Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly environment
Internal test and service representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2014
•Conducted tests and analysis on defective medical volumetric infusion pumps
•Conducted root cause analysis on defected and returned volumetric infusion pumps problems
•Documented test results of medical equipments
•Performed quality control analysis and prepared reports to solve and improve quality issues
Excellent Company
Operations Coordinator/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: only contract work
There was never a dull moment here. My co-workers were amazing to work with, if you needed anything you just had to ask. Team Work and also the ability to work independently was an extremely important roll.

Baxter is a fast paced environment and you are always on your toes. The management team was always there to help in any way possible.
Company cutting costs aggressively! Hiring more contractors!
Finance & Supply Chain (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee, work life balance (so far)
Cons: going through massive cost cutting, not adding head count but cutting head count instead!
Don't come here on a contract. The change of getting permanent is very slim/small. The Canadian office in Mississauga is aggressively cutting costs extensively and hiring more contractors to save on costs/head count. People are being let go from management to analyst level especially in Finance. Many jobs are being outsourced to Costa Rica. Only join – more... the company if you are offered a permanent job upfront. The next few years, the company will go through tough times with more massive cost cutting. If you have a choice to work at a more stable company, go for it. Don't come here unless this is your best option....Company is going through massive cost cutting, not adding head count but cutting head count instead! – less
Not a great company to work for
Nurse Network Educator (Former Employee), Based out of Mississauga OntarioMay 14, 2013
This is not a company that values creativity or dedication to quality of employees. Extensive travel is required and takes you away from having a life outside of work. Their expectation is that employees are robots rather than having expertise and adjusting instruction based on learner needs. There is also no job security as they are contract based. – more... Worst decision of my life to take a position with them – less
fun workplace
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: long hours
Good management , friendly atmosphere , team work and productivity
Modern facility, latest information technology
Home Patient Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: professional environment
Cons: conversion to call center
These 11 years spent at Baxter were challenging as I had a large portfolio of hospitals and patients. I enjoyed the fast pace of working with professional medical staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), 4 Robert Speck Parkway, MissisaugaAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no issues
I enjoyed working with the Pharmacovigilance team. I had to send faxes on a daily basis to the Ministry of Health. I enjoyed working with the Director for RAPV and her team. I prepared Agendas and presentations as per her request.

I completed a registration and reservation for the Director of the Pharmacovigilance who attended a Seminar Downtown Toronto – more... with Hotel accommodation.

I received acknowledgement for the job and though it was a six month's contract - I enjoyed working with the staff and the Directors as well – less
I loved working at Baxter
line worker (Former Employee), AllistonJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: always incentives to do better.
Cons: the midnight shift and it was short term contract
Baxter was a great place to work the people and the management as well as the group leaders were absolutley amazing to work for and with.
very productive place to work, enjoyable
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Thetford, ENGOctober 25, 2014
Pros: the job as a whole.
very busy and productive days and evenings, staff all nice and friendly and helpful. all levels of the jobs were equal no part was harder than the other. enjoy working at the fast pace.
Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe
Global Product Surveillance Team Leader (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 23, 2014
Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities – more... Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe – less
Good entry level job, poor upward development. Tedious and heavy workload.
Global Field Surveillance Quality Associate (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 21, 2014
This is a good first job to accept directly out of school, but it is a stepping stone position and has very poor retention due to the monotonous nature of the work. Baxter uses the promise of upward development to lure people into this position, but there is very little opportunity to move on from this career within the company. It is a very good start – more... for someone interested in a future in quality, but a trap for those interested in design. – less
Great company with challenging senior leadership
EHS and Security Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits and good opportunities
Cons: site senior management is shortsighted and work culture has turned negative
This is a great company that makes wonderful products. The people are mostly great and are very collaborative. The senior leadership can be short sighted and have their own best interest in mind.
Nice place
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
Nice secure place to work. Job Work/Life Balanced. Healthy Job Culture.
Gret place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, IL.October 13, 2014
Pros: all
typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
A busy but friendly place to work
Patient Services Co-Ordinator (Current Employee), Stockport, ENGOctober 11, 2014
Pros: lovely people
Cons: a horrible journey to work
A very busy office where the phone rings constantly.
I have learned to be calm in stressful situations and prioritise my work.
The management are lovely and always prepared to listen to you. My workmates are great and have become good friends.
The hardest part of the job is answering the phone all day whilst still completing your daily tasks.
The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when a patient thanks you for making a difference to them. – less
Great Place to Work
Senior Audit Consultant (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work with a great culture. Great first job specifically for those right out of college looking for coaching and development. Great benefits in relation to healthcare, discounts, reimbursement of public transit.
I love working at Baxter
Billing Specialist (Accounts receivable) (Former Employee), Waukegan ILOctober 8, 2014
Baxter employee are very friendly and polite. I loved my manager and would love to work at Baxter again. I learned accounts receivable and customer service and data management systems.
Good place to work with lots of opportunities
Sr Director, Global Quality Mgmt - Renal Division (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 6, 2014
Good place to work with lots of opportunities. With the diversity of the company, there are many opportunities to develop an individual's career.
Assembler I (Former Employee), Largo, FloridaOctober 6, 2014
typical day at work, very productive close to my house cool coworkers.
The Baxter Experience
STRATEGIC BUYER II, INDIRECT (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
A typical work week consist of reviewing purchase requests, contracts, proposal, accounting discrepancies, trouble shooting, end-user training and making critical decisions and executing it. The hardest and yet the most rewarding part of the job is making the decisions on a project because stake holders are depending on your role to achieve savings, – more... adhere to quality and regulatory standards, meet deadlines while keeping the business running without interruptions.

My co-workers are all dedicated and proficient with their job. They take their career seriously and operate with knowledge, professionalism and heart. This also applies to the management team as they hear out their direct reports and support the need of the workers in order to make their jobs efficient, safe and valuable to the organization.

The skill set I take with me that I've learned from this career is effective communication, leadership skills and result orientation and drive for quality work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos