Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly environment
Internal test and service representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2014
•Conducted tests and analysis on defective medical volumetric infusion pumps
•Conducted root cause analysis on defected and returned volumetric infusion pumps problems
•Documented test results of medical equipments
•Performed quality control analysis and prepared reports to solve and improve quality issues
Excellent Company
Operations Coordinator/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: only contract work
There was never a dull moment here. My co-workers were amazing to work with, if you needed anything you just had to ask. Team Work and also the ability to work independently was an extremely important roll.

Baxter is a fast paced environment and you are always on your toes. The management team was always there to help in any way possible.
Company cutting costs aggressively! Hiring more contractors!
Finance & Supply Chain (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee, work life balance (so far)
Cons: going through massive cost cutting, not adding head count but cutting head count instead!
Don't come here on a contract. The change of getting permanent is very slim/small. The Canadian office in Mississauga is aggressively cutting costs extensively and hiring more contractors to save on costs/head count. People are being let go from management to analyst level especially in Finance. Many jobs are being outsourced to Costa Rica. Only join – more... the company if you are offered a permanent job upfront. The next few years, the company will go through tough times with more massive cost cutting. If you have a choice to work at a more stable company, go for it. Don't come here unless this is your best option....Company is going through massive cost cutting, not adding head count but cutting head count instead! – less
Great colleagues
SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL / BUYER (Current Employee), Alliston, ONJune 24, 2013
Great colleagues, opportunity to learn, large global organization,
Not a great company to work for
Nurse Network Educator (Former Employee), Based out of Mississauga OntarioMay 14, 2013
This is not a company that values creativity or dedication to quality of employees. Extensive travel is required and takes you away from having a life outside of work. Their expectation is that employees are robots rather than having expertise and adjusting instruction based on learner needs. There is also no job security as they are contract based. – more... Worst decision of my life to take a position with them – less
fun workplace
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: long hours
Good management , friendly atmosphere , team work and productivity
Modern facility, latest information technology
Home Patient Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: professional environment
Cons: conversion to call center
These 11 years spent at Baxter were challenging as I had a large portfolio of hospitals and patients. I enjoyed the fast pace of working with professional medical staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), 4 Robert Speck Parkway, MissisaugaAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no issues
I enjoyed working with the Pharmacovigilance team. I had to send faxes on a daily basis to the Ministry of Health. I enjoyed working with the Director for RAPV and her team. I prepared Agendas and presentations as per her request.

I completed a registration and reservation for the Director of the Pharmacovigilance who attended a Seminar Downtown Toronto – more... with Hotel accommodation.

I received acknowledgement for the job and though it was a six month's contract - I enjoyed working with the staff and the Directors as well – less
I loved working at Baxter
line worker (Former Employee), AllistonJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: always incentives to do better.
Cons: the midnight shift and it was short term contract
Baxter was a great place to work the people and the management as well as the group leaders were absolutley amazing to work for and with.
would rather work for compass
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), east midlandsAugust 24, 2014
i think compass are more people orientated. i did not learn anything from working here and management do not listen to workers.the most enjoyable bit was going home at night.
Need Better Management
Business Operations (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: work environment
Their management definitely could use some educating on how to treat the employees. Very demeaning and also does not train employees on the job. Nothing positive to say.
Productive workplace where everyday illustrated human needs
Dir., Baxter Institute for Trng. & Dev. (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: relevant industry
Cons: extensive travel
A lot of travel to provide Supervisors and Managers with skills to productively manage their workforce and achieve results.
Biolife Medical Supervisor
RN-Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Mentor, OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: fda and ema regulation driven environment
Conducting physical screenings of donors
Conducting Post Donation Investigations
Most enjoyable part of job is knowing that the plasma will help save lives
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: saving bonds
Cons: if you miss a day in the week you loose vacation time
Getting alone with over. Doing with is ask of me, Getting the job done, Following safe policy. Company picnic.
Ita an employee friendly company.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Kochi, KLAugust 9, 2014
Baxter is one of the best company I have ever worked in. My job is to meet the nephrologists and promote the PD therapy. It is a very good concept as here we are competing with hemodailysis, as the management of the hospital is against PD therapy. So we have to convince the dr in getting patients for therapy. Our management is very supportive always – more... engages the key customers in various academic and scientific forums. My coworkers include clinical coordinators who will visit the patients and give them thetraining on how to do dialysis at home. They train them and also give monthly visits and give the follow-up feedback to drs along with sales team.
The hardest part of the job is the stocks issues. Once in a while we have to face it when patients call us for getting the stocks and we need to manage it through the other patients. The most enjoyable part is to see the patient and their family being happy after starting the therapy as they dont need to go to hospital for dialysis and can do it fro their homes. – less
Misleading, dishonest leadership, degrading environment
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, interaction with the donors, and the aspect of helping those in need.
Cons: poor management and supervision, short breaks, toxic (mental and emotional abusive) environment, no accountability for poor behaviors of those in leadership positions.
I loved my job and thought it was important for those in need. I worked there almost 7 years. I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact I was more disgruntled while I worked there. The management there is poor. When the new manager took over, we got an award for lowest company turnover. With in the last 8 months, 17 people have left. The supervisors – more... belittle people in front of other employees and worse yet, in front of donors. When they are approached about their behavior, nothing is done. They have not done anything wrong and it is all your fault. They talk and gossip about the employees which creates a hostile and biased environment. Recently they have hired young, attractive girls into positions, and have made comments about the older (age wise, not employment length) workers there. The manager sits in his office and does not address issues and lets his supervisors run the business, and they often times do not realize they are doing things that are unethical and could be considered discriminatory. If you speak up for yourself, you are negative and non-compliant.There is little to no positive recognition of what you do. If they actually do thank you today, you will be wrong tomorrow. When a supervisor can raise her voice at an employee and tell them to shut up in front of other employees and donors, yet there is nothing done, there is a problem. It has been vocalized that this is a good job to have if you don't have kids. This is the environment at the Harrisonburg Virginia Biolife. – less
poor management
Cnc Lathe setup (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 15, 2014
shop was dirty, employee turn over, insurance didn't cover anything
was a good place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marion, NCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, and other activites.
Cons: short breaks, not enough advancement within the company.
learned a lot of skills. most management was fair. most co-workers were nice. made a lot of friends. enjoyed my work. hardest part was going at break neck speeds.
ALERT SECURITY GUARD
Security Guard (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
security guard need to be on the lookout at all times, learning to give necessary actions in any problems occur to take pride on giving all my cares to the company by being alert hardest part is when caught people in trouble most enjoyable is serving customer
Baxter
Technical Writer/Consultant (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJuly 8, 2014
Baxter is a wonderful place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and networking. The salary and benefits were great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos