Job title Production Supervisor
Reports to Plant/QA Manager
The individual is responsible for producing all products manufactured by the company. They will coordinate the production with the Plant Manager to ensure raw materials are available and ready to use. They will direct the production employees to makes sure they complete the daily schedule, clean up and follow all quality, sanitation and safety procedures. They will be a member of the HACCP team and uphold all of the policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the production department in performing the daily plant schedule
- Follow all HACCP rules and provide leadership to production employees
- Work closely with the packaging department to make sure products are completed on time
- Count raw material and work in process inventory weekly to ensure adequate supply levels
- Work with the packaging Lead hand to make sure they work together in planning the daily output and over all coordination of production
- Maintain a clean and tidy work space
- Follow all clean up procedures to make sure the area meets the sanitation program requirements
- Assign other duties to hourly production employees as needed
- Able to set up production equipment and operate it
- High school diploma minimum and college preferred
- Experience handling food ( preferably meat)
- Good mechanical attributes
- Good oral, written communication skills
- A good leader
- 3 years’ experience as a lead hand in a manufacturing environment
- Food safety certificate considered a plus
- Great organizational skills
- Working in a cold environment
- Heavy lifting over 20 kg
- Wet environment
- There is heavy lifting over 20 kg.
- There is some repetitive movement.
All hourly production employees
Bavarian Link Meat Products produces a complete range of pork, beef and poultry based European style deli meats.
The company is set up to...