Job title Plant and QA Manager
Reports to President
The individual is responsible for the entire manufacturing operation including maintenance and all quality systems. This is a hands on position and requires spending time on the shop floor as well as leading the operation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the production and Packaging Supervisors in performing the daily plant schedule
- Develop all HACCP policies and procedures. and provide training to all employees
- Work with the CFIA to maintain compliance
- Help budget and plan for capital and plant expense
- Lead the production planning and inventory control of the facility
- Help in developing new products
- Work to maintain current labels with CFIA and approvals for new labels
- Be a leader in continuous improvement and cost control
- College diploma in a related field at a minimum
- Experience leading a food manufacturing facility at the supervisor or production manager level. Preference is with meat processing experience
- Good mechanical attributes
- Good oral, written communication skills
- Able to work with office manager to co-run the facility
- A good leader and team player
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within a food plant
- 75% office work 25% on the shop floor
- Working in a cold environment
- Heavy lifting over 20 kg
- Wet environment
- There is some heavy lifting over 20 kg.
- There is some repetitive movement.
Supervisors and all hourly employees
Bavarian Link Meat Products produces a complete range of pork, beef and poultry based European style deli meats.
The company is set up to...