Bath Fitter Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
it was a fun day...calling customer's explained our products..my co-workers were excellent , helping with anything i need...
Pros
i learn a lot it was a fun environment
Cons
it was short period
équipe incroyable
Journalier, opérateur senior (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC15 March 2016
super bon travail d'équipe, travaille stimulant, culture d'entreprise comme on retrouve rarement ailleur.
Long days lots of lifting awkward movements
Commissioned Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 November 2015
Owner is understanding, jobs are strenuous and work in many different situations. Space sometimes very limited to work in. Meet many different people which I thought was the best part of the job. I enjoyed working on my own but many times could have used extra hands. Lots of repetitive movements with arms and moving in tight areas with tubs and walls.
was great experiance but not enough direction
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2014
Bath fitter was a decent place to work at, gave me a ton of experience, but there was not enough of direction in terms of my position. I believe my work would have benefitted with there was a detailed description of what was required of me.

It helped me gain more presentation skills. I was always a people person, and loved to talk, but the organization of my presentations were not the best until I started work at bath fitter. Which I am very grateful for.

It is hard to say about co-workers, because I generally worked by myself. And always worked double shifts. But the odd occasion when I did work with someone, we were always on the same page. I did manage and coach 5 people, but were never worked together.

The management team (not including me) was decent. They were always very sweet when letting me know any mistakes I have made or showing me how I can improve in my performance. But in terms of organization and meeting deadlines, I would say that is one area they need to improve upon.
Pros
learned allot, taught me about how to manage a team
Cons
needs to improve on time management, always by myself, not enough direction
Toxic work place that needs a union to deal with management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Maritimes9 December 2014
Miserable employer that constantly takes advantage of employees and provides nothing in quality of work life. Most jobs are 100% commission which allows management to be very manipulative and demanding. Benefits plan requires 50% employee contribution and provides no benefits. Stay away if you can! Definitely not a place to build a career....
Pros
Free coffee on Fridays
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of respect
Don't bother with is company.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby14 November 2014
Bath fitter offered me the position of Sales Representative, I filled out all the paperwork and was waiting on back check to return file.

I phoned to find out they were restructuring the Burnaby branch, however everything was fine with my file and they guaranteed that everything was going forward.

TWO WEEKS later they call and say they are putting them on hold and not hiring at the moment, now I see one week later they have job posted again.

They are liars and deceitful.
former Employee
Management (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick30 September 2014
Brutal company to work for, no respect, no trust, They want you to jump. But ignore your needs.

UPPER MANAGEMENT IS THE MAIN ISSUE, THEY WOULD RATER STRONG ARM AND SHOW WHO IS IN CHARGE THEN MAKE DECISIONS THAT ARE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE COMPANY.

Stay as far away as you can. You will leave frustrated.
Pros
u get paid
Cons
pretty much everything.
workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON21 October 2013
the co workers where great to work with. management seem to only think of the numbers involved and to watch their own backs. they do not think of work/life balance as an option. i found that when i needed to take time off for sickness they did not appreciate it, therefore terminate employment. a typical day was answering in coming phone calls and booking appointments, there was no real hard part of the job. you just had to know how to sell a product to someone enough to get the sales consultant in the home to do their job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hours did not fit around life.
Working at Bath Fitter
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 May 2013
Bath Fitter is a GREAT company to work for. A typical day at work would be starting in the morning, checking messages to throughout the day, entering in new orders into the Bath Fitter Database, answering the phone (customer inquiries), giving support to Sales Consultants as well as Installers, scheduling installations, ordering Bath Fitter product as well as office supplies. At the end of each day I would also do a daily bank deposit. Those are just a few of the many things I did working for Bath Fitter. It was a small staff of around 20 so we were all like a family. The hardest part of my job I would say was when I would need to call residential customers and find out when the company would get paid for work that was completed. I would do it but it was hard hearing people say they didn't have the money, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer would call and give a compliment, whether it was towards an office member, Sales Consultant, Installer or the company in general. It was great!
Excellent company until new management took over
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo ON1 May 2013
This was a great people oriented company when run by it'a founders. Learned about running a business as if it was my own. Mistakes were considered learning experiences. Support was genuine and people came first. Under new management it became impersonal and many people have left.
Great concept, little competition
SALES - ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 March 2013
My day began on the computer pulling up my appointments. First appointment was at 11 am, last one at 7pm. Each appointment ran 1 1/2 hr leaving 30 min to get to the next location. In house presentation was given, measurements taken of the tub to be retrofit, and then paperwork signed if possible.

I learned how to take exact measurements.

The sales team had weekly training where we were able to review tough presentations that were left open and make suggestions to close.

The hardest part was not knowing from day to day what hours, or where in the Fraser Valley I would be working.

The most enjoyable part was closing the deal.
Pros
good commissions
Cons
not knowing my schedule more than 12 hours in advance.