Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Learning Experience
Leads Generator (Former Employee), Portland, MEApril 5, 2014
I worked alone, but met many new people on a daily basis. I learned to approach customers and tell them about the product.
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Regional Manager Northeast (Former Employee), North EastApril 2, 2014
Every day is a new challenge with 160 franchises and 40 corporate stores throughout North America
Very Productive and fun workplace.
Bath Remodeling (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAMarch 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Always had a job to do everyday, gave me my own work van and tools, a;ways made sure i had everything i needed to get the job done.
Ridiculous company expectations on employees
Consultant (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: if they pay on time it is fair
Cons: 100% commissions not paid on time and they find ways to delay paying
You have the opportunity to learn their products and represent their product as the only option that makes sense to anyone which is contrary to common sense. They expect you to believe that their product and company are the best available bar none. And if you don't "believe" with cult like behavior of pledging 100% loyalty to be available at all hours – more... of day and night to them, then you are shown the door, or if you don't get the hint, they delay your projects from being installed and hence delay paying you or make it harder for you to earn a living.
They also don't like anyone questioning their system or process of selling or communicating about them and refute disputes with customers for nonperformance with very petty tactics. – less
Productive company to work for!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Easton, MAFebruary 6, 2014
Daily work was to answer phones, filing, set up appointments for estimates, entered sales into the system, daily deposits, entered installers payroll, and helped customers.
I attempted to get people to remodel their bathrooms.
Consultant, Duties (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: if a sale went through, the person who persuaded recieved compensation.
Cons: never recieved a sale. ignored. did not know supervisors name.
Long, boring days, standing in one position getting ignored by everyone.
Nothing good about this location
Install Technician (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVNovember 15, 2013
Pros: you might make money
Cons: long hours for the first 9 months
I was promised I would be making around $20 an hour doing bathtub replacements. They also tell you that you will be in training for 5 weeks but the pay is $10 an hour while in training then you have to go to Harrisburg, PA for 2 weeks. I was stuck in training for 8 weeks because the install Manager forgot to schedule me for corporate training. The product – more... itself isn't bad but they expect you to slap there materials right over the old that is there. It doesn't matter if there is a moldy substrate or the shower base they gave you is the wrong size the job NEEDS to get done in 1 day. it makes the company look good and increases your pay. I averaged $12 an hour working 15 hour days and since there is so much work they made Saturday work mandatory ( without notice). If you don't get your Saturday job done you will be back on Sunday to finish it. – less
Shady Company
sales (Former Employee), Kent OhioNovember 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, commission, hours, no benefits
I worked for them a few years ago in Kent Ohio. They promise you a lot and deliver nothing. Their product is junk. It is often more than to replace the entire bathroom. I got a lead for an entire hotel and the job sold but never saw a dime in commission. They lie about everything. The owners in Kent are cut throat. Stay far away
Run, don't just walk away from this (?)opportunity(?)!!!!!
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Kent OHOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good training program at corp hq, great installation people
Cons: late hrs, bad leads, overpriced product
Expect lots of driving time and auto expenses. The best leads are given out to the manager's favorites. Many set appts. are no shows or have not been qualified properly. Went on many appts. where the cost of the product exceeded the value of the mobile home or ghetto property. Don' t expect to see your family M-F, as you won't be home until 11 PM. If – more... you don't close the sale that night, the manager will follow up and can cut the price...you get nothing. They are always hiring. How great of an opportunity can it be when the longest tenure of any sales rep is under 2 yrs? – less
Exciting Locations to show their product.
Marketing (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 4, 2013
Pros: mileage reimbursement. $10.00 per hour. staff.
Cons: no insurance. part time. was not notified when they no longer had contracts.
Traveling to various events to show bath remodeling product. I learned great marketing skills. Management was a bit unstable. Co-Workers were fun and very helpfull. The hardest part of the job was the wear and tear on my vehicle but they do have mileage reimbursement. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, the customer service part.
Great opportunity to learn and grow in sales
Sales (Current Employee), East CoastAugust 29, 2013
Pros: training program, great sales people, earning potential
Cons: improperly managed offices, incompetent managers, zero office sturcture, constantly changing schedule, most office are below budget for the year and failing.
Typical day at bath fitter is running your appointments. Unfortunately you dont know some of the appointments until sometimes that very day, so you cannot really make plans mon-friday. Technically your on call from 8am-8pm if you do not have an appt. The opportunity to make great money and learn/grow in sales is there. But in order to do that you really – more... have to put up with alot of nonsense..

The hardest part is dealing with the improperly managed offices and having absolutely no sales manager to answer to or get help when needed. There is only a branch managers and in most offices they have zero sales experience. I would not recommend working for this company and i am still part of it..

Most reviews on here have been created by current employees and asked to do so by management. That's why there is so many positive reviews. – less
Very up beat, positive and friendly workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Castle Hayne, NCAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my days at this workplace as it was always something new, constantly learning something different. New customers daily and never a dull moment. I enjoyed working with everyone from this company and hated to have to leave
great product that all customers are very pleased with
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: income potential is six figures or more
Cons: new culture from a new ceo. higher closing %, higher average sale. zero tolerance.
A great place to work as you are independent. The company supplies a vehicle they also supply the majority of leads.
Your be sorry!!!!!!!!
Sales (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: zero
They are always looking for sales people. Job stinks! Forget about it. It is really laughable that anyone buys their products. Do not get sucked in for if you do, you will really be sorry!!!!!
Kind of dull
Sales, Bath Fitter (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJuly 8, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: product i didn't believe in once i learned about it
Your job was to harass people and tell them about a product that just covers up your old tub.
workplace
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2013
Pros: learned about bathroom equitment
Cons: short breaks
my typical day at work is getting persons to sign up for a free estimate on their bathroom. I learned alot about different tiles,tubes,walls,cement, etc. As long as i keep my smile on & stay positive there are no hard parts. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people working in a diverse surrondings.
STAY FAR AWAY especially in NC/SC branches
Sales (Former Employee), Garner/charlotte/myrtle beachApril 25, 2013
Pros: absolutly nothing. if you think it is good, it's a lie
Cons: absolutly everything. don't trust them. they lie, lie
Stay as far away as you can from this company. Unethical, devious, immature, hateful, and an insecure district manager that has some very serious anger issues. I worked for the company for 4 months and was in a position where the branch managers opened up to me on how the district manager was so devious and spiteful. Everyone is scared for their jobs, – more... that is the way this "man" likes to have his employees. He runs the raleigh/garner, Myrtle beach, Charlotte, branches. You will hate your job, and will be so disapointed in this companies ethics. I don't know how the other bath fitters are run, but you have been warned. This district is run by a tyrant who has mental issues that he is compensating for. And they track your vehicals, cell phones, records everything. He is a voyer.
You can do better than working for this company. The product is good, but the culture and environment is so bad. All because of the district manager. Don't be scared for your job all the time. – less

MrClean – July 17, 2013

I worked for this company and left for the exact same reasons. Branch manager has no business sense and doesn't have a clue what is ethical or not. Any company that has an employee turnover rate as high as these guys should tell you something.

Rise To The Challenge and answer the call from a Great Company!!
Multi Product District Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Lewisberry, PAApril 14, 2013
Pros: room for advancement, competitive pay, job security, a career
A typical day at work is always unpredictable. I like that because when things are predictable they are no longer fun to me. My job has me traveling a lot. I embrace it! Did you ever go to the same restaurant and after a while the waitress's know your name and what you want to drink? Well imagine that in like 5 different cities! I love seeing the different – more... cities and towns, so many people to meet and things to experience!

I have literally grown up here at Bath Fitter. I was 27 when I started now I’m 33 and have grown significantly within the company and as a man in general! This company has taught me a lot about the corporate world and how to handle myself in and outside of the office. The management is stern but fair and always understanding. They hold you to your projections and goals and when you hit those numbers you are rewarded nicely! Your work performance is very visible and I love that! When you know the whole company can see your numbers you want them to look good!!!!!!

As far as co-workers we have the best! I can’t walk through the halls without seeing tons of different smiles and just overall happy people! The employees here truly love their job! I have also met people who will be lifelong acquaintances!

The hardest part of my job is keeping up the same pace month after month! Make no mistake I love it and completely invite the challenge! What is life without a challenge anyway? So in essence the hardest part of my job becomes the most rewarding when completed!! – less
good company but very unfair when handing out leads
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Poca, WVApril 9, 2013
Pros: meet lots of nice folks
Cons: all the driving
commission only, in home sales. good money at times, but sometimes no pay for a month. drive over a thousand miles per wk. using own car and gas. too unstable.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Branch Installation Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 8, 2013
Our management team is top notch! It is nice to work for a company that cares about both its customers and its employees. Bathroom remodeling could not be better & I enjoy helping to provide the best quality installations every day.

1 2 3