The Installer is responsible for the accurate and professional installation of all Bath Fitter products at the job site according to Bath Fitter procedures and to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
The Installer reports to the Branch Manager; or to the Production Supervisor if applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all Bath Fitter installation standards and procedures while doing installations and providing services.
- Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude when dealing with customers.
- Respect customers' property and leave work area clean.
- Always wear Bath Fitter uniform on the job, observing rules of good grooming and hygiene.
- Inform customers about the functionality, care and upkeep of their new installations.
- Accurately complete and submit to office all necessary paper work and photos: e.g., EOI form, job costing sheet, checklists, etc.
- Keep van stocked with all necessary tools and job components.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep and security of the van.
- Take inventory of installation vehicle as required.
- Complete service calls as required.
- Abide by all Bath Fitter policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Bath Fitter safety policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in regular branch and/or regional meetings and training sessions.
- Realize the Installer’s role as the personal representative of Bath Fitter while in uniform and while driving the van and act accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent education required.
- Carpentry and/or trim carpentry and renovation experience required, with the ability to take accurate measurements.
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written, illustrated or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel; to stand and walk; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or push/pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Related Work Elements
The related work elements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Temperament: Ability to work independently and under specific instructions with little supervision. Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
Environment Factors: Concrete floor surface. Exposure to changes in temperature/humidity while loading/unloading van or sizing acrylic wall/tub/shower (outside/inside). Indoor work station (bathroom) controlled regulated temperature (air conditioning/heating system).
Work Environment Access: Ground level entrance or step/stair entrance into commercial or residential job site, various sizes of doorway entrances. May have to ascend and descend flights
of stairs to work area/bathroom on different floors.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Hand tools, adhesives, solvents, blow torch, fire extinguisher, knives and cutters, flux, measuring tools, heat strips, dolly/two wheelers, etc. (Complete list available from Human Resources.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; able to read and interpret written and illustrated information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values and code of ethics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely and appropriate decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
NATURE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements made in this job description are not intended to create a contract. The job description should not be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract
of employment between Bath Fitter and an applicant or employee. The provisions of this job description have been developed at the discretion