Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Amazing positive environment to work in. The staff were friendly and fabulous.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mic Mac Mall Dartmouth NSOctober 3, 2013
Hours were very flexible which is extremely important to me. Spent the day helping customers find what they were looking for, helped with gift suggestions, greeted people as they entered and wished them well as they departed the store. My co-workers were friendly, happy, talkative and a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look of relief on customer's faces when their gift giving concerns were solved. Only wish it were year round rather than just the Christmas season.
Pros
store discounts, friendly people, confidence builder.
Cons
seasonal, not enough days.
Great Values and Great People
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Being a part time manager gave me much experience in remaining close to the employees but still learning about management and responsibility in retail. Left me with confidence and a great network.
A really accommodating workplace with very supportive managers and coworkers!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves circulating between working at the cash, assisting customers on the floor and stocking merchandise. I have learned a lot about effective selling methods, and the company values. I have 3 managers so there's never an issue with receiving opportunities for guidance and development, and there's always someone there when I have a problem. What's really enjoyable about my job is interacting with the customers and the people I work with!
Pros
flexible and accommodating
Cons
i can't think of any!
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  100 city centre driveDecember 9, 2012
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Pros
core values and inclusion
Cons
no work life balance
Intense and loving work environment that focuses on meeting the needs of the customer.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2013
Working at Bath and Body works during the Christmas season was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. I love the intense rush that Christmas time brings and Bath and Body Works knows how to handle it! I love the way that they set their store up and section off each area to a different Sales Associate, I find it a very effective way to sell and appreciate the customer interactions. Bath and Body Works has always been one of my favorite memories of working!
Pros
discount on products, fun employee days during holiday seasons.
Cons
customer interactions are short.
Fun place to work!
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
I worked days and nights as it was retail. I learned a lot about the company and great products (which i still buy). My store manager was great, and we actually became quite good friends (i was also a manager). My co workers were a lot of fun to be around, everyone always smiling and having fun with each other and customers. The hardest part of my job was working the night shifts to prepare the store for new products and displays, it affected my family, as the hours were very late. The best part of my job was helping customers, making them happy, training new staff, and being able to give everyone a product that is great!
Pros
good pay and beneifits
Cons
hours
Productive and hardworking workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2014
I learned to use my time management and organizing skills while working at Bath and Body Works. I enjoyed helping customers, as well as my fellow employees. I felt that I was best at replenishment and stock of the store because of my quick pace and wanting to be neat. My coworkers were great, and always ready to help when needed. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons
n/a
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons
low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Cashier Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 11, 2015
Working at Bath and Body Works taught me a lot. I learned how to work in a face pace environment. I learned how to deal with customers and also made sure they were always satisfied.
Pros
The wonderful environment
Cons
The register system wasn't the most efficient
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first.
Pros
in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons
on calls, flootsets
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 19, 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place.
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 23, 2013
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today.
Pros
experience
Cons
experience
Productive, very friendly and caring atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I received training on how to approach customers in an organic way that has taught me to face my fear of public speaking and start to work towards being more comfortable talking in front of other people.
I also received training in aesthetics when doing floorsets to make the displays look beautiful and appealing.
Very caring and flexible managers and staff that I still have close friendships with even after leaving.
Pros
occasional free products
Light and over all an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working a bath and body works.
I was only part time however I still learnt a lot from work there, traits like: customer service, memorizing product, cash and merchandise flow.
Usually I work out on the floor with customers selling the product, all the co-workers work together to make the day enjoyable and fun. We are always laughing and having a good time while still staying on task with the daily requirements given by our store manager.
Efficient sales and connections with customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Lots of interaction and care must be paid to the customers, as that is a massive part of the job
Important to maintain returning customers and to help customers find exactly what they are looking for
Good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours, wages
not recommeded at ALL!!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Do not work there!!
Only management get hours!
Typical day, you do all the work while management sit around and eat the treats the company buys for its workers. They don't even let you know that Corporate sent funds for treats for staff.
I would not recommend anyone to work at BBW!
Cons
many
moderately stress free, great people
Merchandise/stock handler (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioFebruary 23, 2012
not a bad company to work for, straightforward and easy work
the only thing i would change is how uptight the store is about reaching their "quota" , i know the whole point of it is goal setting and leadership but its too much of a focus , rather than just working on getting things done efficiently
Pros
great co workers, fun times, great job
Cons
goal focus causes inefficiency in work
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales Associate/ Merchandise Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2013
Bath & Body Works offered me not only a working experience but helped me grow as an individual. Not only did my skills develop and enhance in this company but they taught me valuable customer service skills I use everyday. The team I worked with was exceptional and bonded like a family.
Pros
great team and positive environment
Cons
no full-time hours
Great management support and enthusiasm
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 6, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Bath and Body Works. The management team were fantastic and made the environment positive and motivating.