Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BC7 February 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.
Amazing positive environment to work in. The staff were friendly and fabulous.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mic Mac Mall Dartmouth NS3 October 2013
Hours were very flexible which is extremely important to me. Spent the day helping customers find what they were looking for, helped with gift suggestions, greeted people as they entered and wished them well as they departed the store. My co-workers were friendly, happy, talkative and a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look of relief on customer's faces when their gift giving concerns were solved. Only wish it were year round rather than just the Christmas season.
Pros
Store discounts, friendly people, confidence builder.
Cons
Seasonal, not enough days.
Productive, Fun Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 May 2015
great experience with a fun work orientated team. Working at bath and body works allows you to build relationships with your team and learn product knowledge. Very fast pace and allows you to be independent and gain hands on experience.
Great and friendly customers who keep coming back and great diverse atmosphere to be apart of.
Pros
Close relationships, Great teams, lots of potlucks.
Cons
Shift Fluctuate
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2015
The people I work with are really nice, also the customers. I've gained lots of skills working there. The environment is always nice and clean. Everything is organized. I am now capable of dealing with transactions and offer great customer service. I'm always looking forward to improve myself and gain more experience in order to improve my performance at work.
Pros
Very organized. Smells good and it's clean. The employees are very friendly and helpful.
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  100 city centre drive9 December 2012
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Pros
core values and inclusion
Cons
no work life balance
Fun workplace, with great people to work with.
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2015
I learned many valuable skills at Bath and Body works, learning how to work as a team, learning how to help people in a productive way. All of the employees worked greatly together and were always happy to help, whenever and however they could.
A really accommodating workplace with very supportive managers and coworkers!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2014
A typical day at work involves circulating between working at the cash, assisting customers on the floor and stocking merchandise. I have learned a lot about effective selling methods, and the company values. I have 3 managers so there's never an issue with receiving opportunities for guidance and development, and there's always someone there when I have a problem. What's really enjoyable about my job is interacting with the customers and the people I work with!
Pros
Flexible and Accommodating
Cons
I can't think of any!
Intense and loving work environment that focuses on meeting the needs of the customer.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 May 2013
Working at Bath and Body works during the Christmas season was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. I love the intense rush that Christmas time brings and Bath and Body Works knows how to handle it! I love the way that they set their store up and section off each area to a different Sales Associate, I find it a very effective way to sell and appreciate the customer interactions. Bath and Body Works has always been one of my favorite memories of working!
Pros
Discount on Products, fun employee days during holiday seasons.
Cons
Customer interactions are short.
challanging and fast paced
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 February 2015
An always changing work environment that enables you to learn new skills in a variety of areas including; time management, customer service, multi tasking, loss prevention, efficient inventory control, team building and management. You have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of great people and great customers.
Fun place to work!
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2013
I worked days and nights as it was retail. I learned a lot about the company and great products (which i still buy). My store manager was great, and we actually became quite good friends (i was also a manager). My co workers were a lot of fun to be around, everyone always smiling and having fun with each other and customers. The hardest part of my job was working the night shifts to prepare the store for new products and displays, it affected my family, as the hours were very late. The best part of my job was helping customers, making them happy, training new staff, and being able to give everyone a product that is great!
Pros
Good pay and beneifits
Cons
Hours
Productive and hardworking workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2014
I learned to use my time management and organizing skills while working at Bath and Body Works. I enjoyed helping customers, as well as my fellow employees. I felt that I was best at replenishment and stock of the store because of my quick pace and wanting to be neat. My coworkers were great, and always ready to help when needed. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
N/A
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, Canada3 December 2012
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons
low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
Great Values and Great People
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2015
Being a part time manager gave me much experience in remaining close to the employees but still learning about management and responsibility in retail. Left me with confidence and a great network.
bath and ody works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmonton14 April 2015
noo balance with school work and personal life. hated stocking. also management is not good. too many new people. i would reccommend it go everyone
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2012
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first.
Pros
in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons
on calls, flootsets
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place.
Productive, very friendly and caring atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2013
I received training on how to approach customers in an organic way that has taught me to face my fear of public speaking and start to work towards being more comfortable talking in front of other people.
I also received training in aesthetics when doing floorsets to make the displays look beautiful and appealing.
Very caring and flexible managers and staff that I still have close friendships with even after leaving.
Pros
Occasional free products
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 April 2013
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today.
Pros
experience
Cons
experience
Light and over all an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 April 2014
I enjoyed working a bath and body works.
I was only part time however I still learnt a lot from work there, traits like: customer service, memorizing product, cash and merchandise flow.
Usually I work out on the floor with customers selling the product, all the co-workers work together to make the day enjoyable and fun. We are always laughing and having a good time while still staying on task with the daily requirements given by our store manager.
Good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  toronto31 January 2013
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours, wages