Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work!
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
I worked days and nights as it was retail. I learned a lot about the company and great products (which i still buy). My store manager was great, and we actually became quite good friends (i was also a manager). My co workers were a lot of fun to be around, everyone always smiling and having fun with each other and customers. The hardest part of my job was working the night shifts to prepare the store for new products and displays, it affected my family, as the hours were very late. The best part of my job was helping customers, making them happy, training new staff, and being able to give everyone a product that is great!
Pros
good pay and beneifits
Cons
hours
Efficient sales and connections with customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Lots of interaction and care must be paid to the customers, as that is a massive part of the job
Important to maintain returning customers and to help customers find exactly what they are looking for
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons
low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first.
Pros
in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons
on calls, flootsets
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 19, 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place.
Light and over all an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working a bath and body works.
I was only part time however I still learnt a lot from work there, traits like: customer service, memorizing product, cash and merchandise flow.
Usually I work out on the floor with customers selling the product, all the co-workers work together to make the day enjoyable and fun. We are always laughing and having a good time while still staying on task with the daily requirements given by our store manager.
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 23, 2013
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today.
Pros
experience
Cons
experience
Productive, very friendly and caring atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I received training on how to approach customers in an organic way that has taught me to face my fear of public speaking and start to work towards being more comfortable talking in front of other people.
I also received training in aesthetics when doing floorsets to make the displays look beautiful and appealing.
Very caring and flexible managers and staff that I still have close friendships with even after leaving.
Pros
occasional free products
Good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours, wages
not recommeded at ALL!!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Do not work there!!
Only management get hours!
Typical day, you do all the work while management sit around and eat the treats the company buys for its workers. They don't even let you know that Corporate sent funds for treats for staff.
I would not recommend anyone to work at BBW!
Cons
many
moderately stress free, great people
Merchandise/stock handler (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioFebruary 23, 2012
not a bad company to work for, straightforward and easy work
the only thing i would change is how uptight the store is about reaching their "quota" , i know the whole point of it is goal setting and leadership but its too much of a focus , rather than just working on getting things done efficiently
Pros
great co workers, fun times, great job
Cons
goal focus causes inefficiency in work
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales Associate/ Merchandise Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2013
Bath & Body Works offered me not only a working experience but helped me grow as an individual. Not only did my skills develop and enhance in this company but they taught me valuable customer service skills I use everyday. The team I worked with was exceptional and bonded like a family.
Pros
great team and positive environment
Cons
no full-time hours
Great management support and enthusiasm
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 6, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Bath and Body Works. The management team were fantastic and made the environment positive and motivating.
A fun smelling place to work with lots of colour
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 29, 2014
Working at bath and body was a fun experience I met lots of nice people and got to learn many interesting things about lots of difference fragrances candles and hygene. The breaks were great and the pay was good. There was nothing hard about the job. and I enjoyed every day when I was at work.
Pros
the environment
Cons
needs longer hours
Good work environment, very busy, smells good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 7, 2014
It was enjoyable, staff was friendly and funny. Sometimes the managers would ask us to bother the customers too much with products, which I personally didn't like to do because I know that customers don't like sales associates pressuring them into buying things they don't want/need.
Good experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview MallJanuary 19, 2014
Busy
Fast pace
Good management
Nice and Helpful co workers
Getting adjusted to the environment
Interaction with customers
Pros
good experience
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2014
A fun environment with well selected employees. However, management is poorly selected.
Fun, Great Team
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  ottawa, OnSeptember 15, 2013
-Fun place to work for the most part
-We had a great team
-Could get extremely busy some days
-Management was okay.
Fun workplace
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Barrie ontarioDecember 9, 2013
Nice friendly co-workers, fun environment great hours always smelt good in the store and got great deals on the stores products. Also liked the system of communication that they had there with the walkie talkies i think that was a great idea to improve the communication in the store to the best ability
Great for a first job
Stock Clerk/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ONMay 15, 2013
Great place to work for those who are just venturing out into the work place. business picks up during the holidays. Employees get to learn how a business is ran, everyone contributes something.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
shortage of workable hours