Bath & Body Works
1,564 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love it but VERy low salary
SALES ASSOCIATE (seasonal) (Former Employee), Brownsville, TxNovember 21, 2014
Pros: you always smell good, nice management!
Cons: very low employee discounts
Nice people, awesome work place, I really enjoyed but very low salary.. You always smells good. It is a pain restocking!
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newnan, GANovember 20, 2014
My experience working with Bath and Body works was good. I enjoyed being around my co-workers. Management showed that they appreciate their works. The hardest part of the job was having to stay overnight for floor sets.
Productive and fun workplace with a great team.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Newport News, VANovember 19, 2014
BBW is definitely a fun and upbeat work environment. It is faced past and ever changing. They are very customer oriented and take pride at making their customers feel warm and welcome. They are big on customer interaction and product knowledge which does make the job much easier. The team their is great and will not hesitate to help you if there is – more... something that you do not understand. The most enjoyable part of being a Bath & Body Works associate is being able to make someones day by finding the perfect fragrance for them or helping them find the perfect gift for a loved one. – less
Classroom setting with ages 3-5 yrs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDNovember 19, 2014
This was a great job and I was sorry to have to leave it. I loved working with the children and watching them grow. I had an amazing bond with my staff so we all knew what needed to be done and were also able to cater to the needs of the kids because we were all on the same page. The only downfall was that there were not many opportunities to advance – more... in that department and dealing with the parents and management was also hard at times.You had to work a certain number of hours before you were eligible for benefits and they were not that great. – less
Great job not Great Hours
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 18, 2014
I was hired on for a seasonal position and they did not give me good hours at all. They had too many workers. The work was easy but overall wasnt a great job. Maybe for a first job but if you have bills to pay look somewhere else!
Customer Oriented
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, OHNovember 18, 2014
keeping customers happy and having an easy shopping experience. using the computer to ring out customers. making sure the store is fulling stocked and the shelves never look empty.
fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free product samples
Cons: short breakes
I liked learning about all the different products they had to offer. There really was something for everyone. My co workers were friendly.A day would include answering questions about products and suggesting other products to add to their intended purchase. Working the till.
Good workplace
Sales (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 18, 2014
Pros: nice people, awesome customers
Cons: no breaks, inconsistencies, management
Bath and Body works was a good workplace. Management on the other hand is not what I expected it to be. I have recently left this part-time job due to getting married and the scheduling was in consistent and I never knew when I was going to work. Not the best place I have worked at.
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 17, 2014
A typical work day was fairly busy. I learned how to interact with customers in order to make a sale, and management was respectable and considerate.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: free samples, fun music on loud speakers
Cons: no job advancement
Great part time job for anyone who is looking to work here.

Fun and upbeat environment, great co-workers, and a fun product to sell.
a large variety of personal care needs
MERCHANDISER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDNovember 13, 2014
Pros: stress free work place
Cons: no health care for part-timers
In a large setting to meet and greet a large variety of people
Fun and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rome GeorgiaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: freebies, discounts, seeing different people daily
Cons: standing, not enough hours
A typical day at Bath & Body Works consist of greeting customers and helping him or her find their fragrance/household needs.

Working here I've learned how to provide good adequate customer service.

Management is great! Wish this was longer than a seasonal job.

My coworkers are fun funny women who enjoy helping others.

The hardest part of the job – more... is the standing.

The most enjoyable part is meeting and greeting new and different people everyday. – less
Fun work enviroment,
FT Sales Leader (Former Employee), Aventura, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short lunch breaks, overnight floorsets
A typical day would consists of managing payroll, managing the sales floor, and training sales associates.
good company to work for
Sales associate / cashier (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYNovember 11, 2014
good incentives work for the company for a long time and i enjoyed it especially during holiday time .
Fun place to work at
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere to work at
Cons: standing on your feet for long periods of time
I love bath and body works both as a consumer and an employee. I enjoyed myself whenever i worked there seasonally, because I already knew the products. I loved being in my assigned zone and just attend to the customers and doing demonstrations of products on them, and making that final sale for them.
Laidback paced work
Stock Crew (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 9, 2014
Pros: fast paced, nice staff
Cons: bi weekly pay, part-time only.
The pay is bi-weekly on part time pay. with the pay rate this system is not that great. Other than that it not to bad. The staff is nice, the work flow is quick enough and customer are pretty interesting. Typical day really oly included the unpacking of boxes in inventory and bringing them out to the active floor.
Fun, energetic, and fast paced environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Fairfield, CANovember 6, 2014
Fun and exciting shift. With the chance to learn selling behaviors and make a customer connect on a daily basis.
Bath and Body
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNNovember 6, 2014
Cons: short breaks
The company is all around a great company, but the people who run it and work there aren't the best to work for/with. The employees have a bad attitude, gossip on the floor, and start drama. The job experience though is ok. I've met wonderful customers who are so nice and I've learned how to use the cash register and also communicate with customers. – more... The hardest part about the job is constantly restocking the shelves because it can get a little crazy in there sometimes. The most enjoyable part about the job is getting to meet with customers and try out some fragrances. But all in all, things need to change inside the workplace with the employees and management. – less
Lead Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 4, 2014
Made sure to train and coach the employees, and made sure we were keeping on tops of our sales goals, restocking shelves and helped customers in anything they needed.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYNovember 3, 2014
Pros: discount at victoria's secret, receiving gratis, forming friendships
Cons: pay starts at minimum wage based on experience, mandatory overnight floor sets, difficult customers
Being a sales associate at Bath & Body Works is both an interesting and challenging job. A typical day at work includes many different tasks; helping and interacting with customers, handling money, problem solving, cleaning and organizing the store and handling shipment. The management at this store is great. I have never had an issue with any of the – more... management staff, as they all treat the associates with kindness and respect. I have formed a close bond with each and every member of the store, including both managers and sales associates. The hardest part of my job is lifting and moving heavy boxes while keeping my blood sugar under control, as I am a type 1 diabetic. The most enjoyable part of my job is forming bonds with both returning customers and my co-workers. – less

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos