Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They were very nice
Sales/Service Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FlJune 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks
I liked working there, but I did not get enough hours. They taught me how to properly engage a customer in getting a product form our store. The environment was very friendly.
loved the products
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: holidays are stressful
Products are great
customers are easy to deal with
hours were nice
co-workers and managers were easy to get along with
My co-workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: i got discounts
Cons: did not get to many hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers becausr they where nice and when i need it the help they where there i only work in christmas time.
Typical retail job but with a very fun atmosphere
Associate of Sales & Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: learned crucial sales tactics and customer service skills, opportunity for growth, hard work recognized and rewarded
Cons: scattered hours, hard to balance work and personal life
Enjoyable, great sales experience. I personally think everyone should work a few years of retail at one point in their life. Valuable learning experiences about customer service, sales, and composure. Wonderful group of co-workers with very supportive management team.
Very positive, live, and interesting
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJune 17, 2014
Bath and Body works was the one job in which I had to learn to break out of my shell. I was very quiet and shy but this job required someone the complete opposite. During my time working here I learned how to just walk up to people and assist them instead of just waiting for them to ask you for help.
Horrible
Sales Leader, Brand Manager (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHJune 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: lousy management!!!!!
Managers lie and harass their employees! Claim to be women friendly but are anything but! Intimidate the staff and DM is rude and won't give you the time of day! Make endless promises they will never keep! HR is a joke too, they claim they will investigate a complaint but they never do!
Was just ok
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2014
Pros: lots of fun free product, fun things to look at.
Cons: crazy high expectations
I was a manager at Bath and Body works. I loved selling, I loved the free gifts you would get as a employee, and I liked the relationships I had with other employees. The only thing as a manager they would give you maybe a 2 to 3 hr training session on how to do something in the store, for me it was marketing. They had one girl come in and train me – more... for one day, then the next weekend I was expected to know how to do the entire marketing for the whole store. It was insane. No one could possibly know or get down every single marketing tool in 2, hrs, mind you I still had t help customers. Crazy! – less
An interactive environment with great rewards!
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 15, 2014
I loved working here because it allowed me to utilize my great organizing skills while allowing me to improve my communication skills. You are on your feet a lot but being able to be part of a great environment makes it worth while.
Productive and fast passed
Salesman (Former Employee), New YorkJune 13, 2014
Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Concord, NHJune 13, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: low pay
Took the position to try and better my sales skills. Hardest part of the job was working with very young people who were more focused on gossip.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: free product, great coworkers
Cons: long commute
This job included lots of costumer interaction which I was trained well for and in the end really enjoyed. I learned about the inner workings of the company which aimed to make costumers happy with a good product and more importantly a good experience in the store. My managers did a great job training and explaining what needed to be done as well as – more... providing constructive criticism, encouragement, and praise. This motivated me to always come in and do my best. I loved my coworkers, every one was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was simply keeping up with work and the commute, college, and a college sport. Unfortunately, I had to leave when training for my senior year of tennis began. Favorite part of the job was becoming comfortable with interacting with people who came into the store. – less
Amazing workplace.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 11, 2014
A typical day includes, tending to inside and outside customers, coaching, recruiting, hiring, scheduling, conference calls, product knowledge and overall a very high energy fun place to work.

I learned to manage a team of more than 40. I learned how to manage and coach using my head and not my heart. Bath & Body Works taught me to use my own willingness – more... to learn and skill in a way that rubs off on my associates.

My Co-Workers are all talented, energetic people with the same will and skill in a high energy workplace.

The hardest part of the job is the schedule. I have a small child at home and find it very difficult to work so many late nights and weekends consecutively.

My favorite part of the job is the people. – less
Nice place
Part time sales associate (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: free product when the sales launch
Cons: not enough hours
People very friendly, and helpful. Learn a lot about the product and talk to different people.
Fun educational place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulare, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: most supportive staff i've ever encountered
A typical day is getting to know your customers needs and wants. I've learned various things I was not familiar with before such as engaging with a customer face to face and making their shopping experience more personal, making sales goals and meeting them. I have been lucky enough to have an incredibly supportive management and associates whom I've – more... never felt uncomfortable with. Everyone was generous and understanding. The hardest part is more personal, I felt sometimes I was too hard on myself for not quickly feeling like I have been able to do everything I could but I know I did my best. – less
Fast-paced retail sales position from 2001-2007
Co-manager (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJune 4, 2014
Pros: opportunities to advance, learn new things, fast pace
Cons: scheduling
Typically my work day was focused on making sales, maintaining the visual standards of the store, balancing the registers and pulling deposits at close, supervising and training new associates, supervising organization of stockroom and processing shipments.
I learned from working retail management that I can accomplish many different tasks in one day – more... and oversee others to do the same. I also learned that training new associates, making presentations at district-wide meetings, and leading new product education meetings.
As is typical in retail, there was fairly high turnover in management, especially at the lower levels. Each manager I worked with had her own strengths and opportunities, but corporate culture expected a lot of dedication to the job no matter who was at the helm.
My co-workers were diverse. I encountered store associates who passionate about their part-time jobs, and wanted to learn everything. I also worked with those who simply wanted to do as little as possible during their shifts. I had to invest time and care in all of them in order to fulfill my duty to the company.
The hardest part of the job was the scheduling. I disliked having to work every weekend but one in a month. Not having days off back-to-back was a disadvantage physically, mentally and emotionally. Corporate culture rewarded those most who privileged devotion to work over family. Bath & Body Works is owned by Limited Brands and I disliked the culture they practiced (as opposed to the one they promoted).
The most enjoyable part of my job was training and teaching co-workers as well as working with customers to meet their needs. – less
loved this job
Store Manager (Former Employee), menlo park njJune 4, 2014
While working at bath and body works, I added two more children to my family, giving me more responsibility at home, which is the only reason I left there. I had two children, one right after the other, less than a year apart and a teenage daughter as well, I had a hard time with balancing everything, so I needed to have less responsibility at that – more... time. – less
A good place for students to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJune 4, 2014
Bath and Body provides very flexible scheduling, which is excellent if you are a college student or if you have multiple jobs. As with most retail positions the schedule does fluctuate and there are not always a lot of hours to go around. They have also been implementing many changes over the past few years.
Fun environment for sure.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 3, 2014
It was such a fun and cheery place to work. Everyone was so nice.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJune 3, 2014
Pros: free fragrances
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work would consist of interacting with each and every customer, demoing, uncovering the customers needs by asking questions and recommending products. What I've learned is that you have to maintain high energy, satisfy each customer. The hardest part of the job are floor-sets that consist of employees working overnight to redesign the – more... entire store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers with finding products they're looking for.The overall goal is to create customer loyalty. – less
fun selling environment
Sales Leads (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 3, 2014
being able to sell to customers was a fun experience.
being able to find them what they really wanted and teach them about different products the store had was fun. every season the company would have a new product and the customers were always happy to try them out and buy the item.

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos