Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Very Stressfull environment everything from the words you speak to how you dress is by them
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2013
A typical day at work would be selling product and restocking shelves for our customers.
what I learned is that I love making people feel special and seeing people smile.
management here was the worst this company does not respect part-time employees only there management heads.
My co-workers were all around my age or younger and we created bonds within those four walls.
The hardest part of this job was knowing that I was never going anywhere in it because none of us were really respected by head office.
The most enjoyable part about working here was being around people all day and getting to put your own mark on someone's life even if it was with bubble bath and lotion.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
No respect
Fun place to work in, great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara On The Lake12 October 2015
My day at bath and body was fun and exciting. The only reason i left the job was because i received an offer at Paragon security which offered me better income. i would have loved to stay there everyone got along and were super happy all the time even management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no hours
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 November 2012
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships.
Cons
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 May 2012
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
Pros
fun lively environment
Cons
potent room sprays in small rooms.
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON19 August 2015
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Pros
Many given hours
Cons
too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2015
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Short shifts
Fun, stable and positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley,BC15 January 2014
I started working here in November as a seasonal employee. During the holidays the store was very busy and there were many employees working each day. My duty was to communicate the deals and sales to each customer as they came into the store as well as uncover what they were in the store for. I then had to communicate over the headset to my co-workers that the customer had or had not been greeted, what they were in for or if they needed to be approached again. I have learned how to work with an extremely large group of people, I also have advanced my cash handling experience and also can now operate a till. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and discussing/promoting our products. The hardest part of the job is keeping the shelves full and the tables organized. The Management at Bath and Body works is stellar and couldn't be better. My employers are happy with my progress and have asked me to stay on as a regular employee.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2016
it was a nice experience and I learned about different types of body lotions and perfumes and what they are made of. Also helping people find what types of things they are looking for
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB2 December 2014
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
the strong scent of the store
Fun, Productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario27 June 2013
A very tight-knit company that pride themselves on their values.
Great place to work, however advancement can be tricky.
Pros
Excellent bonus incentives
Cons
Long hours, only 1 break.
Fun workplace and staff to work with
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2015
Working at Bath & Body Works helps me to learn how to work and handle rapid working environment. The management team is so helpful and patient with thier associates.
Light atmosphere and caring staff
Temporary Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 March 2014
This job (in this location) is great. The staff is wonderful and easy going. Everyone is genuinely happy to see you when you come in for a shift. The management is very well put together and provide the best atmosphere they can for you to work in. The company itself has issues in the way it runs (i.e. things that are not in the control of the specific store). Its shipping is an issue, and some of its rules are strange, but none-the-less, it is enjoyable to work there.
Pros
staff
Cons
product shipping; damaged product rules
Fun store with great music and great customers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2015
Stocking of displays, working through lots of boxes (seasonal delivery rush) helping customers find gifts for loved ones, bonding with coworkers over favourite products, generally a happy but fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much firing and hiring of new staff
Seasonal Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2015
Bath and Body Works has been and continues to be a wonderful place to work. The team is caring a driven and always working together to support each other and meet goals.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 November 2015
Working here is a fun place and the time flies by. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Hours are horrible. The continue to hire new people when they are only giving their current staff 3 hour shifts.
Pros
fun, time goes by fast
Cons
short hours
Fast paced and demanding
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2014
A typical day would consist of unpacking boxes of product and placing it in it's proper cupboard/shelf, uncovering customer's needs as they come into the store and assisting them in finding the right product for them, and cashing customers out. I was slightly unimpressed with the management, as at times they seemed unorganized, (not posting work schedules on time, giving unclear instructions, etc) but they were for the most part pleasant to work with. Working at Bath and Body Works has taught me how to become more friendly and learn how to approach any and all kinds of customers. This job has taught me how to be able to strike up a conversation with literally anyone, since every day I would be required to talk to every customer that walks in, and figure out what they're looking for. This was probably the hardest part for me, as I used to be quite shy, but after working here for a while I came out of my shell and now talking to people is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being put on merch flow. As much as I liked talking to customers, I would much rather prefer working in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Tiring
Amazing positive environment to work in. The staff were friendly and fabulous.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mic Mac Mall Dartmouth NS3 October 2013
Hours were very flexible which is extremely important to me. Spent the day helping customers find what they were looking for, helped with gift suggestions, greeted people as they entered and wished them well as they departed the store. My co-workers were friendly, happy, talkative and a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look of relief on customer's faces when their gift giving concerns were solved. Only wish it were year round rather than just the Christmas season.
Pros
Store discounts, friendly people, confidence builder.
Cons
Seasonal, not enough days.
energetic and positive work environment
floor associate, cashier and inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2015
It is an uplifting environment with helpful staff. Every employee had the opportunity to get trained in all main roles in the store such as cashier, inventory and sales. I learned how to approach customers with a goal of selling while gaining product knowledge. I also learned cashier duty. The awesome co workers I've worked with has to be the greatest part of this job.
Great Company
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Speak to customers
Give hand demos
Stock shelves
up selling behaviors suggest 3 step ritual ie shower gel, cream and perfume
handle Cash transactions

Really learned how to sell utilize product knowledge

Management great
I loved the products and the experience
hours not the best for moms found the nights and weekends difficult
Pros
Free product
Cons
expect to work every Sat
Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BC7 February 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.