Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

It was pretty chill
Stock/Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  WEM Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
i mostly worked 3h shifts if i was lucky.
I did learn how to suck it up with rude customers and learned cash.
Management changed a lot and it didn't feel like they cared about their employees
Co-workers were super chill
rude customers and dealing with this one co-manager was hard
Enjoyable? ehhh work is work
Pros
get to smell good 24/7
Cons
management is bad
Bath & Body Works - Review Georgian Mall
Replenisher/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgian Mall - Barrie27 January 2014
management was really really nice.. shame it was only holiday season work.

30% off on all items + all promotions that were going on.

Typical days were really fast paced & busy.

They had weekly contests.. like guess how many candles the whole bath & body shop franchise sold in an hour.. - close awnser?.. around 95.

Co-Workers were very understanding to a new employee helped out as much as possible very cool calm and collect.

Most enjoyable part of the job is just dealing with happy customers!
Pros
Free candy, food! and they had contests.. made employees more driven
Cons
temporary seasonal work :( woulda loved to stay as a perm PT employee.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
I personally really enjoy working at Bath and Body Works. Everyone is very friendly and they know how to make sure you do not feel unwanted. I enjoy meeting customers and helping them fine products that they are looking for. Its my job as well as all other associates' to make sure that our customers leave the store with a smile on their face.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Not enough hours, pay is low.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2015
I had a great time working here. I had good hours, my co-workers were nice, and the management was good. I would work here again.
Friendly Staff and Fun Sales Challenges
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2016
I recommend Bath and Body Works to anyone looking to brake into retail. Managers ensure that learning sales tactics is a fun experience.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2016
it was a nice experience and I learned about different types of body lotions and perfumes and what they are made of. Also helping people find what types of things they are looking for
Fun place to work in, great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara On The Lake12 October 2015
My day at bath and body was fun and exciting. The only reason i left the job was because i received an offer at Paragon security which offered me better income. i would have loved to stay there everyone got along and were super happy all the time even management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no hours
Good place to learn customer service but very little chance of advancement
High Performance Seller/Cashier/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2015
Typical day consists of helping customers as a primary focus, everything else comes second. Learnt to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. How to manage to deal with multiple customers at the same time. The nicest part is when customers returned and asked for you by name because they enjoyed your service. The most frustrating part is the lack of acknowledgment for your work.
Pros
Great place to learn about Customer Serive
Cons
After 5 years, no advancement options.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON19 August 2015
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Pros
Many given hours
Cons
too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
Great staff&managers, lots of fun, always look forward to working!
ASSOCIATE & MERCHANIDSE FLOW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 March 2014
Typically, I would go in around 10am and prep for delivery and count all the boxes that come in, organizing them to be put on shelves and carts to be taken out for stock. Co-workers would stock & I would help once shipment was accounted for as well as work on the floor, usually at the front where I would greet customers, inform them of our promotions that day, and assist them with finding products or using coupons effectively. There was a lot of heavy lifting involved, but it was good for conquering the fear of falling of a ladder at great distances. Being able to work freely on the floor and move around on the job was certainly my favourite aspect.
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2015
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Short shifts
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 May 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Very Stressfull environment everything from the words you speak to how you dress is by them
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2013
A typical day at work would be selling product and restocking shelves for our customers.
what I learned is that I love making people feel special and seeing people smile.
management here was the worst this company does not respect part-time employees only there management heads.
My co-workers were all around my age or younger and we created bonds within those four walls.
The hardest part of this job was knowing that I was never going anywhere in it because none of us were really respected by head office.
The most enjoyable part about working here was being around people all day and getting to put your own mark on someone's life even if it was with bubble bath and lotion.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
No respect
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 November 2012
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships.
Cons
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 May 2012
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
Pros
fun lively environment
Cons
potent room sprays in small rooms.
Fun, stable and positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley,BC15 January 2014
I started working here in November as a seasonal employee. During the holidays the store was very busy and there were many employees working each day. My duty was to communicate the deals and sales to each customer as they came into the store as well as uncover what they were in the store for. I then had to communicate over the headset to my co-workers that the customer had or had not been greeted, what they were in for or if they needed to be approached again. I have learned how to work with an extremely large group of people, I also have advanced my cash handling experience and also can now operate a till. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and discussing/promoting our products. The hardest part of the job is keeping the shelves full and the tables organized. The Management at Bath and Body works is stellar and couldn't be better. My employers are happy with my progress and have asked me to stay on as a regular employee.
Fun workplace and staff to work with
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2015
Working at Bath & Body Works helps me to learn how to work and handle rapid working environment. The management team is so helpful and patient with thier associates.
Fun store with great music and great customers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2015
Stocking of displays, working through lots of boxes (seasonal delivery rush) helping customers find gifts for loved ones, bonding with coworkers over favourite products, generally a happy but fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much firing and hiring of new staff