Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Poor management, constant gossip, no hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2016
I only receive about one shift every two weeks and it's usually a night shift where we rearrange the floor set. During the Christmas season I helped large amounts of customers in an efficient manner. The store I work in is very poorly managed: there's never a proper schedule and the managers are always gossiping about each other and/or other co-workers among themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the drama. However, I enjoy helping customers in that type of environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2016
it was a nice experience and I learned about different types of body lotions and perfumes and what they are made of. Also helping people find what types of things they are looking for
Great place to work for highschool/college students.
Sales Associate Duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2016
Fun fast paced environment with people that truly care.
Days always go by fast as it is always busy in the restaurants.
Great pay and great benefits.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
I personally really enjoy working at Bath and Body Works. Everyone is very friendly and they know how to make sure you do not feel unwanted. I enjoy meeting customers and helping them fine products that they are looking for. Its my job as well as all other associates' to make sure that our customers leave the store with a smile on their face.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Not enough hours, pay is low.
Seasonal Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2015
Bath and Body Works has been and continues to be a wonderful place to work. The team is caring a driven and always working together to support each other and meet goals.
Fun place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 November 2015
The staff there were all very kind. If you had any questions they were willing to help. It also helped that the product being sold smelled amazing.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 November 2015
Working here is a fun place and the time flies by. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Hours are horrible. The continue to hire new people when they are only giving their current staff 3 hour shifts.
Pros
fun, time goes by fast
Cons
short hours
It was pretty chill
Stock/Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  WEM Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
i mostly worked 3h shifts if i was lucky.
I did learn how to suck it up with rude customers and learned cash.
Management changed a lot and it didn't feel like they cared about their employees
Co-workers were super chill
rude customers and dealing with this one co-manager was hard
Enjoyable? ehhh work is work
Pros
get to smell good 24/7
Cons
management is bad
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
Fun work place, everyone was very nice and "live". I normally had the job of stalking shelves. It was fun and non-stressful. I got to talk to co-workers and customers while doing so and help everyone out. It really was a great experience and was my favourite part of the job. Hardest part in my opinion are the floor sets, where we would change the store layout within a few hours after closing. I did although get to learn more about the store and improved my communication skills which were not that great when i started.
Pros
Easy going work place
Cons
employee discount not included with sale items or already discounted items
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2015
I had a great time working here. I had good hours, my co-workers were nice, and the management was good. I would work here again.

Want to know more about Bath & Body Works?

Ask a question
Fun store with great music and great customers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2015
Stocking of displays, working through lots of boxes (seasonal delivery rush) helping customers find gifts for loved ones, bonding with coworkers over favourite products, generally a happy but fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much firing and hiring of new staff
Fun place to work in, great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara On The Lake12 October 2015
My day at bath and body was fun and exciting. The only reason i left the job was because i received an offer at Paragon security which offered me better income. i would have loved to stay there everyone got along and were super happy all the time even management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no hours
Fun workplace and staff to work with
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2015
Working at Bath & Body Works helps me to learn how to work and handle rapid working environment. The management team is so helpful and patient with thier associates.
Welcoming environment with lots of chances to grow and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2015
Cashier, sales associate, merchandiser. Great work environment, everyone supports each other and acknowledges each others accomplishments.
Helping customers learn to layer the right fragrance for them is fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 September 2015
When you start shift you report to CSL on duty, enquire as to new product and sales and what area of the store you are to cover.
Uncover customers needs and assisting them as needed. If it is in another area of store pass off to another SA.
If you are in Sales, then Customer Service is you main goal. When you are not with customers there is always tidying, pulling product forward, and new information to learn regarding new products.
I learned I love working with people and sharing information that they can use to their benefit. Also loved spending time with all the children that would come into the store.
I got along well with the fellow associates and the management knew me to be a very hard working, dependable employee.
I think the hardest part of the job was realizing that not everyone (customers) is pleasant when they are shopping. I learned not to take it personally.
Pros
Free Product.
Cons
Strong fragrance causing Headache.
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON19 August 2015
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Pros
Many given hours
Cons
too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
energetic and positive work environment
floor associate, cashier and inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2015
It is an uplifting environment with helpful staff. Every employee had the opportunity to get trained in all main roles in the store such as cashier, inventory and sales. I learned how to approach customers with a goal of selling while gaining product knowledge. I also learned cashier duty. The awesome co workers I've worked with has to be the greatest part of this job.
a very healthy and optimistic work environment for myself
Shipment/Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  promenade6 August 2015
a typical day would include myself doing the stock work early morning, stocking up shelves, and assisting customers.

I have learned many things involving how the retail industry works. How to sell better, how to be more interactive with customers, the tips and tricks to being more involved with your workplace.

My management and co-workers were some of the best people I have interacted with and i'm very blessed to say I was a part of their team

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the busy christmas hours, but even so we would always pull it off as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be doing what I love. I have worked all sorts of customer service jobs including the restaurant industry, telemarketing, customer service phone jobs, retail of this sort had to be my favorite work possible.
Pros
very good work environment
Cons
seasonal work
Fun workplace, with great people to work with.
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2015
I learned many valuable skills at Bath and Body works, learning how to work as a team, learning how to help people in a productive way. All of the employees worked greatly together and were always happy to help, whenever and however they could.
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2015
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Short shifts