Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free goodies!
I worked there for seasonal hiring. It was so much fun during the Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales! The majority of the coworkers were seasonal as but some of us built a friendship off of that!
cool fun workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free items
Cons: worked over nights
i would come in go over the sales for that day and wait on the people to come and then i would start my day helping others along with my co workers we would bus the work out and make the sales for that day
Very fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is walking into a fragrant space and learning the chemistry behind what makes the scents appealing to the senses. The customers receive a warm welcome and leave with a reason to come back.
Great summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), aurora,coOctober 10, 2014
perfect for students or anyone looking for part time work. hours are flexible and people are friendly.
fun workplace
Retail/Sales (Former Employee), Easton, PAOctober 8, 2014
worked register stocked shelves and worked on the floor. helping customers find what they need to making shopping for them easy.
Fun atmosphere
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: new products, fun atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours for work.
Working for Bath and Body Works is always fun and with their ever changing products for each season. I consider this store as a specialty/pampering store. Many customers continue to come back for the exceptional products and vibrant customer service.
High volume, lots of product comming in an out, easy job for anyone just need people skills.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: you get a lot of free stuff
Cons: dont get to move up that fast a lot of people get promised lead positions but get skipped.
I was promised lead position 2 times and got skipped for some reason. They don't give you good feed back to know if you need to do better or if your not doing good. They gave my position to a girl that was there less then 30 days after promising me the position. Told me I was training but never was going threw the process. worked my butt off for false – more... promises. lots of turn over only been there since April of this year and went threw 3 store managers. Every time we get a new store manager my hours get messed up an I lose hours. There is just a lot of turn over even with associates and leads. They move people around non-stop kinda just threw me to the sharks when I first started not explaining terms an the way things run. the back isn't very organized so it makes processing shipping harder. – less
Cool But not enouch Hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: co workers, teasting new product, you know whats going to be on sale first, free stuff only to associates
Cons: hours, management (sometimes), people who steal from the store and make a return which can impact your hours
One of the best jobs I have ever worked. The company does a great job with making sure customers ARE FIRST!! I feel good when I can provide awesome service. However, like most companies, BBW pays for their hours. This means if the store is not making enough money for the week or even month, hours can get cut. There has been times I went from 20 hrs – more... a week to 10. This also depeneds on the store. My store was a B level store. Best part of the job were my co workers. – less
The products sell themselves
Sales / Marketing and Display set (Former Employee), Centerville, OHOctober 7, 2014
Multi-tiered customer service
Nice work environment
Willing be flexible will work schedule
Fun and Great time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOOctober 7, 2014
We worked hard, but always had fun. Got to learn lots of new things and croos trained in many areas.
great place to start
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), GAOctober 7, 2014
Fast paced, demanding hours. learned a lot since this was the first retail job.
Wonderful
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 6, 2014
An incredibly fun place to work. The customers were wonderful, especially working seasonally since it gets exceptionally busy. The managers were organized, making it easy to do your job,
Sales associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free stuff
Cons: not enough hours
worked sales on the floor. it was enjoyable. got to meet new people and show off the new stuff that bath and body works got in. the co-workers were nice and the managers were professional.
I LOVED IT
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAOctober 5, 2014
I LOVE THIS JOB, IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. I LOVED THE BACKROOM AND FINDING NEW PRODUCTS WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY
high volume and fast paced
sales (Current Employee), lancasterOctober 4, 2014
a typical day at work is selling and cross selling our product to everyone walking in. ive learned lots about the sales and flow control. management and co workers are like family we work hard and keep control of the store. the hardest part is really nothing . I enjoy a challenge. the most enjoyable part is the fast paced sales.
Great Company
Co-Manager, Retail (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, InOctober 4, 2014
A great company to work for, fun and stress free. Can be pushy with getting customers to buy products. They need to get rid of the conversion metric or at least update it. That takes the fun out of actually helping customers for their needs, and focuses on only helping them to get a sale to make conversion.
fun, interesting and energetic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2014
Fun atmosphere quiet and productive has a very nice staff. Needs more options in the office.
thumbs up management
Sales Associate/ Gift Guide (Former Employee), Clovis, NMOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great deals, gratis opportunities, and management
Cons: discontinued merchandise
I just have to say my managers at Bath and Body Works were the best. I feel that if you have a friendly relationship with your employees it makes for a happier and more functional work place, and they proved me right. Learning new promotions and product were somewhat easy, they made everything easy.
Good People/ Unstable work schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Palatine, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good people, positive environment, good pay, benifits
Cons: short break, "call-ins"
Typical day included "calling in" to see if i was working or not. IF i was, it consisted of being on my feet all day, mingling with customers trying to sell them as much as possible. If you couldn't sell your "SPAH" (Sales per hour) went down and therefor i got put on cash all day everyday. Never really getting a chance to prove myself. I learned how – more... to be more assertive with the customers and learn how to beat around the bush to sell sell sell. My co-workers was okay, kind of clique-y, but nice. Everyone i started with pretty much left and moved on. Bath and Body works is kind of demanding. The hardest part was the "call-in", it was always up in the air and making plans on possible days off or late shifts, was incredibly difficult. Enjoyable part did exist, the environment was always happy. always. i did enjoy going into work. So in summary: Good people, good pay, good environment, bad hours. – less
Typical mall/retail industry
Store Manager (Former Employee), MontanaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: employee discount to limited brands
Cons: store managers are on salary & not paid for overtime work
Requires fast-paced register functions and cash handling to keep up with customers during peak hours and holiday seasons. Associate shifts are typically short, and turnover is extremely high. Corporate outlines very specific standard procedure for most situations. Little to no training for upper management.

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos