Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2017
Working there was great, it was an easy fun job. The People there were friendly and outgoing which are the kind of people everyone loves to work with. If it wasn't busy i would make the store look nice with putting more stock out, cleaning the the shelves, and making sure all the products are facing forward so people can see which is which.
Pros
Out going people
Cons
Not getting all the products we needed in on time
Great Workplace
Selling Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2017
It's a pretty cool job, you get to walk around when it's not busy and smell/try everything. My managers/colleagues were all beyond friendly.
Good team members, bad managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
The managers don't care about your personal life and there is not a good life/work balance. But the other sales associates are great and great to get along with. Only one 30 minute break after working 3 hours, so if you work 8 hours you only get one 30 minute break which got a lot of the girls sick at the end of the day.
Cons
Work/Life balance
Fun job and good company
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 February 2017
The company shows that they care about staff and customers. I enjoyed my time here and honestly had a very fun and educational time with this company.
bright, colorful and smells great!
Brand Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2017
Great training and engaging atmosphere. Always challenged and rewarded for time invested. A great place if you like high energy and constant changing product environment. Time management skills are a high priority and wonderful to see executed so well.
Pros
bright, colorful fun atmosphere
Cons
floor sets and marketing were never reliable, Marketing came late, or last minute, leaving little time to prep
Working at Bath and Body works was definitely a great opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Bath and Body Works, the workers helped me learn how to work in retail and cash. Although they did over hire this season, and my hours got cut back more then I had wished/ But overall I really enjoyed working with the company
Pros
Hour Break
Cons
Did not get a break if you didn't have more then a 5 hour shift
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 January 2017
Enjoyed the atmosphere, staff, products, and being there.

Worked seasonal so it was busy, but well organized.

Generally, able to work around your availability.
Pros
Seeing new products
Cons
Being one of the oldest staff
enjoyed my employment and products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
enjoyed every day at work no hard parts when you enjoy your job. learning new products constantly greeting customers and explaining our products is fun, learned customer service skills and product knowledge. management was helpful and supportive making sure displays were neat and tidy staff is friendly and work together as a team. most enjoyable part of my job is great products and wanting to personally use them myself
Pros
love the products
Cons
didnt have enough products
Typical minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 January 2017
I only worked there as a seasonal hire. The staff was friendly and very helpful. As a team we got along very well. The products and the atmosphere were good. However, they hired a lot of us which meant that we didn't get a lot of hours unless it was a busy time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Headache from all of the scents
Great place to work if you love meeting new people and love the products
SEASONAL CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
a typical day at work was great, I learned how to interact and engage with customers. Learned about the products. Standing on your feet for log periods of time was tough, but it was a great environment.
Pros
meeting new people, products, discounts
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods of time
Alright but not for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
I found that if you work here you have to be 110% about the company which is hard when you start off with little to no information and the managers not patient enough to help.
Not good enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
I have worked in retail for more than a decade. This has been the worst place I have ever worked for. I understand that the regular staff is supposed to get first dibs on shifts but getting 3 hour shifts is not worth it for the wages. There was virtually no training. I had to find time to learn about every product and what their scents were. The management team offered no PK training. The only thing people were truly trained on was till.

I was also scolded for helping customers too much. I was helping "herd the lines" (their words, not mine) and while I was helping answer a question from a customer, someone cut the line. I then got in trouble for "letting" the man cut the line while I was helping the customer.

They don't listen to your availability either.
Cons
Not enough hours, call-ins suck, horrible management
Very organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2017
Everyone had a specific post that varied day to day, depending on who was working and they would be responsible for floor plans and goals that everybody took part in. I learned that in an environment like so, we all depend on each other to ensure perfect communication and that everyone is getting the same message. To speed up tasks, on slow hours, co-workers would help you.

To be quite honest the hardest part may be the products that we sell that are no longer available to customers that brings disappointment. However, that doesn't mean they leave unsatisfied that's where my position offers a similarity to what they are searching for.
Pros
rewards, discounts, outtings
Cons
cleaning up glitter
Fun people but crazy environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2017
They provided adequate training to work comfortably off the bat, but not enough hours were given to what was expected. Very inclusive and friendly staff, but strict dress code.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2017
great staff, management, company and amazing place to work..
enjoyable, understanding people, good money.
only downside was my position was seasonal.. wish i could have stayed.
Pros
discount
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 January 2017
The people I worked with were very kind and all in all, it was a good place to be. You made friends quickly. It also smells really great in there
If you are sensitive to smell you may not enjoy working there
Long shifts you can start to feel your nose plugging after 6 hrs
Great place
Cashier, Helping (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 January 2017
I learned how to work with people and enjoy time, my co-workers were great I Made great friends.
Management sucked they couldn't keep things together and always were on different pages with each other.
I loved the people and the job everyone was happy and all having a good time.
Pros
People and just the job
Cons
Exciting workplace and environment with great people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
I learned a lot when I worked at BBW. The people that I work with are great. They are great examples. I enjoy working with other people and customers.
Pros
30% off of company products
n/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bath and body very much as well coworkers were amazing, we all got along very well. The only down side was due to poor management schedules were always a mess, there were multiple occasions when it would say I was off on my schedule and I would cover some one else's shift and get a call from my manger asking me where I was it was the biggest down side. because it was not my fault but it would be made out to be my fault other then that it is an amazing company to work for. but at the end of the day I enjoyed helping the customers and they really do appreciate when some one takes the time to help find what they were looking for.
Too much for, not enough pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Literally too much work for the amount of work they! Worked seasonal and got paid minimum wage which was not enough for the amount of work they had their seasonal staff do. They also hired way too many people and promised good amount of hours, which never happened

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.