Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Bath and Body is a triple A in my books.
Full Time Capability Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 June 2014
I worked here for two years and my manager was inspiring, compassionate, sympathetic and strong! He was always looking out for his team and inspired me to work hard to pay hard. He was completely transparent with me that if I did what I could to succeed I would advance and reap the benefits. The salary was fair although I took a pay cut to work here. The team we had was also wonderful, full of talent and strong individuals ready to show off there stuff.
Review
Cashier/Merchandiser/Support/Sales Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 June 2016
- all selling purpose
- commutation, multi-tasking
- mean managers
- nice co-workers
- cash is the best part
a very healthy and optimistic work environment for myself
Shipment/Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  promenade6 August 2015
a typical day would include myself doing the stock work early morning, stocking up shelves, and assisting customers.

I have learned many things involving how the retail industry works. How to sell better, how to be more interactive with customers, the tips and tricks to being more involved with your workplace.

My management and co-workers were some of the best people I have interacted with and i'm very blessed to say I was a part of their team

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the busy christmas hours, but even so we would always pull it off as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be doing what I love. I have worked all sorts of customer service jobs including the restaurant industry, telemarketing, customer service phone jobs, retail of this sort had to be my favorite work possible.
Pros
very good work environment
Cons
seasonal work
friendly, welcoming, refreshing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 March 2016
Working at Bath and Body works was a great refresher away from fast food. The way things were ran there were so much different than my other job as things seemed to be more organized. All of the managers were approachable and each and every employee treated me like family instantly. If I was able to stay, or asked to stay passed my seasonal employment I would have for sure.
Pros
Friendly, kind coworkers and customers
Cons
hours were hard to work with because of school
Wish i applied sooner!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2016
love it! Such a great place to work! I applied as christmas help and have since then continued to grow! :) Most enjoyable is the family feeling and how well everyone works together.
Pros
Your managers listen to you and give you great things to work on
Cons
the online system messes up sometime when you put w=in when you are available.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2016
Merchandising and restocking product.
Learned how to merchandise, cash handle, cashier and how to approach customers.
Co-workers make the workplace much more enjoyable.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Short shifts
It was pretty chill
Stock/Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  WEM Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
i mostly worked 3h shifts if i was lucky.
I did learn how to suck it up with rude customers and learned cash.
Management changed a lot and it didn't feel like they cared about their employees
Co-workers were super chill
rude customers and dealing with this one co-manager was hard
Enjoyable? ehhh work is work
Pros
get to smell good 24/7
Cons
management is bad
Great place to work for highschool/college students.
Sales Associate Duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2016
Fun fast paced environment with people that truly care.
Days always go by fast as it is always busy in the restaurants.
Great pay and great benefits.
Commission job
Cashier, Sales lead, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 May 2016
Fun loved my co workers. Commission and sales per hour. Work here if you are willing to have knowledge about product within the store.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 May 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Very Stressfull environment everything from the words you speak to how you dress is by them
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2013
A typical day at work would be selling product and restocking shelves for our customers.
what I learned is that I love making people feel special and seeing people smile.
management here was the worst this company does not respect part-time employees only there management heads.
My co-workers were all around my age or younger and we created bonds within those four walls.
The hardest part of this job was knowing that I was never going anywhere in it because none of us were really respected by head office.
The most enjoyable part about working here was being around people all day and getting to put your own mark on someone's life even if it was with bubble bath and lotion.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
No respect
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Great staff&managers, lots of fun, always look forward to working!
ASSOCIATE & MERCHANIDSE FLOW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 March 2014
Typically, I would go in around 10am and prep for delivery and count all the boxes that come in, organizing them to be put on shelves and carts to be taken out for stock. Co-workers would stock & I would help once shipment was accounted for as well as work on the floor, usually at the front where I would greet customers, inform them of our promotions that day, and assist them with finding products or using coupons effectively. There was a lot of heavy lifting involved, but it was good for conquering the fear of falling of a ladder at great distances. Being able to work freely on the floor and move around on the job was certainly my favourite aspect.
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 May 2012
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
Pros
fun lively environment
Cons
potent room sprays in small rooms.
Fun, stable and positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley,BC15 January 2014
I started working here in November as a seasonal employee. During the holidays the store was very busy and there were many employees working each day. My duty was to communicate the deals and sales to each customer as they came into the store as well as uncover what they were in the store for. I then had to communicate over the headset to my co-workers that the customer had or had not been greeted, what they were in for or if they needed to be approached again. I have learned how to work with an extremely large group of people, I also have advanced my cash handling experience and also can now operate a till. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and discussing/promoting our products. The hardest part of the job is keeping the shelves full and the tables organized. The Management at Bath and Body works is stellar and couldn't be better. My employers are happy with my progress and have asked me to stay on as a regular employee.
Good place to learn customer service but very little chance of advancement
High Performance Seller/Cashier/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2015
Typical day consists of helping customers as a primary focus, everything else comes second. Learnt to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. How to manage to deal with multiple customers at the same time. The nicest part is when customers returned and asked for you by name because they enjoyed your service. The most frustrating part is the lack of acknowledgment for your work.
Pros
Great place to learn about Customer Serive
Cons
After 5 years, no advancement options.
hard working job
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Assist in achieving sales by personally assisting customers in selection and purchase of merchandise and demonstrate products.
Help establish positive repeat customer’s relationship by adhering to corporate goals and policies and procedures.
Knowledge of cash and debit/credit transactions
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 March 2016
one of the supervisor's was not good to work with, hours were strange, but the job itself was fun and enjoyable. learned a lot about customer service, sometimes it would be dead and there wouldnt be anything to do but on weekends it was extremely busy.
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  100 city centre drive9 December 2012
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Pros
core values and inclusion
Cons
no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

83%