Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Fun people but crazy environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2017
They provided adequate training to work comfortably off the bat, but not enough hours were given to what was expected. Very inclusive and friendly staff, but strict dress code.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not enough hours
Environnement de travail très agréable et collègues excellents
Associère saisonnière (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC12 January 2017
Mes collègues étaient très gentils et toujours prêts à répondre à mes questions lors de ma formation. Le lieu de travail était très agréable et confortable. Il y a toutefois eu un manque de professionnalisme de la part de la gérante qui a pris la place de celle qui m'a engagée. Les caisses étaient faciles à comprendre et à opérer.
Pros
Rabais, collègues, lieu de travail
Amazing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2017
great staff, management, company and amazing place to work..
enjoyable, understanding people, good money.
only downside was my position was seasonal.. wish i could have stayed.
Pros
discount
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 January 2017
The people I worked with were very kind and all in all, it was a good place to be. You made friends quickly. It also smells really great in there
If you are sensitive to smell you may not enjoy working there
Long shifts you can start to feel your nose plugging after 6 hrs
Great place
Cashier, Helping (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 January 2017
I learned how to work with people and enjoy time, my co-workers were great I Made great friends.
Management sucked they couldn't keep things together and always were on different pages with each other.
I loved the people and the job everyone was happy and all having a good time.
Pros
People and just the job
Cons
Exciting workplace and environment with great people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
I learned a lot when I worked at BBW. The people that I work with are great. They are great examples. I enjoy working with other people and customers.
Pros
30% off of company products
n/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bath and body very much as well coworkers were amazing, we all got along very well. The only down side was due to poor management schedules were always a mess, there were multiple occasions when it would say I was off on my schedule and I would cover some one else's shift and get a call from my manger asking me where I was it was the biggest down side. because it was not my fault but it would be made out to be my fault other then that it is an amazing company to work for. but at the end of the day I enjoyed helping the customers and they really do appreciate when some one takes the time to help find what they were looking for.
Too much for, not enough pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Literally too much work for the amount of work they! Worked seasonal and got paid minimum wage which was not enough for the amount of work they had their seasonal staff do. They also hired way too many people and promised good amount of hours, which never happened
productive and great learning
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 December 2016
I loved gaining new experiences in retail as a sales associate. I always came into work with a smile knowing the staff is so cheerful and happy. Always in a good mood
Work was Good
Sales associate and merchandising crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
The store was very busy most of the time, co workers were great. Not getting any coffee breaks on an 8 hour shift wasn't ideal. Working night shift ended up being the hardest part of the job.
Fun,quick paced workplace/
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
It smells great and all the coworkers and managers at my store are very nice. The work can get crazy busy sometimes but that makes it even more fun.
Pros
Gratis, Fun Co Workers
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Productive and cultured place to work
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
A typical day working at Bath and Body Works would be described as very fast paced with lots of customers. My co-workers were wonderful and fun to be around and my managers were reasonable and hard working. I learned how to deal with people and help them find exactly what they are looking for, as well as I learned how to run a cash register and re-stock shelves as orderly as possible. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the tasks I had when the store got busy, however it was manageable and I worked hard through it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling you get when you do something perfectly and being around wonderful co-workers that treat you like family.
bath and body
co manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
was a great company to work for. management was great and so was the people we had working for us.........................
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 November 2016
This was my first work experience ever and in my opinion it was a good experience. I learnt how to work at a cash register, properly assist costumers, how to close up the store after hours, and learnt cool things about the products and how to stock them. Overall, this experience taught me communication skills and how to handle money and a cash register.
Pros
Was a fun experience, learnt new things and met new people, got to sell products, products smelt good
Cons
Long hours spent standing, crowded store on holiday season, a lot of costumers and some angry ones
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 November 2016
loved loved this job and all my co-workers!!! (SUE) amazing people and ver y kind ,sad I had to leave due to schooling, and moving. However if the chance came I would work their again,.
Fun and Customer Friendly
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Road Mall28 September 2016
- Assist customers with products
- scheduling, financial planning, budgeting
- answering customers questions and dealing with complaints
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper Managment
Productive workplace with very strict management and corporate members
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2016
I had a lot of fun at this job, learned a lot and met a lot of great people. No real problems overall, but the only issues I had was their rule against having tattoos.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Learning Opportunities, Fun Environment, Great Hours
Cons
Rules Against Tattoos
not friendly
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  erin mills8 September 2016
very not understanding, my dog got sick and they told me to stop taking excuses, i also got into a hit and run in the parking lot someone behind me hit my car and i had neck pain but still went into my shift and they told me i shouldnt be late next time.
Great place to work!
CUSTOMER SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2016
Great place to work. Fun company who provide some incentives to do well. Very easy going management teams, fun co workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having managers who challenged me often and eventually pushed me enough to be in retail management! very valuable.
Easy going and welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
Being my first retail job I didn't know what to expect but working at Bath & Body Works has opened my eyes to the dedication it takes in order to make sure everyone feels welcome. Also, I found that it was very easy to learn things from other co-workers and managers as they were all kind and understanding of things.
Pros
Deducted price of products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.