Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Free gift bags with Bath & Body Works products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 May 2015
A typical day at Bath & Body Works would include re-stocking shelves, greeting and saying goodbye to customers and performing cash transactions.

I learned many computer skills with their computer programs while working at the cash counter that will benefit me in future jobs to come.

The management was always involved and out on the floor helping out with all customers needs and assisting any questions that employees may have needed help with.

The co-workers were friendly and were always open and ready to help their co-workers with anything they did not know or understand yet.

The hardest part of the job at Bath & Body Works was working long hours standing at the front of the store and I was not wearing proper shoes to be standing for long periods of time, so I soon learned my lesson and bought a sensible pair of shoes.

They most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist the customer with all their needs and wants that they came to the store looking for and doing your best to give them an overall great customer experience from when they walk in the door until they leave the store.
Pros
Co-workers and management were all very open and ready to help
Cons
Long hours standing
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2015
The people I work with are really nice, also the customers. I've gained lots of skills working there. The environment is always nice and clean. Everything is organized. I am now capable of dealing with transactions and offer great customer service. I'm always looking forward to improve myself and gain more experience in order to improve my performance at work.
Pros
Very organized. Smells good and it's clean. The employees are very friendly and helpful.
Good place to learn customer service but very little chance of advancement
High Performance Seller/Cashier/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2015
Typical day consists of helping customers as a primary focus, everything else comes second. Learnt to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. How to manage to deal with multiple customers at the same time. The nicest part is when customers returned and asked for you by name because they enjoyed your service. The most frustrating part is the lack of acknowledgment for your work.
Pros
Great place to learn about Customer Serive
Cons
After 5 years, no advancement options.
bath and ody works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmonton14 April 2015
noo balance with school work and personal life. hated stocking. also management is not good. too many new people. i would reccommend it go everyone
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Cashier Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 April 2015
Working at Bath and Body Works taught me a lot. I learned how to work in a face pace environment. I learned how to deal with customers and also made sure they were always satisfied.
Pros
The wonderful environment
Cons
The register system wasn't the most efficient
productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON10 April 2015
very fast paced
learned lots of cash handling and selling techniques
management is great to work with
permanent co-workers are great to work with
hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough for the things associates do
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others in finding what they love
Great Company
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Speak to customers
Give hand demos
Stock shelves
up selling behaviors suggest 3 step ritual ie shower gel, cream and perfume
handle Cash transactions

Really learned how to sell utilize product knowledge

Management great
I loved the products and the experience
hours not the best for moms found the nights and weekends difficult
Pros
Free product
Cons
expect to work every Sat
Ok place to work as a student.
Cashier, Customer Service, Merchandise Flow (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2015
They only hire part-time workers and there is very little room for advancement (they usually bring in a new hire or someone from another store rather then promote someone in the current location). I had a lot of different positions in the store but never got a pay raise for the extra work and responsibilities. I worked with a lot of fun and nice people.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
No room for advancement, pay dosen't really improve.
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Efficient sales and connections with customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2015
Lots of interaction and care must be paid to the customers, as that is a massive part of the job
Important to maintain returning customers and to help customers find exactly what they are looking for
Great Values and Great People
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2015
Being a part time manager gave me much experience in remaining close to the employees but still learning about management and responsibility in retail. Left me with confidence and a great network.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
challanging and fast paced
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 February 2015
An always changing work environment that enables you to learn new skills in a variety of areas including; time management, customer service, multi tasking, loss prevention, efficient inventory control, team building and management. You have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of great people and great customers.
Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BC7 February 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB2 December 2014
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
the strong scent of the store
A really accommodating workplace with very supportive managers and coworkers!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2014
A typical day at work involves circulating between working at the cash, assisting customers on the floor and stocking merchandise. I have learned a lot about effective selling methods, and the company values. I have 3 managers so there's never an issue with receiving opportunities for guidance and development, and there's always someone there when I have a problem. What's really enjoyable about my job is interacting with the customers and the people I work with!
Pros
Flexible and Accommodating
Cons
I can't think of any!
Working with Bath And Body Works
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 September 2014
I was a seasonal sales associate. I would assist on cash, displays and customer service
Good work environment, very busy, smells good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 August 2014
It was enjoyable, staff was friendly and funny. Sometimes the managers would ask us to bother the customers too much with products, which I personally didn't like to do because I know that customers don't like sales associates pressuring them into buying things they don't want/need.
Productive and hardworking workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2014
I learned to use my time management and organizing skills while working at Bath and Body Works. I enjoyed helping customers, as well as my fellow employees. I felt that I was best at replenishment and stock of the store because of my quick pace and wanting to be neat. My coworkers were great, and always ready to help when needed. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2014
A fun environment with well selected employees. However, management is poorly selected.