Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BCFebruary 7, 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABDecember 2, 2014
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
the strong scent of the store
A really accommodating workplace with very supportive managers and coworkers!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves circulating between working at the cash, assisting customers on the floor and stocking merchandise. I have learned a lot about effective selling methods, and the company values. I have 3 managers so there's never an issue with receiving opportunities for guidance and development, and there's always someone there when I have a problem. What's really enjoyable about my job is interacting with the customers and the people I work with!
Pros
flexible and accommodating
Cons
i can't think of any!
Working with Bath And Body Works
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 13, 2014
I was a seasonal sales associate. I would assist on cash, displays and customer service
Good work environment, very busy, smells good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 7, 2014
It was enjoyable, staff was friendly and funny. Sometimes the managers would ask us to bother the customers too much with products, which I personally didn't like to do because I know that customers don't like sales associates pressuring them into buying things they don't want/need.
Productive and hardworking workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2014
I learned to use my time management and organizing skills while working at Bath and Body Works. I enjoyed helping customers, as well as my fellow employees. I felt that I was best at replenishment and stock of the store because of my quick pace and wanting to be neat. My coworkers were great, and always ready to help when needed. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2014
A fun environment with well selected employees. However, management is poorly selected.
Bath and Body is a triple A in my books.
Full Time Capability Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 9, 2014
I worked here for two years and my manager was inspiring, compassionate, sympathetic and strong! He was always looking out for his team and inspired me to work hard to pay hard. He was completely transparent with me that if I did what I could to succeed I would advance and reap the benefits. The salary was fair although I took a pay cut to work here. The team we had was also wonderful, full of talent and strong individuals ready to show off there stuff.
A fun smelling place to work with lots of colour
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 29, 2014
Working at bath and body was a fun experience I met lots of nice people and got to learn many interesting things about lots of difference fragrances candles and hygene. The breaks were great and the pay was good. There was nothing hard about the job. and I enjoyed every day when I was at work.
Pros
the environment
Cons
needs longer hours
Fast paced environment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
It was fun working at Bath and Body Works, I met a lot of great people, sold a good amount of merchandise and smelled a lot of great scents.
Pros
great merchandise
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 1, 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Light and over all an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working a bath and body works.
I was only part time however I still learnt a lot from work there, traits like: customer service, memorizing product, cash and merchandise flow.
Usually I work out on the floor with customers selling the product, all the co-workers work together to make the day enjoyable and fun. We are always laughing and having a good time while still staying on task with the daily requirements given by our store manager.
Great management support and enthusiasm
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 6, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Bath and Body Works. The management team were fantastic and made the environment positive and motivating.
Fast paced and demanding
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 4, 2014
A typical day would consist of unpacking boxes of product and placing it in it's proper cupboard/shelf, uncovering customer's needs as they come into the store and assisting them in finding the right product for them, and cashing customers out. I was slightly unimpressed with the management, as at times they seemed unorganized, (not posting work schedules on time, giving unclear instructions, etc) but they were for the most part pleasant to work with. Working at Bath and Body Works has taught me how to become more friendly and learn how to approach any and all kinds of customers. This job has taught me how to be able to strike up a conversation with literally anyone, since every day I would be required to talk to every customer that walks in, and figure out what they're looking for. This was probably the hardest part for me, as I used to be quite shy, but after working here for a while I came out of my shell and now talking to people is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being put on merch flow. As much as I liked talking to customers, I would much rather prefer working in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
tiring
Productive and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
Bath and Body Works is work but it is also fun. I enjoy everyday the people I work with and I am consistently learning new things about all things including the people I work, the products, the customer needs and wants and about the logistics of the business.
Pros
hard work, interaction, great benefits
Cons
hard work, paper work, weekend work
Light atmosphere and caring staff
Temporary Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 9, 2014
This job (in this location) is great. The staff is wonderful and easy going. Everyone is genuinely happy to see you when you come in for a shift. The management is very well put together and provide the best atmosphere they can for you to work in. The company itself has issues in the way it runs (i.e. things that are not in the control of the specific store). Its shipping is an issue, and some of its rules are strange, but none-the-less, it is enjoyable to work there.
Pros
staff
Cons
product shipping; damaged product rules
Great staff&managers, lots of fun, always look forward to working!
ASSOCIATE & MERCHANIDSE FLOW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 2, 2014
Typically, I would go in around 10am and prep for delivery and count all the boxes that come in, organizing them to be put on shelves and carts to be taken out for stock. Co-workers would stock & I would help once shipment was accounted for as well as work on the floor, usually at the front where I would greet customers, inform them of our promotions that day, and assist them with finding products or using coupons effectively. There was a lot of heavy lifting involved, but it was good for conquering the fear of falling of a ladder at great distances. Being able to work freely on the floor and move around on the job was certainly my favourite aspect.
fast pace and fun
CO-MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2014
great place to work if you love customer service

hardest part keeping your store clean and fully stocked
bath and body works
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
enjoyed my co workers , enjoyed greeting customers and helping them with their shopping needs.
Very Fun and Team Work orientated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Bath and Body is a great place to work if you love being yourself in a friendly environment.
Pros
free to wear piercings and tattoos are allowed
Cons
hours vary