Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Busy workplace but exciting environment to be a part of
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2017
Bath and Body Works is a very fun and exciting workplace to be a part of and you're constantly surrounded by happy and enthusiastic people which is what makes it so enjoyable. However, advancement opportunities are not very present until a manager favors one employee among the rest which does not give a fair chance for everyone else. Also, the pay was at the minimum until you do something about it like request a higher pay. If they don't appreciate what you do for the store, you won't get a raise.
Pros
Happy environment, great product
Cons
Wage, advancement opportunities
Great workplace:)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
I love working at Bath & Body Works, however, the store rarely provides shifts longer than 3 hours to the Sales Associates. The lack of longer shifts has caused many Associates to leave, as they would come in 5 times a week, to only work a total of 15 hours a week.
Sales driven, no thought for anyone under management
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 June 2017
All they care about is numbers, from how many email addresses you can collect in a day to how many candles you can sell. The wants and needs of employees are not considered or cared for.
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 June 2017
-Meeting nice people, helping them find everything they came to find.
-Learned more about the products carried in Bath&Body Works
-Management is amazing & kind.
-Everyone is nice an accepting.
-Not many hours.
-Meeting everyone and helping customers experience a great shopping trip.
Fun environment and great team!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
Great team work in place with this company. They are very easy to work with and are very understanding. Super fun environment and very organized work place.
Pros
Team
Cons
Short hours
Not a bad place to work if you look like everyone else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2017
Their grooming standards are extremely strict, and their management staff sometimes come off a tad unprofessional, but other than that it's a pretty good job.
Pros
Free stuff each month, discount
Cons
Stuck up management
productive environment
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 June 2017
I learned to work in retail and be more of a team player. i also did alot of stock work which gave me an interest in more labor based jobs. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people all day
Fun work enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2017
I day at work includes strong customer service, ability to book sales and make demos for the clients, you need to be self-confident and have ability to speak confidently about our products.

I've learned to approach customers needs and expectations, to look forward of what they need or at looking at the store. We have a great team environment, it have helped me to develop confidence and great communication with clients and my team, know more about Canada work environment.

I love to work here, help people, look at their faces when they buy or products, and be able to help them.

The hardest part I would say is the night shift and long hours standing and carrying products on displays, but I love to be busy and doing something (might be minimal) for others.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Is not full time work
Amazing learning experience
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
I loved working for BBW. I had the best staff and I got fair hours to complete tasks. very organized structural company.
turn over is higher then id like with store managers so growth is limited for mysef with high turn over.
Fun workplace but non stop work strict vibe
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
the job tracks your sales but you are not given commission. Your gratis is cheap and it's a strict environment. They are expecting you to work full pace nonstop.

Want to know more about Bath & Body Works?

Ask a question
Fun and easy going
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Nice environment to be in
Fast paced and easy going
Lovely workers
Reliable workers
Energetic environment
Great customer service
Friendly environment
fun, lovin and caring environment
Sales lead/capability manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 May 2017
We have fun while providing excellent customer service
Management is always there to provide a sense of security
Respect in between workers
Managers doors are always open for associatrs
Pros
amazing oportunity to grow
Cons
only 30 minute not paid break for a 9 hours day
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 May 2017
-Nice coworkers
-Nice management
-Fun working environment
-Working with products that I actually enjoy was interesting
-Busy environment which made the shifts go by fairly quickly
Cons
"on-call shifts" at seasonal time
lovely work group
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
As a Shipment processor I would come in around 9pm and leave anywhere between 12am and 6am. This was solely a seasonal job over the christmas. Co-workers and manager where very friendly. I did work the Day shift a few times and help with sales. This group where not as fun to work with and day manager not as kind. I dealt with sorting boxes in offsite and back storage, stocking shelves, and unpacking shipments.
Pros
friendly night shift
Cons
not so friendly day shift
Nice environment, good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
As a retail job, I was mostly confronting people and asking if they needed help. Other times I would be put on stock and had to fill the displays with product, which to me was a very calm activity. At the end of the day, you're either the person closing the till or sweeping and moping the floor. I made quite a few friends with my coworkers, they were all very nice. Most of the workers were girls but there was also a few boys. As my first retail job, I learned mostly how to sell products. The hardest part of the job was wearing a microphone and ear piece thing over the ear; was not comfortable, that's all I have to say. On the other hand, bath and body works has many good smelling products so you'll always walk out smelling like a flower (got noticed every time someone would come to pick me up from a shift).
Cons
sometimes boring
Upbeat environment, Friendly staff, Flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 May 2017
The costumers there are mostly friendly and east to work with, you may get the odd grumpy ones. Management is great, young but professional. Easy to work with, they make you feel comfortable and part of the team right away. Although during holidays the hours are great but the rest of the year is kinda rough. Overall, the staff is great, environment is upbeat and fun, and they are flexible with schooling.
Pros
Free gifts and 30% off
Cons
Short hours sometimes
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 May 2017
I loved the people I worked with and had a positive experience being a high performance seller when the program first was put in place. I wish there was more constancy with the shifts and hours, however they have a lot of people to schedule around.
Decent workplace with good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
gave good experience working with people of all ages, races, religions, etc. Fair pay, not fair amount of shifts weekly, short shifts. friendly coworkers
Pros
coworkers and experience
Cons
lack of hours
fun workplace
Seasonal sales rep (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2017
Overall it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot of costumer service skills that I will need to use in the future. The staff there were a great group of people to work with and made my overall experience there a good one.
Happy place, very positive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2017
No need of multitasking. there is a high level of communication with the team and managers, safe place to talks and to exchange ideas. Not a lot to do all the time, but can be very busy and stressful during holidays. Need to be vigilant with the customers, not always nice or respectful exchange. Need to be patient and calm in all times.
Pros
good environment, happy and fun, nice products, good customer service strategies
Cons
no guarantee of permanent job, lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.