Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Short shifts
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
Encouraging and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 2, 2013
Bath and Body Works is a fantastic place to work. You can tell that they really value and care about their employees. They work hard at trying to encourage you to do that best that you can, not only for the store, but for yourself.
Pros
pay raise every year, free lunches for employees sometimes
Cons
no one calls you to tell you that there has been a change in a previoulsy posted scedule, one in which you did not have a shift on a particular day, but suddenly do now.
energetic and positive work environment
floor associate, cashier and inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
It is an uplifting environment with helpful staff. Every employee had the opportunity to get trained in all main roles in the store such as cashier, inventory and sales. I learned how to approach customers with a goal of selling while gaining product knowledge. I also learned cashier duty. The awesome co workers I've worked with has to be the greatest part of this job.
Bath & Body Works - Review Georgian Mall
Replenisher/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgian Mall - BarrieJanuary 27, 2014
management was really really nice.. shame it was only holiday season work.

30% off on all items + all promotions that were going on.

Typical days were really fast paced & busy.

They had weekly contests.. like guess how many candles the whole bath & body shop franchise sold in an hour.. - close awnser?.. around 95.

Co-Workers were very understanding to a new employee helped out as much as possible very cool calm and collect.

Most enjoyable part of the job is just dealing with happy customers!
Pros
free candy, food! and they had contests.. made employees more driven
Cons
temporary seasonal work :( woulda loved to stay as a perm pt employee.
Working at bath & body guards is a good experience, i just need more hours and like to work hard.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  kelownaOctober 13, 2013
Working at bath & body works is a fun busy place, always doing something, always products ready to be put out on the floor. I am stock maintence, when shipment comes in I un box it and put it in the under stocks , if stock is getting low on the floor it is my job to make sure everything is full, I also greet and help people when they come in, making them feel welcomed and letting them know about our sales. The management at bath and body works is awesome, there always being positive and helping you when needed, I always get a good vibe from them and makes the long hours well worth it in the end.
productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2015
very fast paced
learned lots of cash handling and selling techniques
management is great to work with
permanent co-workers are great to work with
hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough for the things associates do
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others in finding what they love
Welcoming environment with lots of chances to grow and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Cashier, sales associate, merchandiser. Great work environment, everyone supports each other and acknowledges each others accomplishments.
Great Company
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Speak to customers
Give hand demos
Stock shelves
up selling behaviors suggest 3 step ritual ie shower gel, cream and perfume
handle Cash transactions

Really learned how to sell utilize product knowledge

Management great
I loved the products and the experience
hours not the best for moms found the nights and weekends difficult
Pros
Free product
Cons
expect to work every Sat
Bath and Body is a triple A in my books.
Full Time Capability Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 9, 2014
I worked here for two years and my manager was inspiring, compassionate, sympathetic and strong! He was always looking out for his team and inspired me to work hard to pay hard. He was completely transparent with me that if I did what I could to succeed I would advance and reap the benefits. The salary was fair although I took a pay cut to work here. The team we had was also wonderful, full of talent and strong individuals ready to show off there stuff.
Fun workplace, with great people to work with.
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2015
I learned many valuable skills at Bath and Body works, learning how to work as a team, learning how to help people in a productive way. All of the employees worked greatly together and were always happy to help, whenever and however they could.
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABDecember 2, 2014
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
the strong scent of the store
bath and ody works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmontonApril 14, 2015
noo balance with school work and personal life. hated stocking. also management is not good. too many new people. i would reccommend it go everyone
Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BCFebruary 7, 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.
Great Values and Great People
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Being a part time manager gave me much experience in remaining close to the employees but still learning about management and responsibility in retail. Left me with confidence and a great network.
challanging and fast paced
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 19, 2015
An always changing work environment that enables you to learn new skills in a variety of areas including; time management, customer service, multi tasking, loss prevention, efficient inventory control, team building and management. You have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of great people and great customers.
Productive, Fun Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2015
great experience with a fun work orientated team. Working at bath and body works allows you to build relationships with your team and learn product knowledge. Very fast pace and allows you to be independent and gain hands on experience.
Great and friendly customers who keep coming back and great diverse atmosphere to be apart of.
Pros
Close relationships, Great teams, lots of potlucks.
Cons
Shift Fluctuate
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 1, 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
The people I work with are really nice, also the customers. I've gained lots of skills working there. The environment is always nice and clean. Everything is organized. I am now capable of dealing with transactions and offer great customer service. I'm always looking forward to improve myself and gain more experience in order to improve my performance at work.
Pros
Very organized. Smells good and it's clean. The employees are very friendly and helpful.