Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 15, 2015
Working here is a fun place and the time flies by. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Hours are horrible. The continue to hire new people when they are only giving their current staff 3 hour shifts.
Pros
fun, time goes by fast
Cons
short hours
Seasonal Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 7, 2015
Bath and Body Works has been and continues to be a wonderful place to work. The team is caring a driven and always working together to support each other and meet goals.
Fun store with great music and great customers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 7, 2015
Stocking of displays, working through lots of boxes (seasonal delivery rush) helping customers find gifts for loved ones, bonding with coworkers over favourite products, generally a happy but fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too much firing and hiring of new staff
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Pros
Many given hours
Cons
too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
Fun workplace and staff to work with
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2015
Working at Bath & Body Works helps me to learn how to work and handle rapid working environment. The management team is so helpful and patient with thier associates.
Fun place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 24, 2015
The staff there were all very kind. If you had any questions they were willing to help. It also helped that the product being sold smelled amazing.
Productive and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
Bath and Body Works is work but it is also fun. I enjoy everyday the people I work with and I am consistently learning new things about all things including the people I work, the products, the customer needs and wants and about the logistics of the business.
Pros
hard work, interaction, great benefits
Cons
hard work, paper work, weekend work
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Short shifts
energetic and positive work environment
floor associate, cashier and inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
It is an uplifting environment with helpful staff. Every employee had the opportunity to get trained in all main roles in the store such as cashier, inventory and sales. I learned how to approach customers with a goal of selling while gaining product knowledge. I also learned cashier duty. The awesome co workers I've worked with has to be the greatest part of this job.
Good place to learn customer service but very little chance of advancement
High Performance Seller/Cashier/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2015
Typical day consists of helping customers as a primary focus, everything else comes second. Learnt to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. How to manage to deal with multiple customers at the same time. The nicest part is when customers returned and asked for you by name because they enjoyed your service. The most frustrating part is the lack of acknowledgment for your work.
Pros
Great place to learn about Customer Serive
Cons
After 5 years, no advancement options.
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Welcoming environment with lots of chances to grow and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Cashier, sales associate, merchandiser. Great work environment, everyone supports each other and acknowledges each others accomplishments.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
Working at bath & body guards is a good experience, i just need more hours and like to work hard.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  kelownaOctober 13, 2013
Working at bath & body works is a fun busy place, always doing something, always products ready to be put out on the floor. I am stock maintence, when shipment comes in I un box it and put it in the under stocks , if stock is getting low on the floor it is my job to make sure everything is full, I also greet and help people when they come in, making them feel welcomed and letting them know about our sales. The management at bath and body works is awesome, there always being positive and helping you when needed, I always get a good vibe from them and makes the long hours well worth it in the end.
Bath & Body Works - Review Georgian Mall
Replenisher/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgian Mall - BarrieJanuary 27, 2014
management was really really nice.. shame it was only holiday season work.

30% off on all items + all promotions that were going on.

Typical days were really fast paced & busy.

They had weekly contests.. like guess how many candles the whole bath & body shop franchise sold in an hour.. - close awnser?.. around 95.

Co-Workers were very understanding to a new employee helped out as much as possible very cool calm and collect.

Most enjoyable part of the job is just dealing with happy customers!
Pros
free candy, food! and they had contests.. made employees more driven
Cons
temporary seasonal work :( woulda loved to stay as a perm pt employee.
Fun workplace, with great people to work with.
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2015
I learned many valuable skills at Bath and Body works, learning how to work as a team, learning how to help people in a productive way. All of the employees worked greatly together and were always happy to help, whenever and however they could.
Great Company
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Speak to customers
Give hand demos
Stock shelves
up selling behaviors suggest 3 step ritual ie shower gel, cream and perfume
handle Cash transactions

Really learned how to sell utilize product knowledge

Management great
I loved the products and the experience
hours not the best for moms found the nights and weekends difficult
Pros
Free product
Cons
expect to work every Sat
productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2015
very fast paced
learned lots of cash handling and selling techniques
management is great to work with
permanent co-workers are great to work with
hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough for the things associates do
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others in finding what they love
Productive, Fun Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2015
great experience with a fun work orientated team. Working at bath and body works allows you to build relationships with your team and learn product knowledge. Very fast pace and allows you to be independent and gain hands on experience.
Great and friendly customers who keep coming back and great diverse atmosphere to be apart of.
Pros
Close relationships, Great teams, lots of potlucks.
Cons
Shift Fluctuate
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
The people I work with are really nice, also the customers. I've gained lots of skills working there. The environment is always nice and clean. Everything is organized. I am now capable of dealing with transactions and offer great customer service. I'm always looking forward to improve myself and gain more experience in order to improve my performance at work.
Pros
Very organized. Smells good and it's clean. The employees are very friendly and helpful.