Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 20, 2013
pace is very important key to this job there is a lot to do all the time and is forever changing. I love working with customers and the people
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee), 100 city centre driveDecember 9, 2012
Pros: core values and inclusion
Cons: no work life balance
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons: low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing – more... fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase. – less
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 20, 2012
Cons: long hours
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes – more... would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships. – less
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons: on calls, flootsets
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most – more... enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first. – less
Productive and fragrant workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: new products
Cons: exposure to too much smell
awareness to peoples fascination for different fragrances..
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun lively environment
Cons: potent room sprays in small rooms.
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases – more... at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily. – less
moderately stress free, great people
Merchandise/stock handler (Former Employee), London, OntarioFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: great co workers, fun times, great job
Cons: goal focus causes inefficiency in work
not a bad company to work for, straightforward and easy work
the only thing i would change is how uptight the store is about reaching their "quota" , i know the whole point of it is goal setting and leadership but its too much of a focus , rather than just working on getting things done efficiently
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hickory, NCSeptember 15, 2014
The management I worked under was fantastic. I learned about selling from them
SALES ASSOCAITE (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great staff, fun products, allowed to use personal tesitimony
Cons: call ins, hire from outside, no ability to move up.
Great place to work. However, the ability for associates to grow and move up is not present. They don't hire within the company. Instead of training a current employee for a management position they will hire from outside the company.
Productive and Fun place to work and Smell Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: selling and making customers happy
Cons: short breaks or sometimes no breaks
Productive, fast paced, and fun place to work.
great co-workers
management always stayed on top of things
the hardest part of the job is putting all the freight away when it come in and you have like 80 boxes of products.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working together and making the customers have the best shopping experience with our company.
Great Customer Service and Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muncy, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts, meeting new people, learning new selling techniques.
Cons: i would work there seasonally and it would be packed!
Learning different techniques for selling products. Getting to know your customer their likes and dislikes. A typical day at work would be customer service, working on the sales floor, stocking, packing, and doing sale floor setups.
I got along well with my managers and coworkers. I get along great with people, I would definitely consider myself a people – more... person. – less
A very faced paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: it smelled wonderful in there.
I was the front greeter, every person that came in the store I would have to greet them. I had to make conversation and pitch our new product to them and make them try it on there hands at that very moment. It taught to be very comfortable to interact with all types of people and personality. I learned to have great communication and customer service.
Horrible place to work.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount, co-workers, flexible with off days
Cons: everything else.
I can only speak for the B&BW location I worked at because I'm pretty sure experiences vary from store to store.
I had a terrible experience working here. There were practically no hours. I had full availability and was given 3 hours per week at a maximum. There were times I would go weeks without working at all. When I was scheduled more than 3-5 hours – more... a week, my other shifts were always called off. The only time I got more hours were during the SAS and when floorsets were due. Managers and CSLs gave us no respect. They treated us like we weren't even there and if we did something wrong, would not help us improve or even let us know what our mistakes were. They would keep it to themselves and gossip to other associates which in turn led to a bunch of drama. How are we going to fix our mistakes if you don't even let us know?
They offered minimal training when I first started and basically threw us out onto the floor. B&BW is also too obsessed with their numbers and conversion. Hearing updates in the walkie every 10-15 minutes was seriously irritating--so irritating that i always had to rip the earpiece off my ear, just so i could catch a break from all the static and numbers. Forcing us to go up and talk to customers to try and upsell when it was clear that customers wanted to be left alone was awkward and unnecessary. Most customers just want to shop without being bothered. They'll ask if they have questions.
My managers were very moody people. They would be happy one day, then in a bad mood the next. It doesn't exactly make for the most positive working environment.

The only things that were good about working at B&BW were the employee discounts at all L Brand companies, nice, helpful co-workers, and how they were flexible with us taking days off. Everything else left much to be desired. – less
INTERESTING
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyed all the products myself
Cons: not enough hours
WORK WAS FUN SOMETIMES CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT WAS OK CO WORKERS WERE GREAT HARDEST PART WORKING JUST A COUPLE OF HOURS A DAY MOST ENJOYABLE MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Hard Work
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 9, 2014
Working at Bath and Body Works was much harder than it seems. A typical shift at BBW included up to 8 hours on my feet with a 30 minute break. Greeting and Talking to customers and finding out their needs. Replenishment, which was stocking all the product onto the sales floor.Stocking the back rooms and Off-site rooms with extra boxes of product. Ringing – more... Customers out.
I learned a lot of patience. I also learned how to sell a product and what that product contained. I found out that Many people have different preferences about fragrance and most gravitate towards similar notes in fragrances.
I enjoyed all but one of my co workers and managers. It was a great team and very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was the hours being so sporadic and having "call-ins" which is basically stand by.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people everyday and having frequent customers who came in and would ask specifically for me. – less
Smell nice all the time
Cashier (Former Employee), West Chester, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discount on products, enjoyable
Cons: stocking products, black friday
This was my first retail job and it was a good one. Seasonal and part time. I had fun. The only downfall was staying late to restock the shelves with new products and sale items.
Fun work environment with an excellent management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: not a guaranteed amount of hours for an associate
The management team at Bath & Body Works is awesome! They are always in a great mood and ready to have a fun time at work! Associates are able to learn different aspects of the job while working there.
Fun place to work.
Cashier, Floor Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free samples of new products.
Cons: short or no breaks during the shift.
I work part time and would like to have a few more hours. A typical day after signing in on the computer goes pretty much like this. I check out the bulletin board to find out what the needs are for that day. Then check with my manager to see where she would like to start me. I enjoy helping the customers that come in, that would be the most enjoyable – more... part. If my manager puts me on the cash register, then I have the responsibility of balancing my cash draw and interacting with the customer. The hardest part of the job is inventory and stocking the products. – less

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos