Bath & Body Works
1,630 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 23, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: experience
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today.
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 19, 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place.
not recommeded at ALL!!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Cons: many
Do not work there!!
Only management get hours!
Typical day, you do all the work while management sit around and eat the treats the company buys for its workers. They don't even let you know that Corporate sent funds for treats for staff.
I would not recommend anyone to work at BBW!
Good place
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 20, 2013
pace is very important key to this job there is a lot to do all the time and is forever changing. I love working with customers and the people
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee), 100 city centre driveDecember 9, 2012
Pros: core values and inclusion
Cons: no work life balance
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons: low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 20, 2012
Cons: long hours
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships.
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons: on calls, flootsets
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first.
Productive and fragrant workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: new products
Cons: exposure to too much smell
awareness to peoples fascination for different fragrances..
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun lively environment
Cons: potent room sprays in small rooms.
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
moderately stress free, great people
Merchandise/stock handler (Former Employee), London, OntarioFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: great co workers, fun times, great job
Cons: goal focus causes inefficiency in work
not a bad company to work for, straightforward and easy work
the only thing i would change is how uptight the store is about reaching their "quota" , i know the whole point of it is goal setting and leadership but its too much of a focus , rather than just working on getting things done efficiently
My Employment With Bath And Body Works
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: sign on bonus, good wages
Cons: poor discepline
On a typical day, I would come in and front face or restock any merchandise that was in need of it. Sweep the floors, took care to make sure that bags and any customer based needs were met. I also was in charge of the cashier station when needed and would be on floor up selling our new products.Every month we would do a new floor set which would take at least a night s worth to get it up and ready for the new products of that month.
fun and energetic environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly co worker
A typical day of work would consist of me reading a plan chart of day sales, so employee are well inform of what going on. This would help us assist customers with needs and how they can benefit from sale promotions.
Being at Bath and Body I learned to be a more of a team player and how to communicate well professionally with other even if we have differences.
My co workers for the most part were out going and friendly people.
I think the hardest part my job was finding certain products for customers, being that our back stock room was very small.
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: paid 15 min. break, free products, getting to smell the new products before they come out.
Cons: dealing with stubborn customers, floorsets are literally overnight
I extremely love working at Bath and Body Works even though it puts a strain on my pockets since I'm such a big fan of the wonderful scents. The only downside is that you can't combine your employee discount with the deals but the deals are amazing so I don't complain too much. A typical day at work for me is mostly connecting with the customer and finding the right scent they are looking for whether it be for themselves, a friend, a grandmother, anyone. I 've learned that there are those customers that will believe they know more about the sales/coupons/deals better than you and you really have to be patient with them and show them what is really going on with the deals. My manager is AMAZING!! She knows how to direct a team and create that authoritarian figure but doesn't hang it over our heads and becomes part of something more. Kind of like a family, we joke and make fun but know how to get the task done and get our goals met. My coworkers are also the same. We are tightknit but we do accept new people but you must work with the flow not against. All in all, this really is the best group of supportive people I could ask for and the best job to work for.
fun
sales associate (Former Employee), pasadenaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun people
Cons: not enough hours
clock in put your apron on head to the floor greet people stock shelves mingle with co workers laugh answer questions you've answered a million times. take a thrity minute lunch. get back on the floor, mingle some more with co workers. make your manager happy by doing what they say.
I loved working for Bath & Body Works.
Capability Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, GAJanuary 21, 2015
I loved my sales team. I started as an associate and worked my way up to being Capability Manager. Loved this job, I only left because we were moving out of state, and I wanted more of a nine to five job verses working one to ten p.m.
Exciting challenging work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Have acquired several management skill. I have grown as a leader and a person while employed at Bath and Body Works
Good Company
Sales associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Company pays well and workers are friendly. Sometimes you get gifts from the manager like lotion or a new spray. Lots of restocking and after a certain point it seems like there,s nothing to do.
Amazing and Fun place to work.
Sales associate / Assistant manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to learn the ins and outs of retail
Cons: not an easy company to be promoted with as a sales associate
What a fun way to enter a career in retail! The product is easy to learn and the training to sell it was very helpful. You will have tons of interaction with clients and be challenged for your personal sales goals. Most stores have a great sense of teamwork and the hours are very accommodating.

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos