Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great for a first job
Stock Clerk/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: shortage of workable hours
Great place to work for those who are just venturing out into the work place. business picks up during the holidays. Employees get to learn how a business is ran, everyone contributes something.
Fun, neat, clean
Sales associate (Former Employee), CashierMay 1, 2013
opening the store
learned how ton interact with customers
mangers were respectable
hardest part was pursuing customers to purchase products
most enjoyable part was helping customers
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 23, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: experience
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today.
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 19, 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place.
not recommeded at ALL!!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Cons: many
Do not work there!!
Only management get hours!
Typical day, you do all the work while management sit around and eat the treats the company buys for its workers. They don't even let you know that Corporate sent funds for treats for staff.
I would not recommend anyone to work at BBW!
Good place
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 20, 2013
pace is very important key to this job there is a lot to do all the time and is forever changing. I love working with customers and the people
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee), 100 city centre driveDecember 9, 2012
Pros: core values and inclusion
Cons: no work life balance
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons: low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 20, 2012
Cons: long hours
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships.
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons: on calls, flootsets
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first.
Productive and fragrant workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: new products
Cons: exposure to too much smell
awareness to peoples fascination for different fragrances..
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun lively environment
Cons: potent room sprays in small rooms.
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
moderately stress free, great people
Merchandise/stock handler (Former Employee), London, OntarioFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: great co workers, fun times, great job
Cons: goal focus causes inefficiency in work
not a bad company to work for, straightforward and easy work
the only thing i would change is how uptight the store is about reaching their "quota" , i know the whole point of it is goal setting and leadership but its too much of a focus , rather than just working on getting things done efficiently

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos