Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2015
very fast paced
learned lots of cash handling and selling techniques
management is great to work with
permanent co-workers are great to work with
hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough for the things associates do
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others in finding what they love
Great Company
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Speak to customers
Give hand demos
Stock shelves
up selling behaviors suggest 3 step ritual ie shower gel, cream and perfume
handle Cash transactions

Really learned how to sell utilize product knowledge

Management great
I loved the products and the experience
hours not the best for moms found the nights and weekends difficult
Pros
Free product
Cons
expect to work every Sat
Ok place to work as a student.
Cashier, Customer Service, Merchandise Flow (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 29, 2015
They only hire part-time workers and there is very little room for advancement (they usually bring in a new hire or someone from another store rather then promote someone in the current location). I had a lot of different positions in the store but never got a pay raise for the extra work and responsibilities. I worked with a lot of fun and nice people.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
No room for advancement, pay dosen't really improve.
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Efficient sales and connections with customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Lots of interaction and care must be paid to the customers, as that is a massive part of the job
Important to maintain returning customers and to help customers find exactly what they are looking for
Great Values and Great People
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Being a part time manager gave me much experience in remaining close to the employees but still learning about management and responsibility in retail. Left me with confidence and a great network.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough hours
challanging and fast paced
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 19, 2015
An always changing work environment that enables you to learn new skills in a variety of areas including; time management, customer service, multi tasking, loss prevention, efficient inventory control, team building and management. You have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of great people and great customers.
Awesome, Outgoing Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,BCFebruary 7, 2015
busy busy busy! learned alot on cash and enhanced my customer service skills. very good management, co-workers are super friendly. hardest part was working holidays. enjoyed the friendly people, the awesome smells and the christmas deals!
Pros
deals, smelly things, bath stuff, candles, flexible, busy mall.
Cons
screwed up my start date/ paycheck dates so i had to wait a month for my first pay check.
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABDecember 2, 2014
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
the strong scent of the store
A really accommodating workplace with very supportive managers and coworkers!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves circulating between working at the cash, assisting customers on the floor and stocking merchandise. I have learned a lot about effective selling methods, and the company values. I have 3 managers so there's never an issue with receiving opportunities for guidance and development, and there's always someone there when I have a problem. What's really enjoyable about my job is interacting with the customers and the people I work with!
Pros
flexible and accommodating
Cons
i can't think of any!
Working with Bath And Body Works
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 13, 2014
I was a seasonal sales associate. I would assist on cash, displays and customer service
Good work environment, very busy, smells good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 7, 2014
It was enjoyable, staff was friendly and funny. Sometimes the managers would ask us to bother the customers too much with products, which I personally didn't like to do because I know that customers don't like sales associates pressuring them into buying things they don't want/need.
Productive and hardworking workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2014
I learned to use my time management and organizing skills while working at Bath and Body Works. I enjoyed helping customers, as well as my fellow employees. I felt that I was best at replenishment and stock of the store because of my quick pace and wanting to be neat. My coworkers were great, and always ready to help when needed. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2014
A fun environment with well selected employees. However, management is poorly selected.
Bath and Body is a triple A in my books.
Full Time Capability Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 9, 2014
I worked here for two years and my manager was inspiring, compassionate, sympathetic and strong! He was always looking out for his team and inspired me to work hard to pay hard. He was completely transparent with me that if I did what I could to succeed I would advance and reap the benefits. The salary was fair although I took a pay cut to work here. The team we had was also wonderful, full of talent and strong individuals ready to show off there stuff.
A fun smelling place to work with lots of colour
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 29, 2014
Working at bath and body was a fun experience I met lots of nice people and got to learn many interesting things about lots of difference fragrances candles and hygene. The breaks were great and the pay was good. There was nothing hard about the job. and I enjoyed every day when I was at work.
Pros
the environment
Cons
needs longer hours
Fast paced environment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
It was fun working at Bath and Body Works, I met a lot of great people, sold a good amount of merchandise and smelled a lot of great scents.
Pros
great merchandise
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 1, 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Light and over all an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working a bath and body works.
I was only part time however I still learnt a lot from work there, traits like: customer service, memorizing product, cash and merchandise flow.
Usually I work out on the floor with customers selling the product, all the co-workers work together to make the day enjoyable and fun. We are always laughing and having a good time while still staying on task with the daily requirements given by our store manager.