Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun and happy workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2017
Workplace culture was very diverse, it was nice to meet so many amazing people. I learned to work at a fast pace with efficiency, and learned how to communicate with my fellow team members effectively.
Fast Paced Demanding Retail Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 April 2017
As the manager of a multi million dollar retail location in a small market, i had many challenges to deal with on a daily basis. My husband and I relocated to Medicine Hat, due to his career in the military. I was responsible for opening a brand new Bath and Body Works location based out of the mall. Due to the remoteness of this location and lack of support from sister stores in other cities, I was required to hire all of my management and support staff.
Succession planning is key when operating such a large volume store in a small market. Mentor ship and forecasting the business was instrumental in the success of the business as well as the staff.
I take great pride in the development of staff members and the overall success of the store when it comes to customer service and measurables.
Pros
Wage and Work life balance
Cons
Very Stressful, fast paced demanding job
very great place to work in with a good management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 April 2017
I learned how to deal with customers and it improved my customer service skills. I most of all enjoyed working as a team with my colleagues as they were all great.
Productive and fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON9 April 2017
A typical day at work was aiming to have fun. While working at Bath and Body works, I learned that the relationship with costumes is very important. I enjoyed working at Bath and Body works and would encourage individuals if they have the opportunity to work there, to take it.
Pros
Making friends with co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of assisting customers with products and sales; management is very well organized and always embracing a positive attitude at work
Amazing Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 April 2017
Everyone who works there is so friendly and amazing we get work done while still having fun and i highly recommend bath and body works as a workplace.
Fun place to work with an awesome atmospehere and co-workers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 April 2017
A typical working day there for a seasonal worker was normally short but jam packed with friendly people, amazing scents, and an awesome working staff.
Good and bad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 April 2017
It can be a fun atmosphere but also drama filled and petty at times. Co-workers for the most part were great, as well as most of the management team. People talk about each other behind their backs constantly. Rarely good hours unless management/supervisory role.
Pros
Customers are great.
Cons
Lots of favoritism.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2017
I was only a season worker her but it was always a joy to go to work between the customers you encounter and the staff you get to know. It is your typical retail job!
yikes
Part Time Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 March 2017
I quit this job because it got to the point where our managers would literally yell at us if we didn't make our sales goal for the day. It became too competitive
Comfortable work environment, fun, enjoyable.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 March 2017
This was one of the most wonderful atmospheres to work. My co-workers became my friends and my managers were excellent. Everyday at work felt like home.
Pros
fun and happy work environment
Good for a retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
This job is an excellent customer service stepping point. Learning the skills of open-ended questions and excellent customer service skills. However, working in a mall can tend to be a tad stressful if self care is not something you are strong in.
Pros
Customer service tips and tricks
Cons
Working cash is long hours in one spot
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 March 2017
This is the best place to work. Staff is great and company is amazing to work with. Products are awesome and I use them everyday. Offer the best customer service and to really determine the customer needs on every visit.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
very little store hours that can be offered to the part time staff
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
Great first job experience. You learn everything you need to know and gain fantastic skills for future jobs. they really push you to sell sell sell and it was a good push.
Pros
gratis
Cons
always busy
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 March 2017
A typical day at work at Bath and Body Work consisted of stocking the shelves on the sales floor as well as stocking the shelves in the back room with the extra stock that is put away in the offsite room located outside of the building. It was a seasonal job over the Christmas holidays, so it was a very busy time of the year. The management team was very friendly and helpful, I even had the opportunity to meet a few people from the head office and they too were very friendly, helpful and professional. It was a demanding post, but the people in charge were also fair and realistic.
fun place
Lead small task assigned groups (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
i had fun working here the managers were always there to keep you up and make sure you had all the tools for your success. the discounts was also good as it applied to victoria's secret and la senza
Low hours and pay, but good colleagues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2017
I was hired to as a seasonal employee but asked to stay on after Christmas. It is an alright place to work. Hours went down significantly more than expected after Christmas (it was implied that my 35 hour weeks would go down to 20 hour weeks) - I ended up only being scheduled with 3 hours total in the entire month of February. The pay is only minimum wage. That said, hours are pretty flexible, the monthly gratis is great, and I really enjoy being around all of my coworkers. I just wish that the hours were more readily available (my store is fairly small which I'm sure doesn't help). The only break that you get in a full day (9 hour) shift is a 30 minute lunch break, which to me is pretty short when you're on your feet all day - especially if you're doing stock and moving boxes and merchandise around (my old job gave you two 15s and an hour lunch for a full day).
Pros
Monthly gratis, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, short breaks
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2017
Working there was great, it was an easy fun job. The People there were friendly and outgoing which are the kind of people everyone loves to work with. If it wasn't busy i would make the store look nice with putting more stock out, cleaning the the shelves, and making sure all the products are facing forward so people can see which is which.
Pros
Out going people
Cons
Not getting all the products we needed in on time
Great Workplace
Selling Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2017
It's a pretty cool job, you get to walk around when it's not busy and smell/try everything. My managers/colleagues were all beyond friendly.
Good team members, bad managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
The managers don't care about your personal life and there is not a good life/work balance. But the other sales associates are great and great to get along with. Only one 30 minute break after working 3 hours, so if you work 8 hours you only get one 30 minute break which got a lot of the girls sick at the end of the day.
Cons
Work/Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.