Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Great place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 December 2017
Bath and body works is a fun and exciting place to work. Everyone who works there is awesome. Bath and body works has a great company culture and they will continue to do amazing things
An adequate workplace.
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2017
A shift consists of me rotating through cash, restocking shelves with merchandise and dealing directly with customers with inquiries that usually comprise of a total of 4 hours. The management was alright except the online shift scheduling system was quite cumbersome as it would not notify you if someone called in sick and you were automatically placed for the that shift the last minute but that was arguably the only bad thing with working in this job. For the 100+ products in the store we had to do research on all of them (such as knowing whether they're popular or not, what ingredients they comprise of, the pricing and discounts, etc.) My coworkers were quite helpful and professional when it came to answering all my questions and doubts regarding each position.
Pros
30 minute break
Cons
n/a
Lack of Job Security
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia27 December 2017
Poor store structure leading to a very competitive environment. Lack of job security because of this issue. Good company for junior managers to learn some basic management skills. Smaller stores with a great opportunity to build a high functioning team.
Pros
High functioning teams
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Management did not make this a fun work space.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 December 2017
Overall, the work such as dealing with customers is quite enjoyable and the staff is very friendly, making for a very nice work environment. Unfortunately, due to the management's disregard of their employees, the job became overly stressful. I was forced to chase after my managers in order to make sure that I was being properly paid and given hours that corresponded with my availabilities from school.
Pros
Nice staff, fun job
Cons
Not a lot of hours, management needs work
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2017
A typical day at work would be; helping customers items that matched their personality or matched their friends or family members personality.
During most of my shift I would operate a cash register to proceed cash and credit card transactions.
There is a lot of multi-tasking needed for this job for example; I could be replenishing and still helping a customer to fill their needs.
Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with new customers everyday!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Maintaining to keep the store clean on a really busy day
fun workplace
Seasonal Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2017
Only thing i would say that i don't like is after your needed for seasonal if they choose you to stay you dont get a lot of shifts to maintain a good living
Fun and lovely place to work at!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 December 2017
Customer service is essential, as well as a great attitude! A typical day a work as a cashier involves a lot of small talk and smiling. I've learned to ask for specifics in order to satisfy the customer's needs
Horrible managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2017
Store managers are petty. No commission so people aren't motivated to sell. The manager was just horrible, but the team was great. It is not a stressful environment and you do get free products.
Great Temp Work - Not a Career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 December 2017
All the associates are great and its perfect for a student but management is not very pleasant. The managers are always yelling at their associates disrespectfully.
Once you make a mistake, you may as well quit as there is no way of redeeming yourself in the eyes of your management team to help you improve or succeed.
Productive!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 December 2017
All of the people there are super fun, and we all work together productively to get things done! We can get stock done fairly quickly and it makes it easy when we are all able to get along.
Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BC10 December 2017
Bath and Body Works provided me a friendly work environment when I first began as a seasonal sales associate. Interacting with customers gave me a great understanding on the psychological impact on marketing/sales.
Just a warning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2017
It started pretty well and was fun for a short amount of time, then you hear coworkers talking behind peoples back, you'd notice favouritism and the fact that one of the managers works with her own daughter. That within itself is a problem. managers puts you into positions you'd fell uncomfortable. Keeping it short by saying that Managers, key holders, head cashiers, are malicious. People whom have even stuck there for 3 months would be a miracle. Good luck.
Pros
you'd come to realise the results of your bad decisions applying here in the first place.
Cons
favouritism, management, negative competitiveness, bullying
workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate to Part Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2017
always found jobs here
loved working
postive attitudes
great team
great customers
training is amazing
boss is awesome
love working here but I don't get enough hours to support myself
Pros
parties
Cons
nights
good
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 November 2017
good retail job to work. clean the fixtures. make sure everything is neat and presentable. make sure our sale signs are located properly. greeting every customer. organising at cash.
Pros
fun people
Cons
short hours
Productive work place always happy customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Each day was very work productive and good team work with everyone there. Friendly co workers easy to talk and laugh with, always enjoyed my time there.
Pros
One time free product
Cons
Busy hours
Very nice people to work with, great environment, always positive moods!
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 November 2017
I have learned a lot about getting to know customers needs and finding out what they are in for. I love how people are easy to get along with and is a very strong team. Everybody works together! The most enjoyable part is helping customers and showing them the different products.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff
Cons
Short hours (generally 3 hour shifts), often cut employees hours without notice.
Nurturing environment for me to grow and develop skills I already have and learned from the job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 November 2017
Every shift would start off with an assistant manager or store manager filling me in on the sales, deals, and goals of the day. When specific tasks needed to be done, I was informed early on, and given a time frame to which was preferred I would get it done. All the while assisting customers, and backing up on cash and selling on sales floor. I did most of the back room, stock, and merchandising as I enjoyed and quickly grew familiar with organizing the products and displaying them following plans accordingly. The co-workers were the highlight of my experience, everyone was friendly and the managers were understanding and pointed out what could be done better or what you have been doing greatly in efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the floor sets. I'm more on the detail-oriented side when it comes to projects, and during floorsets when the store would change for sales, seasons, or just for a fresh new look, I got to practice that and it gave me some room to be creative as well. The job got me to always be busy, and I prefer it that way as I like fast-paced environments, working with my hands, and helping customers. As much as I learned a lot from the job, the people and the environment helped me nurture my skills more and to practice them which I appreciated.
Pros
Gratis from new products, flexible on my schedule
Cons
stress on SPAH goal, competitive, missing or late products/plexis
Fun and Nice work environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2017
The company is very well ran. All of the staff and managerial staff are very nice and helpful. Training was fast and informative and they were always open to questions.
Pros
The discount card that comes with employment
Cons
The long hours
Great place to work for seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 November 2017
Worked seasonal for a few months and it was so fun. I met a lot of great people and learned so much about the products. I eventually bought a lot of candles and soap. I would recommend anyone else work there, but to remember after New years, is when it's slow. Don't expect much shift after that unless they want to keep you :)
My work summary
sales associat (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB31 October 2017
Working at Bath And Body Works was a good job for me. I got to help people find what they wanted. Learning to run the till. Sometimes I had to clean the floors and counters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K