Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

okay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
working at bath and body works has not many benefits your hours are based on how many sales you make on your shift during christmas youre expected to work about 60 hours a week which is good for money but the hours arent stable you can get sent home early if the daily goal is not met and hours get cut often but the staff is very friendly
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 September 2017
The employees, customers and work environment is incredible. Every day at Bath & Body Works is full of fun times and professional experiences. Customer satisfaction and building long-term relationships is a goal that keeps the team and customers happy!
Pros
Environment, Employees and Products
Cons
Hours
great place to work, top notch management, very rare these days
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2017
always been nice to go in and see such great customer service. management helps out on the floor just as much as the actual staff. I will always shop here for my soap and candles! Thanks guys keep up the solid work!
Busy retail store
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Very busy retail store which made the work day more enjoyable. Co-workers were all very nice and customers were more or less pleasant. Very easy going uniform
Management amazing, and so are their values!
Cashier, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2017
I love Bath & Body Works, both as a customer and as an employee! The management in my location makes work so much more enjoyable, and they accept that we all have rough times in our lives and therefore do not hold any of our bad days against us. My coworkers are just as happy as I am, and we all get along amazingly! They are also very flexible in hours!
Pros
Amazing Atmosphere, Great discounts
Great place to work for some extra income as a seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2017
Worked at B&BW as a seasonal associate, they were very accommodating of my schedule with my second job, good communication between management, lots of hours available and long shifts, good if you really want to work.
Big Company, no real opportuinities
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 September 2017
Being such a large company you would expect to be able to move up, but that is not the case. Hours are minimal and unreasonable, receiving about 3-9 a weeks.
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 August 2017
My experience was fun for some time and I liked being active at work. In my role, I did not see much job security in this company, especially with seasonal hires.
I wasn't given many hours and feel I was fired due to my pregnancy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS29 August 2017
The job was great, except that management was flawed. I don't feel I was given enough hours, I was let go due to "over staffing" not even 1 full month after I had told my manager I was pregnant.
Changes so much, it will make your head spin.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 August 2017
There is absolutely no way to succeed with this company. Every time you feel organized enough to execute a plan, they completely change everything. They are run by an American overhead which has absolutely no idea how the Canadian market is run. They do not care about your opinions at head office even though you are the one who is dealing with the customers. They provide zero product training so you are basically making it up as you go.
Dealing with many different customers
High Performance Seller (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 August 2017
Must have a great understanding of product and able to up-sell
Must be able to suggest and show options to customers
Keep store organized.
difficult to be promoted
Easy!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Easy job, for entry level retail! but treat you like kids. Manager and Co do nothing but chase you down if your not putting lotion on someones hand!!!
Pros
Free Stuff
Cons
Make you chase dont customers, have to pretend your passionate for soap
Best place I've worked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 August 2017
Being there wall all around a wonderful place to work. Being a cashier there was great for money management, the management there were outstanding individuals that kept us motivated and there wasn't one day i didn't enjoy going to work.
Awful place for employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2017
I worked with BBW for 3 years and was under awful management. Aside from the location I worked at in particular, the overall salary, benefits and other offers from BBW were horrendous. I worked there full time (40 plus hours per week) and never received benefits. I was originally hired on as part time, but for whatever reason, even with eventually becoming full time i never received any recognition for over working myself. Leaving BBW was the best decision I've ever made!
so/so experience.
CASHIER / STOCK / SALES (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Nice people to work with, but there would be times that I would get passed over for lunch breaks.
I would ask for a lunch break after a while and be told that I didn't have one scheduled even though sometimes my on-call would be activated.
Staff would not show up.
Cons
working without lunch breaks
Competitive sales environment without steady hours
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
I haven't been here very long but the politics and management of this company is very strange to me. Hours are not consistent even for supervisors. No benefits until you become an ASM or SM. Very competitive work environment especially on slow days when there aren't enough sales to go around. Constant promo and visual changes to the store are labour intensive and take away from your ability to make sales.
Great Work experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2017
A variety of things were learned from this job experience. willing to teach and train you. You will re-stock, cashier, store facing, arranging, customer service, customer satisfaction...many different experiences at this store.
Busy workplace but exciting environment to be a part of
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2017
Bath and Body Works is a very fun and exciting workplace to be a part of and you're constantly surrounded by happy and enthusiastic people which is what makes it so enjoyable. However, advancement opportunities are not very present until a manager favors one employee among the rest which does not give a fair chance for everyone else. Also, the pay was at the minimum until you do something about it like request a higher pay. If they don't appreciate what you do for the store, you won't get a raise.
Pros
Happy environment, great product
Cons
Wage, advancement opportunities
Great workplace:)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
I love working at Bath & Body Works, however, the store rarely provides shifts longer than 3 hours to the Sales Associates. The lack of longer shifts has caused many Associates to leave, as they would come in 5 times a week, to only work a total of 15 hours a week.
Sales driven, no thought for anyone under management
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 June 2017
All they care about is numbers, from how many email addresses you can collect in a day to how many candles you can sell. The wants and needs of employees are not considered or cared for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.