Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

it was good... while it lasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2017
At first, bath and body works seemed promising to work at when I first arrived as seasonal. The team is easy to get along with, there is never a dull moment with customers, lots of hours to spare during the Christmas season, and the discount is pretty sweet.
However, after some time, you see and hear the drama, especially from manangement, that makes you rethink about staying longer at this workplace. Gossip, favouritism, the most insane excuses and comments about coworkers, and competitiveness of sales makes the workplace so unhealthy and absolutely toxic at times. No wonder people are quitting the workplace as of this moment.

Thank goodness I'm out of there.
Pros
Team members, discounts
Cons
Management, Hours during non-holiday season
Catty group, immature management and terrible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
I started at BBW as a seasonal employee and at the time it was not bad, extremely busy with lots of long shifts. Now that it is a slow period we work on ADS (average dollar sales) and management has told everyone that the higher your ADS the more hours you get. Rather than motivating staff, it causes people to steal each other's sales and get into public fights (in front of customers) over sales. Management knows this and continues to do it, as well as pick on staff on anything done in a way that is not exactly as they want it. Managers handle issues immaturely and honestly, do not try to solve them at all. If you do want to work here I would suggest to do it seasonally. Otherwise, minimum wage is not worth the stress.
Cons
bad discount, cattiness and immaturity
Typical Day at Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
I didn't really enjoy the work, people, or the overall environment at bath and body works. I found the management was always rushing and rude with certain employees, where as others were favourited.
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC18 April 2017
take care of the clients ask if they needed anything if I ever had free time I'd do the tasks I was assigned or find something to do restock or replace the articles if I ever needed help the other associates and manager we're always there to help I had an amazing team
Pros
discounts on the articles
Cons
after hours shifts
It's really productive and a fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2017
It's a really fun job to work at. It's a fast pace environment so you always have something to do and you'll most likely never get bored. The one I worked at, the people were very friendly and welcoming to newcomers of the team. My shift went by very fast too.
Pros
discounts on the products
Wonderful place to work! Great team of workers, fun environment and great managers.
Sales Associate and Seasonal Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 April 2017
This is a wonderful place to work. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. They truly care about their employees. I work with amazing and caring individuals. I am a cashier, stock and sales person; I enjoy this versatility in my work. Overall, awesome job!
Fun and happy workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2017
Workplace culture was very diverse, it was nice to meet so many amazing people. I learned to work at a fast pace with efficiency, and learned how to communicate with my fellow team members effectively.
Fast Paced Demanding Retail Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 April 2017
As the manager of a multi million dollar retail location in a small market, i had many challenges to deal with on a daily basis. My husband and I relocated to Medicine Hat, due to his career in the military. I was responsible for opening a brand new Bath and Body Works location based out of the mall. Due to the remoteness of this location and lack of support from sister stores in other cities, I was required to hire all of my management and support staff.
Succession planning is key when operating such a large volume store in a small market. Mentor ship and forecasting the business was instrumental in the success of the business as well as the staff.
I take great pride in the development of staff members and the overall success of the store when it comes to customer service and measurables.
Pros
Wage and Work life balance
Cons
Very Stressful, fast paced demanding job
very great place to work in with a good management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 April 2017
I learned how to deal with customers and it improved my customer service skills. I most of all enjoyed working as a team with my colleagues as they were all great.
Productive and fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON9 April 2017
A typical day at work was aiming to have fun. While working at Bath and Body works, I learned that the relationship with costumes is very important. I enjoyed working at Bath and Body works and would encourage individuals if they have the opportunity to work there, to take it.
Pros
Making friends with co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of assisting customers with products and sales; management is very well organized and always embracing a positive attitude at work
Amazing Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 April 2017
Everyone who works there is so friendly and amazing we get work done while still having fun and i highly recommend bath and body works as a workplace.
Fun place to work with an awesome atmospehere and co-workers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 April 2017
A typical working day there for a seasonal worker was normally short but jam packed with friendly people, amazing scents, and an awesome working staff.
Good and bad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 April 2017
It can be a fun atmosphere but also drama filled and petty at times. Co-workers for the most part were great, as well as most of the management team. People talk about each other behind their backs constantly. Rarely good hours unless management/supervisory role.
Pros
Customers are great.
Cons
Lots of favoritism.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2017
I was only a season worker her but it was always a joy to go to work between the customers you encounter and the staff you get to know. It is your typical retail job!
yikes
Part Time Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 March 2017
I quit this job because it got to the point where our managers would literally yell at us if we didn't make our sales goal for the day. It became too competitive
Comfortable work environment, fun, enjoyable.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 March 2017
This was one of the most wonderful atmospheres to work. My co-workers became my friends and my managers were excellent. Everyday at work felt like home.
Pros
fun and happy work environment
Good for a retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
This job is an excellent customer service stepping point. Learning the skills of open-ended questions and excellent customer service skills. However, working in a mall can tend to be a tad stressful if self care is not something you are strong in.
Pros
Customer service tips and tricks
Cons
Working cash is long hours in one spot
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 March 2017
This is the best place to work. Staff is great and company is amazing to work with. Products are awesome and I use them everyday. Offer the best customer service and to really determine the customer needs on every visit.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
very little store hours that can be offered to the part time staff
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
Great first job experience. You learn everything you need to know and gain fantastic skills for future jobs. they really push you to sell sell sell and it was a good push.
Pros
gratis
Cons
always busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.