Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun thing to do in my spare time
Sale associate (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 24, 2016
I enjoy babysitting because i love kids, i learned a lot of responsibilities, hardest part of this job would be putting them to bed
Friendly Staff and Fun Sales Challenges
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I recommend Bath and Body Works to anyone looking to brake into retail. Managers ensure that learning sales tactics is a fun experience.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2016
it was a nice experience and I learned about different types of body lotions and perfumes and what they are made of. Also helping people find what types of things they are looking for
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Many given hours
Cons: too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABNovember 15, 2015
Pros: fun, time goes by fast
Cons: short hours
Working here is a fun place and the time flies by. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Hours are horrible. The continue to hire new people when they are only giving their current staff 3 hour shifts.
Free gift bags with Bath & Body Works products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and management were all very open and ready to help
Cons: Long hours standing
A typical day at Bath & Body Works would include re-stocking shelves, greeting and saying goodbye to customers and performing cash transactions.

I learned many computer skills with their computer programs while working at the cash counter that will benefit me in future jobs to come.

The management was always involved and out on the floor helping out with all customers needs and assisting any questions that employees may have needed help with.

The co-workers were friendly and were always open and ready to help their co-workers with anything they did not know or understand yet.

The hardest part of the job at Bath & Body Works was working long hours standing at the front of the store and I was not wearing proper shoes to be standing for long periods of time, so I soon learned my lesson and bought a sensible pair of shoes.

They most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist the customer with all their needs and wants that they came to the store looking for and doing your best to give them an overall great customer experience from when they walk in the door until they leave the store.
Fun store with great music and great customers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Too much firing and hiring of new staff
Stocking of displays, working through lots of boxes (seasonal delivery rush) helping customers find gifts for loved ones, bonding with coworkers over favourite products, generally a happy but fast paced environment.
Fun workplace and staff to work with
High Performance Seller (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2015
Working at Bath & Body Works helps me to learn how to work and handle rapid working environment. The management team is so helpful and patient with thier associates.
Seasonal Keyholder (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 7, 2015
Bath and Body Works has been and continues to be a wonderful place to work. The team is caring a driven and always working together to support each other and meet goals.
Bath and Body is a triple A in my books.
Full Time Capability Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 9, 2014
I worked here for two years and my manager was inspiring, compassionate, sympathetic and strong! He was always looking out for his team and inspired me to work hard to pay hard. He was completely transparent with me that if I did what I could to succeed I would advance and reap the benefits. The salary was fair although I took a pay cut to work here. The team we had was also wonderful, full of talent and strong individuals ready to show off there stuff.
Fun place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 24, 2015
The staff there were all very kind. If you had any questions they were willing to help. It also helped that the product being sold smelled amazing.
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Pleasant work environment
Cons: Short shifts
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Encouraging and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: pay raise every year, free lunches for employees sometimes
Cons: no one calls you to tell you that there has been a change in a previoulsy posted scedule, one in which you did not have a shift on a particular day, but suddenly do now.
Bath and Body Works is a fantastic place to work. You can tell that they really value and care about their employees. They work hard at trying to encourage you to do that best that you can, not only for the store, but for yourself.
energetic and positive work environment
floor associate, cashier and inventory (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
It is an uplifting environment with helpful staff. Every employee had the opportunity to get trained in all main roles in the store such as cashier, inventory and sales. I learned how to approach customers with a goal of selling while gaining product knowledge. I also learned cashier duty. The awesome co workers I've worked with has to be the greatest part of this job.
Good place to learn customer service but very little chance of advancement
High Performance Seller/Cashier/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn about Customer Serive
Cons: After 5 years, no advancement options.
Typical day consists of helping customers as a primary focus, everything else comes second. Learnt to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. How to manage to deal with multiple customers at the same time. The nicest part is when customers returned and asked for you by name because they enjoyed your service. The most frustrating part is the lack of acknowledgment for your work.
Welcoming environment with lots of chances to grow and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Cashier, sales associate, merchandiser. Great work environment, everyone supports each other and acknowledges each others accomplishments.
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough hours
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Productive and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: hard work, interaction, great benefits
Cons: hard work, paper work, weekend work
Bath and Body Works is work but it is also fun. I enjoy everyday the people I work with and I am consistently learning new things about all things including the people I work, the products, the customer needs and wants and about the logistics of the business.
Fun workplace, with great people to work with.
Seasonal worker (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2015
I learned many valuable skills at Bath and Body works, learning how to work as a team, learning how to help people in a productive way. All of the employees worked greatly together and were always happy to help, whenever and however they could.
Headquarters