Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

productive environment
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 June 2017
I learned to work in retail and be more of a team player. i also did alot of stock work which gave me an interest in more labor based jobs. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people all day
Fun work enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2017
I day at work includes strong customer service, ability to book sales and make demos for the clients, you need to be self-confident and have ability to speak confidently about our products.

I've learned to approach customers needs and expectations, to look forward of what they need or at looking at the store. We have a great team environment, it have helped me to develop confidence and great communication with clients and my team, know more about Canada work environment.

I love to work here, help people, look at their faces when they buy or products, and be able to help them.

The hardest part I would say is the night shift and long hours standing and carrying products on displays, but I love to be busy and doing something (might be minimal) for others.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Is not full time work
Amazing learning experience
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
I loved working for BBW. I had the best staff and I got fair hours to complete tasks. very organized structural company.
turn over is higher then id like with store managers so growth is limited for mysef with high turn over.
Fun workplace but non stop work strict vibe
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
the job tracks your sales but you are not given commission. Your gratis is cheap and it's a strict environment. They are expecting you to work full pace nonstop.
Fun and easy going
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Nice environment to be in
Fast paced and easy going
Lovely workers
Reliable workers
Energetic environment
Great customer service
Friendly environment
lovely work group
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
As a Shipment processor I would come in around 9pm and leave anywhere between 12am and 6am. This was solely a seasonal job over the christmas. Co-workers and manager where very friendly. I did work the Day shift a few times and help with sales. This group where not as fun to work with and day manager not as kind. I dealt with sorting boxes in offsite and back storage, stocking shelves, and unpacking shipments.
Pros
friendly night shift
Cons
not so friendly day shift
Upbeat environment, Friendly staff, Flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 May 2017
The costumers there are mostly friendly and east to work with, you may get the odd grumpy ones. Management is great, young but professional. Easy to work with, they make you feel comfortable and part of the team right away. Although during holidays the hours are great but the rest of the year is kinda rough. Overall, the staff is great, environment is upbeat and fun, and they are flexible with schooling.
Pros
Free gifts and 30% off
Cons
Short hours sometimes
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 May 2017
I loved the people I worked with and had a positive experience being a high performance seller when the program first was put in place. I wish there was more constancy with the shifts and hours, however they have a lot of people to schedule around.
Decent workplace with good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
gave good experience working with people of all ages, races, religions, etc. Fair pay, not fair amount of shifts weekly, short shifts. friendly coworkers
Pros
coworkers and experience
Cons
lack of hours
fun workplace
Seasonal sales rep (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2017
Overall it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot of costumer service skills that I will need to use in the future. The staff there were a great group of people to work with and made my overall experience there a good one.
Decent
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 May 2017
Very few hours outside of holidays. managment is nice, get a fair amount of free product. Some long hours but usually short shifts. Not enough to sustain yourself
Very fast paced place to work, but very fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 May 2017
I loved my time at B&BW, most of the people I worked with were great, and there were many benefits to the job. There were long hours/days but you made your own availability so you could go in and change it if your shifts that were being given to you were too long.
Pros
Gratis each month
Cons
management would sometimes forget about giving us our breaks, headaches if sensitive to scents, long hours
Great people and wonderful place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB28 April 2017
When working with Bath and Body Works, they have a great atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. Everyone is willing to help each other and make sure the store is well stocked.
Pros
Great people
Managing needs to be fixed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 April 2017
the people, as in sales associates are lovely. the managing, however is not. the managers will not treat you properly unless you are of the same position, and they do not know how to schedule or manage the store. they do not know what they are doing.
Cons
not enough hours
Overall amazing
Seasonal, cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
I loved the atmosphere and the employees were very respectful. I learned many life skills and became more outgoing and social after my long experience
Pros
Environment
Cons
Less hours
One manager is awful
Store Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 April 2017
Yells and try's to embarrass employees in front of costumers, extremely rude and expects us to non-stop ask the customers about what they are looking for over and over when they clearly want to be left alone. Always booked me on times I had class even after giving my schedule to them 3 times and fired me by just not posting my schedule and hoping I wouldn't come in. Also never paid me for multiple days.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 April 2017
This is an amazing place to work. Your co-workers, as well as your managers, are all really nice. Everyone is fun and if you like their products you will enjoy selling it. You get to meet new people every day which is nice and you have fun doing it.
it was good... while it lasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2017
At first, bath and body works seemed promising to work at when I first arrived as seasonal. The team is easy to get along with, there is never a dull moment with customers, lots of hours to spare during the Christmas season, and the discount is pretty sweet.
However, after some time, you see and hear the drama, especially from manangement, that makes you rethink about staying longer at this workplace. Gossip, favouritism, the most insane excuses and comments about coworkers, and competitiveness of sales makes the workplace so unhealthy and absolutely toxic at times. No wonder people are quitting the workplace as of this moment.

Thank goodness I'm out of there.
Pros
Team members, discounts
Cons
Management, Hours during non-holiday season
Catty group, immature management and terrible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
I started at BBW as a seasonal employee and at the time it was not bad, extremely busy with lots of long shifts. Now that it is a slow period we work on ADS (average dollar sales) and management has told everyone that the higher your ADS the more hours you get. Rather than motivating staff, it causes people to steal each other's sales and get into public fights (in front of customers) over sales. Management knows this and continues to do it, as well as pick on staff on anything done in a way that is not exactly as they want it. Managers handle issues immaturely and honestly, do not try to solve them at all. If you do want to work here I would suggest to do it seasonally. Otherwise, minimum wage is not worth the stress.
Cons
bad discount, cattiness and immaturity
Typical Day at Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
I didn't really enjoy the work, people, or the overall environment at bath and body works. I found the management was always rushing and rude with certain employees, where as others were favourited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.