Bath & Body Works
1,203 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, very friendly and caring atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: occasional free products
I received training on how to approach customers in an organic way that has taught me to face my fear of public speaking and start to work towards being more comfortable talking in front of other people.
I also received training in aesthetics when doing floorsets to make the displays look beautiful and appealing.
Very caring and flexible managers and – more... staff that I still have close friendships with even after leaving. – less
Fun place to work!
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good pay and beneifits
Cons: hours
I worked days and nights as it was retail. I learned a lot about the company and great products (which i still buy). My store manager was great, and we actually became quite good friends (i was also a manager). My co workers were a lot of fun to be around, everyone always smiling and having fun with each other and customers. The hardest part of my job – more... was working the night shifts to prepare the store for new products and displays, it affected my family, as the hours were very late. The best part of my job was helping customers, making them happy, training new staff, and being able to give everyone a product that is great! – less
Very Stressfull environment everything from the words you speak to how you dress is by them
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2013
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: no respect
A typical day at work would be selling product and restocking shelves for our customers.
what I learned is that I love making people feel special and seeing people smile.
management here was the worst this company does not respect part-time employees only there management heads.
My co-workers were all around my age or younger and we created bonds within – more... those four walls.
The hardest part of this job was knowing that I was never going anywhere in it because none of us were really respected by head office.
The most enjoyable part about working here was being around people all day and getting to put your own mark on someone's life even if it was with bubble bath and lotion. – less
Fun, Productive
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto,OntarioJune 27, 2013
Pros: excellent bonus incentives
Cons: long hours, only 1 break.
A very tight-knit company that pride themselves on their values.
Great place to work, however advancement can be tricky.
Encouraging and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: pay raise every year, free lunches for employees sometimes
Cons: no one calls you to tell you that there has been a change in a previoulsy posted scedule, one in which you did not have a shift on a particular day, but suddenly do now.
Bath and Body Works is a fantastic place to work. You can tell that they really value and care about their employees. They work hard at trying to encourage you to do that best that you can, not only for the store, but for yourself.
Intense and loving work environment that focuses on meeting the needs of the customer.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2013
Pros: discount on products, fun employee days during holiday seasons.
Cons: customer interactions are short.
Working at Bath and Body works during the Christmas season was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. I love the intense rush that Christmas time brings and Bath and Body Works knows how to handle it! I love the way that they set their store up and section off each area to a different Sales Associate, I find it a very effective way to sell and appreciate – more... the customer interactions. Bath and Body Works has always been one of my favorite memories of working! – less
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgaey, AB SouthcentreMay 24, 2013
Fun place to work, pay isn't great but fine for high school students!
Great for a first job
Stock Clerk/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: shortage of workable hours
Great place to work for those who are just venturing out into the work place. business picks up during the holidays. Employees get to learn how a business is ran, everyone contributes something.
Fun, neat, clean
Sales associate (Former Employee), CashierMay 1, 2013
opening the store
learned how ton interact with customers
mangers were respectable
hardest part was pursuing customers to purchase products
most enjoyable part was helping customers
A learning experience! Definitely!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 23, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: experience
This was an experience I wanted a do over. I know better now. It was my fault being new to the country and the industry. I should have had more initiative. At the very end of my employment, everything became clear. I can't blame the company or maybe I can. It's in the past and better people are running it now. I was at the right place but wrong time. – more... What a "local experience!" No regrets because it got me to where I am today. – less
Great enviornment.
Sales (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 19, 2013
First getting in to bath and body works I was so nervous because it was the christmas season and always busy. But all the workers there made me feel right at home, were patient while telling me what to do and made the work day a lot of fun.
My managers were awesome, they always encouaged us to dance around the store and just have a very positive attitude.
The – more... hardest part of the job would have been learning all the prices and products in a short time.
Overall I had an awesome experience at this work place. – less
not recommeded at ALL!!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Cons: many
Do not work there!!
Only management get hours!
Typical day, you do all the work while management sit around and eat the treats the company buys for its workers. They don't even let you know that Corporate sent funds for treats for staff.
I would not recommend anyone to work at BBW!
Good place
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 20, 2013
pace is very important key to this job there is a lot to do all the time and is forever changing. I love working with customers and the people
fun and diverse working enviroment
Brand Manager (Current Employee), 100 city centre driveDecember 9, 2012
Pros: core values and inclusion
Cons: no work life balance
Great place to work company values and the culture are amazing and well demonstrated through all levels of managment.
Great learning opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 20, 2012
Cons: long hours
At Bath and Body Works, I started as a key holder, within six months I as promoted to an assistant manager. The store manager saw great potential in me. I am a hard worker and will do what it takes to the get the job done.

Due to the great design aspect at Bath and Body Works, I had a difficult time with the early morning hours. Most floor changes – more... would expect me to be there till 5am. That became a little difficult because floor changes happened very oftern.

Bath and Body Works taught me to divide being a friend and professional relationships. – less
Fun, lively and fast pace work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: in a mall, fast pace, energetic people
Cons: on calls, flootsets
Worked regularly, learned how to do cash for the first time, while using a machine. Learned about restocking, and merchandise inquiries. Managers varied, some were condescending while others were helpful. Coworkers were all lovely and great to work with. The hardest part was floor sets, because you worked beyond mall hours moving heavy items. The most – more... enjoyable was when a new fragrance came out, and we got to test and experience it first. – less
Productive and fragrant workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: new products
Cons: exposure to too much smell
awareness to peoples fascination for different fragrances..
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun lively environment
Cons: potent room sprays in small rooms.
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases – more... at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily. – less
fun and very enjoyable
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 17, 2014
It was a very chill place that required the right amount of work for the pay

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos