Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 3, 2016
A typical day working at Bath and Body Works would be described as very fast paced with lots of customers. My co-workers were wonderful and fun to be around and my managers were reasonable and hard working. I learned how to deal with people and help them find exactly what they are looking for, as well as I learned how to run a cash register and re-stock shelves as orderly as possible. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the tasks I had when the store got busy, however it was manageable and I worked hard through it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling you get when you do something perfectly and being around wonderful co-workers that treat you like family.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
On call hours
Poor management, constant gossip, no hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 1, 2016
I only receive about one shift every two weeks and it's usually a night shift where we rearrange the floor set. During the Christmas season I helped large amounts of customers in an efficient manner. The store I work in is very poorly managed: there's never a proper schedule and the managers are always gossiping about each other and/or other co-workers among themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the drama. However, I enjoy helping customers in that type of environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management
Productive and a very fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
It has a very well managed environment and co-workers were very friendly and whenever I needed them they were always there; especially when the time the I didn't know what to do. The hardest part of the job was getting to know the products because there was a variety of products. I met knew peers.
Pros
Meeting new people and a very friendly management
Cons
Low wage
Fun coworkers and managers, exciting workplace, and good benefits.
Stock/Floorset/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 18, 2016
The best thing about Bath and Body Works are the reasonable and fair managers. They were understanding, kind, and compassionate, yet they still maintained a position of authority amongst all staff.

The floor sets go until midnight, but working with great people made time fly by. The coworkers and managers all acted like one team; a single, well-oiled machine.

Almost biweekly, the company would give gratis' to the workers. They'd be small things like a free fragrance mist or body wash, but it'd show us that the company was always also thinking about the workers.

Overall good workspace, great company, and even greater workers.
Always have a scentful good time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
Everyday was different at Bath & Body Works. We were other helping put stock away, helping customers, working the cash register. I learned that customer service is number one in this type of job. The management was always there when you needed them or needed to talk to someone. The co-workers were always a blast to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting to know the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was store resets. It usually was a Sunday evening after the mall closed, we would be there till about 11pm or later. It was always a blast.
Pros
incentives, free lotions
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace very cooperate
High Performance Seller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
Starting out it was a fun environment, I got along well with my manager and co-workers. Once I began High Performance Selling things started to change, it was an amazing experience to say the least and I learned many things about customer service. However, towards my last few months working there the company became very cooperate in regards to selling and the way we were to approach selling.
Pros
discounts and customer service
Cons
half and hour breaks during 8 hour shifts
Typical day of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 4, 2016
I believe a typical day at work would first begin with waken up refreshed- this is important to me mainly because it brings a good start and positive vibe to have throughout the day. The next most important thing would to be to show up to work on time and ready to perform. The day would consist of using what skills I already have, and skills I will hopefully learn with this experience to assist costumers with their needs while reflecting the store in a positive manner.Worker with co-workers can not always be the easiest job, however, I have learned that everyone is different, we learn different and process information different-Its a part of life. My job would to be to perform to the best of my abilities. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would to be in the environment in which I could be assistance to shoppers, I feel I have a positive attitude and from past experience, costumers have said they enjoyed my assistance. I feel as though I could be a beneficial assistance to this company,
fun work place with great staff
Regular seller-Part timem/Casual (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Thestaff and management is great. It doesn't even feel like work well you are there. Everyone Working there is friendly and is like a second family. every body looks out for eachother, you never feel left out
Pros
fun to work there
Cons
not enough hours
Easy going and welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 25, 2016
Being my first retail job I didn't know what to expect but working at Bath & Body Works has opened my eyes to the dedication it takes in order to make sure everyone feels welcome. Also, I found that it was very easy to learn things from other co-workers and managers as they were all kind and understanding of things.
Pros
Deducted price of products
Great place to work, very friendly staff!
Cashier/Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers find items throughout the store, tell them about the deals that were happening, and ring through items at the till. The management and co-workers were awesome, and very friendly. Hardest part of the job was probably not always having happy customers, but other than that it was great!
Pros
Great, flexible hours
Cons
Long shipment hours
friendly, welcoming, refreshing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 19, 2016
Working at Bath and Body works was a great refresher away from fast food. The way things were ran there were so much different than my other job as things seemed to be more organized. All of the managers were approachable and each and every employee treated me like family instantly. If I was able to stay, or asked to stay passed my seasonal employment I would have for sure.
Pros
Friendly, kind coworkers and customers
Cons
hours were hard to work with because of school
Fun and busy environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 5, 2016
Worked with amazing people. Very customer driven. Loved creating relationships with the people who came in and just chatting about the newest products and what we love, getting them to try it out.

Learned a lot about merchandising and the inventory. Always something to learn.
Land of smells and walkie talkies
Seasonal employee Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2016
Very fast paced and busy work atmosphere with fun loving co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the position was meeting new customers and trading anecdotes with the regulars. The most difficult aspect of the position was an inability to advance due to the seasonal nature of the job.
very comforting and porfessional place to work at
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
working at bath & body works you learn a lot more than just products you learn how to talk to people, how to have fun at work. everyone got along like a family there was never any judgement. I recommend everyone to try and work there.
Good learning experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2016
BBW is a very popular store, so you have to be on your toes at all times and making sure the customers are being helped and finding what they are looking for. it's a very fun environment though to work in and i learned a lot.
fun people to work with, but hours are terrible
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 4, 2016
Overall Market Mall Bath and Body Works is a fun place to work but the hours are terrible, management is sometimes great; sometimes terrible. But it is a fun first job, prepare for long hours when it comes to floorsets (new themes for store)
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Helping customers learn to layer the right fragrance for them is fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 19, 2015
When you start shift you report to CSL on duty, enquire as to new product and sales and what area of the store you are to cover.
Uncover customers needs and assisting them as needed. If it is in another area of store pass off to another SA.
If you are in Sales, then Customer Service is you main goal. When you are not with customers there is always tidying, pulling product forward, and new information to learn regarding new products.
I learned I love working with people and sharing information that they can use to their benefit. Also loved spending time with all the children that would come into the store.
I got along well with the fellow associates and the management knew me to be a very hard working, dependable employee.
I think the hardest part of the job was realizing that not everyone (customers) is pleasant when they are shopping. I learned not to take it personally.
Pros
Free Product.
Cons
Strong fragrance causing Headache.
Wish i applied sooner!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2016
love it! Such a great place to work! I applied as christmas help and have since then continued to grow! :) Most enjoyable is the family feeling and how well everyone works together.
Pros
Your managers listen to you and give you great things to work on
Cons
the online system messes up sometime when you put w=in when you are available.
Working with amazing and creative individuals
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 2, 2016
Working at bath and body works there was always something to do. I learned how to deal with many different customers which allowed to develop my communication skills.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
You will receive great benefits and motivating managers who want to genuinely help you improve as a Sales Associate. Fun place to work if passionate about product.