Bath & Body Works

2.3K reviews

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing work environment with fun and hard working people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Many given hours
Cons: too many employees (taking and/or giving away shifts), many on calls
A typical day at work included helping customers pick, choose and find products that met their needs. Days also included cashing out customers' items and/or working with merchandise (stocking shelves, working in the back, opening boxes, etc.). Throughout my experience at Bath & Body Works, i learned how to always work well with coworkers, get assigned jobs done fast and efficiently, use a cashier and speak to customers in a polite and ecstatic way. Management at bath and body was flexible. The store only had polite, kind and hard working managers who patiently taught new employees how to perform the best work they can. Co workers were the same and a lot of fun to work with! However, the hardest part of the job was trying to finish certain tasks in a certain period of time when the store was so busy (which was busy majority of the time). Multitasking can be a challenge when working in such a busy store. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people who cooperated all the time and never complained to get work done. The environment was filled with motivation, hard work and good attitudes.
Free gift bags with Bath & Body Works products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and management were all very open and ready to help
Cons: Long hours standing
A typical day at Bath & Body Works would include re-stocking shelves, greeting and saying goodbye to customers and performing cash transactions.

I learned many computer skills with their computer programs while working at the cash counter that will benefit me in future jobs to come.

The management was always involved and out on the floor helping out with all customers needs and assisting any questions that employees may have needed help with.

The co-workers were friendly and were always open and ready to help their co-workers with anything they did not know or understand yet.

The hardest part of the job at Bath & Body Works was working long hours standing at the front of the store and I was not wearing proper shoes to be standing for long periods of time, so I soon learned my lesson and bought a sensible pair of shoes.

They most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist the customer with all their needs and wants that they came to the store looking for and doing your best to give them an overall great customer experience from when they walk in the door until they leave the store.
Fast paced and demanding
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: tiring
A typical day would consist of unpacking boxes of product and placing it in it's proper cupboard/shelf, uncovering customer's needs as they come into the store and assisting them in finding the right product for them, and cashing customers out. I was slightly unimpressed with the management, as at times they seemed unorganized, (not posting work schedules on time, giving unclear instructions, etc) but they were for the most part pleasant to work with. Working at Bath and Body Works has taught me how to become more friendly and learn how to approach any and all kinds of customers. This job has taught me how to be able to strike up a conversation with literally anyone, since every day I would be required to talk to every customer that walks in, and figure out what they're looking for. This was probably the hardest part for me, as I used to be quite shy, but after working here for a while I came out of my shell and now talking to people is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being put on merch flow. As much as I liked talking to customers, I would much rather prefer working in a fast-paced environment.
fun and educational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Balzac, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: discounts on store items
Cons: the strong scent of the store
each day at work was always very fun and enjoyable. i got to spend my days assisting customers with purchases, working as a cashier and stocking and organizing shelves to help improve the overall appearence of the store. i learned many things about being a leader and being more out going and about the products that bath and body works sells. the management was great overall since they were always trying to help the other staff members reach thier full potential and help us out whenever it was needed. my co workers were ppretty great and i became close friends with many of them wihich made it a very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job was finding products to stock shelves with since the stock room was very overcrowded and was nearly impossible to find anything. my favorite part of the job was working as a cashier beacuse it gave me the opertunity to meet many new people and learn alot of new things about the people that i am surronded by. overall it was a great and wonderful place to work
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun, meeting new people, always something to do, awesome products!
Cons: low pay, a lot of standing so buy comfortable shoes :)
I started as seasonal part time in 2011 and thought I would just love this job as I'm an avid shopper and supporter of Bath & Body Works. After the holiday season I was offered to stay but declined as the Mangement team was all over the place with their communication, they were mean, catty, always finding something wrong with the staff and pointing fingers, "barking" in our ears on headset and down right disrespectful. I decided to give BBW another chance this season with a different store and I'm so glad I did as the Manager and CSL's are fantastic! I love helping the customers and have been receiving many compliments. I've already been asked to stay on after the holiday season and this time I'm staying. It's a fun work environment and I'm having a blast with my co-workers. The pay isn't fantastic but that's not the reason why I chose to work there. The products are awesome and I love seeing the customers leave with a smile and satisfied with their purchase.
Fun, stable and positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Langley,BCJanuary 15, 2014
I started working here in November as a seasonal employee. During the holidays the store was very busy and there were many employees working each day. My duty was to communicate the deals and sales to each customer as they came into the store as well as uncover what they were in the store for. I then had to communicate over the headset to my co-workers that the customer had or had not been greeted, what they were in for or if they needed to be approached again. I have learned how to work with an extremely large group of people, I also have advanced my cash handling experience and also can now operate a till. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and discussing/promoting our products. The hardest part of the job is keeping the shelves full and the tables organized. The Management at Bath and Body works is stellar and couldn't be better. My employers are happy with my progress and have asked me to stay on as a regular employee.
Helping customers learn to layer the right fragrance for them is fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Free Product.
Cons: Strong fragrance causing Headache.
When you start shift you report to CSL on duty, enquire as to new product and sales and what area of the store you are to cover.
Uncover customers needs and assisting them as needed. If it is in another area of store pass off to another SA.
If you are in Sales, then Customer Service is you main goal. When you are not with customers there is always tidying, pulling product forward, and new information to learn regarding new products.
I learned I love working with people and sharing information that they can use to their benefit. Also loved spending time with all the children that would come into the store.
I got along well with the fellow associates and the management knew me to be a very hard working, dependable employee.
I think the hardest part of the job was realizing that not everyone (customers) is pleasant when they are shopping. I learned not to take it personally.
a very healthy and optimistic work environment for myself
Shipment/Retail Clerk (Former Employee), promenadeAugust 6, 2015
Pros: very good work environment
Cons: seasonal work
a typical day would include myself doing the stock work early morning, stocking up shelves, and assisting customers.

I have learned many things involving how the retail industry works. How to sell better, how to be more interactive with customers, the tips and tricks to being more involved with your workplace.

My management and co-workers were some of the best people I have interacted with and i'm very blessed to say I was a part of their team

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the busy christmas hours, but even so we would always pull it off as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be doing what I love. I have worked all sorts of customer service jobs including the restaurant industry, telemarketing, customer service phone jobs, retail of this sort had to be my favorite work possible.
Productivity and Workplace Atmosphere
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Pickering, ONMay 1, 2014
- I typically would work in the area of customer services, assuring that customers are finding what they need and are satisfied with their shopping experience
- The fast passed atmosphere allowed me learn how to multitask and complete task with accuracy, while paying attention to detail
- Management assured that the work place was productive, and worked hard along staff members to bring forth a healthy work place environment
- Staff was encouraged to work in teams when necessary, and always brought forth a positive attitude
-The job entailed heavy lifting of merchandise, which cause a bit of difficulty
- The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases and being able to be social and friendly with them was something I really enjoyed.
Very Stressfull environment everything from the words you speak to how you dress is by them
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2013
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: no respect
A typical day at work would be selling product and restocking shelves for our customers.
what I learned is that I love making people feel special and seeing people smile.
management here was the worst this company does not respect part-time employees only there management heads.
My co-workers were all around my age or younger and we created bonds within those four walls.
The hardest part of this job was knowing that I was never going anywhere in it because none of us were really respected by head office.
The most enjoyable part about working here was being around people all day and getting to put your own mark on someone's life even if it was with bubble bath and lotion.
Casual and flexible place to work at, though stale at times
Sales Associate, Retail (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Pleasant work environment
Cons: Short shifts
Not just selling products but building relationships with the customers. Were expected not just to give them our names but ask for theirs as well. Expected to hear daily message and "chat-in" with manager. Material could get a little repetitive, especially since I worked there for fives years. Hardest part of job was when managers would get extremely moody when a segment sales were not going well, which would transfer their mood onto the rest of the employees. Rude customers who would speak offensively could also bring a person's morale down. Most enjoyable shifts were weekend shifts, as more co-workers would be working and the overall day would move fast as you would be having fun at work.
Amazing positive environment to work in. The staff were friendly and fabulous.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mic Mac Mall Dartmouth NSOctober 3, 2013
Pros: store discounts, friendly people, confidence builder.
Cons: seasonal, not enough days.
Hours were very flexible which is extremely important to me. Spent the day helping customers find what they were looking for, helped with gift suggestions, greeted people as they entered and wished them well as they departed the store. My co-workers were friendly, happy, talkative and a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look of relief on customer's faces when their gift giving concerns were solved. Only wish it were year round rather than just the Christmas season.
Great staff&managers, lots of fun, always look forward to working!
ASSOCIATE & MERCHANIDSE FLOW LEADER (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 2, 2014
Typically, I would go in around 10am and prep for delivery and count all the boxes that come in, organizing them to be put on shelves and carts to be taken out for stock. Co-workers would stock & I would help once shipment was accounted for as well as work on the floor, usually at the front where I would greet customers, inform them of our promotions that day, and assist them with finding products or using coupons effectively. There was a lot of heavy lifting involved, but it was good for conquering the fear of falling of a ladder at great distances. Being able to work freely on the floor and move around on the job was certainly my favourite aspect.
Best Company To Work For!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun lively environment
Cons: potent room sprays in small rooms.
I Loved working at BBW. Management was always helping us to be better individuals in a team. Team challenges were brought in a staff meetings to help us keep in mind that working as a team is essential to keeping the store functional.
A typical day included greeting every customer that walked through the door, answering phone calls, and completing purchases at the cash register. They also had daily prizes for goals that were met during the x-mas season.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the incredible amount of perfumes in the air once people started spray room sprays. It could bring on headaches easily.
Productive and enjoyable work place
High Performance Seller (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough hours
On a typical day at work I would engaging with customers and selling them product as well as cashing them out, giving full customer experience. I would have to do a lot of multitasking with talking on the walkies to talking to the customers and cleaning the store at the same time. I learned how to talk to and handle customers even in difficult situations. The management team is great and easy to talk to, very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to the customers, really finding out what they like and at the end knowing that I know I found them something that they will love.
Bath & Body Works - Review Georgian Mall
Replenisher/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgian Mall - BarrieJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free candy, food! and they had contests.. made employees more driven
Cons: temporary seasonal work :( woulda loved to stay as a perm pt employee.
management was really really nice.. shame it was only holiday season work.

30% off on all items + all promotions that were going on.

Typical days were really fast paced & busy.

They had weekly contests.. like guess how many candles the whole bath & body shop franchise sold in an hour.. - close awnser?.. around 95.

Co-Workers were very understanding to a new employee helped out as much as possible very cool calm and collect.

Most enjoyable part of the job is just dealing with happy customers!
Working at bath & body guards is a good experience, i just need more hours and like to work hard.
Stocker (Current Employee), kelownaOctober 13, 2013
Working at bath & body works is a fun busy place, always doing something, always products ready to be put out on the floor. I am stock maintence, when shipment comes in I un box it and put it in the under stocks , if stock is getting low on the floor it is my job to make sure everything is full, I also greet and help people when they come in, making them feel welcomed and letting them know about our sales. The management at bath and body works is awesome, there always being positive and helping you when needed, I always get a good vibe from them and makes the long hours well worth it in the end.
Fun place to work!
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good pay and beneifits
Cons: hours
I worked days and nights as it was retail. I learned a lot about the company and great products (which i still buy). My store manager was great, and we actually became quite good friends (i was also a manager). My co workers were a lot of fun to be around, everyone always smiling and having fun with each other and customers. The hardest part of my job was working the night shifts to prepare the store for new products and displays, it affected my family, as the hours were very late. The best part of my job was helping customers, making them happy, training new staff, and being able to give everyone a product that is great!
Intense and loving work environment that focuses on meeting the needs of the customer.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2013
Pros: discount on products, fun employee days during holiday seasons.
Cons: customer interactions are short.
Working at Bath and Body works during the Christmas season was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. I love the intense rush that Christmas time brings and Bath and Body Works knows how to handle it! I love the way that they set their store up and section off each area to a different Sales Associate, I find it a very effective way to sell and appreciate the customer interactions. Bath and Body Works has always been one of my favorite memories of working!
I had a very pleasant and good learning experience working at Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
I typical day at Bath and Body Works consisted of me working directly on the sales floor with customers selling and trying to help them find what they are looking for, which was the most enjoyable part of the job because I am very customer and sale driven. Although, there were also times that I would stock shelves which I felt was the hardest part of the job, only because it can get tiring. However, being around the lovely employees and management team really made the physical labor all worth while with their positive attitudes and energetic feedback.
Headquarters