Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Easy!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Easy job, for entry level retail! but treat you like kids. Manager and Co do nothing but chase you down if your not putting lotion on someones hand!!!
Pros
Free Stuff
Cons
Make you chase dont customers, have to pretend your passionate for soap
Best place I've worked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 August 2017
Being there wall all around a wonderful place to work. Being a cashier there was great for money management, the management there were outstanding individuals that kept us motivated and there wasn't one day i didn't enjoy going to work.
Awful place for employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2017
I worked with BBW for 3 years and was under awful management. Aside from the location I worked at in particular, the overall salary, benefits and other offers from BBW were horrendous. I worked there full time (40 plus hours per week) and never received benefits. I was originally hired on as part time, but for whatever reason, even with eventually becoming full time i never received any recognition for over working myself. Leaving BBW was the best decision I've ever made!
Busy workplace but exciting environment to be a part of
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2017
Bath and Body Works is a very fun and exciting workplace to be a part of and you're constantly surrounded by happy and enthusiastic people which is what makes it so enjoyable. However, advancement opportunities are not very present until a manager favors one employee among the rest which does not give a fair chance for everyone else. Also, the pay was at the minimum until you do something about it like request a higher pay. If they don't appreciate what you do for the store, you won't get a raise.
Pros
Happy environment, great product
Cons
Wage, advancement opportunities
Great workplace:)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
I love working at Bath & Body Works, however, the store rarely provides shifts longer than 3 hours to the Sales Associates. The lack of longer shifts has caused many Associates to leave, as they would come in 5 times a week, to only work a total of 15 hours a week.
Fun environment and great team!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
Great team work in place with this company. They are very easy to work with and are very understanding. Super fun environment and very organized work place.
Pros
Team
Cons
Short hours
Not a bad place to work if you look like everyone else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2017
Their grooming standards are extremely strict, and their management staff sometimes come off a tad unprofessional, but other than that it's a pretty good job.
Pros
Free stuff each month, discount
Cons
Stuck up management
productive environment
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 June 2017
I learned to work in retail and be more of a team player. i also did alot of stock work which gave me an interest in more labor based jobs. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people all day
Fun work enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2017
I day at work includes strong customer service, ability to book sales and make demos for the clients, you need to be self-confident and have ability to speak confidently about our products.

I've learned to approach customers needs and expectations, to look forward of what they need or at looking at the store. We have a great team environment, it have helped me to develop confidence and great communication with clients and my team, know more about Canada work environment.

I love to work here, help people, look at their faces when they buy or products, and be able to help them.

The hardest part I would say is the night shift and long hours standing and carrying products on displays, but I love to be busy and doing something (might be minimal) for others.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Is not full time work
Amazing learning experience
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
I loved working for BBW. I had the best staff and I got fair hours to complete tasks. very organized structural company.
turn over is higher then id like with store managers so growth is limited for mysef with high turn over.
Fun workplace but non stop work strict vibe
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
the job tracks your sales but you are not given commission. Your gratis is cheap and it's a strict environment. They are expecting you to work full pace nonstop.
Fun and easy going
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Nice environment to be in
Fast paced and easy going
Lovely workers
Reliable workers
Energetic environment
Great customer service
Friendly environment
lovely work group
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
As a Shipment processor I would come in around 9pm and leave anywhere between 12am and 6am. This was solely a seasonal job over the christmas. Co-workers and manager where very friendly. I did work the Day shift a few times and help with sales. This group where not as fun to work with and day manager not as kind. I dealt with sorting boxes in offsite and back storage, stocking shelves, and unpacking shipments.
Pros
friendly night shift
Cons
not so friendly day shift
Upbeat environment, Friendly staff, Flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 May 2017
The costumers there are mostly friendly and east to work with, you may get the odd grumpy ones. Management is great, young but professional. Easy to work with, they make you feel comfortable and part of the team right away. Although during holidays the hours are great but the rest of the year is kinda rough. Overall, the staff is great, environment is upbeat and fun, and they are flexible with schooling.
Pros
Free gifts and 30% off
Cons
Short hours sometimes
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 May 2017
I loved the people I worked with and had a positive experience being a high performance seller when the program first was put in place. I wish there was more constancy with the shifts and hours, however they have a lot of people to schedule around.
Decent workplace with good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
gave good experience working with people of all ages, races, religions, etc. Fair pay, not fair amount of shifts weekly, short shifts. friendly coworkers
Pros
coworkers and experience
Cons
lack of hours
fun workplace
Seasonal sales rep (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2017
Overall it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot of costumer service skills that I will need to use in the future. The staff there were a great group of people to work with and made my overall experience there a good one.
Decent
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 May 2017
Very few hours outside of holidays. managment is nice, get a fair amount of free product. Some long hours but usually short shifts. Not enough to sustain yourself
Very fast paced place to work, but very fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 May 2017
I loved my time at B&BW, most of the people I worked with were great, and there were many benefits to the job. There were long hours/days but you made your own availability so you could go in and change it if your shifts that were being given to you were too long.
Pros
Gratis each month
Cons
management would sometimes forget about giving us our breaks, headaches if sensitive to scents, long hours
Great people and wonderful place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB28 April 2017
When working with Bath and Body Works, they have a great atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. Everyone is willing to help each other and make sure the store is well stocked.
Pros
Great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.