Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Just a warning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2017
It started pretty well and was fun for a short amount of time, then you hear coworkers talking behind peoples back, you'd notice favouritism and the fact that one of the managers works with her own daughter. That within itself is a problem. managers puts you into positions you'd fell uncomfortable. Keeping it short by saying that Managers, key holders, head cashiers, are malicious. People whom have even stuck there for 3 months would be a miracle. Good luck.
Pros
you'd come to realise the results of your bad decisions applying here in the first place.
Cons
favouritism, management, negative competitiveness, bullying
workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate to Part Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2017
always found jobs here
loved working
postive attitudes
great team
great customers
training is amazing
boss is awesome
love working here but I don't get enough hours to support myself
Pros
parties
Cons
nights
good
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 November 2017
good retail job to work. clean the fixtures. make sure everything is neat and presentable. make sure our sale signs are located properly. greeting every customer. organising at cash.
Pros
fun people
Cons
short hours
Productive work place always happy customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Each day was very work productive and good team work with everyone there. Friendly co workers easy to talk and laugh with, always enjoyed my time there.
Pros
One time free product
Cons
Busy hours
Nurturing environment for me to grow and develop skills I already have and learned from the job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 November 2017
Every shift would start off with an assistant manager or store manager filling me in on the sales, deals, and goals of the day. When specific tasks needed to be done, I was informed early on, and given a time frame to which was preferred I would get it done. All the while assisting customers, and backing up on cash and selling on sales floor. I did most of the back room, stock, and merchandising as I enjoyed and quickly grew familiar with organizing the products and displaying them following plans accordingly. The co-workers were the highlight of my experience, everyone was friendly and the managers were understanding and pointed out what could be done better or what you have been doing greatly in efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the floor sets. I'm more on the detail-oriented side when it comes to projects, and during floorsets when the store would change for sales, seasons, or just for a fresh new look, I got to practice that and it gave me some room to be creative as well. The job got me to always be busy, and I prefer it that way as I like fast-paced environments, working with my hands, and helping customers. As much as I learned a lot from the job, the people and the environment helped me nurture my skills more and to practice them which I appreciated.
Pros
Gratis from new products, flexible on my schedule
Cons
stress on SPAH goal, competitive, missing or late products/plexis
Fun and Nice work environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2017
The company is very well ran. All of the staff and managerial staff are very nice and helpful. Training was fast and informative and they were always open to questions.
Pros
The discount card that comes with employment
Cons
The long hours
Great place to work for seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 November 2017
Worked seasonal for a few months and it was so fun. I met a lot of great people and learned so much about the products. I eventually bought a lot of candles and soap. I would recommend anyone else work there, but to remember after New years, is when it's slow. Don't expect much shift after that unless they want to keep you :)
My work summary
sales associat (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB31 October 2017
Working at Bath And Body Works was a good job for me. I got to help people find what they wanted. Learning to run the till. Sometimes I had to clean the floors and counters.
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of diversity throughout the company. Very friendly coworkers. Great way to learn a lot of selling strategies to become a better sales person.
New management changed everything-Fairview Pointe-Claire, QC
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC31 October 2017
Bath&Body Works used to be a great company that, although asked a lot from their associates, always showed appreciation for their hard work. They used to set realistic sales and merchandising goals, as well as manage the staff in a fair and positive way.

Ever since the change in management at the Fairview Pointe-Claire store about a year ago, the environment has completely changed. More than 20 core associates(this does not include seasonal associates) quit during the months following the management change.

The new manager would:
- not praise the associates for any of their hard work
- speak poorly about associates to other associates (and sometimes in front of them)
- not guarantee a break for associates during long floor set shifts
- post the schedule extremely last minute
- force associates to stay late at work against their will, even when they have school early the next morning
- schedule "good" associates way over their maximum hours, and give the associates she doesn't like close to no hours at all
- show up late (sometimes hours late) to nearly every shift, and give verbal warnings when associates were minutes late without giving notice
- pick favourites and treat each associate differently, very unequal
- micromanage the other management members(assistant managers, key holders) and hold them accountable when they simply would not have enough time to complete tasks that are outside of their job title
- find something "wrong" with every associate and focus just on that one negative thing instead of letting them shine through the positives. Turned "coaching"
  more... into a nightmare

Things got so bad that even customers noticed a change in environment. We actually lost a few of our greatest regular customers once the majority of the staff left. If only it could go back to the amazing place it used to be!! Too bad even the Head Office is a little corrupt and allows this to go on, solely because the new manager is a friend of the District Manager.

So... Bath & Body Works itself is a great company... this is not a hit on BBW at all. Just that one location. I know that working in any other location, associates are much happier and things are ran much more smoothly.
Pros
Lots of teamwork between associates, good insurance benefits for assistant and store managers
Cons
Too much is expected from associates, late schedule with errors, no positivity from management
productive and fun place to work at and helping customers
Customer Service Rep/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I would mostly work on cash and on the floor to advise customers and help them find the right products. I learned about customer service and about the system. My work place was friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job when coworkers are negative and can put you down. Working with the best and hard working employees and greeting customers learning new things.
Pros
half hour breaks
Cons
working with fun employees and manager
Good Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 October 2017
I learned how to work in a fast paced work environment, dealing with customers and clients and managing a balance in keeping up with the work environment.
Fun place to work
Brand Manager (Large Volume Store (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Fun place to work. Products are good and priced well. Everyday brings something different. Retail hours so sometimes conflicts with family live. Most of the customers are great.
Pros
Products
Cons
Retail hours
Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 October 2017
Management is not professional. No support provided. Schedules changed randomly. No communication. The place is an actual joke. No wonder why they go through so many employees. Head office should really evaluate who they have representing their company. Its actually quite embarrassing.
Pros
Its at the Mall
Cons
Manager
Fun place to work with open hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Bath and Bodyworks is a good place to work if you're just starting out, they teach you all the basics of customer service and with that you can build on how you approach customers and welcome them to the store. The pay isn't great, considering its minimum wage but it helps pay the bills. i recommend getting a second job during the summer since there are no hours so you don't get paid anything. management is neither here nor there, I've worked with several managers, most of them were terrible at their jobs but there have been a few gems
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 October 2017
Haven't worked with this company very long but I can say that everyday I feel welcomed by staff and enjoy going into work. The staff is very friendly and easy to get along with, as well as work with. Everyone is very helpful also. I enjoy working for the company because I like to promote the many great products we have in the store, suggesting products that are my personal favourites. Overall, a very positive company to work for.
Loved the products, so it made working there easy
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 October 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone, and loved the products so it made it easy to sell. I just didn't like the work hours cause they were in the mall and we had to work nights and weekends
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours sucked
fun workplace
Floorset Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 October 2017
The company is a fun company to work for, if you are looking for a lot of hours, Christmas time is the time to make money. The management at first was not the best but now that management has changed I enjoy it a lot more and I would love to work there more when I can. The managers are good with me and helping me with my conflict of scheduling because I have a full time job somewhere else. You just have to be on top of putting in your availability.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
Working at Bath & Body Works has given me the chance to help people in different way than I'm used to and the staff/management amazing. 10/10 would suggest to friends or family to work there.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 September 2017
Management seemed to pick favourites towards their employees putting others in uncomfortable situations, other employees seem to make it known your not welcomed many other employees have said the same

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.