Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 November 2016
This was my first work experience ever and in my opinion it was a good experience. I learnt how to work at a cash register, properly assist costumers, how to close up the store after hours, and learnt cool things about the products and how to stock them. Overall, this experience taught me communication skills and how to handle money and a cash register.
Pros
Was a fun experience, learnt new things and met new people, got to sell products, products smelt good
Cons
Long hours spent standing, crowded store on holiday season, a lot of costumers and some angry ones
fun people to work with, but hours are terrible
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2016
Overall Market Mall Bath and Body Works is a fun place to work but the hours are terrible, management is sometimes great; sometimes terrible. But it is a fun first job, prepare for long hours when it comes to floorsets (new themes for store)
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work!
CUSTOMER SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2016
Great place to work. Fun company who provide some incentives to do well. Very easy going management teams, fun co workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having managers who challenged me often and eventually pushed me enough to be in retail management! very valuable.
Productive and cultured place to work
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
A typical day working at Bath and Body Works would be described as very fast paced with lots of customers. My co-workers were wonderful and fun to be around and my managers were reasonable and hard working. I learned how to deal with people and help them find exactly what they are looking for, as well as I learned how to run a cash register and re-stock shelves as orderly as possible. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the tasks I had when the store got busy, however it was manageable and I worked hard through it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling you get when you do something perfectly and being around wonderful co-workers that treat you like family.
Always have a scentful good time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
Everyday was different at Bath & Body Works. We were other helping put stock away, helping customers, working the cash register. I learned that customer service is number one in this type of job. The management was always there when you needed them or needed to talk to someone. The co-workers were always a blast to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting to know the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was store resets. It usually was a Sunday evening after the mall closed, we would be there till about 11pm or later. It was always a blast.
Pros
incentives, free lotions
Cons
not enough hours
bath and body
co manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
was a great company to work for. management was great and so was the people we had working for us.........................
Fast paced and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 July 2016
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
On call hours
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
You will receive great benefits and motivating managers who want to genuinely help you improve as a Sales Associate. Fun place to work if passionate about product.
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2016
Not a good place to work, sales floor is to competitive. Managers are not fair when it comes to staff. Too much gossip within stores. Not a fun place to work.
Great place to work, very friendly staff!
Cashier/Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers find items throughout the store, tell them about the deals that were happening, and ring through items at the till. The management and co-workers were awesome, and very friendly. Hardest part of the job was probably not always having happy customers, but other than that it was great!
Pros
Great, flexible hours
Cons
Long shipment hours
Fun coworkers and managers, exciting workplace, and good benefits.
Stock/Floorset/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2016
The best thing about Bath and Body Works are the reasonable and fair managers. They were understanding, kind, and compassionate, yet they still maintained a position of authority amongst all staff.

The floor sets go until midnight, but working with great people made time fly by. The coworkers and managers all acted like one team; a single, well-oiled machine.

Almost biweekly, the company would give gratis' to the workers. They'd be small things like a free fragrance mist or body wash, but it'd show us that the company was always also thinking about the workers.

Overall good workspace, great company, and even greater workers.
Easy going and welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
Being my first retail job I didn't know what to expect but working at Bath & Body Works has opened my eyes to the dedication it takes in order to make sure everyone feels welcome. Also, I found that it was very easy to learn things from other co-workers and managers as they were all kind and understanding of things.
Pros
Deducted price of products
Productive workplace with very strict management and corporate members
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2016
I had a lot of fun at this job, learned a lot and met a lot of great people. No real problems overall, but the only issues I had was their rule against having tattoos.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Learning Opportunities, Fun Environment, Great Hours
Cons
Rules Against Tattoos
not friendly
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  erin mills8 September 2016
very not understanding, my dog got sick and they told me to stop taking excuses, i also got into a hit and run in the parking lot someone behind me hit my car and i had neck pain but still went into my shift and they told me i shouldnt be late next time.
Productive and a very fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
It has a very well managed environment and co-workers were very friendly and whenever I needed them they were always there; especially when the time the I didn't know what to do. The hardest part of the job was getting to know the products because there was a variety of products. I met knew peers.
Pros
Meeting new people and a very friendly management
Cons
Low wage
Poor management, constant gossip, no hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2016
I only receive about one shift every two weeks and it's usually a night shift where we rearrange the floor set. During the Christmas season I helped large amounts of customers in an efficient manner. The store I work in is very poorly managed: there's never a proper schedule and the managers are always gossiping about each other and/or other co-workers among themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the drama. However, I enjoy helping customers in that type of environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management
Fun and has the best smells ever
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
The management at BBW was by far so amazing. They are very understandable and they get along with you in a matter of minutes.
Fun workplace very cooperate
High Performance Seller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2016
Starting out it was a fun environment, I got along well with my manager and co-workers. Once I began High Performance Selling things started to change, it was an amazing experience to say the least and I learned many things about customer service. However, towards my last few months working there the company became very cooperate in regards to selling and the way we were to approach selling.
Pros
discounts and customer service
Cons
half and hour breaks during 8 hour shifts
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 November 2016
loved loved this job and all my co-workers!!! (SUE) amazing people and ver y kind ,sad I had to leave due to schooling, and moving. However if the chance came I would work their again,.
Fun and Customer Friendly
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Road Mall28 September 2016
- Assist customers with products
- scheduling, financial planning, budgeting
- answering customers questions and dealing with complaints
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper Managment