Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Constant Backstabbing
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN27 June 2016
Upper management constantly undermined the progress of their peers and made it a common practice to blame mismanagement on the supervisors below them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate equipment and machinery, improperly trained personnel in upper management.
Great Job Security
Customer Service - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN15 May 2016
In this industry you never have to worry about going out of business. Working for this company allowed me the opportunity to learn about a completely new field.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN27 April 2016
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
working nights when i had a small child.
Amazing place to work!
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA30 March 2016
Everyday is different and exciting. I have received a Harvard Business education running my own Batesville business.
Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN20 March 2016
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons
is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
hard working fast paced factory environment
cap line associate/repairman (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN3 March 2016
fast paced fabrication and finishing of caskets, many different jobs i.e. welding, automation, finish, paint hardware and more, was a good company with good benefits hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work dirty work lots of hours
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PA15 February 2016
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Pros
Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons
Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
Working at Batesville
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TN5 February 2016
I have worked at Batesville for around three years now. Since beginning at Batesville I have learned how to weld and fabricate multiple different metals. I enjoy working for this company. I also enjoy my co-workers and bosses.
Great Place to work
DCSC MULTI-SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 December 2015
Batesville is a great place to work and the company promotes within. I have enjoyed every minute working here since my first day. There were some challenges learning everything about the company and my position but I did learn them. Employees of the company tend to stick around for 30 plus years because of the way Batesville treats it's employees. I don't have one bad word to say about this company.
Great benefits and great people
Assemble Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS7 December 2015
I absolutely adore this company. It was a great experience for my family and I. The only thing was, work was slow, so I had to get laid off.
Great Benefits
Yard Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS16 November 2015
The benefits are the best I've ever seen offered from an employer and the human resources department is very knowledgeable and friendly regarding any employee concerns.
Batesville doesn't reward loyalty or hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, MS6 November 2015
The Typical day at work included customer contact, pulling and loading orders, and logistics planning and delivery of caskets. I learned no matter how loyal or hardworking an employee you are you will not be promoted and Batesville will hire the most inexperienced and incompetent people to manage operations. I experienced workplace and racial harassment from a fellow employee that was late to work every day and left early every day and only half finished anything. Dealing with harassment was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers who were the nicest people that anyone could wish to know.
The CEO of Batesville is incompetent and constantly waste money because he has no experience bottom of the company.
Pros
meeting and dealing with customers
Cons
harassment
ok place to work
Shell Assembler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 November 2015
i enjoyed my time there.The only hard part was the long hours sometimes.It was about the coworkers around you if everyone was on the same page it was a good day i they wasnt it was a long day
Pros
pay, good benefits
Cons
fearing layoffs
looking over your shoulder all the time
Driver, Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH1 November 2015
Columbus service center.
if you dont know someone you will just get the roll over everyday. Managment is sneaky, unreliable and focused on themselves. No positive attitude and routing is horrible. I would stay as far away from the song and dance they will use to hire you
building caskets
building caskets (Former Employee) –  batesville ms23 October 2015
i enjoyed the 13 years i spent at casket. i met alot of friendly people that i got alone with very well i miss and enjoyed my job.
Pros
some times i didnt take a lunch
Cons
short brakes
They could care less
Driver, CSR (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PA16 September 2015
I started to work for them and got 2 nights training with 2 excellent men. The next day they made me go out by myself, 3 stops. Thankfully I have a GPS. The truck was horrible. It had broke down the day before. They screwed me big time. All I got told was they were putting out fires and no training was given. I quit because they don't adhere to DOT HOS rules. You have to wait til 6 p.m. to find out where you are going that night. No kind of job at least in Kutztown PA area.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
They don't train and no DOT awareness.
The Industry Leader
Multisite Manager - Tennessee & Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TN1 September 2015
Fast-paced workplace with advancement potential.
Very politically driven.
Fantastic benefits package.
High turnover which has led to low bench strength company wide and a very poor work/life balance.
Hands down, the best product and customers in the industry.
Some of the greatest individuals you will ever work with.
Pros
Generous compensation, industry leader
Cons
Very poor work/life balance
it was a paycheck
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, Ms.21 July 2015
I did not mind the hard work,but the management could have been a little more concerned about their employees. The hardest part of the job was being around people that care more about the product than the people. The most enjoyable part was working hard and knowing that I can do the job and the paycheck.
Family Oriented
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN10 July 2015
No issues when family needs came up, decent pay, advancement is VERY difficult and its all in who you know. Not rewarded for extra projects unless you know someone higher up.
They will work you beyond your legal time limits.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 June 2015
They do not care about the employees only getting the job done. Delivered caskets , Drove between 200-500 miles a day. Management did not stand behind their employees, quick to judge. Putting up with the inconsistent schedule. Meeting the Funeral Directors.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
Cons
No breaks at all. Rushed constantly, Micro-managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.