Batesville Casket Company

Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Don't even try to "fit in" - they'll kick you to the curb.
Options Technician (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PASeptember 8, 2016
I worked here for 6 months, and the people I had to work with were extremely negative about the company and the working conditions. They were also very sarcastic and crude with their jokes, and general conversation. Attempting to assimilate with this culture caused a general dislike towards me, and my eventual dismissal. I would say that I found an appreciation for many of their employees, but that was not reciprocated.
Pros
Occasional doughnuts or a outdoor BBQ
Cons
Sarcastic comments about your break times, or etc, etc.
management don't gave a dam about there employees. Rules and regulations change day for day...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 20, 2016
Batesville Casket was a great place to work for about 7 years ago but brought new management in and the don't gave a dam about there employees..No opportunity for growth for there employees just work and if you can't you got to go they are just that frank with you...New management taken away all your bonuses and opportunity.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there because you're going to go in as a temp and you will work for them for years and you still want get hired in full time. A terrible place to work at...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No opportunities to grow
Good cowarkers and management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Batesville, they have an environment conducive to learning new skills. The work flow was steady, and with a great team effort, was not overwhelming. Batesville encourages a culture of safety. Benefits and compensation were fair and competitive. Management was easy to talk to, they had an "open door" policy, they would listen to my concerns. The hardest part of the job for me was working night shift, which is the only shift available for that position.
Pros
Good coworkers, good management, steady work pace.
Cons
For me, working the night shift was the only con.
great place to work
Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 25, 2016
great company to work for with good benifets and great coworkers
when my mother was in a nursing home north of boston they allowed me to take my brakes and lunches to visit my mother by sceduling me to cover that area.The hardest part of the job was the early morning hours the start at 5am and the best part of the job was serviceing the funeral directors. I
Constant Backstabbing
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJune 27, 2016
Upper management constantly undermined the progress of their peers and made it a common practice to blame mismanagement on the supervisors below them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate equipment and machinery, improperly trained personnel in upper management.
Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 20, 2016
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons
is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
Busy heavy lifting
Warehouse Worker inventory driver (Former Employee) –  CharlotteAugust 30, 2016
Good job good benefits great drivers. Good management clean company. Occasional free breakfast and lunch. All around good co.
Pros
Good benefits great drivers good management
Cons
Hours were sometimes unavailable
A great place to work to continue advancement
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2016
A great company to work. The hours are long, but I have received a Stanford business degree in advance analyzing. I am glad that I have been part of the team.
Pros
Career advancement
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 27, 2016
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
working nights when i had a small child.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Pros
Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons
Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
Great Job Security
Customer Service - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 15, 2016
In this industry you never have to worry about going out of business. Working for this company allowed me the opportunity to learn about a completely new field.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
hard working fast paced factory environment
cap line associate/repairman (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 3, 2016
fast paced fabrication and finishing of caskets, many different jobs i.e. welding, automation, finish, paint hardware and more, was a good company with good benefits hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work dirty work lots of hours
Great Place to work
DCSC MULTI-SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
Batesville is a great place to work and the company promotes within. I have enjoyed every minute working here since my first day. There were some challenges learning everything about the company and my position but I did learn them. Employees of the company tend to stick around for 30 plus years because of the way Batesville treats it's employees. I don't have one bad word to say about this company.
Working at Batesville
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 5, 2016
I have worked at Batesville for around three years now. Since beginning at Batesville I have learned how to weld and fabricate multiple different metals. I enjoy working for this company. I also enjoy my co-workers and bosses.
Amazing place to work!
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
Everyday is different and exciting. I have received a Harvard Business education running my own Batesville business.
Batesville doesn't reward loyalty or hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSNovember 6, 2015
The Typical day at work included customer contact, pulling and loading orders, and logistics planning and delivery of caskets. I learned no matter how loyal or hardworking an employee you are you will not be promoted and Batesville will hire the most inexperienced and incompetent people to manage operations. I experienced workplace and racial harassment from a fellow employee that was late to work every day and left early every day and only half finished anything. Dealing with harassment was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers who were the nicest people that anyone could wish to know.
The CEO of Batesville is incompetent and constantly waste money because he has no experience bottom of the company.
Pros
meeting and dealing with customers
Cons
harassment
looking over your shoulder all the time
Driver, Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2015
Columbus service center.
if you dont know someone you will just get the roll over everyday. Managment is sneaky, unreliable and focused on themselves. No positive attitude and routing is horrible. I would stay as far away from the song and dance they will use to hire you
They could care less
Driver, CSR (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PASeptember 16, 2015
I started to work for them and got 2 nights training with 2 excellent men. The next day they made me go out by myself, 3 stops. Thankfully I have a GPS. The truck was horrible. It had broke down the day before. They screwed me big time. All I got told was they were putting out fires and no training was given. I quit because they don't adhere to DOT HOS rules. You have to wait til 6 p.m. to find out where you are going that night. No kind of job at least in Kutztown PA area.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
They don't train and no DOT awareness.
The Industry Leader
Multisite Manager - Tennessee & Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNSeptember 1, 2015
Fast-paced workplace with advancement potential.
Very politically driven.
Fantastic benefits package.
High turnover which has led to low bench strength company wide and a very poor work/life balance.
Hands down, the best product and customers in the industry.
Some of the greatest individuals you will ever work with.
Pros
Generous compensation, industry leader
Cons
Very poor work/life balance
ok place to work
Shell Assembler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 2, 2015
i enjoyed my time there.The only hard part was the long hours sometimes.It was about the coworkers around you if everyone was on the same page it was a good day i they wasnt it was a long day
Pros
pay, good benefits
Cons
fearing layoffs

2.9