Batesville Casket Company

Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 20, 2016
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons
is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
hard working fast paced factory environment
cap line associate/repairman (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 3, 2016
fast paced fabrication and finishing of caskets, many different jobs i.e. welding, automation, finish, paint hardware and more, was a good company with good benefits hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work dirty work lots of hours
The Industry Leader
Multisite Manager - Tennessee & Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNSeptember 1, 2015
Fast-paced workplace with advancement potential.
Very politically driven.
Fantastic benefits package.
High turnover which has led to low bench strength company wide and a very poor work/life balance.
Hands down, the best product and customers in the industry.
Some of the greatest individuals you will ever work with.
Pros
Generous compensation, industry leader
Cons
Very poor work/life balance
ok place to work
Shell Assembler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 2, 2015
i enjoyed my time there.The only hard part was the long hours sometimes.It was about the coworkers around you if everyone was on the same page it was a good day i they wasnt it was a long day
Pros
pay, good benefits
Cons
fearing layoffs
management don't gave a dam about there employees. Rules and regulations change day for day...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 20, 2016
Batesville Casket was a great place to work for about 7 years ago but brought new management in and the don't gave a dam about there employees..No opportunity for growth for there employees just work and if you can't you got to go they are just that frank with you...New management taken away all your bonuses and opportunity.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there because you're going to go in as a temp and you will work for them for years and you still want get hired in full time. A terrible place to work at...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No opportunities to grow
Good cowarkers and management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Batesville, they have an environment conducive to learning new skills. The work flow was steady, and with a great team effort, was not overwhelming. Batesville encourages a culture of safety. Benefits and compensation were fair and competitive. Management was easy to talk to, they had an "open door" policy, they would listen to my concerns. The hardest part of the job for me was working night shift, which is the only shift available for that position.
Pros
Good coworkers, good management, steady work pace.
Cons
For me, working the night shift was the only con.
Great Benefits
Yard Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 16, 2015
The benefits are the best I've ever seen offered from an employer and the human resources department is very knowledgeable and friendly regarding any employee concerns.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Pros
Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons
Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
great place to work
Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJuly 25, 2016
great company to work for with good benifets and great coworkers
when my mother was in a nursing home north of boston they allowed me to take my brakes and lunches to visit my mother by sceduling me to cover that area.The hardest part of the job was the early morning hours the start at 5am and the best part of the job was serviceing the funeral directors. I
GREAT COMPANY!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2015
I worked at Batesville for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed every minute of my time there. A typical day would be answering phones, doing data entry, expediting caskets if needed. We went through quite a bit of Management during my time there, but I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest part of the position was when a customer forgot to order a casket and they were waiting for our truck to deliver, we would have to expedite the casket very quickly to ensure it would be ready for the viewing or funeral. The pay and benefits were REALLY great! I would recommend this company to anyone!!
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
They will work you beyond your legal time limits.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
They do not care about the employees only getting the job done. Delivered caskets , Drove between 200-500 miles a day. Management did not stand behind their employees, quick to judge. Putting up with the inconsistent schedule. Meeting the Funeral Directors.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
Cons
No breaks at all. Rushed constantly, Micro-managed
Constant Backstabbing
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJune 27, 2016
Upper management constantly undermined the progress of their peers and made it a common practice to blame mismanagement on the supervisors below them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate equipment and machinery, improperly trained personnel in upper management.
Your fellow coworkers make the job fun!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Working in manufacturing is a learning experience. Keeping a production line running smoothly takes a team effort. Producing a quality product was my first and foremost goal and I achieved this goal daily (for 11 years)! My safety record was exemplary as was my attendance. I learned that people of very diverse backgrounds can work together to accomplish a task efficiently. Working with the Kaizan teams was very enlightening and served to increase my knowledge of line production quality by utilizing minimum effort, producing a product with high quality, with no wasted time/movement in the production process. Sometimes the job seemed robotic, but having great people working around you helped to make the time pass more enjoyably.
Pros
great pay, great benefits.
Cons
closed the production plant in campbellsville, ky in 1999.
A great place to work to continue advancement
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2016
A great company to work. The hours are long, but I have received a Stanford business degree in advance analyzing. I am glad that I have been part of the team.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Batesville doesn't reward loyalty or hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSNovember 6, 2015
The Typical day at work included customer contact, pulling and loading orders, and logistics planning and delivery of caskets. I learned no matter how loyal or hardworking an employee you are you will not be promoted and Batesville will hire the most inexperienced and incompetent people to manage operations. I experienced workplace and racial harassment from a fellow employee that was late to work every day and left early every day and only half finished anything. Dealing with harassment was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers who were the nicest people that anyone could wish to know.
The CEO of Batesville is incompetent and constantly waste money because he has no experience bottom of the company.
Pros
meeting and dealing with customers
Cons
harassment
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 27, 2016
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
working nights when i had a small child.
Seemed like a great opportunity but Batesville Human Resources takes too long and does not keep you informed, very unorganized.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NCMarch 13, 2015
Interview process was wonderful, written offer for employment was made and all seemed t be progressing well, slowly but well. Physical and drug test taken and worked out a notice with old employer only to have Batesville drag their feet over some minor health issue. I basically quit a job with benefits and wasted my time with no contact from them. Sixteen weeks over all and still waiting, Totally not professional...............
Great Place to work
DCSC MULTI-SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
Batesville is a great place to work and the company promotes within. I have enjoyed every minute working here since my first day. There were some challenges learning everything about the company and my position but I did learn them. Employees of the company tend to stick around for 30 plus years because of the way Batesville treats it's employees. I don't have one bad word to say about this company.
Great Place to work!!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville INMay 11, 2015
This company is the best I've worked for. You will work a lot of overtime, but the pay and benefits make it worth it. The staff and management work well together. And if you earn it and want you can advance.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Overtime
A typical day at work was spent on the floor, deep in the processes, making improvements, and assisting associates with the quality and process issues
Quality Manager / Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 3, 2013
The tenure is long in this organization. The hardest part of the job is getting through the multiple layers of management in order to accomplish a task. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team on process improvements and the customers in reducing the problems they experienced. I really believed in the Batesville Casket vision: Honoring the lives of those we love
Pros
benefits, pay, team members
Cons
engagement, culture, leadership