Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Stable Company
Customer Business Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN4 December 2017
This company is fair to their employees and constantly training them on various issues that have to do with H.R. issues and what they expect from them. They are a great company to work for
Pros
Treat everyone with respect
Awesome place & awesome people
Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN16 November 2017
Everything is going great and people are very friendly and approachable. Its a good company where we are expected to have great work ethics and contribute positively under all circumstances.
Buena empresa
Gerente de Materiales (Former Employee) –  Chihuahua, Chih.12 November 2017
Es muy buena empresa, muy estable y con oportunidad de mejora.
Requiere de de procedimientos de operaciĆ³n, para definir funciones y responsabilidades.
Existen oportunidades de liderazgo y en la cultura laboral existente
Pros
Empresa perteneciente a un mercado estable
Cons
Falta de procedimientos
Great work environment company is invested in their employees.
Technology Solutions Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN27 October 2017
I spent the whole summer working as an intern in their Technology solutions team. We serviced internal solutions and systems for the company and I was astonished that within the second day I was already started on my project that I was tasked with all summer. The team was amazing and very helpful with any new task I was trying to learn. The company is fully vested in developing talent from within and overall is a great place to work. Upper management has an open door policy and was more than willing to meet and talk about the company, their roles, and their impact/vision on the direction of the company.
Depressing Place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN23 October 2017
Push production, fire fighters and no team work. Quality resources sat in the office most of the day. Veteran supervisors knew everything and workers on the floor never involved with changes. Extremely dirty environment / atmosphere. Very depressing company to work for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
know it all managers, very dirty enviroment
Fast paced but fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 October 2017
I worked the night shift on the dock for a short time before relocating to another town. During my time, I enjoyed getting to learn the job and my manager was top notch. He was very patient and allowed me to learn all aspects of the job. The pay was good and the benefits were great.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Night Shift
Good work place
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN3 October 2017
I like working here been her 17 years driver for few months worked in plant before I became a driver good money a lot of night driving not much home time
productive
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS25 September 2017
satisfied but company left to go to Mexico, raised my family purchased my home hated to see them leave but blessed I was there for 24 years. before they decide to move there company
Pros
good pay
Cons
Learning about the business world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN20 September 2017
Typical day in our department started in the afternoon. I worked in a call center. Our job was to place orders for caskets, urns and custom shop. I learned that business is a tough job.
Pros
Interactions with people accross the country. Could move to different departments if qualifed, hired withinl.
Cons
10 hour days, worked weekend and holidays
Nice place to work, hate they jad to close!!
Rub operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS14 September 2017
Casket co.was a place place I enjoyed working. Well paid good benifits, just had to close because of bad business decisions I think. Enjoy my time there ..
Pros
Great pay, good work environment.
Cons
Built plant in mexico, kinda felt what was to come!!
Productive and good place to work
Control engineer and in charge of IT (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS5 September 2017
Relaxed place to work not high pressured. Good salary and great benefits. Great people to work with. Provided you with what you needed to do your job and be successful.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Non
Quick paced,competitive, family events,rewards and recognition
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  MS4 September 2017
Easy and short drive.inside work.safe work environment.provides safety protection.regular communication meetings alots of paid time off and all holidays with pay.clean environment.decent breaks and lunch time. Parking lots close to security entrance
Pros
Advancement
Cons
I really enjoyed my time there and if they hadn't close the doors I would be still there enjoying what I liked doing.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS30 August 2017
I enjoyed being a part of this great company, making a difference in people's lives. Being dedicated to my work and my peers. It was definitely a great learning experience. Seeing the different shapes and size caskets. It just really felt good being part of making our final resting place for our love One's. If I had a chance to do it all over again I would definitely jump at the chance.
Extremely production oriented for sales people
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR24 August 2017
The company expected the same performance from every area of the country which is not possible when the cremation rates range from only 35% in the Midwest to 90% on the coasts.
fun place
Kiln Operator Tech (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS7 August 2017
I worked for Batesville Casket for 29yr good place to work, I feel they could have better safety guide line, on point with fixing the problem before something happen.. Have something in plain for the worker that get hurt on the job, and off for a period of time,
worker that get hurt on the job there they let them go, i feel this is wrong. Over al its a great place to work, according to what department you are working in.
Pros
should keep cpmpany events for workers.
Cons
worker working long hours should get extra breaks.
Very depressing place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 August 2017
Building a product that the end result depended on death was very depressing. The company treated their employees very bad due to the employees reporting the company to the EEOC for poor treatment. I worked in the Batesville MS plant which closed last year.
a typical day at work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS30 July 2017
Batesville Casket Company was one of the top places to work in north MS. It was a very quick paced job. Unfortunately, this year the plant had its official closing.
Very advanced toward lean manufacturing
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN28 July 2017
Was a mid level manager in operations at two different plant locations. Pay and bonus structure was very good.

Competition between plants was fierce and prevented lack of best practices. This was eliminated when they change plant award competition.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Some what ruthless in management style
Productive place to work
Interior Installer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN3 July 2017
Friendly people, clean environment, face paced job. listens to music. Interior install does the interior installing of the caskets. that is linings foot guards, and big bodys
Just a very spooky company.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN15 May 2017
They were very cult-like.

Did not provide much freedom.

Micromanagement.

Unlisted terrible parts of a job.

No room for growth.

No room for real developmental connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.