Batesville Casket Company

Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 20, 2016
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons
is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
hard working fast paced factory environment
cap line associate/repairman (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 3, 2016
fast paced fabrication and finishing of caskets, many different jobs i.e. welding, automation, finish, paint hardware and more, was a good company with good benefits hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work dirty work lots of hours
The Industry Leader
Multisite Manager - Tennessee & Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNSeptember 1, 2015
Fast-paced workplace with advancement potential.
Very politically driven.
Fantastic benefits package.
High turnover which has led to low bench strength company wide and a very poor work/life balance.
Hands down, the best product and customers in the industry.
Some of the greatest individuals you will ever work with.
Pros
Generous compensation, industry leader
Cons
Very poor work/life balance
ok place to work
Shell Assembler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 2, 2015
i enjoyed my time there.The only hard part was the long hours sometimes.It was about the coworkers around you if everyone was on the same page it was a good day i they wasnt it was a long day
Pros
pay, good benefits
Cons
fearing layoffs
Great Benefits
Yard Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 16, 2015
The benefits are the best I've ever seen offered from an employer and the human resources department is very knowledgeable and friendly regarding any employee concerns.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Pros
Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons
Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
GREAT COMPANY!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2015
I worked at Batesville for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed every minute of my time there. A typical day would be answering phones, doing data entry, expediting caskets if needed. We went through quite a bit of Management during my time there, but I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest part of the position was when a customer forgot to order a casket and they were waiting for our truck to deliver, we would have to expedite the casket very quickly to ensure it would be ready for the viewing or funeral. The pay and benefits were REALLY great! I would recommend this company to anyone!!
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
They will work you beyond your legal time limits.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
They do not care about the employees only getting the job done. Delivered caskets , Drove between 200-500 miles a day. Management did not stand behind their employees, quick to judge. Putting up with the inconsistent schedule. Meeting the Funeral Directors.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
Cons
No breaks at all. Rushed constantly, Micro-managed
Batesville doesn't reward loyalty or hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSNovember 6, 2015
The Typical day at work included customer contact, pulling and loading orders, and logistics planning and delivery of caskets. I learned no matter how loyal or hardworking an employee you are you will not be promoted and Batesville will hire the most inexperienced and incompetent people to manage operations. I experienced workplace and racial harassment from a fellow employee that was late to work every day and left early every day and only half finished anything. Dealing with harassment was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers who were the nicest people that anyone could wish to know.
The CEO of Batesville is incompetent and constantly waste money because he has no experience bottom of the company.
Pros
meeting and dealing with customers
Cons
harassment
Your fellow coworkers make the job fun!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Working in manufacturing is a learning experience. Keeping a production line running smoothly takes a team effort. Producing a quality product was my first and foremost goal and I achieved this goal daily (for 11 years)! My safety record was exemplary as was my attendance. I learned that people of very diverse backgrounds can work together to accomplish a task efficiently. Working with the Kaizan teams was very enlightening and served to increase my knowledge of line production quality by utilizing minimum effort, producing a product with high quality, with no wasted time/movement in the production process. Sometimes the job seemed robotic, but having great people working around you helped to make the time pass more enjoyably.
Pros
great pay, great benefits.
Cons
closed the production plant in campbellsville, ky in 1999.
Seemed like a great opportunity but Batesville Human Resources takes too long and does not keep you informed, very unorganized.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NCMarch 13, 2015
Interview process was wonderful, written offer for employment was made and all seemed t be progressing well, slowly but well. Physical and drug test taken and worked out a notice with old employer only to have Batesville drag their feet over some minor health issue. I basically quit a job with benefits and wasted my time with no contact from them. Sixteen weeks over all and still waiting, Totally not professional...............
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 27, 2016
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
working nights when i had a small child.
Great Place to work
DCSC MULTI-SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
Batesville is a great place to work and the company promotes within. I have enjoyed every minute working here since my first day. There were some challenges learning everything about the company and my position but I did learn them. Employees of the company tend to stick around for 30 plus years because of the way Batesville treats it's employees. I don't have one bad word to say about this company.
Great Place to work!!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville INMay 11, 2015
This company is the best I've worked for. You will work a lot of overtime, but the pay and benefits make it worth it. The staff and management work well together. And if you earn it and want you can advance.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Overtime
Amazing place to work!
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
Everyday is different and exciting. I have received a Harvard Business education running my own Batesville business.
Working at Batesville
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 5, 2016
I have worked at Batesville for around three years now. Since beginning at Batesville I have learned how to weld and fabricate multiple different metals. I enjoy working for this company. I also enjoy my co-workers and bosses.
A typical day at work was spent on the floor, deep in the processes, making improvements, and assisting associates with the quality and process issues
Quality Manager / Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 3, 2013
The tenure is long in this organization. The hardest part of the job is getting through the multiple layers of management in order to accomplish a task. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team on process improvements and the customers in reducing the problems they experienced. I really believed in the Batesville Casket vision: Honoring the lives of those we love
Pros
benefits, pay, team members
Cons
engagement, culture, leadership
Busy work environment; good people
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 22, 2012
Rarely was there a "long" day at Batesville Casket! There was always plenty to keep me busy. Our IT department (internally known as BIS) juggled many projects to meet the strategic initiatives of the company and to provide excellent production support for our software. I was truly blessed to have worked with so many remarkable people. All displayed a terrific work ethic and true caring for one another. The hardest part of working there was the changing priorities (unavoidable in today's business environment). The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to work on challenging projects. I have learned so much by being open to projects outside my comfort zone. I believe that the critical role of good requirements is the most important thing I have learned.
Pros
excellent health care benefits, book club, quarterly (about) social gatherings
Production and life at Batesville Casket Co.
CNC Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 3, 2012
One of my favorite places of employment and I do miss it and would go back to work there in a heart beat. A typical day would be to start out with a brief meeting so that employees would know what was going on in the company and what to expect for the day. I learned a lot about team work and communication with others and how impotant that was and also learned a lot about the product and how and why you need to stay competitive. I do however think that management needs to work a little more on how they handled certain situtations and communication with employees and favortism. My co-workers was some of the best people I have ever worked with, willing to help others and very respectful to others. The hardest part of the job was being looked over for advancement and knowing their mind was made up before a posting was posted and having to leave there was extremely hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being part of the company overall and just knowing I was a part of producing some of the best caskets in the world and the special days they had just for employees and showing appreciation for the work you did as a whole.
Pros
free lunches and employee appreciation days, good ins and benefits
Cons
favortism
They could care less
Driver, CSR (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PASeptember 16, 2015
I started to work for them and got 2 nights training with 2 excellent men. The next day they made me go out by myself, 3 stops. Thankfully I have a GPS. The truck was horrible. It had broke down the day before. They screwed me big time. All I got told was they were putting out fires and no training was given. I quit because they don't adhere to DOT HOS rules. You have to wait til 6 p.m. to find out where you are going that night. No kind of job at least in Kutztown PA area.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
They don't train and no DOT awareness.