Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 October 2017
I worked the night shift on the dock for a short time before relocating to another town. During my time, I enjoyed getting to learn the job and my manager was top notch. He was very patient and allowed me to learn all aspects of the job. The pay was good and the benefits were great.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Night Shift
Good work place
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN3 October 2017
I like working here been her 17 years driver for few months worked in plant before I became a driver good money a lot of night driving not much home time
productive
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS25 September 2017
satisfied but company left to go to Mexico, raised my family purchased my home hated to see them leave but blessed I was there for 24 years. before they decide to move there company
Pros
good pay
Cons
Learning about the business world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN20 September 2017
Typical day in our department started in the afternoon. I worked in a call center. Our job was to place orders for caskets, urns and custom shop. I learned that business is a tough job.
Pros
Interactions with people accross the country. Could move to different departments if qualifed, hired withinl.
Cons
10 hour days, worked weekend and holidays
Nice place to work, hate they jad to close!!
Rub operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS14 September 2017
Casket co.was a place place I enjoyed working. Well paid good benifits, just had to close because of bad business decisions I think. Enjoy my time there ..
Pros
Great pay, good work environment.
Cons
Built plant in mexico, kinda felt what was to come!!
Productive and good place to work
Control engineer and in charge of IT (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS5 September 2017
Relaxed place to work not high pressured. Good salary and great benefits. Great people to work with. Provided you with what you needed to do your job and be successful.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Non
Quick paced,competitive, family events,rewards and recognition
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  MS4 September 2017
Easy and short drive.inside work.safe work environment.provides safety protection.regular communication meetings alots of paid time off and all holidays with pay.clean environment.decent breaks and lunch time. Parking lots close to security entrance
Pros
Advancement
Cons
I really enjoyed my time there and if they hadn't close the doors I would be still there enjoying what I liked doing.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS30 August 2017
I enjoyed being a part of this great company, making a difference in people's lives. Being dedicated to my work and my peers. It was definitely a great learning experience. Seeing the different shapes and size caskets. It just really felt good being part of making our final resting place for our love One's. If I had a chance to do it all over again I would definitely jump at the chance.
Extremely production oriented for sales people
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR24 August 2017
The company expected the same performance from every area of the country which is not possible when the cremation rates range from only 35% in the Midwest to 90% on the coasts.
fun place
Kiln Operator Tech (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS7 August 2017
I worked for Batesville Casket for 29yr good place to work, I feel they could have better safety guide line, on point with fixing the problem before something happen.. Have something in plain for the worker that get hurt on the job, and off for a period of time,
worker that get hurt on the job there they let them go, i feel this is wrong. Over al its a great place to work, according to what department you are working in.
Pros
should keep cpmpany events for workers.
Cons
worker working long hours should get extra breaks.
Very depressing place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 August 2017
Building a product that the end result depended on death was very depressing. The company treated their employees very bad due to the employees reporting the company to the EEOC for poor treatment. I worked in the Batesville MS plant which closed last year.
a typical day at work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS30 July 2017
Batesville Casket Company was one of the top places to work in north MS. It was a very quick paced job. Unfortunately, this year the plant had its official closing.
Very advanced toward lean manufacturing
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN28 July 2017
Was a mid level manager in operations at two different plant locations. Pay and bonus structure was very good.

Competition between plants was fierce and prevented lack of best practices. This was eliminated when they change plant award competition.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Some what ruthless in management style
Productive place to work
Interior Installer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN3 July 2017
Friendly people, clean environment, face paced job. listens to music. Interior install does the interior installing of the caskets. that is linings foot guards, and big bodys
Just a very spooky company.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN15 May 2017
They were very cult-like.

Did not provide much freedom.

Micromanagement.

Unlisted terrible parts of a job.

No room for growth.

No room for real developmental connections.
I have enjoyed my years at Batesville, but Welding is something I love to do.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS10 May 2017
In my 21 years at Batesville it has been a joyest experience.Although I am desiring a career change which is being a Welder,and for this reason I will have to seak employment with a different company.
The company has lost its focus.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FL11 April 2017
When I started with the company, the sky was the limit. Many associates had moved up to management positions, some even making it to the executive level. For years logistics had been labeled the back bone and face of the company. Those days are over. Instead of promoting from within, the company hires outside candidates. Most of these outside candidates know nothing of the industry or the customers that we serve. Instead of treating logistics as a vital part of the company, we are told to be thankful we have a job. And if one of us is terminated, they are replaced with part time, no benefits employees. There used to be pride in what we do.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Too numerous to list
Productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS24 March 2017
A work day included being able to have a continuous work flow to meet the standards. I learned and developed knowledge of hazardous waste training. The management was helpful and informative. The hardest part of this job was inhaling the dust from the sanding, in which I had to take another position because of asthma. The most enjoyable part of this job was the experience I received.
Pros
incentives when they were present
Cons
cuts in incentives
An amazing place to work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN20 March 2017
I have only worked here a short time, but feel as though i have been here forever. The associates are helpful, kind, and informative. I recommend this company to anybody that would like to succeed.
Pros
Free Coffe, tea, ice, water, wellness clinic, great benefits
Cons
Parking can be an issue at times.
A Truly good company to have a career
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carolinas2 February 2017
Batesville is a subsidiary of Hillenbrand which if you do a little research is a very large company that has holdings in the medical equipment field as well as the material handing & processing field. Batesville is VERY important to Hillenbrand for one major reason. CASH FLOW. Batesville is Hillenbrand's ATM therefore a full-time employee can expect very good benefits and an industry standard pay scale. The logistics part of the company can be intense with long work hours and for the newest hires a floating work schedule. Expect to work weekends and holidays. The work culture is serious, safety conscience, friendly, helpful and respectful. If you show up when expected, complete your route in the time allotted and have a friendly disposition you should do well but if you are not a team oriented employee you should look elsewhere for employment. The majority of the drivers and management at the location where I work have been with Batesville for over ten years and a few have twenty plus years with the company. A very good sign for job security and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Plenty of work hours & great benefits such as 401 K, health insurance
Cons
The fleet is old and it shows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.