Batesville Casket Company

Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee), Manchester, TNApril 27, 2016
Pros: It was a great place to work
Cons: working nights when i had a small child.
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Amazing place to work!
General Manager Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
Everyday is different and exciting. I have received a Harvard Business education running my own Batesville business.
Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee), Manchester, TNMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons: is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee), Kutztown, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons: Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Working at Batesville
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, TNFebruary 5, 2016
I have worked at Batesville for around three years now. Since beginning at Batesville I have learned how to weld and fabricate multiple different metals. I enjoy working for this company. I also enjoy my co-workers and bosses.
Great Place to work
DCSC MULTI-SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
Batesville is a great place to work and the company promotes within. I have enjoyed every minute working here since my first day. There were some challenges learning everything about the company and my position but I did learn them. Employees of the company tend to stick around for 30 plus years because of the way Batesville treats it's employees. I don't have one bad word to say about this company.
Great benefits and great people
Assemble Line Worker (Former Employee), Batesville, MSDecember 7, 2015
I absolutely adore this company. It was a great experience for my family and I. The only thing was, work was slow, so I had to get laid off.
Great Benefits
Yard Assistant (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSNovember 16, 2015
The benefits are the best I've ever seen offered from an employer and the human resources department is very knowledgeable and friendly regarding any employee concerns.
Batesville doesn't reward loyalty or hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, MSNovember 6, 2015
Pros: meeting and dealing with customers
Cons: harassment
The Typical day at work included customer contact, pulling and loading orders, and logistics planning and delivery of caskets. I learned no matter how loyal or hardworking an employee you are you will not be promoted and Batesville will hire the most inexperienced and incompetent people to manage operations. I experienced workplace and racial harassment from a fellow employee that was late to work every day and left early every day and only half finished anything. Dealing with harassment was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers who were the nicest people that anyone could wish to know.
The CEO of Batesville is incompetent and constantly waste money because he has no experience bottom of the company.
ok place to work
Shell Assembler (Former Employee), Batesville, MSNovember 2, 2015
Pros: pay, good benefits
Cons: fearing layoffs
i enjoyed my time there.The only hard part was the long hours sometimes.It was about the coworkers around you if everyone was on the same page it was a good day i they wasnt it was a long day
looking over your shoulder all the time
Driver, Customer service rep (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2015
Columbus service center.
if you dont know someone you will just get the roll over everyday. Managment is sneaky, unreliable and focused on themselves. No positive attitude and routing is horrible. I would stay as far away from the song and dance they will use to hire you
building caskets
building caskets (Former Employee), batesville msOctober 23, 2015
Pros: some times i didnt take a lunch
Cons: short brakes
i enjoyed the 13 years i spent at casket. i met alot of friendly people that i got alone with very well i miss and enjoyed my job.
They could care less
Driver, CSR (Former Employee), Kutztown, PASeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Money is good
Cons: They don't train and no DOT awareness.
I started to work for them and got 2 nights training with 2 excellent men. The next day they made me go out by myself, 3 stops. Thankfully I have a GPS. The truck was horrible. It had broke down the day before. They screwed me big time. All I got told was they were putting out fires and no training was given. I quit because they don't adhere to DOT HOS rules. You have to wait til 6 p.m. to find out where you are going that night. No kind of job at least in Kutztown PA area.
The Industry Leader
Multisite Manager - Tennessee & Kentucky (Current Employee), Manchester, TNSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Generous compensation, industry leader
Cons: Very poor work/life balance
Fast-paced workplace with advancement potential.
Very politically driven.
Fantastic benefits package.
High turnover which has led to low bench strength company wide and a very poor work/life balance.
Hands down, the best product and customers in the industry.
Some of the greatest individuals you will ever work with.
it was a paycheck
machine operator (Former Employee), Batesville, Ms.July 21, 2015
I did not mind the hard work,but the management could have been a little more concerned about their employees. The hardest part of the job was being around people that care more about the product than the people. The most enjoyable part was working hard and knowing that I can do the job and the paycheck.
Family Oriented
Anonymous (Current Employee), Batesville, INJuly 10, 2015
No issues when family needs came up, decent pay, advancement is VERY difficult and its all in who you know. Not rewarded for extra projects unless you know someone higher up.
They will work you beyond your legal time limits.
Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
Cons: No breaks at all. Rushed constantly, Micro-managed
They do not care about the employees only getting the job done. Delivered caskets , Drove between 200-500 miles a day. Management did not stand behind their employees, quick to judge. Putting up with the inconsistent schedule. Meeting the Funeral Directors.
it was hard work but really good
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Manchester, TNJune 8, 2015
I leaned how to weld a lot better and how to weld on thin stuff everyone was a lot of help and really teach me a lot wish could worked more
Team Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Management Listens
Cons: Could have to work on the holidays
The company is not afraid to allow an individual to learn as much as possible and take on new challenges. Management listens to their employees and cares what they have to say.
Great Place to work!!!
Associate (Former Employee), Batesville INMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Pay
Cons: Overtime
This company is the best I've worked for. You will work a lot of overtime, but the pay and benefits make it worth it. The staff and management work well together. And if you earn it and want you can advance.
Headquarters