Batesville Casket Company

Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Continuous Improvement / Interim Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS8 November 2016
Due to recent changes in the market, the facility where I am currently working is closing. The company is doing a fantastic job in suporting the workforce during this transition. This has been a fantastic company in which to work. There are many great people that work at all of the operating facilities and in the logistics network. The benefits are excellent, and there is a good culture to work in.
Don't even try to "fit in" - they'll kick you to the curb.
Options Technician (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PA8 September 2016
I worked here for 6 months, and the people I had to work with were extremely negative about the company and the working conditions. They were also very sarcastic and crude with their jokes, and general conversation. Attempting to assimilate with this culture caused a general dislike towards me, and my eventual dismissal. I would say that I found an appreciation for many of their employees, but that was not reciprocated.
Pros
Occasional doughnuts or a outdoor BBQ
Cons
Sarcastic comments about your break times, or etc, etc.
management don't gave a dam about there employees. Rules and regulations change day for day...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS20 August 2016
Batesville Casket was a great place to work for about 7 years ago but brought new management in and the don't gave a dam about there employees..No opportunity for growth for there employees just work and if you can't you got to go they are just that frank with you...New management taken away all your bonuses and opportunity.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there because you're going to go in as a temp and you will work for them for years and you still want get hired in full time. A terrible place to work at...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No opportunities to grow
It has been a good job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS28 November 2016
Batesville Casket is demanding, but rewarding. The challenges have been generally attainable, but not easy to reach. Compensation has been based on performance! We've had a great team in place and accomplished a great deal. There has been a good deal of thought given to problem solving.
Pros
Rewarding tasks
Cons
Work-life balance is sometimes skewed
great place to work
Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI25 July 2016
great company to work for with good benifets and great coworkers
when my mother was in a nursing home north of boston they allowed me to take my brakes and lunches to visit my mother by sceduling me to cover that area.The hardest part of the job was the early morning hours the start at 5am and the best part of the job was serviceing the funeral directors. I
Cons
great place to work no job security always speaking of layoff
operator, inspector and repair (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 October 2016
A great work place, plenty family time had picnics for the family sometimes at the zoo, worked with you on sick days or future doctor appts never forced overtime if so for only a day or couple hours over
Pros
family oriented
Cons
always laying off
Good cowarkers and management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL6 July 2016
I enjoyed my time at Batesville, they have an environment conducive to learning new skills. The work flow was steady, and with a great team effort, was not overwhelming. Batesville encourages a culture of safety. Benefits and compensation were fair and competitive. Management was easy to talk to, they had an "open door" policy, they would listen to my concerns. The hardest part of the job for me was working night shift, which is the only shift available for that position.
Pros
Good coworkers, good management, steady work pace.
Cons
For me, working the night shift was the only con.
Was a great experience in learning extremely fast pace work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN15 September 2016
A typical day at work all depended on who was out. My job consisted of doing a job that someone was absent. I did all different jobs in my department. There was a lot of great people to work with and then you also had those whom where difficult to work with. Those are the ones you just had to learn to deal with to make the day better and smooth. You learn to deal with a difficult person with time and working with them on a daily bases. The hardest part of the job was going in everyday with the unexpected. I never knew what job I'd be placed on for the day and some jobs where a little harder than others. But it wasn't anything I couldn't do or deal with. The best part of the job was knowing no matter what I did I knew I could give it my all and get through my day with my head held high. I also enjoyed the fast pace and multi-tasking jobs. Made the day go by smooth and fast.
Pros
great money
Cons
most management
Productive but harder work enviroment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN21 October 2016
Batesville casket. Company is a good place to work,however it is a ver hard company to get hired on at.I loved the job work was a little hard,but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Management kinda chose favorites and hard to get hired on.
Good work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS1 November 2016
Batesville is a good place to work. They offer a good benefit program (price increases every year however) and great compensation. There are plenty of great people working here. I would recommend them.
Cons
Continue to move products out of the country
good work environment, good benifits, good people
primersrayer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN9 December 2016
Great place to work for job stability, good pay and benefits. Great people to work with and for. Chances to advance, and to learn different jobs. Would recommend to any one needing job
Busy heavy lifting
Warehouse Worker inventory driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte30 August 2016
Good job good benefits great drivers. Good management clean company. Occasional free breakfast and lunch. All around good co.
Pros
Good benefits great drivers good management
Cons
Hours were sometimes unavailable
A great place to work to continue advancement
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA14 August 2016
A great company to work. The hours are long, but I have received a Stanford business degree in advance analyzing. I am glad that I have been part of the team.
Pros
Career advancement
Constant Backstabbing
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN27 June 2016
Upper management constantly undermined the progress of their peers and made it a common practice to blame mismanagement on the supervisors below them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate equipment and machinery, improperly trained personnel in upper management.
Great People
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS7 November 2016
Enjoyed a welcoming atmosphere. Was like being part of a family. Wellness clinic was a huge plus. Good clean working environment.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Closing
Very Productive, Great Atmosphere, New things to learn on a tradition
Temp2Hire (MULTIPLE AREAS WORKED) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN20 March 2016
I worked at Batesville last year through a temp company. Long story short. I had to leave due to illness. Batesville is a wonderful place. Union based is always a plus.I will go back there soon as possible and if you want more bang for your buck, I would suggest you do the same.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Lean Manufacturing, Awesome people.Awesome benefits
Cons
is a smokefree facilitiy. thats it
A great place to work
Absentee Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN27 April 2016
A typical day for me was not knowing where i would work everyday. I liked doing different jobs everyday. I could be driving a forklift one day and the next running a machine to sewing.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
working nights when i had a small child.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Lead - Personalization Department (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PA15 February 2016
Most management tried to couch you and help to succeed.
Always learning new things which makes the job interesting
Lots of challenges and with the good team we had most of the time we could turn them in a good learning situation.
Most people were team workers and worker hard, took pride in there finished product.
Pros
Working with customers and completeing a high quality product.
Cons
Not enough people trained to fill in when our dept. was short workers.
Great Job Security
Customer Service - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN15 May 2016
In this industry you never have to worry about going out of business. Working for this company allowed me the opportunity to learn about a completely new field.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
hard working fast paced factory environment
cap line associate/repairman (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN3 March 2016
fast paced fabrication and finishing of caskets, many different jobs i.e. welding, automation, finish, paint hardware and more, was a good company with good benefits hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work dirty work lots of hours