Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS24 March 2017
A work day included being able to have a continuous work flow to meet the standards. I learned and developed knowledge of hazardous waste training. The management was helpful and informative. The hardest part of this job was inhaling the dust from the sanding, in which I had to take another position because of asthma. The most enjoyable part of this job was the experience I received.
Pros
incentives when they were present
Cons
cuts in incentives
An amazing place to work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN20 March 2017
I have only worked here a short time, but feel as though i have been here forever. The associates are helpful, kind, and informative. I recommend this company to anybody that would like to succeed.
Pros
Free Coffe, tea, ice, water, wellness clinic, great benefits
Cons
Parking can be an issue at times.
A Truly good company to have a career
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carolinas2 February 2017
Batesville is a subsidiary of Hillenbrand which if you do a little research is a very large company that has holdings in the medical equipment field as well as the material handing & processing field. Batesville is VERY important to Hillenbrand for one major reason. CASH FLOW. Batesville is Hillenbrand's ATM therefore a full-time employee can expect very good benefits and an industry standard pay scale. The logistics part of the company can be intense with long work hours and for the newest hires a floating work schedule. Expect to work weekends and holidays. The work culture is serious, safety conscience, friendly, helpful and respectful. If you show up when expected, complete your route in the time allotted and have a friendly disposition you should do well but if you are not a team oriented employee you should look elsewhere for employment. The majority of the drivers and management at the location where I work have been with Batesville for over ten years and a few have twenty plus years with the company. A very good sign for job security and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Plenty of work hours & great benefits such as 401 K, health insurance
Cons
The fleet is old and it shows
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS27 January 2017
Great place to work. People are very nice and friendly great benefits.
The hours are good and the company as a whole is warm and inviting. Management is very nice, friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the work in process.
Great People to Work With
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS4 January 2017
Batesville Casket Company is a very good place to work , very family oriented. It's very interesting to see how a single piece of wood end up becoming a whole casket.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Jobs move to Mexico
good work but not much room for advancement
Options Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN16 December 2016
relaxed work environment that was not hard to fit in. management was not too interested in your long term goals. Work is a bit more physical than I would expect,
good work environment, good benifits, good people
primersrayer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN9 December 2016
Great place to work for job stability, good pay and benefits. Great people to work with and for. Chances to advance, and to learn different jobs. Would recommend to any one needing job
Production fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN2 December 2016
A typical day at work not a fun place to work but the pay is good work is hard and a lot of drama on the work floor decent vacation time
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours
Cons
Some of the ppl
It has been a good job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS28 November 2016
Batesville Casket is demanding, but rewarding. The challenges have been generally attainable, but not easy to reach. Compensation has been based on performance! We've had a great team in place and accomplished a great deal. There has been a good deal of thought given to problem solving.
Pros
Rewarding tasks
Cons
Work-life balance is sometimes skewed
Continuous Improvement / Interim Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS8 November 2016
Due to recent changes in the market, the facility where I am currently working is closing. The company is doing a fantastic job in suporting the workforce during this transition. This has been a fantastic company in which to work. There are many great people that work at all of the operating facilities and in the logistics network. The benefits are excellent, and there is a good culture to work in.

Want to know more about Batesville Casket Company?

Ask a question
Great People
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS7 November 2016
Enjoyed a welcoming atmosphere. Was like being part of a family. Wellness clinic was a huge plus. Good clean working environment.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Closing
Good work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS1 November 2016
Batesville is a good place to work. They offer a good benefit program (price increases every year however) and great compensation. There are plenty of great people working here. I would recommend them.
Cons
Continue to move products out of the country
Productive but harder work enviroment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN21 October 2016
Batesville casket. Company is a good place to work,however it is a ver hard company to get hired on at.I loved the job work was a little hard,but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Management kinda chose favorites and hard to get hired on.
great place to work no job security always speaking of layoff
operator, inspector and repair (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 October 2016
A great work place, plenty family time had picnics for the family sometimes at the zoo, worked with you on sick days or future doctor appts never forced overtime if so for only a day or couple hours over
Pros
family oriented
Cons
always laying off
Was a great experience in learning extremely fast pace work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN15 September 2016
A typical day at work all depended on who was out. My job consisted of doing a job that someone was absent. I did all different jobs in my department. There was a lot of great people to work with and then you also had those whom where difficult to work with. Those are the ones you just had to learn to deal with to make the day better and smooth. You learn to deal with a difficult person with time and working with them on a daily bases. The hardest part of the job was going in everyday with the unexpected. I never knew what job I'd be placed on for the day and some jobs where a little harder than others. But it wasn't anything I couldn't do or deal with. The best part of the job was knowing no matter what I did I knew I could give it my all and get through my day with my head held high. I also enjoyed the fast pace and multi-tasking jobs. Made the day go by smooth and fast.
Pros
great money
Cons
most management
Don't even try to "fit in" - they'll kick you to the curb.
Options Technician (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PA8 September 2016
I worked here for 6 months, and the people I had to work with were extremely negative about the company and the working conditions. They were also very sarcastic and crude with their jokes, and general conversation. Attempting to assimilate with this culture caused a general dislike towards me, and my eventual dismissal. I would say that I found an appreciation for many of their employees, but that was not reciprocated.
Pros
Occasional doughnuts or a outdoor BBQ
Cons
Sarcastic comments about your break times, or etc, etc.
Busy heavy lifting
Warehouse Worker inventory driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte30 August 2016
Good job good benefits great drivers. Good management clean company. Occasional free breakfast and lunch. All around good co.
Pros
Good benefits great drivers good management
Cons
Hours were sometimes unavailable
management don't gave a dam about there employees. Rules and regulations change day for day...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS20 August 2016
Batesville Casket was a great place to work for about 7 years ago but brought new management in and the don't gave a dam about there employees..No opportunity for growth for there employees just work and if you can't you got to go they are just that frank with you...New management taken away all your bonuses and opportunity.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there because you're going to go in as a temp and you will work for them for years and you still want get hired in full time. A terrible place to work at...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No opportunities to grow
A great place to work to continue advancement
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA14 August 2016
A great company to work. The hours are long, but I have received a Stanford business degree in advance analyzing. I am glad that I have been part of the team.
Pros
Career advancement
great place to work
Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI25 July 2016
great company to work for with good benifets and great coworkers
when my mother was in a nursing home north of boston they allowed me to take my brakes and lunches to visit my mother by sceduling me to cover that area.The hardest part of the job was the early morning hours the start at 5am and the best part of the job was serviceing the funeral directors. I
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.