Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Very depressing place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS2 August 2017
Building a product that the end result depended on death was very depressing. The company treated their employees very bad due to the employees reporting the company to the EEOC for poor treatment. I worked in the Batesville MS plant which closed last year.
a typical day at work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS30 July 2017
Batesville Casket Company was one of the top places to work in north MS. It was a very quick paced job. Unfortunately, this year the plant had its official closing.
Very advanced toward lean manufacturing
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN28 July 2017
Was a mid level manager in operations at two different plant locations. Pay and bonus structure was very good.

Competition between plants was fierce and prevented lack of best practices. This was eliminated when they change plant award competition.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Some what ruthless in management style
Productive place to work
Interior Installer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN3 July 2017
Friendly people, clean environment, face paced job. listens to music. Interior install does the interior installing of the caskets. that is linings foot guards, and big bodys
Just a very spooky company.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN15 May 2017
They were very cult-like.

Did not provide much freedom.

Micromanagement.

Unlisted terrible parts of a job.

No room for growth.

No room for real developmental connections.
I have enjoyed my years at Batesville, but Welding is something I love to do.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS10 May 2017
In my 21 years at Batesville it has been a joyest experience.Although I am desiring a career change which is being a Welder,and for this reason I will have to seak employment with a different company.
The company has lost its focus.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FL11 April 2017
When I started with the company, the sky was the limit. Many associates had moved up to management positions, some even making it to the executive level. For years logistics had been labeled the back bone and face of the company. Those days are over. Instead of promoting from within, the company hires outside candidates. Most of these outside candidates know nothing of the industry or the customers that we serve. Instead of treating logistics as a vital part of the company, we are told to be thankful we have a job. And if one of us is terminated, they are replaced with part time, no benefits employees. There used to be pride in what we do.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Too numerous to list
Productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS24 March 2017
A work day included being able to have a continuous work flow to meet the standards. I learned and developed knowledge of hazardous waste training. The management was helpful and informative. The hardest part of this job was inhaling the dust from the sanding, in which I had to take another position because of asthma. The most enjoyable part of this job was the experience I received.
Pros
incentives when they were present
Cons
cuts in incentives
An amazing place to work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN20 March 2017
I have only worked here a short time, but feel as though i have been here forever. The associates are helpful, kind, and informative. I recommend this company to anybody that would like to succeed.
Pros
Free Coffe, tea, ice, water, wellness clinic, great benefits
Cons
Parking can be an issue at times.
A Truly good company to have a career
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carolinas2 February 2017
Batesville is a subsidiary of Hillenbrand which if you do a little research is a very large company that has holdings in the medical equipment field as well as the material handing & processing field. Batesville is VERY important to Hillenbrand for one major reason. CASH FLOW. Batesville is Hillenbrand's ATM therefore a full-time employee can expect very good benefits and an industry standard pay scale. The logistics part of the company can be intense with long work hours and for the newest hires a floating work schedule. Expect to work weekends and holidays. The work culture is serious, safety conscience, friendly, helpful and respectful. If you show up when expected, complete your route in the time allotted and have a friendly disposition you should do well but if you are not a team oriented employee you should look elsewhere for employment. The majority of the drivers and management at the location where I work have been with Batesville for over ten years and a few have twenty plus years with the company. A very good sign for job security and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Plenty of work hours & great benefits such as 401 K, health insurance
Cons
The fleet is old and it shows

Want to know more about Batesville Casket Company?

Ask a question
Announcer (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS27 January 2017
Great place to work. People are very nice and friendly great benefits.
The hours are good and the company as a whole is warm and inviting. Management is very nice, friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the work in process.
Great People to Work With
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS4 January 2017
Batesville Casket Company is a very good place to work , very family oriented. It's very interesting to see how a single piece of wood end up becoming a whole casket.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Jobs move to Mexico
good work but not much room for advancement
Options Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN16 December 2016
relaxed work environment that was not hard to fit in. management was not too interested in your long term goals. Work is a bit more physical than I would expect,
good work environment, good benifits, good people
primersrayer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN9 December 2016
Great place to work for job stability, good pay and benefits. Great people to work with and for. Chances to advance, and to learn different jobs. Would recommend to any one needing job
Production fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN2 December 2016
A typical day at work not a fun place to work but the pay is good work is hard and a lot of drama on the work floor decent vacation time
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours
Cons
Some of the ppl
It has been a good job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS28 November 2016
Batesville Casket is demanding, but rewarding. The challenges have been generally attainable, but not easy to reach. Compensation has been based on performance! We've had a great team in place and accomplished a great deal. There has been a good deal of thought given to problem solving.
Pros
Rewarding tasks
Cons
Work-life balance is sometimes skewed
Continuous Improvement / Interim Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS8 November 2016
Due to recent changes in the market, the facility where I am currently working is closing. The company is doing a fantastic job in suporting the workforce during this transition. This has been a fantastic company in which to work. There are many great people that work at all of the operating facilities and in the logistics network. The benefits are excellent, and there is a good culture to work in.
Great People
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS7 November 2016
Enjoyed a welcoming atmosphere. Was like being part of a family. Wellness clinic was a huge plus. Good clean working environment.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Closing
Good work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MS1 November 2016
Batesville is a good place to work. They offer a good benefit program (price increases every year however) and great compensation. There are plenty of great people working here. I would recommend them.
Cons
Continue to move products out of the country
Productive but harder work enviroment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN21 October 2016
Batesville casket. Company is a good place to work,however it is a ver hard company to get hired on at.I loved the job work was a little hard,but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Management kinda chose favorites and hard to get hired on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.