Job Opportunity: Salesforce Configuration Implementation Expert
BasicGov develops and sells applications that serve the rapidly expanding market for cloud computing solutions for state and local government. BasicGov has been in the news lately as a result of our partnership with SalesForce.com, a Fortune 1000 corporation that is aggressively pursuing the public sector in the US market. We have recently won a number of deals through our partnership with SalesForce, including a major state and we are expanding our team here in Vancouver to meet growing demand.
Our solution helps governments manage their revenue and improve communications with citizens and business. We are hiring a Salesforce Configuration Implementation Expert to join our team.
About the Opportunity:
BasicGov is looking for a Salesforce Configuration Implementation Expert, to apply business logic to solve customer problems while engaging with stakeholders who have a wide range of technical ability. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to expand his or her knowledge of the most popular cloud computing platform in the world.
Do you think like an end-user? As a Salesforce Configuration Implementation Expert for BasicGov, you will work collaboratively with customers and partners to apply business workflow and design to the BasicGov AppExchange solution on Force.com. Basicgov utilizes the Force.com platform to build applications for government customers, so a command of the standard Salesforce configuration tools are a must.
The ideal candidate will have Salesforce configuration experience and project management skills to manage the full life cycle of small to large size projects (25-500 seats).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with business analysis teams (internal and external) and customers to configure BasicGov to documented requirements
- Configure applications to meet business requirements and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies
- Determine, document and communicate user and system requirements, processes and standard procedures
- Utilize project management skills to manage the full life cycle of small to medium sized projects
- Communicate project and task status to the team, leadership and key stakeholders
- Provide training of users at all levels in environments ranging from 1-on-1 to medium sized (30-40) groups
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to client through configuration walkthroughs, desk-side coaching and review of project hand-off documentation
- Execute solution design activities such as data mapping, object modeling, page layout design and rule logic definition in context of Salesforce application
- Setup, configure and optimize the Salesforce solution remotely and at client locations including system configuration, reports, dashboards, workflows, external system integrations and more
- Assist and support client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts and execute go-live deployment
- Review, analyze, evaluate, and document business systems and user requirements
- Apply business analysis, organizational and technical skills to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures
- Provide Tier 2 support for the customer success team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Technical Diploma (minimum) or Degree in Computer Sciences preferred
- 2+ years SalesForce configuration experience
- 2+ years project management experience
- Proficiency in MS Access
- Experience in end-user training and documentation
- Experience with end user support
- Experience interfacing with development and QA teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Critical & analytical thinker
- Exceptional attention to detail forward thinking skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to be flexible and manage change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel 15-25% in North America is required
- Salesforce Certified Administrator is an asset
- PMP certification is an asset
NOTE: As BasicGov works directly with government agencies, we will require a criminal record check for all successful candidates as part of our recruitment process. BasicGov is a drug-free workplace.
We are a small company, but we’re growing fast. Every person we hire is very important part of team that is built on mutual respect and collaboration. It’s an exciting time and we’re looking for great people to join our amazing team. Please send your resume and cover letter today.
We thank all candidates that apply, but advise that only those that have been selected for next steps will be contacted.
BasicGov Systems, Inc. develops, sells and supports web-based software for cities, counties, state governments and government agencies to streamline permitting and inspections, code enforcement, planning, licensing and citizen access. BasicGov is a reliable, secure solution delivered for an affordable price and the only web-based software for local governments built on the Salesforce.com Force.com platform, the backbone of cloud computing solutions used by more than 100,000 organizations worldwide. Unlike enterprise software that is expensive to acquire and difficult to implement, BasicGov requires no capital investment and is easy to set up. www.basicgov.com.