BasicGov develops and sells applications that serve the massively expanding universe of cloud computing solutions for state and local government. BasicGov has been in the news lately as a result of our partnership with SalesForce.com, who has been aggressively pursuing the public sector in the US market. We have recently won a number of deals through our partnership with SalesForce, including a major state recently, and we are expanding our team here in Vancouver.
Our solution, which is on the SalesForce AppExchange helps government manage their revenue and improve government communications with citizens and business. We need a Junior Web Developer & Release Analyst to work on these high value tools that improve government and business interactions.
About the Opportunity:
BasicGov is looking for a Junior Web Developer & Release Analyst with an emphasis on data expertise. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to expand his or her knowledge of the most popular cloud computing platform in the world.
Working in an agile development environment, you will own the validation and release stage of each project. After testing, you will configure and package the released code for a specific customer and deploy into specific environments.
Do you think like an end-user? As a developer for BasicGov, you will work collaboratively with the development and customer implementation team to test, accept and release packaged code into customer environments: you will own the release. You will also analyze our customers data and design a conversion plan to advise on best data practices; all the while thinking about how the end-user will be affected and benefit from your work.
The ideal candidate will have QA, database, and some user support experience. You enjoy working with data and seeing how it’s all related and can imagine how it can fit into an existing data model. You are comfortable writing SQL queries and unit test cases. You like to see how things work and how you can break it down by exploring the edges of behavior. You can easily imagine how a user will interact with a web page and cater it to their experience.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Liaison between implementation and development leading QA
- Acting as a technical resource for writing data plans
- QA and release management
- Querying, exporting and transforming data for import
- Tier 3 support
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- University Graduate, Computers Science or Computer Engineering
- 1+ years SQL and 6+ months of QA experience of web applications or websites
- Strong debugging skills in a web environment
- Strong command of the test process, validation stage and deployment of a project
- Experience writing test plans
- User Support debug/diagnosis
- Experience writing database queries (SQL)
- Experience with end User Support
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Analytical thinker
- Exceptional forward thinking and attention to detail skills
- Good project management skills
- The ability to be flexible and manage change
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Writing unit test cases in a programming language
- MS Access, Excel, csv files
- Knowledge of ETL systems
- Salesforce administration, setup and configuration
NOTE: As BasicGov works directly with government agencies, we will require a criminal record check for all successful candidates as part of our recruitment process. BasicGov is a drug-free workplace.
We are a small company, but we’re growing fast. Every person we hire is very important part of team that is built on mutual respect and collaboration. It’s an exciting time and we’re looking for great people to join our amazing team.
Please send your resume and cover letter. Please be sure to indicate in your cover letter some of the key risks that you have handled in past code deployments.
We thank all candidates that apply, but advise that only those that have been selected for next steps will be contacted.
BasicGov Systems, Inc. develops, sells and supports web-based software for cities, counties, state governments and government agencies to streamline permitting and inspections, code enforcement, planning, licensing and citizen access. BasicGov is a reliable, secure solution delivered for an affordable price and the only web-based software for local governments built on the Salesforce.com Force.com platform, the backbone of cloud computing solutions used by more than 100,000 organizations worldwide. Unlike enterprise software that is expensive to acquire and difficult to implement, BasicGov requires no capital investment and is easy to set up. www.basicgov.com.