BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good starting place....
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen am RheinJune 10, 2013
Dealt with a high volume of B2B Sales initiatives, from clients across the country. Managed accounts, negotiations, placing orders for my region.
A typical fortune 500 company
Account Manager - Central Region (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2012
-Phone blitz seeking appt. in the morning and cold call in the afternoon
-Varies product line from computer related to enduser product.
-Top management constant demonstrate fairness to all staff.
-Good relation with all other department including US counterpart..
- I always try to achieve my monthly quota at the end of the third week
-Management acknowledge – more... the job well done. – less
Colour matcher intern
Intern/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Missisauga, ONOctober 25, 2012
Worked with a great team on big projects for Toyota and Import Fest. Great career builder.
loved the work and customers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good work conditions
Cons: management is absent
Communication with management is absent, some of them have a second job, example, my ex superior is a real estate agent... it is now known within the company so co worker just dont care anymore, some others are doing the same taking advantage of the expense accounts, car, gas, time of the company to fulfill the other occupations, it is sad to see.
BASF- A great place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: company culture
Cons: large matrix org- sometimes have to deal with "red tape"
Huge focus on career development, great management and leaderships programs. You can achieve anything here, as long as you work for it.
The best job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2012
Pros: all the time
Cons: as they need me
The number one job I ever had. Every one is very nice and friendly the hardest part is month end and year end , The most enjoyable part is all work like a family.
No room for advancement
Lab Technician III (Current Employee), Beachwood ohioDecember 6, 2014
I have been at BASF going on 6 years, I came in low on the totem pole and have not advanced at all. There is no room for advancement within the group I work in, and management will not allow you to move to a different position.
Typical
Operations (Current Employee), TennesseeNovember 28, 2014
Typical job. Nothing more, nothing less. Insurance benefits are dwindling, costs are going up. You get roughly inflation for raise unless its a bad year.
Drive Forklift all day
Material Handler I (Former Employee), Tifton, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: very slow paced
Drive forklift, clean up warehouses, move pallets back and forth.
production
Material Handler (Current Employee), Sparks, GANovember 18, 2014
Basf is a great place to work .It's a chemical company I ahve really learned alot.
Benefical work place
Intern Engineer-Summer Practice (Former Employee), Gebze-Izmit, TurkeyNovember 12, 2014
Typically a working day was learning plant units, working on SO2 absorption column. A report for redundant pressure drop in SO2 absorption column and recovering column efficiency was submitted. The co-worker was a production engineer who assisted me a lot to comprehend the issue in terms of engneering by giving a project.
Basf
chemical operator (Current Employee), Seneca, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits are very good.
Cons: it is very hot in the summer and cold in the winter
pretty good place to work. The benefits are great. I learned how to manipulate chemicals for a specific reaction. My co-workers are great. The hardest part is heat it is very hot. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get a three day weekend every other week.
Very relaxed and effective work atmosphere
Lab Technician and Lab Administrator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2014
The work environmetn is one that is not so rushed as to cause unneeded stress, but it is not so relaxed that the speed and quality of work is affected in any adverse way.
Excellent Company-Safety is formost and professionally managed
Analytical Lab Technician/QC Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 31, 2014
Pros: excellent company, safe and professional
I only worked there through a temporary/screening service but felt I was a part of the company. Safety is 100 percent a part of the company's overall attitude toward each of its workers. I felt that I was important and even through I was expected to give my 100%, I was made to feel my safety came first. This is a rare thing I feel in most large corporations – more... nowadays. I was clearly give excellent training on my two positions I held and felt a very open atmosphere to information and any questions I should have concerning my job. I felt very at home working there and could see myself working for as long as I want to and advancement in the company was up to me and what I was willing to give and learn. – less
Rewarding and fulfilling but undergoing a major restructure
Industrial production shift chemist (Current Employee), Bradford, ENGOctober 30, 2014
Pros: enjoy being part of a busy production environment and my days off
Cons: long hours.
I have enjoyed working in this fast paced production environment over the last 35 years at this site.

I have enjoyed making a significant contribution to helping to improve the site efficiencies. This culminated in myself inventing a new catalyst to make a key ingredient for the site. I consider this as one of my major financial contributions to the – more... site.

On a personal level I took much satisfaction in playing a key role in establishing a new production department on this site and took up a 2 year secondment as the plant manager. This helped to secure jobs for the people who took up the challenge to work in this new department.

I have a reputation for challenging the accepted norm and to question why things are done in certain ways in a constructive way. This, I believe, helps to drive through improvements for the betterment of all concerned.

The hardest part of the job for me is that I set high standards for myself and sometimes I expect others to follow those standards. I have learned to be patient with others – less
Great international company to work for
Thermoplastic Urethane Marketing (TPU) (Former Employee), East Coast USOctober 27, 2014
I worked with many diverse companies that gave me a vast array of experience.
Great company to work with
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. I liked everyone at the plant, in all departments, for their personalities and the work they put into the plant. I cannot discuss a "typical day" because my job varied greatly; I was, after all, a Cooperative Education student working through the University of Cincinnati's co-op program. As such, I learned much about working in – more... professional settings and several soft skills that one does not pick up in college. I found that the hardest part of work was finding enough time to get everything done that might possibly need done; there was always something more that could be done to make improvements. – less
No day the same.
Contract worker (Former Employee), 75123October 18, 2014
Pros: awesome schedule
Cons: will not hire full time, forced to work on off days
- Typical day at work included mixing color samples and building pallets.
- I learned many interesting facts about wall finishes and color
- Warehouse manager is a corporate snake. He holds information from the workers needed to complete task. Never confronts issues with employees just let's them go and ALWAYS takes the managers side even if they are – more... wrong.Soon as contract workers ask about money they get fired.
-Loved all of my co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was dealing with management and watching my immediate supervisor lie about an accident to keep a safety streak going.
- Only thing I regret is the ability to mention names in this post – less
Good transition job
Key Account Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: big company with good salary and benefits
Cons: job ended
Fulfilled responsibilities.
Good people.
Completed job
no further opportunities with them
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no cons
The company is very supportive and offer work like balance.

1 2 3 4 5