BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Independent working with excellent team work
Manager (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen, GermanySeptember 30, 2013
I liked Open culture, Team work, Matrix organization, Innovation, Direct customer interface, Travelling
I learnt coordination within departments
I appreciate various activities like team building, review monthly meetings
Supportive team workers
I also learned time management working on various projects
Collaborative, team oriented work place with great professional support structure.
Enzyme Catalysis Research Intern (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen, GermanyJuly 15, 2013
R&D Biocatalysis Intern at Ludwigshafen site. Had great experience with co-workers.
A good starting place....
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen am RheinJune 10, 2013
Dealt with a high volume of B2B Sales initiatives, from clients across the country. Managed accounts, negotiations, placing orders for my region.
A typical fortune 500 company
Account Manager - Central Region (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2012
-Phone blitz seeking appt. in the morning and cold call in the afternoon
-Varies product line from computer related to enduser product.
-Top management constant demonstrate fairness to all staff.
-Good relation with all other department including US counterpart..
- I always try to achieve my monthly quota at the end of the third week
-Management acknowledge – more... the job well done. – less
Colour matcher intern
Intern/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Missisauga, ONOctober 25, 2012
Worked with a great team on big projects for Toyota and Import Fest. Great career builder.
loved the work and customers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good work conditions
Cons: management is absent
Communication with management is absent, some of them have a second job, example, my ex superior is a real estate agent... it is now known within the company so co worker just dont care anymore, some others are doing the same taking advantage of the expense accounts, car, gas, time of the company to fulfill the other occupations, it is sad to see.
Learing with BASF
Manager (Northern Region of Pakistan) (Current Employee), Lahore, PPBAugust 27, 2012
I started my professional career in BASF aorund 2 years before. I have learnt many things in this job. As I am responsible for technical sales for polyurethane system for northern region of Pakistan. This give me exposure & technical knowledge.

Technical sales is more advance than simple sale. It grooms me technically & commerically.
BASF- A great place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: company culture
Cons: large matrix org- sometimes have to deal with "red tape"
Huge focus on career development, great management and leaderships programs. You can achieve anything here, as long as you work for it.
The best job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2012
Pros: all the time
Cons: as they need me
The number one job I ever had. Every one is very nice and friendly the hardest part is month end and year end , The most enjoyable part is all work like a family.
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kuantan Pahang MalaysiaJune 7, 2012
Average in all area but has bad human resources policies in hiring personnel
Call Center
Distributor Customer Service Rep, Senior (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJApril 7, 2014
The first 13 Years it was a geat company to work for. They then changed to a Call Center and did not care about their employees or their customers...it was all about Management meeting their numbers and looking good.
Excellent Company
Site Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Iselin, NJApril 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: commute
Great culture and very professional management, working in the engineering group has been a great learning experience

Hardest part of day is commute
Productive workplace with good benefits.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 3, 2014
BASF is an incredible company to work for. While each site is quite different, the company is wonderful with great programs and strategies set in place. Job security within the industry is quite high as well.
organised work place
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Johor,Malaysia.March 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
well organised and planned organisation. work is more worth the efforts put in and rewards are good.
Hard working small tight knit group of maintenance men.
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great people to work around challenging environment.
Cons: a larger facility was built in freeport texas and our plant shut down.
Worked on equipment to produce super absoebent. The stuff sewn into baby diapers to absorb baby stuff. Installed,repaired, and overhauled airlock rotary valves, roots blowers, positive displacement feed pumps etc... Learned of three phase motors, solenoid valves level probes and micro motion meters. For ten years I worked on the most diverse equipment – more... in my life up to that point.
Everyone pulled together to get the jobs done. Great benefits, bnuses and a fat turkey at Thanksgiving time. – less
BASF was a very job friendly enviroment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Enka, NCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, working enviroment was good enjoy going to work
Cons: when the plant shut down and i was layed off
I had 22 employees on the payroll and I was responsibility assigning workers each morning, checking on all the jobs. If material needed to ordered I placed the purchase order either through our warehouse or outside source. My responsibility was to estimate large jobs and make sure the job started and finishing on time. Checked on the men each day that – more... was on a 53 acre site. I was on the fire department, Hazardous material team and flood control team. During the day if a fire alarm was activated would report to the fire station. I also had to close out work orders and ensured the the work was charged to the right department in the plant. Payroll was another of daily task.

This position help me in to learn the different trades that I managed.
This include railroad trackmen, paint, sandblasting, plumbing, carpentry work, masonry work, roofing, and heavy equipment operators.

Management was the best. – less
Great company to work for, but only hired me as temporary
Liquid packaging employee (Former Employee), Manati, Puerto RicoMarch 19, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no regular full tiem available
Great safety enviroment due to the high level of chemicals that we handled

Knowing my experience with forklift and pallet jacks, I use to be a back up at the warehouse, when needed

Lots of overtime and a good team to work with
pofessional
process technician (Current Employee), chattanoogaMarch 18, 2014
good job doesn't promote employee basic on skills like working 12 hour rotation
Not a family company like they say...
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 17, 2014
(Former employee)
A typical day there was like any other day...supervisors spying on you through the cameras and never giving credit when credit was due! I loved my job but the management there never does their job how it is actually suppose to be done...people getting terminated for things that happened a year ago, people acting like kids and tattling, – more... never getting the opportunity to advance anywhere, jobs were easy but this company gives temps false hope by telling them they will hire them but end up firing them and they allow people to curse and harass others and just overlook it!! You work within a few feet of others and you get in trouble for talking to your neighbors and it is very hard to get another job after you work there!!!
I would suggest that people look past this place...yes, the money was good but there is NO job security here and you will never top out here!! – less
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Florham ParkMarch 14, 2014
• Assist Manager and team with creating power point presentations and report administration Other general activities include answering telephone, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing Maintain department subscriptions

1 2 3 4 5

About BASF

BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance – Read more