BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good starting place....
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen am RheinJune 10, 2013
Dealt with a high volume of B2B Sales initiatives, from clients across the country. Managed accounts, negotiations, placing orders for my region.
A typical fortune 500 company
Account Manager - Central Region (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2012
-Phone blitz seeking appt. in the morning and cold call in the afternoon
-Varies product line from computer related to enduser product.
-Top management constant demonstrate fairness to all staff.
-Good relation with all other department including US counterpart..
- I always try to achieve my monthly quota at the end of the third week
-Management acknowledge – more... the job well done. – less
Colour matcher intern
Intern/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Missisauga, ONOctober 25, 2012
Worked with a great team on big projects for Toyota and Import Fest. Great career builder.
loved the work and customers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good work conditions
Cons: management is absent
Communication with management is absent, some of them have a second job, example, my ex superior is a real estate agent... it is now known within the company so co worker just dont care anymore, some others are doing the same taking advantage of the expense accounts, car, gas, time of the company to fulfill the other occupations, it is sad to see.
BASF- A great place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: company culture
Cons: large matrix org- sometimes have to deal with "red tape"
Huge focus on career development, great management and leaderships programs. You can achieve anything here, as long as you work for it.
The best job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2012
Pros: all the time
Cons: as they need me
The number one job I ever had. Every one is very nice and friendly the hardest part is month end and year end , The most enjoyable part is all work like a family.
Production Operative
Production Operative (Current Employee), Swinton, SCTSeptember 18, 2014
I worked as a production operative within the powders department. This involved manually producing building materials such as adhesives, construction grouts and concrete admixtures. This was a manual job that involved a lot of concentration and a keen eye for detail to ensure accurate measurements of raw materials. I also covered for absent staff in – more... the quality control department, testing manufactured products prior to dispatch. – less
Interesting and rewarding job
Production Operative (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: experience gained
Cons: the role was only temporary
Working at BASF construction chemicals plc was a good experience. I was making bulk mixes of construction chemicals using a state of the art powder plant. some of the product I made ended up on some of the biggest construction projects in the world today for example the London crossrail. I was manufacturing specialist cement and concretes made specifically – more... for that project. The management and my co-workers were great. It is a shame the job was only temporary but i feel that I gained a lot from working at BASF constuction chemicals plc. – less
Stable job with benefits and 401k
Sr Production Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime potential
Cons: no longer a caring place to work. everyone is just a number
Great job where I met lots of good people and learned a lot over the years
Productive & low level stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good training & high expectations
Cons: advancement within the company
Entering orders for sales representatives & customers. Make sure all items are correct on these orders. Answer incoming calls.

Learned the BASF product & services.

Management was very hands on always available to assist.

Co-workers were also always available & always very helpful

Balancing the phones which is the priority & entering as many orders – more... as possible.

The family setting that the co-workers made you feel. – less
Great enviroment to work and just be in.
Production Operator/Press Room Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Just went to work and came home it never felt like work. We talked and joked all day but still got our work done and met our numbers.
Very Productive and a great company to work for.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free bottles of water & coffee whenever.
Cons: very short break times and 7 days a week forever.
Inspection of 5,000+ parts a day.
What I've learned is that I have a knack for finding even the smallest of Errors on parts.
Management was very nice but direct, basically you follow the rules or get out. Which is exactly how It should be.
Co-workers are very nice and friendly and very welcoming to anybody who walks through the door, whether it be a – more... temp or full timer you are all equal and there for one reason to do your job and everyone understands that & gives you respect.
Hardest part of the job was honestly the small break times, 10 minutes after you just worked for 5 hours isn't that enjoyable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Easy work for decent pay.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2014
Working for twelve hours a work day was not ideal for me but the work was pretty easy. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and helped as much as they could on learning my job requirements. Management could have been executed better in terms of keeping temporary employees on a job where they are excelling.
Work/life balance is encouraged. Management is supportive.
Accounting Assistant Corporate Disbursements (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: work at home option
Cons: job security
1. Fast Paced diversified tasks include daily payments to vendors, responding to vendor inquiries, and reviewing duplicate and exception reports.
2. How to interact with management and collaborate with other team members to work efficiently and streamline processes. Excel reporting for project work as needed and make presentations at high level to management.
3. – more... Management is supportive and assists in developing competencies that can prepare me for other opportunities.
4. I work in a diverse environment and we are committed to forming the best team. Experience and knowledge is shared within the team so we are consistent and productive.
5. The biggest challenge in the job is getting the support of our stakeholders to adapt to change in processes and systems used.
6. Finding root cause of a recurring issue and implementing changes to prevent the issue from happening in the future. I enjoy working with a team, but also work independently. – less
Growth Opportunities
Demand Planner (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 3, 2014
Large Company with growth opportunities. Good benefits. Great compensation.
BASF
Finishing One Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2014
Finishing One Control Room Operator Jan 2003 – Jan 2007
• Responsible for what is regarded as "the heart of the process" at BASF Corp in Savannah Ga. This area is operated by monitors and computer control points. It is a very detailed oriented position with a high focus on multi-tasking and accountability
• As a control room operator I was a member – more... of the Production Planning Team B – Helped to develop run production plans for each B Team shift – highly grade/customer specific.
• Responded to “Hot Grade” forecast from the corporate requiring sudden production sequence changes
• Documented operational data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings
• Monitored recording instruments, flow meters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
• Handled and operated equipment to control chemical changes in processing consumer or industrial products.
• Monitored the entire production process and make sure the chemical plant runs efficiently

Effluent Operator - monitored, graphed and charted the effluent water disposition into the Savannah River
- Maintained and monitored multiple chemical tank levels - BASF Tank FARM Apr 2003–Nov 2003

Logistics Operator - Operated heavy Machinery such as Track-mobiles[small train engines], Vacuum Trailers, and 20ft\40ft\53ft tankers – Unloaded and loaded a variety of SKUS [ Very customer specific] Mar 2001– Mar 2003

Belt floor Operator – production flow analysis, charting graphing [Heavy Excel] Mar 2000–Mar 2001

• Achieved multiple commendations and promotions during employment which increased job knowledge and responsibility.
• Monitored Ammonia levels, ph control, and Ammonia stripper system.
• Transported tens of thousands of finished product daily.
• Operated Jockey trucks, track mobiles {small train engines}, trailers, bobcats, forklifts, baggers, and pressurized railcars.
• Responsible for operating over 1 million dollars worth of heavy filter belt equipment. – less
productive and can learn more
SAP CRM-SD Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJuly 28, 2014
BASF SE is the largest diversified chemical company in the world and is headquartered in Germany.Its business is organized in chemicals, plastics, performance products, functional solutions, agricultural solutions and oil & gas segments
Good place to work.
St. Lab. Technician/Shift Leaderman (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2014
Benefits and Salary are good. Lots of work on a daily bases. Management is ok.
Challenging and fun
Contractor (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: treated me like i was part of the company and not a contractor.
Cons: shortbreaks
The work was easy but it was the everyday obstacles that I had to overcome. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I was around.
great company
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
enjoy working here great company
challenging and busy everday

1 2 3 4 5

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more