BASF Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good starting place....
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Ludwigshafen am RheinJune 10, 2013
Dealt with a high volume of B2B Sales initiatives, from clients across the country. Managed accounts, negotiations, placing orders for my region.
A typical fortune 500 company
Account Manager - Central Region (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2012
-Phone blitz seeking appt. in the morning and cold call in the afternoon
-Varies product line from computer related to enduser product.
-Top management constant demonstrate fairness to all staff.
-Good relation with all other department including US counterpart..
- I always try to achieve my monthly quota at the end of the third week
-Management acknowledge – more... the job well done. – less
Colour matcher intern
Intern/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Missisauga, ONOctober 25, 2012
Worked with a great team on big projects for Toyota and Import Fest. Great career builder.
loved the work and customers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good work conditions
Cons: management is absent
Communication with management is absent, some of them have a second job, example, my ex superior is a real estate agent... it is now known within the company so co worker just dont care anymore, some others are doing the same taking advantage of the expense accounts, car, gas, time of the company to fulfill the other occupations, it is sad to see.
BASF- A great place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: company culture
Cons: large matrix org- sometimes have to deal with "red tape"
Huge focus on career development, great management and leaderships programs. You can achieve anything here, as long as you work for it.
The best job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2012
Pros: all the time
Cons: as they need me
The number one job I ever had. Every one is very nice and friendly the hardest part is month end and year end , The most enjoyable part is all work like a family.
Very Productive and a great company to work for.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free bottles of water & coffee whenever.
Cons: very short break times and 7 days a week forever.
Inspection of 5,000+ parts a day.
What I've learned is that I have a knack for finding even the smallest of Errors on parts.
Management was very nice but direct, basically you follow the rules or get out. Which is exactly how It should be.
Co-workers are very nice and friendly and very welcoming to anybody who walks through the door, whether it be a – more... temp or full timer you are all equal and there for one reason to do your job and everyone understands that & gives you respect.
Hardest part of the job was honestly the small break times, 10 minutes after you just worked for 5 hours isn't that enjoyable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Easy work for decent pay.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2014
Working for twelve hours a work day was not ideal for me but the work was pretty easy. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and helped as much as they could on learning my job requirements. Management could have been executed better in terms of keeping temporary employees on a job where they are excelling.
Work/life balance is encouraged. Management is supportive.
Accounting Assistant Corporate Disbursements (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: work at home option
Cons: job security
1. Fast Paced diversified tasks include daily payments to vendors, responding to vendor inquiries, and reviewing duplicate and exception reports.
2. How to interact with management and collaborate with other team members to work efficiently and streamline processes. Excel reporting for project work as needed and make presentations at high level to management.
3. – more... Management is supportive and assists in developing competencies that can prepare me for other opportunities.
4. I work in a diverse environment and we are committed to forming the best team. Experience and knowledge is shared within the team so we are consistent and productive.
5. The biggest challenge in the job is getting the support of our stakeholders to adapt to change in processes and systems used.
6. Finding root cause of a recurring issue and implementing changes to prevent the issue from happening in the future. I enjoy working with a team, but also work independently. – less
Growth Opportunities
Demand Planner (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 3, 2014
Large Company with growth opportunities. Good benefits. Great compensation.
BASF
Finishing One Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2014
Finishing One Control Room Operator Jan 2003 – Jan 2007
• Responsible for what is regarded as "the heart of the process" at BASF Corp in Savannah Ga. This area is operated by monitors and computer control points. It is a very detailed oriented position with a high focus on multi-tasking and accountability
• As a control room operator I was a member – more... of the Production Planning Team B – Helped to develop run production plans for each B Team shift – highly grade/customer specific.
• Responded to “Hot Grade” forecast from the corporate requiring sudden production sequence changes
• Documented operational data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings
• Monitored recording instruments, flow meters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
• Handled and operated equipment to control chemical changes in processing consumer or industrial products.
• Monitored the entire production process and make sure the chemical plant runs efficiently

Effluent Operator - monitored, graphed and charted the effluent water disposition into the Savannah River
- Maintained and monitored multiple chemical tank levels - BASF Tank FARM Apr 2003–Nov 2003

Logistics Operator - Operated heavy Machinery such as Track-mobiles[small train engines], Vacuum Trailers, and 20ft\40ft\53ft tankers – Unloaded and loaded a variety of SKUS [ Very customer specific] Mar 2001– Mar 2003

Belt floor Operator – production flow analysis, charting graphing [Heavy Excel] Mar 2000–Mar 2001

• Achieved multiple commendations and promotions during employment which increased job knowledge and responsibility.
• Monitored Ammonia levels, ph control, and Ammonia stripper system.
• Transported tens of thousands of finished product daily.
• Operated Jockey trucks, track mobiles {small train engines}, trailers, bobcats, forklifts, baggers, and pressurized railcars.
• Responsible for operating over 1 million dollars worth of heavy filter belt equipment. – less
productive and can learn more
SAP CRM-SD Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJuly 28, 2014
BASF SE is the largest diversified chemical company in the world and is headquartered in Germany.Its business is organized in chemicals, plastics, performance products, functional solutions, agricultural solutions and oil & gas segments
Good place to work.
St. Lab. Technician/Shift Leaderman (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2014
Benefits and Salary are good. Lots of work on a daily bases. Management is ok.
Challenging and fun
Contractor (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: treated me like i was part of the company and not a contractor.
Cons: shortbreaks
The work was easy but it was the everyday obstacles that I had to overcome. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I was around.
great company
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
enjoy working here great company
challenging and busy everday
Bullying & harassment.
Process Controller (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJuly 10, 2014
6.5 years on night shift as the only female isn't right. Any issues that came up & brought to the Coordinator was dismissed or turned to blame the employee as at fault. Sexist supervisor unless you was like him he had no use for you. The night shift employees were allowed to bully & harass. The coordinator would rather let you make mistakes (errors – more... in lack of training) several times before coming to you. And forget about cross training. Most of the employees would rather telling on you for anything & everything than work together as a team. I personally told my coordinator that if I fell down the stairs those guy would step over me than help me. The culture has changed & it is a terrible place to work now in my opinion. – less
Logistic Clerk (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit
Cons: work is very repetitive, only person in the office
Everyday I process order the the warehouse, checking the queue constantly making sure orders are shipped daily and on time. Management can definitely be better, and my coworkers are the ones that educate me on our products that we have. The most enjoyable thing about my job is that basically when work gets busy because it makes my day go by faster.
Productive and fun workplace
Process Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJune 23, 2014
liked learning the process of the plant and the co-workers were great to be around.
Good and positive working environment
Head of IS Business Relationship Management - TMEA (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 21, 2014
Pros: flexible working times
Cons: compensation
Perfect to work here, good people and stable and steady company
PIMPALGAON NASHIK
Samrudhi Officer (Former Employee), Nashik, MHJune 20, 2014
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate

1 2 3 4 5

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more