It is the intent that the Project Coordinator will act in the interest of Baseline Constructors Inc. and ensure that the morals, ethics and standards of the company and its employees are reflected. The Project Coordinator will assist the Site Supervisor as necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the site on a daily basis and assist the Project Manager with communication reports, meeting participation and contract documentation as required. You will report to the specific Site Superintendent and Project Manager
Project Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
- Work under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager and Site Superintendent, assist in the day to day duties associated with running multi-trade ICI projects.
- Monitor field work to ensure compliance with company’s standards, specifications, drawings, etc., and conduct quality control measures.
- Assisting in the set up and orderly management of project administration files.
- Assisting the Project Managers in expediting project work via negotiated Subcontracts and Purchase Orders, Letters of Intent, RFI’s, Change Orders and other Contract documents.
- Assisting in occasional correspondence to Owner, Architect, Engineers, sub-trades and suppliers in cooperation with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assisting Project Managers with document control (distribution of drawings & specifications) and preparation of Operation + Maintenance manuals, As-built drawings, etc.
- Assisting the Project Manager in managing the shop drawing submittals log and approvals process.
- Assisting the Site Superintendent with managing and monitoring site labour requirements.
- Tracking deliveries of purchased equipment and critical materials at the direction of the Superintendent/ Project Manager.
- Arrange and manage site equipment needs with suppliers and rental companies and maintaining rental logs.
- Set an example by maintaining and emphasizing site safety in accordance with regulatory requirements as well as our Corporate Health & Safety Policy.
- Documentation of Sub Trade Orientations, Hazard Analysis, Site Safety inspections, Safety Talks and JHSC recommendations as directed by Site Superintendent or Safety Officer.
- Attending project site meetings and sub-trade coordination meetings at the direction of the Site Superintendent / Project Manager and assisting in the expeditious completion of project deficiencies.
- Gain an understanding of the Baseline Policy Statement as well as our company ethics, culture and capabilities and performing duties in that context.
- Pursue training and development opportunities, striving to continually build knowledge and take opportunities to share expertise with others.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Currently enrolled or completed College Degree in Civil/Construction Engineering
- Beginning knowledge of construction drawings, specifications, etc.
- Proficient MS Office and Windows-based computer applications skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- The ability to use/learn industry specific software programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong code of ethics.
- Service oriented, strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work.
- Flexibility to quickly delegate and re-assign tasks as conditions dictate.
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Ability to provide timely, accurate and thorough communication to internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative within the scope of your position.
- Ability to take instructions and produce accurate work to a high standard.
- Possesses an outgoing personality in order to develop new relationships at all levels with ease.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn new tasks and concepts and continually seek opportunities to broaden knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work safely, following policy and proactively recognize and assist in resolving any unsafe conditions.
- Most of the work is carried out in a site office and/or on a construction site.
- Exposure to construction site environments including inclement weather, loud noises and machinery.
- Travel is required.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
- 12 days ago
PIVOTAL Integrated HR Solutions
Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions
- 10 days ago
RESCo Energy Inc.
RESCo Energy Inc.
- 30+ days ago