BaseCorp Learning Systems is looking for a full-time Web Application Developer which will involve the development of web-based desktop and mobile e-learning applications.
Our team includes highly skilled specialists who design and build customized learning programs in a friendly, fun environment using the latest tools and technology.
BaseCorp Learning Systems is a dynamic company that designs custom learning solutions in a variety of industries across the country.
We offer a professional, creative, work environment that demands attention to detail and a solid work ethic. Our team works in a business where meeting deadlines, solving problems and delivering quality products are the norm. We are looking for a special person to join our team as a full-time Senior Web Application Developer in our Edmonton office.
As an Application Developer, you would be an integral part of our development team. You would be enhancing our SkillBuilder Learning Management System (LMS) and SkillBuilder Storefront ecommerce products, as well as working on new products and mini applications that solve our client’s problems.
This job requires you to have exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and above all, experience writing clean code in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience constructing websites and web applications in a team environment
- Experience with web services/SOAP
- Experience with version control systems (Visual Source Safe preferred)
- Good understanding of user interaction, information architecture and general IT operations
- Ability and comfort working with small teams in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- eLearning or online learning industry development experience
- Mobile Web development experience
- Microsoft certification(s)
- Experience with SCORM and/or other eLearning standards and technologies
- Experience with Responsive Design techniques
- Great sense of humour
Applicants with computer science, computer engineering or MIS degrees are preferred. Strong knowledge of HTML, MS SQL and web practices is a minimum requirement. Applicants with advanced C# development experience will be given preference.
BaseCorp Learning Systems is an equal opportunity employer that takes an interest in its employees and their welfare.
Note that this position is a full-time career position. Please do not apply if you are looking for a temporary contract position, or candidates not residing in or planning to move to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter.