Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position.
Job Title: Controls Engineer
AUTOMOTIVE CONTROLS ENGINEER
(Bachelor of Science and 6 years of experience required)
Working with the advanced chassis technology team, the automotive controls engineer will be responsible for controls development of advanced chassis projects. To prove the value of these projects, the engineer will need to perform extensive and rigorous prototyping and concept feasibility studies. The engineer will be expected to manage the production coding of the controls developed.
- Establish Control and Diagnostic System requirements
- Responsible for developing, testing and implementing control/diagnostic strategies
- Create test procedures and vehicle level verification processes
- Develop auto-codable control/diagnostic models using Mathworks tool set
- Develop plant models to facilitate simulation of control/diagnostic subsystem models
- Validate and verify source code through dSpace HIL tools and vehicle level testing
- May include responsibility for the development of safety critical and/or OBDII compliant control systems.
- Lead or participate in DFMEA, hazard analysis, and DFSS processes
- Approximate average travel requirements of 36 days/year, mostly to Michigan area
- 3-5 years of experience in automotive field
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and embedded C programming language
- Experience with control algorithms: design, implementation, and debugging
- Extensive knowledge of automotive systems: chassis, powertrain, and CAN/LIN communication protocols
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle dynamics and predictive controls.
- Experience with vehicle simulation software and/or hardware in the loop tools
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools (d-Space, ETAS, etc.)
- General knowledge of signal processing
- Stays abreast of new technologies and competitive methods and products
- Work without continual supervision, but employee is frequently instructed or checked by supervisor
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively within teams and to work independently
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to travel to the US
- Valid Driver’s license for Ontario with good driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
(Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Automotive, Computer) with emphasis on controls engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Automotive, Computer) with emphasis on controls engineering
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
The Bartech Group, one of America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level...