Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, a Shipper/Receiver will assist co-workers in the shipping, receiving, routing and verification of all merchandise. The Shipper/Receiver will maintain, update, verify accuracy of records and utilize organizational and time management skills to ensure a timely flow of goods into the warehouse and out to our customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, pack and ship customer orders.
- Keep log book for all shipments leaving facility.
- Inventory control – check, track, organize and receive.
- Set up locations for parts and supplies, as per the General Manager, label and maintain as necessary.
- Quality Control – assure outgoing shipments meet the customer specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Assist the Parts Driver with in-town orders and deliveries in-town if necessary.
- Report safety concerns to the General Manager immediately.
- Report any changes required or non-compliance in policy and procedure.
- Understand, keep informed of, any comply with federal, provincial and local regulations, such as MSDS.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role or equivalent.
- MUST HAVE GOOD COMPUTER SKILLS
- A clean class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
Barry-Hamel Equipment Ltd. offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are a welding supply company and have been in business since 1954. We sell, service and rent welding equipment and consumables.