Lakeshore Family Medicine
We are opening a new family medicine clinic on the Barrie waterfront in July 2014. We will be affiliated with the Barrie & Community Family Health team. We are now recruiting individuals to fill two, full-time receptionist positions. As the clinic grows, additional administrative staff may be recruited. We are excited to offer a vibrant, energetic atmosphere to the successful applicant(s).
Our administrative staff will function as both clerical administrators as well as receptionists. As the initial point of contact of our clinic, we will be looking to hire administrative staff who have a very strong customer service skill set. Detail-oriented clerical work is essential, as many of the duties involve direct management of the patient medical record. Specific duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Pleasantly greeting and direct clients to appropriate medical resources and/or services,
- Handling all correspondence, including: reception, telephone, email, fax and mail,
- Providing administrative support and performing clerical duties under the direction of the Office Manager,
- Scanning, faxing and/or mailing documents as required,
- Scheduling and confirming patient appointments and/or tests,
- Managing daily physician schedules and ensuring patients requiring urgent appointments are seen promptly,
- Ensuring that patient registration forms are properly completed,
- Entering documents and demographic information into the electronic medical record,
- Preparing letters, memos and agendas for the clinical team,
- Sharing information collected from patients with the appropriate medical team members,
- Participating in meetings as requested,
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Three years of secretarial/receptionist experience in a health care setting
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with EMR, Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to communicate and work effectively on a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Meticulous record-maintenance skills
- Able to manage time efficiently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Accuro EMR is not required but is an asset
- Medical transcriptionist skills are not required but may be an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the email address provided. Applications will be accepted until May 24th, 2014. Interviews will be held May 28th, 2014.
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications from all qualified applicants are welcome. Information collected as a result of this job posting will be used for candidate selection only.
The Physicians of Lakeshore Family Medicine
Indeed - 10 months ago