Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
inspired by new challenges or tasks
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), lumwana siteJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch and accomodation
Cons: free medical services
September 15 Th a week after joining barrick,i was part of the team that was assembling centrifugal pumps for cyclone feeders,
Good place, Great Mentors.
Process Engineer (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 3, 2013
First mining job out of school. Great mentors. Caring, and took a personal interest in my development.

Good experience overall.
Great company
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Winnemucca, NVJune 22, 2013
Barrick is a great place to work. Benefits are very good. Employees are well trained. Safety is taken very seriously.
Good dispatching optimises production
Dispatch Engineer (Current Employee), Porgera Gold MineJune 8, 2013
Pros: top graduate development program
Cons: roster 21/14 is too long
On a daily basis, job requires:
- daily production reporting, goes out before 8am
- pit graphics updates
- new blast patterns created/locations of shovels, drills, diggers, update in pit graphics Modular VNC
- cross check ore mining records in dispatch records with Geology spotter sheet to ensure that oreblocks, tonnages moved per locations are the – more... same.
- Drill and blast statistics (locations, drill pattern, meters drilled) entered into dispatch
- relief dispatcher in the hot sit
- enjoy the teamwork in the engineering team as well as operations
- in close communication with maintenance department, reporting defects and GPS problems with mining fleet
- provide support to operations through the LP dispatch screen summary to optimise production, factors considered include: haul cycle, dump queue, shovel hang, fuel consumption, etc. – less
Dynamic workplace with great benefits
Ore Control Engineer (Current Employee), Elko, NVMay 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, good coworkers
Cons: very long commute
I work directly with a group of ore control engineers, short range planners, and operation supervisors. I've learned to work with several different management styles and personalities. My coworkers are competent and as a group are very efficient. Defining stockpile space and resolving conflicts with operation supervisors and other engineers is one of – more... the more challenging part of being an ore control engineer. – less
I usually rank safety as paramount important
Process Technician (Current Employee), Papua New GuineaMay 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
The Important thing I learnt at Work is;
1. Safety
2. Team Player
3. No Procastination
Sr. Project Controls Manager
Sr. Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), ArgentinaMay 15, 2013
Owner Project Controls Manager for the construction of $8.5B gold mine project. Responsible for planning, estimating, scheduling, cost, risk mitigation, and reporting for project. Daily interface with owner management teams, subcontractors, and large multi billion EPCM prime contractor. Supervisor for 30 owner staff and 50 indirect project controls – more... personnel. Achievements include the successful delivery of project work breakdown structure, definitive estimate with 26M direct craft labor hours, master schedule, baselines to report earned value, installed quantities, labor productivity and changes early to management. Successful in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and managing the large volume and pressures associated with a mega project. – less
Barrick gold SUCKS
i (Former Employee), iMay 8, 2013
Pros: employee
Cons: employee
They can make good money but at the same time they are doing horrible things to mother nature, killing a lot of rivers and lakes worldwide, not to mention the pouring of a lot of cyanide and mercury all over the place..

People that work in this company have no remorse for the environment and how other people get sick..
BG SUCKS big time

In my country – more... 500 miners got sick with cyanide contamination last years..This means that eventually you will get sick as well because of the exposure.

If someone dont believe me., just check on the internet and you will find plenty of information..

That's why BG is one of the most hated companies in the world..

Say NO to Barrick Gold – less
Serious work place
Consulting Senior Geologist (Current Employee), Cortez Gold Mines, NevadaApril 1, 2013
Barrick Gold Corp. is the largest gold mining company in the world. It is committed to upgrading the skills of its employees. As a consequence my job includes mentoring junior geologists. There is ample funding for some basic research such as thin section work and age dating. There is a strong emphasis on safety and environmnetal compliance.
HEALTHY SAFETY STANDARDS.
MAINTENANCE FITTER (Current Employee), LUMWANA MINE-SOLWEZI,ZAMBIAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: cultural interaction good
Cons: excessive work hours
HIGH SAFETY STANDARDS,PLANNED MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES WELL EXECUTED.EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION PRACTISED.HOWEVER,NO INTERTAINMENT.
Low productive
Contract Geologist (Former Employee), Marathon, ONMarch 4, 2013
the hardest part of the job:
1. lack of appropriate management due to inexperienced supervisor
2. admission to professional work (geologist) people without special education
3. admission to the geotechnical work people "from the street" - without the skills and understanding of the standards and work ethics
4 - admission to physically demanding work – more... of pregnant women – less
it a job the pay is good
pro tech (Current Employee), kalgoorlieFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: huh pros??
Cons: living in the bush
people are good still we have a high turn over rate.i love not being there on holidays lmao
Work and social
Mining Engineer_Project (Current Employee), Zambia solweziDecember 10, 2012
Pros: ok housing conditions
Cons: long hours and terriable rostal
The days are usually long because of a lot of meetings. on avarage i have to meetings each day. the work culture of the local people is motivating but the quality of expartriates sometimes is quastionable. all in all the work environment is very ideal for all sorts of people with differrent back grounds.
Oxygen Plant Operator (Current Employee), Cotui, Republica DominicanaOctober 31, 2012
Overlook ASU efficiency and reliability. Perfomer procedure review and follow up on plant dutties and customer satisfaction.
Quarterly Bonuses
EQuipment Operator (Former Employee), Elko, NVSeptember 25, 2012
The hardest part of the job is fatigue. A typical day starts 3 hours before shift and ends about 3 hours after shift. Which equates to about 17 hour days. But, you only get paid for 12.
Productive and fun workplace
Concentrator Operator (Current Employee), north JeddahJuly 22, 2012
I have been working in Barrick for few months and I find it a great experience I learned a lot from them they are productive, safe, and fun to work with
Great Company to work with.
Site Services General Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, PRJuly 9, 2012
Pros: follow all the safety rules.
Cons: non that i found.
Super Company to work for, it is one of the largest Gold Producer in the world. Pay on time and made sure the perople were train to do that.
good company but limited internal training available for advancement on site at Osborne
Process Operator Maintainer (Former Employee), Osborne MineMay 5, 2012
Pros: camp accommodation
Cons: would prefer more even time roster
Whilst employed by Barrick Aust (Osborne mine) as a Process Operator / Maintainer , my role as a senior operator included the supervision of shift crews within the processing stream , of business partners during scheduled shutdowns and the training of new employee’s within the plant process, these area’s include (crushing, grinding, floating, tails/concentrate – more... handling and control room operations.) I have completed QMS 1, 2 & 3 and have a Certificate IV in workplace training & assessment.
At Osborne I was part of a team that were able to improve and up grade a 120tph plant to a 285tph efficient processing system which saved millions in annual running costs and effectively increased annual revenue significantly. Examples included: - pump liner trails which increased liner life from 30hrs to hundreds of hours; repositioning clarifier/cyclone clusters to allow pumps to become redundant; upgrading small inefficient pumps to give volume for less effort and wear. – less
The culture of the company and Futurestep's approach to the business impressed me and attracted me to the firm. I am thrilled to join a growing busine
Senior Mechanical Trainer & Assessor (Current Employee), East Africa-TanzaniaMay 2, 2012
I have been working in the Gold plant for more than 10 years as fitter, I have worked with malt national global company ( Barrick Gold Corporation) and Resolute gold Company for another 4 years’ I can Say I have 14 years experiences.

I’m certified trainer for the mobile crane up to 120 tones, I also allowed driving cranes up to 120 tones crane.
In – more... wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.

I have grown from junior level to a trainer, where I train the Gold Plant fitter artisan to do the job as Barrick Global maintenance standards, to help the artisan in different eleven to achieve the work standard required by Barrick.

I competent to do all the basics engineering stuff as well specialized skill when it comes to maintenance and repair of such equipments as Centrifugal pumps, Vertical Spindle pumps, agitators, apron feeders, jaw crushers, cone crushers, mixers, Regeneration Kiln, Sag Mill, Ball Mill and Regrind Mills etc.

I teach people on pump basic and advanced training, shaft alignment, rigging and lifting, working at height, bearing assembling, laser alignment etc.

In wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.
Thanks you. – less

Vikki – June 4, 2012

I have had an application with Barrick since February 2012, how long does it take them to make any kind of contact with you? Im looking for a position of Haul truck driver" I haven't heard a word from them and there is no way for the public to call them, any suggestions? Thank you for whomever respond with helpful information. Have a blessed day.

Good learning environment for Engineers
Underground Graduate Mining Engineer (Current Employee), PorgeraApril 27, 2012
On a daily basis, I am required to do development designs using Mine Sight 3D. The more I work on the designs coupled with supervision from supervisors, the more competent I become using the software. Thus, everyday I learn new things for my personal and career development.

The working environment is great and everybody is willing to help build career – more... paths. – less

About Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation (TSX: ABX, NYSE: ABX) is the largest pure gold mining company in the world, with its headquarters in – Read more

Barrick Gold Corporation Photos