Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Multicultural and diverse
Manager Governance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: multicultural and diverse
Barrick is world's largest gold producer with operations expanded to all continents from North & South America to Africa and Australia and so a typical day is a day with interaction with individuals from multiple cultural backgrounds and skill sets, offering exposure to interact with various layers of functional and line management at all levels. Barrick has employed one of the top talents across all functions , whether it is accounting, geology, engineering, supply chain or human resources and so there are exceptional opportunities to learn new things across multiple functions everyday.

Since Barrick is a large company with close to 15,000 employees, it sometimes becomes a challenge to make important decisions quickly and this is what is the most enjoyable part as well, as the due-diligence process employed to analyse and make informed decisions offers great opportunities to learn exciting new ideas and insights from operational as well as financial and strategic perspective.
Good place to work, Great benefits, very professional environment
IT Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, travelling, work with people from other cultures, management is very engaged and open, safety culture.
Is a really good place to work., highly professional, fast pace and a lot of stress (on a good way).
Place to show all your talent and to improve every day.
Very professional environment and also good culture.
The company is good to work for as I can work with anyone.
Shaftman/Hoist operator (Former Employee), Marathon, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great overtime, vacations time off, and benifits
Cons: management.
Doing all safety checks on all equipment that we use.Contact supervisor if any problems noticed and solve those problems before operating hoist.I loved to work with all those around me.The hardest part of my job was to train people that didn't have the will to be trained.If I thought they were untrainable then I would deem them as such.I loved the responsibility that came with the job in all areas.
Very good company
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn, all about the company in all parts of the world, gym membership
Over my long tenure here I have enjoyed but most importantly learned so much from fabulous bosses and co-workers.
I am an experienced law enforcement and corporate security manager, instructor and investigator.
Senior Investigator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2014
I have been in law enforcement and related fields my entire career. I find the work challenging and rewarding. Being bi-lingual, I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico, Central and South America. I have managed and supervised law enforcement and corporate security personnel throughout the US and Latin America.

I am an experienced law enforcement and corporate security manager, investigator, and instructor. I am meticulous in my work ethic and responsible in time management. I have extensive training in law enforcement and a graduate of the Drug Enforcement Administration Basic Agent and Supervisor Academies. I am a graduate of the United States Army Military Police Polygraph School and the Reid School for Interview and Interrogation Techniques and the FBI Advanced Polygraph Studies at the University of Virginia.

I am a team player and as a manager take my responsibilities seriously. I am success driven in accomplishing my duties and inspire personnel under my command to always improve their duties and responsibilities and achieve success in their careers.
Good Workplace
Facilities Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad people management
Barrick Gold is a good employer but they lack many of the standard processes that larger businesses have. They are still very much a the company that Peter Munk founded 27 yrs ago and still function as a small start up in many respects.
friendly staff
Financial Analyst, Strategic Planning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2012
Great people to work with, great events. Co-workers and management really took the time to explained everything I need to know to me.

About Barrick Gold Corporation

In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and – Read more

Barrick Gold Corporation Photos