Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Agreat learning experience in a 3rd world country
Process Maintenance Workshop Supervisor (Current Employee), Dominican RepublicMarch 21, 2014
Teaching the national people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the language barrier.
Very good company
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn, all about the company in all parts of the world, gym membership
Over my long tenure here I have enjoyed but most importantly learned so much from fabulous bosses and co-workers.
Good Workplace
Facilities Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad people management
Barrick Gold is a good employer but they lack many of the standard processes that larger businesses have. They are still very much a the company that Peter Munk founded 27 yrs ago and still function as a small start up in many respects.
friendly staff
Financial Analyst, Strategic Planning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2012
Great people to work with, great events. Co-workers and management really took the time to explained everything I need to know to me.
Very dificult, but rwarding
Superintendent (Current Employee), TanzaniaApril 1, 2014
Pros: the rotational leave
Cons: long hours
Working hours are very long as you work 12 hour shifts, and the spares are not readily available so good planninmg needs to be done as most spares are imported into the country
Great company to work for, exciting underground environment
Mine Geologist (Former Employee), Granny Smith and DarlotMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great people to work with overall, fifo
Cons: bullies, no place to move up at that site
The first job was core logging/prepping. Once that's done, any structural interpretations, QAQC data, and/or reconcilliation work is done. Other jobs include underground mapping and sampling, wire framing, and block modelling. My management came from the senior geologist. Most of my co workers had less years experience than me, but are generally willing – more... to work outside the scope of their titles. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the one or two bullies in the immediate work space. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing structural interpretations in areas that not many people have previously looked at or analysed and used these interpretations for target generation – less
Very productive work place. Wanted tasks done in timely fashion as well as corectly.
Intern (Former Employee), ElkoFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: kept me busy
Cons: not much guidance
I performed different mining scenarios to check the most feasible way to mine. Designed a new landfill for the sight. This was the most challenging because I had to teach myself how to design in Vulcan software. This was a huge project. This was a project that would normally be done by a full time Engineer.
working underground on dewatering equipment
Fitter (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: work vehile
Cons: long hours
fault finding newly invented pumping unit .aqua lung pump unit
Enjoyable work. Company interested in training.
Autoclave Operator/Safety Trainer (Former Employee), Elko, NVJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good balance of work / time-off.
Cons: 50 miles from residence, and had to be bussed.
A hazardous process made safe through training and more training and emphasis on safe work practices.
I am an experienced law enforcement and corporate security manager, instructor and investigator.
Senior Investigator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2014
I have been in law enforcement and related fields my entire career. I find the work challenging and rewarding. Being bi-lingual, I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico, Central and South America. I have managed and supervised law enforcement and corporate security personnel throughout the US and Latin America.

I am an experienced law enforcement – more... and corporate security manager, investigator, and instructor. I am meticulous in my work ethic and responsible in time management. I have extensive training in law enforcement and a graduate of the Drug Enforcement Administration Basic Agent and Supervisor Academies. I am a graduate of the United States Army Military Police Polygraph School and the Reid School for Interview and Interrogation Techniques and the FBI Advanced Polygraph Studies at the University of Virginia.

I am a team player and as a manager take my responsibilities seriously. I am success driven in accomplishing my duties and inspire personnel under my command to always improve their duties and responsibilities and achieve success in their careers. – less
good company
Shovel and Drill Mechanic (Former Employee), Elko, NVJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: offer trainings & opportunities to gain additional experience, tool allowance
Cons: elko nevada has extreme winter weather
average 14 hr days, overtime pay, company offers continuous training on varied types of equipment to continue gaining knowledge and experience.
extreme cold winter weather.
heapleach operatior/leadman (Former Employee), Elko, NVDecember 21, 2013
Pros: cold weather
Cons: weather
alright , good , cold weather, uneven ground , productive work place, with plenty of changing weather. all the overtime you want.
Managing all Capital Projects at Mine Site
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee), TanzaniaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: excellent working culture
Cons: located at remote place
1) Typical Day was when we completed the Plant Expansion Project within schedule and budget;
2) Learned more on the Project Risk Assessments; HAZOP studies;
3) Managing all the Capital Projects on the Mine Site;
4) Good Team;
5) Hardest Part was to manage the construction of houses in the community;
6) The Most Enjoyable part was to implement the Safety – more... culture and also was awarded as Safety Champion for the Year. – less
Good Job
Underground Miner (Former Employee), Golconda, NVOctober 26, 2013
Pros: fun work, days off, money
Cons: bus ride out to work
Work is fun and the managment is all about saftey so there is no concerns with working in that type of industry. There is no complants with the company they give you all full benifits package with plenty of time off paid vacation, and a competive salary.
Productive, with a high regard for Safety
Autoclave Lead hand/Supervisor (Current Employee), Dominican RepublicOctober 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I have worked at a few Barrick properties and all have a high regard for safety. Their benefits are on the better end of most employers and overall care for their employees.
Mining
HR/Training Representative (Current Employee), Elko, NVSeptember 22, 2013
Great mine sites with hard working persons. Great salaries. The commute to some of the mine sites are long, but there is a busing system for most of the sites.
Underground Miner/Lead man (Former Employee), Beatty, NVSeptember 7, 2013
Wages for miners, was very good. you worked for your money.

Company listened to concerns, helped out on hazards.

Made lots of friends.
Is an active and enjoyable workplace!
Senior Electrical Supervisor (Technical Adviser) (Current Employee), Solwezi, ZambiaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: am made to feel like a key member of the maintenance team!
Cons: management changes; they leave vacuums!
Attend daily PSI safety meeting;
Ensure attendance by staff;
Get briefed by Section Superintendent;
Gather data from last 24 hours and present section activity report to Supt;
Attend daily production meeting and discuss 24 hour plan;
Inspection of active mining areas and any work by contractors on site;
Over-inspection of work area tasks as per maintenance – more... schedule;
Liaison with associated sections in provision of optimum availability of equipment for the operation i.e Supply Chain, Dewatering maintenance crew, Projects section etc.
Am available for after hours standby/call outs. – less
No longer working for this company
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2013
Company doing lay offs right now. Good company to work for however not stable.
Poor Relocate
NA Drilling Services Mngr. Operations Manager (Former Employee), Elko, NevadaAugust 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: unstable market
Relocated and let go in 4 months due to gold price reduction.

1 2 3 4

About Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation (TSX: ABX, NYSE: ABX) is the largest pure gold mining company in the world, with its headquarters in – Read more

Barrick Gold Corporation Photos