Barkman a leading manufacturer of precast concrete products for residential, commercial, agricultural and municipal applications, requires a Communications Coordinator to join our team.
As barkman’s Communication Coordinator you would be the joining the first stages of our Communication team located at our Steinbach corporate office. This role will take on both internal and external communication initiatives. Projects and responsibilities for this role will include such tasks as creating content for various mediums, sourcing and implementing digital communication systems, planning internal communication strategies, media releases and various other communication duties. This is a new role at barkman therefore has the ability and flexibility to evolve under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Education and/or experience in Creative Communications
- Strong copy writing abilities, attention to detail and efficient organization skills
- Proficiency working on a Mac and using Microsoft Office programs such as Power Point, Word and Outlook
- Be tech savvy when sourcing and implementing new software
- Experience with project management and meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with basic photography and graphic design
- Excellent verbal communication skills with presenting, problem solving and discussing written content to achieve the optimal result for the end reader
Barkman Concrete offers you a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, group insurance and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Please submit your resume and samples of internal and/or external communication content you have produced.
Deadline for resume submission is November 29, 2013.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.