Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Overall Decent
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI22 June 2017
Overall fun job but management can sometimes block the joy out of the job due to immature, petty, and deceitful behavior. Compensation is relatively competitive.
A lot of pressure
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
Good job if you are willing to work long hours for low rate of pay, but staff rewards are good and commission is ok especially at Xmas time. Good training is provided but there are too many managers wishing the company at the moment
Pros
Good product allocation
Cons
Constantly working weekends and money is not fabulous
Good for your skin products
Beauty Ambassador / Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  John Lewis Oxford Street13 June 2017
I have very much enjoyed working for Bare Escentuals and learning about mineral make up. The products are innovative and gentle for every type of skin, easy to apply and accessible price points. I have found Bare Escentuals a fun place to work at. I most enjoy making customers feel good. When you look good, you feel good. It's a boost for your confidence levels. I enjoy seeing that. The hardest part of my job has been job security. I enjoy stability and I want a long term job.
Pros
Natural non-chemical products to work with
Cons
Job Security
Ok place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 June 2017
This is a very old school office setting. Old computers and technology. Summer fridays and nice benefits package are among this I would list as Pro's.
Pros
Summer Fridays/Good Benefits
Cons
Old school office setting
Horrible Management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX ulta7 June 2017
Absolutely the worst, most unprofessional "team" I was apart of!
I have been in the cosmetic industry for 13 years and I have never come across such disfuction
The job posted for Lubbock is costistantly open because sales specialist refuse to work with the coordinator and executive. Even the ulta management (the partner) doesn't want to work with them.
Negativity isn't my way but I honestly can not say one positive thing
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no communication
do not work for this company!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MA25 May 2017
horrible company. Especially the Peabody Ma store. Everyone quits. The AM carol is a sociopath she will make your life a living h%ll. There's no "girlfriend experiance" going on here. trust me. dont waste your time.
Pros
50% off products
Cons
like working in a prison
Relaxed friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 May 2017
Employees, and management were friendly. Job was not too stressful. Pay was low, but never felt over worked. Only concerns I had were with advancement, or job transferring.
Good
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2017
Nice working environment. Great teamwork and communication. High targets to meet. All departments work closely together. Great brand ethics, all employees represent the brand.
Fun clean environment
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI15 April 2017
Fun place to work. Some store managers are fair others are not. Loyal customers always come back. District managers are not always fair. meaning somethings apply to some but not all. Managers have the best compensation. The team doing most of the work have part time hours with part time pay.
Pros
awesome discount
Cons
not enough coverage
It's been a long road
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas11 April 2017
They don't pay well so the turn over is high. Upper mgmt changes too often and not enough positive reinforcement for a job well done. Associates do not receive benefits, no vacation, no weekends, very little gratis. Not a lot of perks
Pros
Makeup
Cons
No work life balance
Store closings
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT5 April 2017
I would advise anyone to save themselves from having to look for another job sooner than later and not accept employment in a Bare Minerals boutique.
They are closing boutiques and not being honest about it to prospective managers during they're recruiting and hiring process.
I found out the hard way.
Pros
Great product, 50% discount
Cons
No stability, dishonest district and regional managers
Great product and company...
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN27 March 2017
Bare Escentuals is a wonderful company to work for if you love not only beauty products, but especially natural beauty products. They are great about rewarding their teams when they accomplish milestones.
Fun and exciting place to work for.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA20 March 2017
-managed team
-learned how to work with different personalities to help drive sales
-used the resources to help motivate, inspire the team
-the culture is fun and sales are the drive force
-most enjoyable of the job is working with new and different employees. Also, building and maintaining clientele is exciting
I loved working here!
Beauty Ambassador/MUA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO2 March 2017
Fun job, great people to work with. I learned a lot about the makeup industry and believe you could grow easily with the company. I would work here again if I needed to. Left to attempt to follow my passion.
BE was a very fun and creative environment
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 February 2017
Bare Escentuals was a wonderful place to work. As a leading beauty brand the company was always creating and launching new and exciting products in the cosmetics industry.

A day at BE was never the same as the day before! There was always something new and challenging to take on and wonderful people to work with and for.
Cons
Parent Company relocated Bare Escentuals to the East Coast!
Horrible copany to work for
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA7 February 2017
good customers
gratis
never any meetings
no uniforms
Pros
gratis
Cons
poor management
Bare Escentuals
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN6 February 2017
A typical day at work consisted of meeting sale goals, cosmetic makeovers and tutorials for customers, setting up merchandise displays, and explaining product knowledge or information on products to customers.
Pros
Learn how to do apply makeup better
Cons
a relatively low pay wage
Previously worked here
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY30 January 2017
Everything was great when I first started, but it quickly changed as there is no manager there and a lot went on while I was working there, beauty advisors are racists and everyone wants to be a manager. No structure or organization in this boutique, in desperate need of a manager and a great one . I left due to many strenuous racists accounts I have encountered while working there. It wasn't worth my time nor skill level I advance myself to over the years. An okay place to start a makeup career but highly advise to get the experience for a next makeup position and move on.
Pros
makeup discount
Cons
Racist, high employee turn over rate, No manager
Bare Escentuals is a good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MN6 January 2017
Overall this is a good company. At the time I was work working there the company was changing very quickly.
A typical day was different everyday.
Coaching sales in stores, planning business
Looking for more sales,
Strategically understanding how to grow the market
My coworkers were fabulous
Great company and product!
Sales Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 December 2016
Wonderful company to work for! Friendly team and management, and great culture. The products are easy to use and made extremely well. Loyal customers and clients so its very easy to sell and be genuine when recommending items to guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval