Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

For me it was working with arts
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA5 December 2017
It was fun working there, everyday you get to play with colors. There was no down time, if there is no customer we are always teaching each other different ways to use make-up or how to apply.
Fun
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 December 2017
Lots of traveling. I enjoyed the experience and glad I did it just wasn't fond of traveling. No work life balance. If you are single and love to travel go ahead.
Pros
See above
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun job
Special assignment (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH1 December 2017
I wish I could have been more then a temp service job cause I can see a future there. I would love meeting new people and do different things on the job.
Pros
Free gifts and hot chocolate
Cons
Temp job
great district manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 November 2017
I loved working for my district manager. It was a fun job with a lot of travel for national events. I was not crazy about doing make up but it was still very fun. A great learning experience.
Pros
Great regional management
Cons
upper management
Amazing Clients
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA25 November 2017
Was on the wholesale side and worked with Sephora and Ulta. Was able to meet amazing women daily. The company was constintly changing to try to find a new client instead of sticking to what they were good at "Minerals".
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Horrible Management - work anywhere else
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY22 November 2017
Not only did I never receive any of my Paid time off upon leaving, no one answers the phone at corporate. Hundreds of dollars I earned never recovered. Boutique management is horrible, condescending, sneaky and disrespectful. I have never worked somewhere like this is my life. During the year I worked here over 10 people resigned. I only am posting this review to help others, please find another place to work.
Very unorganized and unrealistic goals. Bad Management
Boutique Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ17 November 2017
The upper management was very unsupportive and hard to get in touch with. They have a 2 minute grace period before you are counted late, which I think is too short. They are demanding and expect too much for what they pay. The culture that they advertise is the polar opposite to reality. Lot's of gossiping and negative energy. I hated this job. My co-workers were very immature and gossiped about everyone. The company creates a culture of fear so everyone always thinks they are going to get fired. Foot traffic is down over 50% but they planned the store +20% over ly. They also have a bonus program that is impossible to get.
Pros
Discount is 40%
Cons
Culture, Over distribution of products, poor management
Awful management
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX9 November 2017
The store I worked at had a really bad problem with cliquing up. They would find someone to be rude to. What was worse about it was that the assistant manager was part of it and the store manager fed into it. I left a full time job working 40+ hours a week for Bare in hope that I would be happy, but I can honestly say, this job has made me miserable. I genuinely enjoyed working with customers and helping them find their makeup needs but getting treated badly and ignored is just not worth it.

Also we had 5 people in management positions and only 2 BA’s one of which only came in on saturdays.

PS. Don’t apply if you’re a makeup artist because the manager doesn’t hire makeup artists ( how quickly I learned and still question why I was hired on to begin with, with my background.)
Cons
Management was awful
Fun place to work
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 November 2017
Its a pretty great company to work for. They have great benefits for managers, but it can be pretty stressful when traffic is down. Overall, I'd totally recommend it, but keep options open because unless you're willing to re-locate, management positions don't open up that much.
Pros
great benefits, fair salary, fun environment
Cons
not enough advancement opportunities
great culture in company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA5 November 2017
Great work environment and highly talented staff of management. Company culture is great, team members are easy to work with and training and on boarding is effective.
Pros
PTO and benefits for full time employees
Cons
no set schedules. works nights, weekends, holidays, uncertainty in job security
Fun, energetic, make-up centered career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 September 2017
For a manager within the company, there is a balance of paper work, back office duties, coaching the team, corporate information, and also maintaining the team. Including observing the selling floor, assisting in difficult sales, performing any discounts on a transaction, and coaching the team to perform at their best. The shifts were mainly fun and upbeat, it's make-up! Retail has it ups and downs but I would work for this company again.
Pros
Paid time off was amazing if you were a full time employee, Working with the products is amazing, and you learn a lot about the industry.
Cons
anyone under an assistant manager or keyholder could only work a max of 24 hours., and black friday is a mandatory shift
My location was not motivated
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA21 September 2017
Because the other employees had been there for 5 years they were not open to being retrained. I had a lot of responsibilities that I was not paid enough for.
Kind and friendly environment.
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA14 September 2017
Great environment and steady non over whelming pace.
Customers are awesome and the team is great to work for.
Taught product knowledge and skills.
Made sure to always answer any questions I had and never made me feel less of myself for asking.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Long shifts.
To bring chang and beauty to woman lives
wearhouse associate (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OH3 September 2017
We put together beautiful beauty kits people order through the internet.
Pick pack and ship to there home.once and u will receive a sample of the next news products.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pick and pack
Find Something Better
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY4 August 2017
Poor pay. No sick days, paid time off, and poor insurance. Could be a great company of they were willing to invest more in their staff and should be willing to provide more benefits.
Great Company
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI9 July 2017
Bare Minerals is a great company to work for. There are many great incentives and perks. However, management is very unfair, spiteful, and deceiving. Management is also very rude to their employees and sometimes even customers. Other than management, the workplace environment and the products are amazing.
Pros
Compensation, product, incentives
Cons
Terrible management, unavailable hours
Enjoyed my time at bare minerals
Beauty ambassador (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI9 July 2017
Very fun place to work, everyone works as a team. Management expects everyone to work. If you want to stand around, apply elsewhere. Gratis, sale incentives and employee discount are generous. Pay was very competitive.
Pros
Fun place to work, employee discount
Laid back Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OH28 June 2017
Bare Escentuals is a great place to work if you are self motivated and like to fight your way to the top. The hardest part of the job is being able to standout and get noticed for going above and beyond.
Pros
a set schedule, lots of over time
Cons
benefits are horrible, merits rarely reflect the quality of work done.
Overall Decent
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI22 June 2017
Overall fun job but management can sometimes block the joy out of the job due to immature, petty, and deceitful behavior. Compensation is relatively competitive.
A lot of pressure
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
Good job if you are willing to work long hours for low rate of pay, but staff rewards are good and commission is ok especially at Xmas time. Good training is provided but there are too many managers wishing the company at the moment
Pros
Good product allocation
Cons
Constantly working weekends and money is not fabulous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.