Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Love the products & generous
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA5 December 2016
I opened the bay's lone in a new opening store. I was hired as part time but worked full time plus overtime. I enjoyed the store & loved the products. The hardest part was not getting the help I needed from the management.
Pros
Lots of free products
Cons
Not getting promoted after doing the job for months
Fun place to work
Bare Escentuals Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CA1 December 2016
Fun and innovative. Team players are most welcome. Positive feedback. Weekly meetings to catch up. Extra gratis given for great performances. The team is receptive positive and up beat. If your self motivated I highly recommend this company. Cosmetics are inexpensive and up to date with the worlds complex economy. I highly recommend for those who are goal oriented and inventive. Incentives don't come often, this is a job for makeup lovers, helpful people, entrepreneurs, and creative individuals whose incentive and main reasons for their job are their clients and helping others.
Pros
Gratis creative flexible
Cons
Healthcare long hours of standing lifting
Great Company to work,
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 December 2016
Great Company to work,

Strong management Skills requirement. Sales and international skills requirements.

People require to be mentally alert, good clientele.
fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Basildon24 November 2016
can be stressful at times, co workers were great got on with them all and the harest part was hitting your daily target because sometimes you cound not achive it.
a great place to work until they moved the HQ to New York
Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 November 2016
a great place to work until they moved the HQ to New York. Great work/life balance. Management was ok, The culture was great and so were some of the people
It used to be the wonderful workplace to go to work
Creative Services Project Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 November 2016
I enjoyed very much working at Bare Escentuals, but sadly the HQ is moving to New York, and the management is unknown to me from this point forwards.
I mi
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
bad transition
best company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MD4 November 2016
LOVED this company so much! I would of loved to rejoin their team after having my son but hours did not line up with his school schedule. which was unfortunate.
Great place for beginning make up artists
Driving sales (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FL23 October 2016
Not much training by way of artistry, but you get plenty of experience with customers, applying make up learning to compensate for individual needs. The work environment is very laid back and the brand culture is very welcoming. There is however no room for advancement.
Worst General Manager Ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CA10 October 2016
She loved picking on me, making fun of me, she even tried to get me fired. She pretended to be perfect. Never got my breaks on time. Overworked me as a manager. They think eveyone is replacable.
Pros
Good message for the consumer
Cons
They will fire you for being honest
The worst company I have ever worked for.
Makeup Artist (former) (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin24 September 2016
Absolutely awful company to work for.
The management of this company is abysmal, and they show no consideration or empathy for the healthcare or general wellbeing of any of their employees.
In regards to management, if you stood up to management or rubbed them the wrong way, they would manipulate and deceive higher up management (fabricating issues which were non existent) in order to gain approval to terminate, or extend a probationary period (which i witnessed happen to a co-worker).

Working here, I learned how to value myself, and how to stand up for myself toward people who tried to bully and intimidate me, in ways that no manager should do.

I wouldn't recommend working for this company to anyone. It is NOT worth the stress and upset, a hard lesson which I learned from working for this company.
Pros
Lovely co-workers.
Cons
Everything else.
Bare Escentuals
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, Ca14 September 2016
Bare Escentuals helped develop me into a focused and motivated employee that prides myself on perfection and customer service.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guam, MO7 September 2016
A typical day of work usually includes opening the store and performing all opening task including recording numbers from appointments and sales from the previous day, week, and month. Also, I set up the daily outline for the way. After about an hour the first employee comes in and it is my responsibility to inform the employee what is going on for the play (sales plan, personal goal, events, ect.) I have awesome co-workers and all the other management were always on the same page. The most enjoyable part was doing something i was good and passionate about and working with amazing people everyday (customers and clients)
Pros
Great work/life balence
Cons
Shortage of hours
awesome enviorment where you get to work doing what you love
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NY11 July 2016
this was a great company to work for. I am glad i had the experience and oppurtunity to work there and learn everyday. Managment always tried to be flexible with our employees and make sure everyones being treated fairly.
Nasty and horr
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2016
The nastiest people to work with!!! Managers and staff are rude and inconsiderate. Very pretentious environment and staff are extremely vile. Was bullied a lot throughout my employment and it is safe to say I hate this company and everything it stands for and the people who represent it. Worked here over 2 years and was not once awarded for my hard work. No chance of progression
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rubbish
great company
Planner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA7 July 2016
Great company and talent. Would have stayed but the company is relocating to NYC. Great experience overall.
Great Location at West Farms
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CT29 June 2016
Wonderful store and employees, i love the brand and the cosmetics for great as well, really fun to experience and get product knowledge
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Benefits and more hours
Awesome place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ16 June 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bare. I made some life long friends and created a client basis of my own from working here. I was educated in artistry and was applauded and uplifted the whole way. Scheduling was always precise and management was laid back but straight to the point. Loved working here
Fun place to work
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI10 June 2016
This company was great to work for. It was a mineral make-up store. The idea is to make all our customers to have a girlfriend experience. It was my job to make them feel comfortable and make them knowledgeable about our products.
Pros
Awesome fun work environment
Cons
The crowds were sometime overwhelming
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool10 June 2016
Some days I was really busy, others it was quite slow, depending on the time of year and the shift I had. I met loads of great customers, new faces everyday. Built up a relationship with my co-workers and customers.
Hardest part was leaving the company.
The most enjoyable part was meeting loads of new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Nice place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 June 2016
Bare Escentuals is a nice place to work and had a great culture. I learned a great deal during my time there. Everyone was a team player and worked together to make new launches succeed.