Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Hostile
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA10 February 2018
This was probably one of worse jobs I've ever had, with one of the most disgusting management team. And the district manager and human resource department was just as big of a joke. There were several complaints filed and nothing was done. Very hostile and juvenile work environment mostly created by the manager. I would not recommend anyone working there.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
HORRIBLE management
Great Company but Many Changes going On...Hard to Move Up
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, IN9 February 2018
I worked for BM almost 3 years through Macys.
Great company to work for, great environment, great people...great customers! AE was very nice, involved and we had great training.... Hard to move up since Shiseido purchased them! Not enough jobs and cuts going on company wide has affected my job! Great start to any cosmetics career! I miss working for them!
Would work for them again!
Pros
Great Gratis, Company, Training, and Customers!
Cons
Shiseido purchased and many changes/cuts going on which affected my own job...hard to move up!
The work is good..how ever management is not so good with the temp services..
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH17 January 2018
I worked there on 2 different occasions..the first time i left due to lack of work..i started there again and was let go because an associate whom i know very well told alot of people including HR..that i was a threat to them..because of he said she said things...the work place is very highschool setting..lots of drama..and i can not work in enviorments like that..i am an adult..associates in the tower act like children...
Pros
Gift basket
Cons
Poor management
fun and productive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrogate8 January 2018
Working with Bare essentials meant I got to work with and use a wide range of products everyday and it was my job to promote these to the general public. In my role I also got to create my own store events for local companies.
Overworked
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH7 January 2018
You are treated very unfair, the work you had to do was very easy but the people there made it very hard coming up with unnecessary things, arguing with you for nothing. The security was good but poor safety.
Pros
snacks
Cons
poor working conditions, horrible people to work with.
Nice work place, bad management, does not look of for their own staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY20 December 2017
You’d have a minimum daily sales goal
Competing against sales from other major brands.
Management is unorganized and unsupportive. Quick to fire and replace their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
For me it was working with arts
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA5 December 2017
It was fun working there, everyday you get to play with colors. There was no down time, if there is no customer we are always teaching each other different ways to use make-up or how to apply.
Fun
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 December 2017
Lots of traveling. I enjoyed the experience and glad I did it just wasn't fond of traveling. No work life balance. If you are single and love to travel go ahead.
Pros
See above
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun job
Special assignment (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH1 December 2017
I wish I could have been more then a temp service job cause I can see a future there. I would love meeting new people and do different things on the job.
Pros
Free gifts and hot chocolate
Cons
Temp job
great district manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 November 2017
I loved working for my district manager. It was a fun job with a lot of travel for national events. I was not crazy about doing make up but it was still very fun. A great learning experience.
Pros
Great regional management
Cons
upper management
Amazing Clients
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA25 November 2017
Was on the wholesale side and worked with Sephora and Ulta. Was able to meet amazing women daily. The company was constintly changing to try to find a new client instead of sticking to what they were good at "Minerals".
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Horrible Management - work anywhere else
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY22 November 2017
Not only did I never receive any of my Paid time off upon leaving, no one answers the phone at corporate. Hundreds of dollars I earned never recovered. Boutique management is horrible, condescending, sneaky and disrespectful. I have never worked somewhere like this is my life. During the year I worked here over 10 people resigned. I only am posting this review to help others, please find another place to work.
Very unorganized and unrealistic goals. Bad Management
Boutique Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ17 November 2017
The upper management was very unsupportive and hard to get in touch with. They have a 2 minute grace period before you are counted late, which I think is too short. They are demanding and expect too much for what they pay. The culture that they advertise is the polar opposite to reality. Lot's of gossiping and negative energy. I hated this job. My co-workers were very immature and gossiped about everyone. The company creates a culture of fear so everyone always thinks they are going to get fired. Foot traffic is down over 50% but they planned the store +20% over ly. They also have a bonus program that is impossible to get.
Pros
Discount is 40%
Cons
Culture, Over distribution of products, poor management
Awful management
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX9 November 2017
The store I worked at had a really bad problem with cliquing up. They would find someone to be rude to. What was worse about it was that the assistant manager was part of it and the store manager fed into it. I left a full time job working 40+ hours a week for Bare in hope that I would be happy, but I can honestly say, this job has made me miserable. I genuinely enjoyed working with customers and helping them find their makeup needs but getting treated badly and ignored is just not worth it.

Also we had 5 people in management positions and only 2 BA’s one of which only came in on saturdays.

PS. Don’t apply if you’re a makeup artist because the manager doesn’t hire makeup artists ( how quickly I learned and still question why I was hired on to begin with, with my background.)
Cons
Management was awful
Fun place to work
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 November 2017
Its a pretty great company to work for. They have great benefits for managers, but it can be pretty stressful when traffic is down. Overall, I'd totally recommend it, but keep options open because unless you're willing to re-locate, management positions don't open up that much.
Pros
great benefits, fair salary, fun environment
Cons
not enough advancement opportunities
great culture in company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA5 November 2017
Great work environment and highly talented staff of management. Company culture is great, team members are easy to work with and training and on boarding is effective.
Pros
PTO and benefits for full time employees
Cons
no set schedules. works nights, weekends, holidays, uncertainty in job security
Fun, energetic, make-up centered career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 September 2017
For a manager within the company, there is a balance of paper work, back office duties, coaching the team, corporate information, and also maintaining the team. Including observing the selling floor, assisting in difficult sales, performing any discounts on a transaction, and coaching the team to perform at their best. The shifts were mainly fun and upbeat, it's make-up! Retail has it ups and downs but I would work for this company again.
Pros
Paid time off was amazing if you were a full time employee, Working with the products is amazing, and you learn a lot about the industry.
Cons
anyone under an assistant manager or keyholder could only work a max of 24 hours., and black friday is a mandatory shift
My location was not motivated
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA21 September 2017
Because the other employees had been there for 5 years they were not open to being retrained. I had a lot of responsibilities that I was not paid enough for.
Kind and friendly environment.
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA14 September 2017
Great environment and steady non over whelming pace.
Customers are awesome and the team is great to work for.
Taught product knowledge and skills.
Made sure to always answer any questions I had and never made me feel less of myself for asking.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Long shifts.
To bring chang and beauty to woman lives
wearhouse associate (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OH3 September 2017
We put together beautiful beauty kits people order through the internet.
Pick pack and ship to there home.once and u will receive a sample of the next news products.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pick and pack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.