Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place NO HOURS!!!
Beauty ambassador (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Big discounts. Great learning experience. Awesome trainings. Family like staff.
Cons: Horrible hours.
Honestly it's a great place good atmosphere . Easy going just have to make your numbers. But has a big turn over because part time workers will only get 15 hrs . Can't do much with that. Other than that pay is good but it doesn't add up because of the 15 hrs. Good place for a teenager to work. Not good to try to make a living.
Productive place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Quiet and fast paced
Cons: could be a bit more fun
Co-workers are quite cooperative. The work is fast paced, pretty much tactical. Productivity is high, but the work place could be a bit more fun and lively with more communication among co-workers.
Wonderful people and culture, but tough to advance
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free coffee (kurig) and tea, great healthcare program
Cons: not great maternity benefits, could use gym memberships, etc.
Love the people I work with, they are bright warm and welcoming. Great VP's and Sr. Leadership, but some director level managers are questionable (while some are also outstanding). Difficult to interview, get the job and advance, but also a wonderful place to start or advance your career if the right opportunity presents itself. We are doing something special here.
Fun job, with good pay and great discounts!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great discount on all products, good starting pay, non commission sales, tips, great place to learn, fun atmosphere
Cons: on your feet all day, part time hours
A typical day at Bare Escentuals tidy up store, play with makeup, apply make up to clients, sell make up, play with make up again, clean areas, maintain client records, call clients to promote sales, occasional bridal party make up, prom make up, make unders, skin care instruction, restock shelves, cash handling, close drawers at the end of the night, clean up, give out samples, encourage upsales, advise on proper use of products and brushes, tell clients all about the Bare Minerals product line.

Co-workers were nice, everyone seemed to enjoy working with makeup and having fun. We had great training. The hardest part was just being on your feet all day in heels.

There was a great team feeling to this company. I only left because I became pregnant and had terrible morning sickness that prevented me from getting out of bed all day for around six weeks. I miss this company!
From Small Company to Corporate Giant
Direct Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Deep discounts or free BE cosmetics; status of working there
Cons: Experience not appreciated; young inexperienced staff
It's been several years since I've worked there, so the culture could have changed, but when I first started there, BE was a small company with less than 20 stores and probably around 200 employees, with 50 or so in the corporate offices, so great work was recognized, although not necessarily by salary increase.

There was a time when staff was involved with new product testing and the CEO met with staff to look at new product samples and she got almost everyone involved before the product was approved for launch. Staff appreciated the involvement, as well as the up close and personal relationship with the company leader.

Toward the end of my time there, company growth was rapid - I think in preparation for a take-over from a larger cosmetic company, and the younger employees were celebrated, embraced and promoted. At the beginning of 2006 most management was less than 35 years old! Those who were with the company from the beginning who helped build and grow the business were 'booted out', and other newer workers over 35 were slowly eliminated too.
good company
Senior Oracle Business System Analyst- Financial (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2015
very good company, good balance of life and work, good job culture. The compensation and benefits is around market level. Team is strong. Like to work in it.
Great place to learn metrics and customer service.
ASSISTANT BOUTIQUE MANAGER (Current Employee), Barboursville, WVJune 19, 2015
Pros: We get to help people every day.
Cons: No local trainers anymore, not alot of upward mobility.
Days are spent working to help other women feel good about themselves. We are very customer focused so we want to help women feel their personal best. Clients are very important to us and we work very hard to make sure every woman leaves feeling her personal best with all the right products.
Great experince
Make-up Artist (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Rewarded
Cons: part time
Great makeup techniques
fun co-workers down to earth
Had a great time working there i learn so much.
Everyday we learn something new.
Enjoyable company to work for and a great team to work with.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Company Perk Discount on product.
Cons: Job functions being moved to New Jersey
Really enjoy working at Bare Escentuals great work environment. Flexible schedule allows for the ideal job work and life balance. The relationship with management and co-workers is more of family and makes it very enjoyable to go to work each day.
Good Company, High Turn Around
Key Holder (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: very friendly company, good perks
Cons: overworked, never had a full staff
The company as a whole was great. That being said, it is majorly part time employees. There is a very high employee turn around and because of that, much of the time there was not a full staff.
If STORE MANAGER IS HORRIBLE... so will be your EXPERIENCE!
Beauty Ambass. (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 5, 2015
Pros: Gratis, Bootcamp training and other amazing BA's who feel love the industry!
Cons: HOURS!(lack of), MANAGEMENT!!
I worked at one in CT and the store manager was not only unethical but didn't even have any prior skin or cosmetic experience. Needless to say that she sat in the back room on the phone with another store manager all thru out her shift talking about her cat and men she met online! She makes up her own rules and makes it an uninviting place to work. She is NOT a team player and gives you hours based on if you are her "favorite". The assistant store manager and key holder have not only more experience and professionalism, but a strong passion for their job. Sadly, for many people this IS a career choice and when the store manager is playing games with your hours it is not a reliable position.The product is amazing BUT if the management is bad its all bad!!!! The other BA's you work with and meet are very nice and share the same passion. I learned just how important it is to have a manager who doesn't micro manage and isn't inexperienced!!
Beauty Ambassador Role
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee), west MidlandsMay 1, 2015
Really exciting position if you are young and determined. You do get dropped in at the deep end, however i found this helped me to learn quicker. Building relationship with customers and the staff discount is amazing. Yet there is a lot of pressure to meet targets etc.
Good incentives and lovely co-workers.
Horrible place to work
Customer service advisor (Former Employee), Basildon, ENGApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: no progression, bad wages, badly run
Beware of working here, bad management - no one here has a clue about running a business or treating their staff with respect. No room for progression.
They really care about their clients.
Assistant Boutique Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2015
Been with this company for 6 year. They have truly evolved in those 6 years and ways to stay with makeup trends without losing the integrity of the product. Typical work day is to make connections and lasting relationships with the clients. As a manager you are held to the same task as the Beauty Advisor in addition to day to day operational duties and growing the business.
Management have favourites
Shift worker (Former Employee), LogisticsMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch when big boss arrives
Cons: Long hours no thanks back stabbing
Worked in warehouse and had to leave due to the way things were run no respect no thought for the employees only paid lip service to show big bosses what they had done
The management that run site are ruining it
Amazing company who loves their people!!!
beauty ambassador (Current Employee), Chandler azMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free product
Cons: no healthcare for part time
I love coming to work. Working with the clients is fun. The management has taught me so much. There isn't a lot of opportunities for growth
Lots of shoes
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiana, DEMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free shoes
Cons: no health care
Great place to work very flexible, Magangment is enjoyable . Felxaible . Now Health insurance. Honest working poieple. Free makeup .Great training .overall fun !!!!!!!!
Beware
'beauty ambassdaor' (Former Employee), west midlandsFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: allocation.
Cons: high pressure sales, zero support in role and no progression, not paid for lunch, retail hours etc
I would absolutely N O T recommend working for this brand.

However, in addition to this it is low paid, the retail hours are very unsociable, there is hardly any room to progress other than the possibility of one day becoming business manager, which also doesn't pay well. I could go on....
Great Experience!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Has been my favorite company to wok for thus far! The company ensures that their employees are fully trained to do anything that could be asked of them to do as a makup artist.
Great company culture with passionate employees
Manager/Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: our event calendar is always full so there is always work to be done
Cons: busyness of the day leads to short breaks; being on my feet all day
At Bare Minerals the main focus is to be force of beauty.

My co-workers and I aim to make a positive difference in the lives of all the women (and Men) that we come into contact with. I've really learned the importance of carrying a genuine and honest spirit in order to cultivate long lasting relationships.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my day to day interactions with my team. The energy and strong relationships we build amongst each other is amazing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bare Escentuals

The foundation that launched the mineral makeup revolution, Bare Escentuals is more than just a beauty company. Since opening – Read more

Bare Escentuals Photos