Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Corporate
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2014
technology business relationship development, compliance, accounting, business development,

Good company for development. Great people, Good environment.
Great company, that experienced massive growing pains
Retail Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 2, 2014
Met many great people, and still have many friends to this day. They were very devoted to the core values of the company and product.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere for conducting desired beauty regimen on clients
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great place to work. Great staff and management. Bare Minerals is a great atmosphere where you work with various clients of all ages and races to get their desired beauty and skin care regimen. Greatest part is working with customers to help them find the product that work for them while enhancing your skills.
Fun, challenging, Educational
Key holder (Current Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 2, 2014
Wonderful co workers, Great discount, Taught me how to give the best customer service, Making someones day and being educational to my clients.
Productive and fun environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment with cosmetic perks or gratis
Cons: filling a shift when someone calls out sick, i would always get asked because management knew that i would help in that way
A typical day at work would be:
to prepare for sales and application techniques of the cosmetic retail products. As a beauty ambassador supplying the customers with valid reasons why a specific item would work for them allowed me to meet my daily sales goals. Building relationships with clients and coworkers provided a cohesive work environment.

I – more... learned that in the beauty industry cosmetics and skin care are always appreciated by those who want to give back to themselves, for self gratification, to build ones self esteem, and just because they enjoy the product and what it does for them.

The management staff was very personable and helpful. The coworkers were also helpful and whenever new employees were hired we all were still very cohesive and welcoming of the new team member.

The hardest part of the job was when coworkers would call out sick. I did not mind coming in to work to fill a shift, but it did take away from scheduled family events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I had the ability to use and share my artistic artistry, and learn from the other beauty ambassadors about artistry technique and sales strategies. – less
great brand, full of enegry
NATIONAL FIELD RECRUITER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
great team, innovative brand, and exciting growth. Loved working there
Fun, happy friendly place to work.
key holder (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
We get to work with make-up all day...I think that says it all. I feel lucky that I get to go to work every day helping women incorporate creativity and beauty into their every day regimen. At my Bare Mineral store we are all very connected, we welcome newcomers to the team like we welcome new family members; this has been such a refreshing environment – more... to walk into everyday.
I have learned a great deal working here, everything from improving my management skills to building up my artistry skills. – less
Slow growing company
Customer Service Escalations Coordinator (Former Employee), San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free makeup
No comment on this particular company. Only importance is you get your work done
Racist bias workplace
Guess my position? Hint WC (Former Employee), Groveport ohAugust 11, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: every racist thing about management
Racist racist racist!!!! Your getting judge the minute u walk in the door at that place rather your temp or full time ohhh and let u have a full time position off the street someone for years been banking on they go thru it all and high water to knock you off the pedestal smh at this place to the fullest they are pre mature in the growth and team development – more... around there they barely use 10% of there WMS they do a lot processes wrong and aren't open for change if u want a modern day slavery job where master rises up on pit equipment during monthly meetings be my guest an work at this America distribution center!!!!!!!!! – less
If your love natural, mineral makeup, this is the place for you
Sales Associate, Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2014
Best job I've ever had. Learned a lot about makeup and skincare. Fun, fast-paced environment.
Lovely Company
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 6, 2014
Bare is a great company. The management is fantastic at working with school schedules and other "issues" in life that might come up. It is essential that you cover most tattoo's (at least when I worked there). I do wish they focused on more artistry skills and advancement with that. Holiday time around Bare is fun! The training department is always – more... a joy! – less
Bare Escentuals Cosmetics Boutique
Beauty Ambassador/Key holder (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free make up. days went by fast.
This was a fast passed and demanding job. I worked on the management team. Held the key. Did administrative work. Helped with hiring and training the team. Worked at the register.
Fun if you love make up and people!
Beauty expert (Former Employee), LAJuly 17, 2014
Sales can be rewarding. I didn't feel that it was the right "culture" for me. You need to be comfortable being up close and personal with people. I got sick a lot constantly touching peoples faces and hands. We were taught to be extremely clean with our brushes and such but not everyone who came into the store gave us the same consideration. Germs.... – more... As a whole its still retail and retail sucks! – less
A Growing Company that has an incredible product with incredible people working for the brand
District Manager - North LA District (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an impact on the team I am leading! Because I am passionate about my team and the products and services we provide success is inevitable!
nice place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee), Novi, MIJune 10, 2014
it was a great place to work just time for advancement. the bardes part of the job was converting some customers over to a new foundation. the co-workers are great and being apart of the leadership/management team was great
Logistics
Logistics (Current Employee), san francisco, caMay 22, 2014
Pros: excellent philosophy
Cons: non competitve salaries
Very flexible company to work for with great benefits. Lots of fun events which include free food and drinks.
Learning everyday
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 23, 2014
Working with Red Prairie and learning the activities on the Po's and movement history on product.
Being a team player and having good co-workers to work with.
Company with an AMAZING Leaders
Regional Director (Former Employee), Midwest, TX and CentralMarch 23, 2014
I had an amzing time working with such a wonderful Leaders who inspired me every day.
They belived in me and I was able to accomplished all my goals.
People in stores were happy and we had so much fun during Company Events to ensure we make positive changes in woman life.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Groveport, OHMarch 13, 2014
Maintain a clean and orderly working environment. Ensure accurate picking, packing and shipping locations to support efficient warehouse process. Hardest part: overtime.
Not a good company to work for, Issues with management
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: discounts, team selling atmosphere.
Cons: minimal hours, scheduling, management, policies, rate of pay
I work in a very poorly run location. There is no effective means of communication, and company policies are implemented and ignored at will. Issues with management are common, as there is rarely any tact in the way employee's are treated and spoken to. Work is also not divided evenly, or fairly divided among employees and management. The company promotes – more... a culture centered around a, 'girlfriend experience' but that is rarely the case within the store. You will rarely receive more than 12 hours weekly, and scheduling requests are frequently ignored by management. I strongly believe this is just at my location, as we have a revolving door of turn-over's. Overall I would say go the department store route if you're interested in cosmetics. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Bare Escentuals

The foundation that launched the mineral makeup revolution, Bare Escentuals is more than just a beauty company. Since opening – Read more

Bare Escentuals Photos