Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Beware
'beauty ambassdaor' (Former Employee), west midlandsFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: allocation.
Cons: high pressure sales, zero support in role and no progression, not paid for lunch, retail hours etc
I would absolutely N O T recommend working for this brand.

However, in addition to this it is low paid, the retail hours are very unsociable, there is hardly any room to progress other than the possibility of one day becoming business manager, which also doesn't pay well. I could go on....
Great Experience!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Has been my favorite company to wok for thus far! The company ensures that their employees are fully trained to do anything that could be asked of them to do as a makup artist.
Great company culture with passionate employees
Manager/Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: our event calendar is always full so there is always work to be done
Cons: busyness of the day leads to short breaks; being on my feet all day
At Bare Minerals the main focus is to be force of beauty.

My co-workers and I aim to make a positive difference in the lives of all the women (and Men) that we come into contact with. I've really learned the importance of carrying a genuine and honest spirit in order to cultivate long lasting relationships.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my day to day interactions with my team. The energy and strong relationships we build amongst each other is amazing.
Fun interacting with new customers on a daily basis.
key holder (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: benefits, no room for job advancement
Interacting with customers, up-selling products. Really enjoyed making the customers feel good about themselves.
Very fun place to work, comforting coworkers who really care about you.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, txJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: makeup gratis, fun boot camps
Cons: part time only job. can't get many hours a week
This has been a very well experience for me to work at a place that I had no experience with. I had no idea how to apply makeup, or anything about their product. I have came to learn a lot from this company. Everyone is a great help, and managers are very comforting people. Everyone always tends to be there when ever you need to talk about anything with.
Excellent Company to work for
Private Contractor (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for. I work for Marriott for 6 years and I was very much taken care of.
Corporate
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2014
technology business relationship development, compliance, accounting, business development,

Good company for development. Great people, Good environment.
Great company, that experienced massive growing pains
Retail Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 2, 2014
Met many great people, and still have many friends to this day. They were very devoted to the core values of the company and product.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere for conducting desired beauty regimen on clients
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great place to work. Great staff and management. Bare Minerals is a great atmosphere where you work with various clients of all ages and races to get their desired beauty and skin care regimen. Greatest part is working with customers to help them find the product that work for them while enhancing your skills.
Fun, challenging, Educational
Key holder (Current Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 2, 2014
Wonderful co workers, Great discount, Taught me how to give the best customer service, Making someones day and being educational to my clients.
Productive and fun environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment with cosmetic perks or gratis
Cons: filling a shift when someone calls out sick, i would always get asked because management knew that i would help in that way
A typical day at work would be:
to prepare for sales and application techniques of the cosmetic retail products. As a beauty ambassador supplying the customers with valid reasons why a specific item would work for them allowed me to meet my daily sales goals. Building relationships with clients and coworkers provided a cohesive work environment.

I learned that in the beauty industry cosmetics and skin care are always appreciated by those who want to give back to themselves, for self gratification, to build ones self esteem, and just because they enjoy the product and what it does for them.

The management staff was very personable and helpful. The coworkers were also helpful and whenever new employees were hired we all were still very cohesive and welcoming of the new team member.

The hardest part of the job was when coworkers would call out sick. I did not mind coming in to work to fill a shift, but it did take away from scheduled family events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I had the ability to use and share my artistic artistry, and learn from the other beauty ambassadors about artistry technique and sales strategies.
great brand, full of enegry
NATIONAL FIELD RECRUITER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
great team, innovative brand, and exciting growth. Loved working there
Fun, happy friendly place to work.
key holder (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
We get to work with make-up all day...I think that says it all. I feel lucky that I get to go to work every day helping women incorporate creativity and beauty into their every day regimen. At my Bare Mineral store we are all very connected, we welcome newcomers to the team like we welcome new family members; this has been such a refreshing environment to walk into everyday.
I have learned a great deal working here, everything from improving my management skills to building up my artistry skills.
Slow growing company
Customer Service Escalations Coordinator (Former Employee), San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free makeup
No comment on this particular company. Only importance is you get your work done
Racist bias workplace
Guess my position? Hint WC (Former Employee), Groveport ohAugust 11, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: every racist thing about management
Racist racist racist!!!! Your getting judge the minute u walk in the door at that place rather your temp or full time ohhh and let u have a full time position off the street someone for years been banking on they go thru it all and high water to knock you off the pedestal smh at this place to the fullest they are pre mature in the growth and team development around there they barely use 10% of there WMS they do a lot processes wrong and aren't open for change if u want a modern day slavery job where master rises up on pit equipment during monthly meetings be my guest an work at this America distribution center!!!!!!!!!
If your love natural, mineral makeup, this is the place for you
Sales Associate, Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2014
Best job I've ever had. Learned a lot about makeup and skincare. Fun, fast-paced environment.
Lovely Company
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 6, 2014
Bare is a great company. The management is fantastic at working with school schedules and other "issues" in life that might come up. It is essential that you cover most tattoo's (at least when I worked there). I do wish they focused on more artistry skills and advancement with that. Holiday time around Bare is fun! The training department is always a joy!
Bare Escentuals Cosmetics Boutique
Beauty Ambassador/Key holder (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free make up. days went by fast.
This was a fast passed and demanding job. I worked on the management team. Held the key. Did administrative work. Helped with hiring and training the team. Worked at the register.
Fun if you love make up and people!
Beauty expert (Former Employee), LAJuly 17, 2014
Sales can be rewarding. I didn't feel that it was the right "culture" for me. You need to be comfortable being up close and personal with people. I got sick a lot constantly touching peoples faces and hands. We were taught to be extremely clean with our brushes and such but not everyone who came into the store gave us the same consideration. Germs.... As a whole its still retail and retail sucks!
A Growing Company that has an incredible product with incredible people working for the brand
District Manager - North LA District (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an impact on the team I am leading! Because I am passionate about my team and the products and services we provide success is inevitable!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bare Escentuals

The foundation that launched the mineral makeup revolution, Bare Escentuals is more than just a beauty company. Since opening – Read more

Bare Escentuals Photos