Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

LOVED IT!!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time while I was there. A typical day consists in assisting clients in finding their needs, and also meeting daily sales goals. I learned so many things from undertones to shades. My make-up definitely evolved from here. From birthdays, special occasions , & holidays it makes me so happy to be apart of it. I get to work with these clients and make a difference in their day. It's heart warming when I'm able to share my knowledge with my clients. The hardest part of the job would be the extra pressure when daily goals aren't met. Even when you do your best , your effort and dedication would go unnoticed. Management was awesome, except certain things can be changed around. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to help someone and sharing my knowledge with them!! Making her feel special as the women she is!!
Pros
Discounts, Gratis.
Cons
Minimum hours, Lack professionalism, No benefits
Productive professional workplace with great people and clients
key holder (Former Employee) –  berkeley, caOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work would include opening and or closing the store, making the schedule for the day, lunches etc, set sales goals, talk with associates about sales goals, build associates and work on problem areas. Greeting clients talking to them about our products, sitting them down, giving them facials, applying make up, teaching them how to, etc.
Pros
amazing co workers and clients.
Cons
no set hours or benefits
Wonderful people and culture, but tough to advance
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 17, 2015
Love the people I work with, they are bright warm and welcoming. Great VP's and Sr. Leadership, but some director level managers are questionable (while some are also outstanding). Difficult to interview, get the job and advance, but also a wonderful place to start or advance your career if the right opportunity presents itself. We are doing something special here.
Pros
free coffee (kurig) and tea, great healthcare program
Cons
not great maternity benefits, could use gym memberships, etc.
From Small Company to Corporate Giant
Direct Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2015
It's been several years since I've worked there, so the culture could have changed, but when I first started there, BE was a small company with less than 20 stores and probably around 200 employees, with 50 or so in the corporate offices, so great work was recognized, although not necessarily by salary increase.

There was a time when staff was involved with new product testing and the CEO met with staff to look at new product samples and she got almost everyone involved before the product was approved for launch. Staff appreciated the involvement, as well as the up close and personal relationship with the company leader.

Toward the end of my time there, company growth was rapid - I think in preparation for a take-over from a larger cosmetic company, and the younger employees were celebrated, embraced and promoted. At the beginning of 2006 most management was less than 35 years old! Those who were with the company from the beginning who helped build and grow the business were 'booted out', and other newer workers over 35 were slowly eliminated too.
Pros
Deep discounts or free BE cosmetics; status of working there
Cons
Experience not appreciated; young inexperienced staff
Bare Escentuals is the best company I have worked for.
Asistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 4, 2015
I am so glad I have the opportunity to work for a company that practices work-life balance and has realistic expectations for achieving sales goals. I have learned to be more encouraging in my management style.
The hardest part of the job is getting and keeping a work force that is mature and goal driven. Most positions are PT, therefore, you attract a younger work force that does not have the same ownership in the business as the FT does.
Getting to come to work and open emails from your District Manager and up that is excited about the successes, understands the challenges and is still encouraging and happy for each person out in the Boutiques, Outlets and Retail Partners that helps grow this business.
The Girlfriend Experience
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company! I always looked forward to going into work because it was such a positive environment and I was always learning something new. The product practically sells itself because everything is simply amazing, so you always have the opportunity to make your sales goals as long as you have product knowledge. I was able to make a lot of friends, coworkers and clients, we were always having a good time!
Pros
You always get a break, it's a positive environment, you always have fun
Cons
Short shifts, not a lot of hours if you aren't management
good company
Senior Oracle Business System Analyst- Financial (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2015
very good company, good balance of life and work, good job culture. The compensation and benefits is around market level. Team is strong. Like to work in it.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolJune 10, 2016
Some days I was really busy, others it was quite slow, depending on the time of year and the shift I had. I met loads of great customers, new faces everyday. Built up a relationship with my co-workers and customers.
Hardest part was leaving the company.
The most enjoyable part was meeting loads of new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
with new management and HR teams company would be perfect
Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job and very minimal supervision
management is very unorganized and does not listen to employees HR only listens to superiors needs new HR team and new management team fresh minds
coworkers were awesome and everyone got along great
Awesome place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bare. I made some life long friends and created a client basis of my own from working here. I was educated in artistry and was applauded and uplifted the whole way. Scheduling was always precise and management was laid back but straight to the point. Loved working here
Fun place to work
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2016
This company was great to work for. It was a mineral make-up store. The idea is to make all our customers to have a girlfriend experience. It was my job to make them feel comfortable and make them knowledgeable about our products.
Pros
Awesome fun work environment
Cons
The crowds were sometime overwhelming
Immature cliques
Spa Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2016
It's like the Devil Wears Prada, it isn't about how well you do your job, it's how well you suck up to management. Most people spend their time gossiping instead of working.
Pros
free makeup, cool office
Cons
everything else
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 12, 2016
Loved working for this brand. Makeup is organic and skin friendly. I learned a lot while working for them. Their makeup school is awesome and so are the people. Management was awesome as well. Very humble and helpful.
Pros
Gratis, Management
Cons
Wage
Nice place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2016
Bare Escentuals is a nice place to work and had a great culture. I learned a great deal during my time there. Everyone was a team player and worked together to make new launches succeed.
horrible management
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2016
Was called to come in for an interview. I arrived on time and then the manager left me waiting for over 20 minutes without a word. I ended up leaving, without being interviewed.
Bare Escentuals
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2016
Company is relocating and all the jobs are being moved to the East Coast.
There is a good life/work balance and the co-workers are amazing.
The Customer Rocks
Boutique Manager, Times Square and SoHo (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYApril 1, 2016
Client engagement experience is amazing. We offer an experience that should make a positive difference in the lives of women.
well
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 18, 2012
My typical day was working on different line they had 8 lines so on Mondays we would be assinged to aline, worked on our kits for the week and to meet our goal, I learn by working there how the kits where put together to make them look nice. My management where good people, my manager was and supervier where always there if we needed to talk about things in the work area. They where awesome!!! and as for my co-workers they where good people i got along very well with them. Well as far as the hard part there wasn't a hard part. The enjoyable of that job was that it was a fun place to work cause of the people everyday was something fun, cause we always worked as teams.
Pros
had great partys, they would buy us pizzas at ttimes
Cons
not alot of overtime, and our raise was not to good
Good
Sr. PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  SFO, CASeptember 28, 2015
Very good over all
Good culture,
Good work life balance,
Had a very good learning as well.
Would recommend highly for this company.
Loved It
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 8, 2015
It was my favorite job ever! I just didn't like how when my manager left i wasn't event allowed to interview for the counter manager position because i didn't have "manager" experience. I had already worked at the counter for a while and the former manager TRAINED ME to take her position while she was gone until they found someone else. I did everything she was in charge of but I was told I wasn't qualified. It was mostly Macy's as the reason I left. They bought out our lease and had to change over to their rules. It made my job a nightmare. All they cared about was pushing credit cards and their the ones who wouldn't let me take the manager position. Bare essentials also stated me at 10 an hr which I thought was great!