Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

awesome enviorment where you get to work doing what you love
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 11, 2016
this was a great company to work for. I am glad i had the experience and oppurtunity to work there and learn everyday. Managment always tried to be flexible with our employees and make sure everyones being treated fairly.
worst company I have ever worked for
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 11, 2016
Do not work at this location the AS is nothing but a trouble maker. A real sociopath. Everyone who I worked with didn't understand how she was never fired. Everyone quits. I lasted 6 months. I was bullied out by management because all my co workers liked me. So much drama & favoritism with upper management. They get involved with your personal life. Try to tell you that you cant be friends outside of work with associates because of being a "key holder". To this day 8 years later, I am still good friends with my co workers. Amazing,strong woman who all have quit & most have become successful while the AS is still working there. The AS tried to belittle, put you down, make fun of you & gets everyone to hate each other by telling lies. The ones who believed her where just not smart enough to figure it out.
HR was no help or upper management. They all tell the same story like they are brain washed. Terrible company & horrible environment to be in.
Pros
discount, great co workers, but not all
Cons
management, pressure to sell, cut throat environment, drama
Nasty and horr
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 10, 2016
The nastiest people to work with!!! Managers and staff are rude and inconsiderate. Very pretentious environment and staff are extremely vile. Was bullied a lot throughout my employment and it is safe to say I hate this company and everything it stands for and the people who represent it. Worked here over 2 years and was not once awarded for my hard work. No chance of progression
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rubbish
great company
Planner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great company and talent. Would have stayed but the company is relocating to NYC. Great experience overall.
Awesome place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bare. I made some life long friends and created a client basis of my own from working here. I was educated in artistry and was applauded and uplifted the whole way. Scheduling was always precise and management was laid back but straight to the point. Loved working here
Fun place to work
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2016
This company was great to work for. It was a mineral make-up store. The idea is to make all our customers to have a girlfriend experience. It was my job to make them feel comfortable and make them knowledgeable about our products.
Pros
Awesome fun work environment
Cons
The crowds were sometime overwhelming
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolJune 10, 2016
Some days I was really busy, others it was quite slow, depending on the time of year and the shift I had. I met loads of great customers, new faces everyday. Built up a relationship with my co-workers and customers.
Hardest part was leaving the company.
The most enjoyable part was meeting loads of new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Nice place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2016
Bare Escentuals is a nice place to work and had a great culture. I learned a great deal during my time there. Everyone was a team player and worked together to make new launches succeed.
The Girlfriend Experience
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company! I always looked forward to going into work because it was such a positive environment and I was always learning something new. The product practically sells itself because everything is simply amazing, so you always have the opportunity to make your sales goals as long as you have product knowledge. I was able to make a lot of friends, coworkers and clients, we were always having a good time!
Pros
You always get a break, it's a positive environment, you always have fun
Cons
Short shifts, not a lot of hours if you aren't management
Bare Escentuals
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2016
Company is relocating and all the jobs are being moved to the East Coast.
There is a good life/work balance and the co-workers are amazing.
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 12, 2016
Loved working for this brand. Makeup is organic and skin friendly. I learned a lot while working for them. Their makeup school is awesome and so are the people. Management was awesome as well. Very humble and helpful.
Pros
Gratis, Management
Cons
Wage
horrible management
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2016
Was called to come in for an interview. I arrived on time and then the manager left me waiting for over 20 minutes without a word. I ended up leaving, without being interviewed.
The Customer Rocks
Boutique Manager, Times Square and SoHo (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYApril 1, 2016
Client engagement experience is amazing. We offer an experience that should make a positive difference in the lives of women.
Immature cliques
Spa Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2016
It's like the Devil Wears Prada, it isn't about how well you do your job, it's how well you suck up to management. Most people spend their time gossiping instead of working.
Pros
free makeup, cool office
Cons
everything else
with new management and HR teams company would be perfect
Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job and very minimal supervision
management is very unorganized and does not listen to employees HR only listens to superiors needs new HR team and new management team fresh minds
coworkers were awesome and everyone got along great
LOVED IT!!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time while I was there. A typical day consists in assisting clients in finding their needs, and also meeting daily sales goals. I learned so many things from undertones to shades. My make-up definitely evolved from here. From birthdays, special occasions , & holidays it makes me so happy to be apart of it. I get to work with these clients and make a difference in their day. It's heart warming when I'm able to share my knowledge with my clients. The hardest part of the job would be the extra pressure when daily goals aren't met. Even when you do your best , your effort and dedication would go unnoticed. Management was awesome, except certain things can be changed around. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to help someone and sharing my knowledge with them!! Making her feel special as the women she is!!
Pros
Discounts, Gratis.
Cons
Minimum hours, Lack professionalism, No benefits
Outstanding
Sales/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
If you love working short hours in a fast paste environment this will be the place for you. I will really love the atmosphere and the managers are super duper nice and positive. I will recommend this job to anyone.
Worst Management!
beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon ThamesNovember 10, 2015
I worked for bare minerals, and I loved what I was doing since I love dealing with people and I love makeup! However my time there did put me off, I had the worst area Manager that in the end disrespect me completely and she did the same thing to her other staff. Even the bare minerals girls are very fake it's not a good company to work for, don't waste time applying!
overall
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2015
I have learned quite a bit being on the team. There are many meetings. Many changes going on in the company and many folks changing as well.
Pros
if you are female you have the perk of make-up if you wear it
Cons
so many meetings
Productive professional workplace with great people and clients
key holder (Former Employee) –  berkeley, caOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work would include opening and or closing the store, making the schedule for the day, lunches etc, set sales goals, talk with associates about sales goals, build associates and work on problem areas. Greeting clients talking to them about our products, sitting them down, giving them facials, applying make up, teaching them how to, etc.
Pros
amazing co workers and clients.
Cons
no set hours or benefits