Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company, High Turn Around
Key Holder (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: very friendly company, good perks
Cons: overworked, never had a full staff
The company as a whole was great. That being said, it is majorly part time employees. There is a very high employee turn around and because of that, much of the time there was not a full staff.
If STORE MANAGER IS HORRIBLE... so will be your EXPERIENCE!
Beauty Ambass. (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 5, 2015
Pros: Gratis, Bootcamp training and other amazing BA's who feel love the industry!
Cons: HOURS!(lack of), MANAGEMENT!!
I worked at one in CT and the store manager was not only unethical but didn't even have any prior skin or cosmetic experience. Needless to say that she sat in the back room on the phone with another store manager all thru out her shift talking about her cat and men she met online! She makes up her own rules and makes it an uninviting place to work. She is NOT a team player and gives you hours based on if you are her "favorite". The assistant store manager and key holder have not only more experience and professionalism, but a strong passion for their job. Sadly, for many people this IS a career choice and when the store manager is playing games with your hours it is not a reliable position.The product is amazing BUT if the management is bad its all bad!!!! The other BA's you work with and meet are very nice and share the same passion. I learned just how important it is to have a manager who doesn't micro manage and isn't inexperienced!!
Beauty Ambassador Role
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee), west MidlandsMay 1, 2015
Really exciting position if you are young and determined. You do get dropped in at the deep end, however i found this helped me to learn quicker. Building relationship with customers and the staff discount is amazing. Yet there is a lot of pressure to meet targets etc.
Good incentives and lovely co-workers.
Horrible place to work
Customer service advisor (Former Employee), Basildon, ENGApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: no progression, bad wages, badly run
Beware of working here, bad management - no one here has a clue about running a business or treating their staff with respect. No room for progression.
They really care about their clients.
Assistant Boutique Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2015
Been with this company for 6 year. They have truly evolved in those 6 years and ways to stay with makeup trends without losing the integrity of the product. Typical work day is to make connections and lasting relationships with the clients. As a manager you are held to the same task as the Beauty Advisor in addition to day to day operational duties and growing the business.
Management have favourites
Shift worker (Former Employee), LogisticsMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch when big boss arrives
Cons: Long hours no thanks back stabbing
Worked in warehouse and had to leave due to the way things were run no respect no thought for the employees only paid lip service to show big bosses what they had done
The management that run site are ruining it
Amazing company who loves their people!!!
beauty ambassador (Current Employee), Chandler azMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free product
Cons: no healthcare for part time
I love coming to work. Working with the clients is fun. The management has taught me so much. There isn't a lot of opportunities for growth
Lots of shoes
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiana, DEMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free shoes
Cons: no health care
Great place to work very flexible, Magangment is enjoyable . Felxaible . Now Health insurance. Honest working poieple. Free makeup .Great training .overall fun !!!!!!!!
Beware
'beauty ambassdaor' (Former Employee), west midlandsFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: allocation.
Cons: high pressure sales, zero support in role and no progression, not paid for lunch, retail hours etc
I would absolutely N O T recommend working for this brand.

However, in addition to this it is low paid, the retail hours are very unsociable, there is hardly any room to progress other than the possibility of one day becoming business manager, which also doesn't pay well. I could go on....
Great Experience!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Has been my favorite company to wok for thus far! The company ensures that their employees are fully trained to do anything that could be asked of them to do as a makup artist.
Great company culture with passionate employees
Manager/Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: our event calendar is always full so there is always work to be done
Cons: busyness of the day leads to short breaks; being on my feet all day
At Bare Minerals the main focus is to be force of beauty.

My co-workers and I aim to make a positive difference in the lives of all the women (and Men) that we come into contact with. I've really learned the importance of carrying a genuine and honest spirit in order to cultivate long lasting relationships.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my day to day interactions with my team. The energy and strong relationships we build amongst each other is amazing.
Fun interacting with new customers on a daily basis.
key holder (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: benefits, no room for job advancement
Interacting with customers, up-selling products. Really enjoyed making the customers feel good about themselves.
Very fun place to work, comforting coworkers who really care about you.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, txJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: makeup gratis, fun boot camps
Cons: part time only job. can't get many hours a week
This has been a very well experience for me to work at a place that I had no experience with. I had no idea how to apply makeup, or anything about their product. I have came to learn a lot from this company. Everyone is a great help, and managers are very comforting people. Everyone always tends to be there when ever you need to talk about anything with.
Excellent Company to work for
Private Contractor (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for. I work for Marriott for 6 years and I was very much taken care of.
Corporate
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2014
technology business relationship development, compliance, accounting, business development,

Good company for development. Great people, Good environment.
Great company, that experienced massive growing pains
Retail Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 2, 2014
Met many great people, and still have many friends to this day. They were very devoted to the core values of the company and product.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere for conducting desired beauty regimen on clients
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great place to work. Great staff and management. Bare Minerals is a great atmosphere where you work with various clients of all ages and races to get their desired beauty and skin care regimen. Greatest part is working with customers to help them find the product that work for them while enhancing your skills.
Fun, challenging, Educational
Key holder (Current Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 2, 2014
Wonderful co workers, Great discount, Taught me how to give the best customer service, Making someones day and being educational to my clients.
Productive and fun environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment with cosmetic perks or gratis
Cons: filling a shift when someone calls out sick, i would always get asked because management knew that i would help in that way
A typical day at work would be:
to prepare for sales and application techniques of the cosmetic retail products. As a beauty ambassador supplying the customers with valid reasons why a specific item would work for them allowed me to meet my daily sales goals. Building relationships with clients and coworkers provided a cohesive work environment.

I learned that in the beauty industry cosmetics and skin care are always appreciated by those who want to give back to themselves, for self gratification, to build ones self esteem, and just because they enjoy the product and what it does for them.

The management staff was very personable and helpful. The coworkers were also helpful and whenever new employees were hired we all were still very cohesive and welcoming of the new team member.

The hardest part of the job was when coworkers would call out sick. I did not mind coming in to work to fill a shift, but it did take away from scheduled family events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I had the ability to use and share my artistic artistry, and learn from the other beauty ambassadors about artistry technique and sales strategies.
great brand, full of enegry
NATIONAL FIELD RECRUITER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
great team, innovative brand, and exciting growth. Loved working there

1 2 3 4 5

About Bare Escentuals

The foundation that launched the mineral makeup revolution, Bare Escentuals is more than just a beauty company. Since opening – Read more

Bare Escentuals Photos