Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Good
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2017
Nice working environment. Great teamwork and communication. High targets to meet. All departments work closely together. Great brand ethics, all employees represent the brand.
Fun clean environment
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI15 April 2017
Fun place to work. Some store managers are fair others are not. Loyal customers always come back. District managers are not always fair. meaning somethings apply to some but not all. Managers have the best compensation. The team doing most of the work have part time hours with part time pay.
Pros
awesome discount
Cons
not enough coverage
It's been a long road
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas11 April 2017
They don't pay well so the turn over is high. Upper mgmt changes too often and not enough positive reinforcement for a job well done. Associates do not receive benefits, no vacation, no weekends, very little gratis. Not a lot of perks
Pros
Makeup
Cons
No work life balance
Store closings
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT5 April 2017
I would advise anyone to save themselves from having to look for another job sooner than later and not accept employment in a Bare Minerals boutique.
They are closing boutiques and not being honest about it to prospective managers during they're recruiting and hiring process.
I found out the hard way.
Pros
Great product, 50% discount
Cons
No stability, dishonest district and regional managers
Great product and company...
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN27 March 2017
Bare Escentuals is a wonderful company to work for if you love not only beauty products, but especially natural beauty products. They are great about rewarding their teams when they accomplish milestones.
Fun and exciting place to work for.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA20 March 2017
-managed team
-learned how to work with different personalities to help drive sales
-used the resources to help motivate, inspire the team
-the culture is fun and sales are the drive force
-most enjoyable of the job is working with new and different employees. Also, building and maintaining clientele is exciting
I loved working here!
Beauty Ambassador/MUA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO2 March 2017
Fun job, great people to work with. I learned a lot about the makeup industry and believe you could grow easily with the company. I would work here again if I needed to. Left to attempt to follow my passion.
BE was a very fun and creative environment
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 February 2017
Bare Escentuals was a wonderful place to work. As a leading beauty brand the company was always creating and launching new and exciting products in the cosmetics industry.

A day at BE was never the same as the day before! There was always something new and challenging to take on and wonderful people to work with and for.
Cons
Parent Company relocated Bare Escentuals to the East Coast!
Horrible copany to work for
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA7 February 2017
good customers
gratis
never any meetings
no uniforms
Pros
gratis
Cons
poor management
Bare Escentuals
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN6 February 2017
A typical day at work consisted of meeting sale goals, cosmetic makeovers and tutorials for customers, setting up merchandise displays, and explaining product knowledge or information on products to customers.
Pros
Learn how to do apply makeup better
Cons
a relatively low pay wage
Previously worked here
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY30 January 2017
Everything was great when I first started, but it quickly changed as there is no manager there and a lot went on while I was working there, beauty advisors are racists and everyone wants to be a manager. No structure or organization in this boutique, in desperate need of a manager and a great one . I left due to many strenuous racists accounts I have encountered while working there. It wasn't worth my time nor skill level I advance myself to over the years. An okay place to start a makeup career but highly advise to get the experience for a next makeup position and move on.
Pros
makeup discount
Cons
Racist, high employee turn over rate, No manager
Bare Escentuals is a good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MN6 January 2017
Overall this is a good company. At the time I was work working there the company was changing very quickly.
A typical day was different everyday.
Coaching sales in stores, planning business
Looking for more sales,
Strategically understanding how to grow the market
My coworkers were fabulous
Great company and product!
Sales Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 December 2016
Wonderful company to work for! Friendly team and management, and great culture. The products are easy to use and made extremely well. Loyal customers and clients so its very easy to sell and be genuine when recommending items to guests.
High turnover
Key holder/Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey28 December 2016
Short Hills nj location has a very high turnover rate. People are always quitting, boutique manager is extremely unprofessional. The pay is crappie the hours are long, no work life balance. I wouldn't recommend this company especially this location.
Pros
Free makeup
Cons
Small pay, 2 minutes grace period, long hours
Fantastic work environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO8 December 2016
This is a great place to work. Wonderful team of women helping you every step of the way. So much knowledge with makeup and women's skin types. would recommend this job to anyone who loves makeup and customer service.
Love the products & generous
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA5 December 2016
I opened the bay's lone in a new opening store. I was hired as part time but worked full time plus overtime. I enjoyed the store & loved the products. The hardest part was not getting the help I needed from the management.
Pros
Lots of free products
Cons
Not getting promoted after doing the job for months
Fun place to work
Bare Escentuals Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CA1 December 2016
Fun and innovative. Team players are most welcome. Positive feedback. Weekly meetings to catch up. Extra gratis given for great performances. The team is receptive positive and up beat. If your self motivated I highly recommend this company. Cosmetics are inexpensive and up to date with the worlds complex economy. I highly recommend for those who are goal oriented and inventive. Incentives don't come often, this is a job for makeup lovers, helpful people, entrepreneurs, and creative individuals whose incentive and main reasons for their job are their clients and helping others.
Pros
Gratis creative flexible
Cons
Healthcare long hours of standing lifting
Great Company to work,
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 December 2016
Great Company to work,

Strong management Skills requirement. Sales and international skills requirements.

People require to be mentally alert, good clientele.
fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Basildon24 November 2016
can be stressful at times, co workers were great got on with them all and the harest part was hitting your daily target because sometimes you cound not achive it.
a great place to work until they moved the HQ to New York
Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 November 2016
a great place to work until they moved the HQ to New York. Great work/life balance. Management was ok, The culture was great and so were some of the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.