Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Fun, energetic, make-up centered career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 September 2017
For a manager within the company, there is a balance of paper work, back office duties, coaching the team, corporate information, and also maintaining the team. Including observing the selling floor, assisting in difficult sales, performing any discounts on a transaction, and coaching the team to perform at their best. The shifts were mainly fun and upbeat, it's make-up! Retail has it ups and downs but I would work for this company again.
Pros
Paid time off was amazing if you were a full time employee, Working with the products is amazing, and you learn a lot about the industry.
Cons
anyone under an assistant manager or keyholder could only work a max of 24 hours., and black friday is a mandatory shift
My location was not motivated
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA21 September 2017
Because the other employees had been there for 5 years they were not open to being retrained. I had a lot of responsibilities that I was not paid enough for.
Kind and friendly environment.
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA14 September 2017
Great environment and steady non over whelming pace.
Customers are awesome and the team is great to work for.
Taught product knowledge and skills.
Made sure to always answer any questions I had and never made me feel less of myself for asking.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Long shifts.
To bring chang and beauty to woman lives
wearhouse associate (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OH3 September 2017
We put together beautiful beauty kits people order through the internet.
Pick pack and ship to there home.once and u will receive a sample of the next news products.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pick and pack
Find Something Better
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY4 August 2017
Poor pay. No sick days, paid time off, and poor insurance. Could be a great company of they were willing to invest more in their staff and should be willing to provide more benefits.
Great Company
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI9 July 2017
Bare Minerals is a great company to work for. There are many great incentives and perks. However, management is very unfair, spiteful, and deceiving. Management is also very rude to their employees and sometimes even customers. Other than management, the workplace environment and the products are amazing.
Pros
Compensation, product, incentives
Cons
Terrible management, unavailable hours
Enjoyed my time at bare minerals
Beauty ambassador (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI9 July 2017
Very fun place to work, everyone works as a team. Management expects everyone to work. If you want to stand around, apply elsewhere. Gratis, sale incentives and employee discount are generous. Pay was very competitive.
Pros
Fun place to work, employee discount
Laid back Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OH28 June 2017
Bare Escentuals is a great place to work if you are self motivated and like to fight your way to the top. The hardest part of the job is being able to standout and get noticed for going above and beyond.
Pros
a set schedule, lots of over time
Cons
benefits are horrible, merits rarely reflect the quality of work done.
Overall Decent
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI22 June 2017
Overall fun job but management can sometimes block the joy out of the job due to immature, petty, and deceitful behavior. Compensation is relatively competitive.
A lot of pressure
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
Good job if you are willing to work long hours for low rate of pay, but staff rewards are good and commission is ok especially at Xmas time. Good training is provided but there are too many managers wishing the company at the moment
Pros
Good product allocation
Cons
Constantly working weekends and money is not fabulous
Good for your skin products
Beauty Ambassador / Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  John Lewis Oxford Street13 June 2017
I have very much enjoyed working for Bare Escentuals and learning about mineral make up. The products are innovative and gentle for every type of skin, easy to apply and accessible price points. I have found Bare Escentuals a fun place to work at. I most enjoy making customers feel good. When you look good, you feel good. It's a boost for your confidence levels. I enjoy seeing that. The hardest part of my job has been job security. I enjoy stability and I want a long term job.
Pros
Natural non-chemical products to work with
Cons
Job Security
Ok place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 June 2017
This is a very old school office setting. Old computers and technology. Summer fridays and nice benefits package are among this I would list as Pro's.
Pros
Summer Fridays/Good Benefits
Cons
Old school office setting
Horrible Management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX ulta7 June 2017
Absolutely the worst, most unprofessional "team" I was apart of!
I have been in the cosmetic industry for 13 years and I have never come across such disfuction
The job posted for Lubbock is costistantly open because sales specialist refuse to work with the coordinator and executive. Even the ulta management (the partner) doesn't want to work with them.
Negativity isn't my way but I honestly can not say one positive thing
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no communication
Relaxed friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 May 2017
Employees, and management were friendly. Job was not too stressful. Pay was low, but never felt over worked. Only concerns I had were with advancement, or job transferring.
Good
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2017
Nice working environment. Great teamwork and communication. High targets to meet. All departments work closely together. Great brand ethics, all employees represent the brand.
Fun clean environment
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI15 April 2017
Fun place to work. Some store managers are fair others are not. Loyal customers always come back. District managers are not always fair. meaning somethings apply to some but not all. Managers have the best compensation. The team doing most of the work have part time hours with part time pay.
Pros
awesome discount
Cons
not enough coverage
It's been a long road
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas11 April 2017
They don't pay well so the turn over is high. Upper mgmt changes too often and not enough positive reinforcement for a job well done. Associates do not receive benefits, no vacation, no weekends, very little gratis. Not a lot of perks
Pros
Makeup
Cons
No work life balance
Store closings
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT5 April 2017
I would advise anyone to save themselves from having to look for another job sooner than later and not accept employment in a Bare Minerals boutique.
They are closing boutiques and not being honest about it to prospective managers during they're recruiting and hiring process.
I found out the hard way.
Pros
Great product, 50% discount
Cons
No stability, dishonest district and regional managers
Great product and company...
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN27 March 2017
Bare Escentuals is a wonderful company to work for if you love not only beauty products, but especially natural beauty products. They are great about rewarding their teams when they accomplish milestones.
Fun and exciting place to work for.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA20 March 2017
-managed team
-learned how to work with different personalities to help drive sales
-used the resources to help motivate, inspire the team
-the culture is fun and sales are the drive force
-most enjoyable of the job is working with new and different employees. Also, building and maintaining clientele is exciting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.