Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible management
Interviewer (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 10, 2016
Pros: none
Was called to come in for an interview. I arrived on time and then the manager left me waiting for over 20 minutes without a word. I ended up leaving, without being interviewed.
The Customer Rocks
Boutique Manager, Times Square and SoHo (Current Employee), SoHo, NYApril 1, 2016
Client engagement experience is amazing. We offer an experience that should make a positive difference in the lives of women.
Immature cliques
Spa Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: free makeup, cool office
Cons: everything else
It's like the Devil Wears Prada, it isn't about how well you do your job, it's how well you suck up to management. Most people spend their time gossiping instead of working.
with new management and HR teams company would be perfect
Processor (Former Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job and very minimal supervision
management is very unorganized and does not listen to employees HR only listens to superiors needs new HR team and new management team fresh minds
coworkers were awesome and everyone got along great
LOVED IT!!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Gratis.
Cons: Minimum hours, Lack professionalism, No benefits
I enjoyed my time while I was there. A typical day consists in assisting clients in finding their needs, and also meeting daily sales goals. I learned so many things from undertones to shades. My make-up definitely evolved from here. From birthdays, special occasions , & holidays it makes me so happy to be apart of it. I get to work with these clients and make a difference in their day. It's heart warming when I'm able to share my knowledge with my clients. The hardest part of the job would be the extra pressure when daily goals aren't met. Even when you do your best , your effort and dedication would go unnoticed. Management was awesome, except certain things can be changed around. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to help someone and sharing my knowledge with them!! Making her feel special as the women she is!!
Outstanding
Sales/Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
If you love working short hours in a fast paste environment this will be the place for you. I will really love the atmosphere and the managers are super duper nice and positive. I will recommend this job to anyone.
Worst Management!
beauty consultant (Former Employee), Kingston upon ThamesNovember 10, 2015
I worked for bare minerals, and I loved what I was doing since I love dealing with people and I love makeup! However my time there did put me off, I had the worst area Manager that in the end disrespect me completely and she did the same thing to her other staff. Even the bare minerals girls are very fake it's not a good company to work for, don't waste time applying!
overall
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2015
Pros: if you are female you have the perk of make-up if you wear it
Cons: so many meetings
I have learned quite a bit being on the team. There are many meetings. Many changes going on in the company and many folks changing as well.
Productive professional workplace with great people and clients
key holder (Former Employee), berkeley, caOctober 6, 2015
Pros: amazing co workers and clients.
Cons: no set hours or benefits
A typical day at work would include opening and or closing the store, making the schedule for the day, lunches etc, set sales goals, talk with associates about sales goals, build associates and work on problem areas. Greeting clients talking to them about our products, sitting them down, giving them facials, applying make up, teaching them how to, etc.
Bare Escentuals is the best company I have worked for.
Asistant Manager (Current Employee), Collierville, TNOctober 4, 2015
I am so glad I have the opportunity to work for a company that practices work-life balance and has realistic expectations for achieving sales goals. I have learned to be more encouraging in my management style.
The hardest part of the job is getting and keeping a work force that is mature and goal driven. Most positions are PT, therefore, you attract a younger work force that does not have the same ownership in the business as the FT does.
Getting to come to work and open emails from your District Manager and up that is excited about the successes, understands the challenges and is still encouraging and happy for each person out in the Boutiques, Outlets and Retail Partners that helps grow this business.
Good
Sr. PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee), SFO, CASeptember 28, 2015
Very good over all
Good culture,
Good work life balance,
Had a very good learning as well.
Would recommend highly for this company.
Exciting Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Freedom to be creative
Cons: Technology not exactly cutting edge, processes out of date
A day in the life of a Assistant Store Manager at BareMinerals was always new and exciting. There was never the same customer twice and never the same thing to teach and learn from others on a daily basis.
Loved It
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJSeptember 8, 2015
It was my favorite job ever! I just didn't like how when my manager left i wasn't event allowed to interview for the counter manager position because i didn't have "manager" experience. I had already worked at the counter for a while and the former manager TRAINED ME to take her position while she was gone until they found someone else. I did everything she was in charge of but I was told I wasn't qualified. It was mostly Macy's as the reason I left. They bought out our lease and had to change over to their rules. It made my job a nightmare. All they cared about was pushing credit cards and their the ones who wouldn't let me take the manager position. Bare essentials also stated me at 10 an hr which I thought was great!
Hard work but worth the rewards.
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, ScotlandSeptember 8, 2015
A fun environment to work in with added perks as incentives. Enjoyed the sales element thoroughly. Brilliant staff and training and development.
Good for people new to working.
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VaAugust 9, 2015
It was a good job for someone fresh out of high school. A typical day would be coming into work, preparing your brush belt then heading out to floor to help clients with makeup and answer question. At the end of the day you would clean and restock shelves.
Great place NO HOURS!!!
Beauty ambassador (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Big discounts. Great learning experience. Awesome trainings. Family like staff.
Cons: Horrible hours.
Honestly it's a great place good atmosphere . Easy going just have to make your numbers. But has a big turn over because part time workers will only get 15 hrs . Can't do much with that. Other than that pay is good but it doesn't add up because of the 15 hrs. Good place for a teenager to work. Not good to try to make a living.
Productive place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Quiet and fast paced
Cons: could be a bit more fun
Co-workers are quite cooperative. The work is fast paced, pretty much tactical. Productivity is high, but the work place could be a bit more fun and lively with more communication among co-workers.
Wonderful people and culture, but tough to advance
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free coffee (kurig) and tea, great healthcare program
Cons: not great maternity benefits, could use gym memberships, etc.
Love the people I work with, they are bright warm and welcoming. Great VP's and Sr. Leadership, but some director level managers are questionable (while some are also outstanding). Difficult to interview, get the job and advance, but also a wonderful place to start or advance your career if the right opportunity presents itself. We are doing something special here.
Fun job, with good pay and great discounts!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great discount on all products, good starting pay, non commission sales, tips, great place to learn, fun atmosphere
Cons: on your feet all day, part time hours
A typical day at Bare Escentuals tidy up store, play with makeup, apply make up to clients, sell make up, play with make up again, clean areas, maintain client records, call clients to promote sales, occasional bridal party make up, prom make up, make unders, skin care instruction, restock shelves, cash handling, close drawers at the end of the night, clean up, give out samples, encourage upsales, advise on proper use of products and brushes, tell clients all about the Bare Minerals product line.

Co-workers were nice, everyone seemed to enjoy working with makeup and having fun. We had great training. The hardest part was just being on your feet all day in heels.

There was a great team feeling to this company. I only left because I became pregnant and had terrible morning sickness that prevented me from getting out of bed all day for around six weeks. I miss this company!
From Small Company to Corporate Giant
Direct Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Deep discounts or free BE cosmetics; status of working there
Cons: Experience not appreciated; young inexperienced staff
It's been several years since I've worked there, so the culture could have changed, but when I first started there, BE was a small company with less than 20 stores and probably around 200 employees, with 50 or so in the corporate offices, so great work was recognized, although not necessarily by salary increase.

There was a time when staff was involved with new product testing and the CEO met with staff to look at new product samples and she got almost everyone involved before the product was approved for launch. Staff appreciated the involvement, as well as the up close and personal relationship with the company leader.

Toward the end of my time there, company growth was rapid - I think in preparation for a take-over from a larger cosmetic company, and the younger employees were celebrated, embraced and promoted. At the beginning of 2006 most management was less than 35 years old! Those who were with the company from the beginning who helped build and grow the business were 'booted out', and other newer workers over 35 were slowly eliminated too.
Headquarters