Barclays Investment Bank Employee Reviews

Great grad rotation program; nice working environment
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
As a Technology Analyst (developer), a typical workday would involve developing new features or improvements for production system, solving production issues, etc.
In graduate rotation program, I worked in 2 different groups, experienced different working environments, learnt different technology skills as well as soft skills.
Managers and co-workers are really nice to me. They're always willing to spend time explaining to me when I encountered questions on work.
The hardest part for me would be learning to communicate effectively with senior VPs and directors.
The most enjoyable part would be to take up responsibilities for building, delivering and maintaining a project.
Worked for some of the top names in the industry in Compliance in Switzerland including Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse.
Structured Products/Derivatives Compliance (Current Employee) –  London, ENGMarch 15, 2015
I am a qualified lawyer working in Compliance. I have worked in both the Legal and Compliance divisions as well as on the Investment Advisory side of the business. Presently I am working in London, having worked previously in Switzerland for 7 years and Sydney Australia.
My partner has relocated to Switzerland and I am therefore looking for a move back to Switzerland on a long term basis.
Within Compliance I have worked in both the PWM division as well as in the Structured Products division.
I presently work a few days a week in the Swiss office and would be happy to meet with a potential employer in person.
Career Academies Internship (Former Employee) –  London, ENGMay 31, 2015
This was a 6 week internship where I began to gain new experience working at a bank where I would file documents and carry out a STP analysis which was passed onto other colleagues. It was here where I began to communicate better which older colleague and meet other interns, which helped me improve my negotiation and communication skills.
Pros
Given paid holiday during internship
Cons
Good learning environment for new analysts
Independent Valuations Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2013
Responsibility is bestowed upon new employees and the opportunity to learn is abundant. Opportunity to be promoted is also very attainable though advancement to very positions is restrained. Management does recognize talent but not always know what to do with it.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
beaurocracy can be an issue dealing with uk counterparts
Good Workplace with Tight Deadlines
Senior Consultant and Big Data Lead (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 8, 2015
I used to work on Bigdata and Graph Databases here. Good Community level development here happens.

It takes lot of time to materalize things in this bank. But, as a work place quite fun and interesting. Good Co-Workers.
Change infused workplace.
Change Management Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
One can grow professionally in this environment, and can be better able to handle the everyday business challenges encountered by working at Barclays.
Pros
good benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
constant managerial change
Great Career Development
Event Marketing Manager - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  London, ENGMay 19, 2015
Ability to work hard and gain a great overview of all aspects of the business. Fast paced, constantly changing environment. Great company values that are instilled throughout.
Productive and fun
CORPORATE CONCIERGE / RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Canary WharfDecember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The company is very much into the development of people who really want to develop and grow.
Pros
good holidays entitlement
n/a
COO Analyst - Risk & Finance Strategic Change (Current Employee) –  LondonNovember 15, 2015
A good company to work for. Highly process driven but slowly becoming more innovative and looking at ways to improve their efficiency.
Good work place with tight deadlines
Assistant Vice President - Technology (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHOctober 12, 2015
1. Work Culture at Barclays is very good.

2. Salary/Benefits are at par.

3. Job security is bad. Very unstable environment.
Productive and Immersive Job
Rates & Clearing PMO Vice President (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 12, 2015
An excellent working environment with the opportunity to work closely with key senior stakeholders and a breadth of responsibilities.
Pros
breadth of responsibilities
Enjoy the Bank
Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Enjoy the bank, appreciate the values/ culture. However due to the unsteady economic climate, bank isn't quite doing as well as I believe it would like to.
A very challenging project with a variety of tasks
Senior BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Tel Aviv,IsraelApril 18, 2015
A very interesting and challenging role, requires handling massive data processing through many technical challenges
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ENGMarch 3, 2015
Excellent place to start my career. Challenging yet exciting workplace, working with high calibre peers to deliver quality solutions to core business functions.
Productive, innovative, relax, fun loving
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJanuary 27, 2014
Productive life style.
Good work - life balance
Efficient people
Time management is key
Can approach management easily.
Change Programme Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  GlasgowMarch 6, 2014
ok, but didn't realise this was going to be posted online for others to view
na
Equities Special Situations Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
I found working at barclays enjoyable. I fit in well with the team culture there.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 25, 2014
Nice place for work. Employee care and job satisfaction. Extra curricular acitivities
Cons
job security
Analyst, IBD Tax (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide
Busy and fun place to work
Derivatives Middle Office Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Interacted with senior management globally to accomplish objectives.

4.3