Barclays Investment Bank

Barclays Investment Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worked for some of the top names in the industry in Compliance in Switzerland including Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse.
Structured Products/Derivatives Compliance (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 15, 2015
I am a qualified lawyer working in Compliance. I have worked in both the Legal and Compliance divisions as well as on the Investment Advisory side of the business. Presently I am working in London, having worked previously in Switzerland for 7 years and Sydney Australia.
My partner has relocated to Switzerland and I am therefore looking for a move back to Switzerland on a long term basis.
Within Compliance I have worked in both the PWM division as well as in the Structured Products division.
I presently work a few days a week in the Swiss office and would be happy to meet with a potential employer in person.
Good Workplace with Tight Deadlines
Senior Consultant and Big Data Lead (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 8, 2015
I used to work on Bigdata and Graph Databases here. Good Community level development here happens.

It takes lot of time to materalize things in this bank. But, as a work place quite fun and interesting. Good Co-Workers.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 3, 2015
Excellent place to start my career. Challenging yet exciting workplace, working with high calibre peers to deliver quality solutions to core business functions.
Productive and Immersive Job
Rates & Clearing PMO Vice President (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: breadth of responsibilities
An excellent working environment with the opportunity to work closely with key senior stakeholders and a breadth of responsibilities.
Great grad rotation program; nice working environment
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
As a Technology Analyst (developer), a typical workday would involve developing new features or improvements for production system, solving production issues, etc.
In graduate rotation program, I worked in 2 different groups, experienced different working environments, learnt different technology skills as well as soft skills.
Managers and co-workers are really nice to me. They're always willing to spend time explaining to me when I encountered questions on work.
The hardest part for me would be learning to communicate effectively with senior VPs and directors.
The most enjoyable part would be to take up responsibilities for building, delivering and maintaining a project.
n/a
Analyst, IBD Tax (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide
Productive and fun workplace
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee), SingaporeAugust 25, 2014
Cons: job security
Nice place for work. Employee care and job satisfaction. Extra curricular acitivities
Great Place
VP, Data Integrity Standards & Control (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Truly understands work and life balance.
Fun and enjoyable
Business Analyst & Project Lead (Current Employee), LondonJune 2, 2014
A fun and professional environment to work. Great people and projects.
Busy and fun place to work
Derivatives Middle Office Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Interacted with senior management globally to accomplish objectives.
Change infused workplace.
Change Management Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons: constant managerial change
One can grow professionally in this environment, and can be better able to handle the everyday business challenges encountered by working at Barclays.
n/a
Change Programme Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), GlasgowMarch 6, 2014
ok, but didn't realise this was going to be posted online for others to view
na
Equities Special Situations Sales Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
I found working at barclays enjoyable. I fit in well with the team culture there.
Productive, innovative, relax, fun loving
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 27, 2014
Productive life style.
Good work - life balance
Efficient people
Time management is key
Can approach management easily.
Very collegial
Summer Intern, Investment Banking Division (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 31, 2013
Very collegial atmosphere and competitive colleagues.
It is a very efficient and dynamic model.
Good learning environment for new analysts
Independent Valuations Control Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: beaurocracy can be an issue dealing with uk counterparts
Responsibility is bestowed upon new employees and the opportunity to learn is abundant. Opportunity to be promoted is also very attainable though advancement to very positions is restrained. Management does recognize talent but not always know what to do with it.