Bantrel Employee Reviews

Fine work place, nice people, easy going manages.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
I have over eight years Canadian solid work experience as a structural designer/ drafter in oil and gas, industrial field, residential (both roof and floor trusses), commercial and institutional projects, etc. I also have more than 15 years of work experience as an Architect in China.

I have been responsible for all the architectural/structural design, layout, and 3D modeling, and I have attended review meetings and coordinated other disciplines, providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions.

I enjoy working in a team and I am capable of working independently. I have excellent organizational skills needed to work on a variety of projects. I am very knowledgeable in the use 2D platform (AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation) and 3D module software (ProStructure and Civil 3D).

i like work with this company, give me a lots of fun and good memory.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Great place to work.
Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2016
This company has great management and great employees, flexible work hours and good benefits. You are always encouraged to take on a new challenge.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No cons
Great organization
Procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
Great organization, open to provide growth opportunities to employees. Competitve salary and perks. Good work atmosphere and outstanding project procedures.
Good Company
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 January 2016
Good work culture and good company to work for. Most leads let you do your job without micro-managing once they know your work and capability. Competitive salary and benefits package. Like any other EPC job security depends on the BD group and how much work the company can win.
Great Place to Work
Project Controls Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer.

Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Well dcumented processes and procedures
Civil And Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Good atmosphere and work culture.
Efficient structure and engineering procedures for complex and large scale EPCM projects.
No job security.
Positive Work Environment
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2016
Hours are very flexible if you are a morning person like me, I start around 6 in the morning and leave at 15.45 - that way I avoid the worst of the traffic!
Bantrel work a '9 day fortnight' where you make up the hours over the working fortnight and take off every second Friday. The hours are 9 hours a day Mon-Thu and 8 hours on the working Friday.
The work environment is generally relaxed however it can get quite hectic when busy (where doesn't it?).
Overall Bantrel is a positive working environment in my opinion.
Good workplace
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2016
good residential management with plenty to do on your free time, such as table tennis, darts, pool and much more.
good working environment.
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Nice tools and systems; good working procedures; well experienced colleagues for learning and mentoring; good salary and compensation packages.
very good company to workfor
LEAD LOTO AUTHORITY (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2016
Bantrel is a very safety conscious company to work for with great pay and hours and fine leadership. They are a caring company concerning the environment and strives to educate their people to do the same.
Great place to start a career!!!
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2015
I really had fun working at Bantrel. Great pay and benefits! Really good work environment and last but certainly not least you get every second Friday's off.
Pros
every second Friday's off
Cons
Job security is bad. They will get rid off you regardless of performance when economy goes under.
A good place to work.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
A good place to work. Fair and hard working people and management. I would work for Bantrel again, if given the opportunity.
Very proferssional, Great Atmosphere
Receptionist/ Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab3 November 2014
Bantrel is a great company to work with. The office culture is really great. They are always looking for different ways to improvement everything, Not only themselves but the environment as well.

They have an awesome benefits package and take care of their employees very well.
Pros
Great company, great team work, and communication
Cons
Travel times. This place is just too far for me.
Productive and flexible workspace
Junior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Bantrel. I was offered many challenging tasks that helped develop my skills and knowledge of the engineering industry. My supervisors were very accommodating and flexible when it came to work hours. Everyone at the office was very friendly.
Great company to work for
Senior Desktop Analyst/CAD Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2015
Company was the victim of economic recession. wonderful company to work for. Great Salary, Great Increments, Every other Friday was off. Work environment is wonderful. Benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Flexible core working hours, every other Friday was off. During winter company was off for 10 days
Cons
Nothing i can think of
Varied Technical Experience of Oil Sands
Senior Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Challenging, productive,rewarding and good teamwork. Good Interaction with the client. Supportive and encouraging
For a camp job it was really nice to be able to come and go as we pleased after working hours.
PRE COMMISSIONING ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC10 November 2015
One thing that really stood out was the fact that this job kept their ears and eyes open for talent, i noticed they found people including myself that would fit into more complicated roles and wasted no time in advancing you there. Training was always available for anyone who may have needed it.
Pros
staff, engineering support, challenging
Cons
21 days straight with 10 to 12 hour days is just too long
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resource Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta3 August 2012
A typical day at work is interacting with various Managers, Leads and employees on day to day issues. I absolutely enjoy working with this company. The management is great and very supportive. The co-workers are very professional, respectful and fantastic to deal with. The hardest part of the job is actually none. I love what I do, I work for a very friendly and healthy environment and despite of long hours I look forward to going to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with everyday. When I help them with their day to day issues and they appreciate all my efforts and recognize and value my opinions it bring a smile to my face.
Pros
healthy and friendly environment
Cons
long hours and i am away from my family
Sagd site
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2016
Interesting watching the site work being completed - greats strides were made during shifts and when returning to site. Loved the work and the people - it was a small community. Lots of extra things available to do at camp after a work day on site.
Productive and Experienced Driven Workplace
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
Working under pressure and within time frame is always challenging but with the help of efficient , experienced and knowledgeable and well mannered colleagues, it makes the job easier and makes the day productive.