Bantrel Employee Reviews

Fine work place, nice people, easy going manages.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2016
I have over eight years Canadian solid work experience as a structural designer/ drafter in oil and gas, industrial field, residential (both roof and floor trusses), commercial and institutional projects, etc. I also have more than 15 years of work experience as an Architect in China.

I have been responsible for all the architectural/structural design, layout, and 3D modeling, and I have attended review meetings and coordinated other disciplines, providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions.

I enjoy working in a team and I am capable of working independently. I have excellent organizational skills needed to work on a variety of projects. I am very knowledgeable in the use 2D platform (AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation) and 3D module software (ProStructure and Civil 3D).

i like work with this company, give me a lots of fun and good memory.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Great Place to Work
Project Controls Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2016
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer.

Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Good workplace
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2016
good residential management with plenty to do on your free time, such as table tennis, darts, pool and much more.
good working environment.
Well dcumented processes and procedures
Civil And Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Good atmosphere and work culture.
Efficient structure and engineering procedures for complex and large scale EPCM projects.
No job security.
very good company to workfor
LEAD LOTO AUTHORITY (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 10, 2016
Bantrel is a very safety conscious company to work for with great pay and hours and fine leadership. They are a caring company concerning the environment and strives to educate their people to do the same.
A good place to work.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
A good place to work. Fair and hard working people and management. I would work for Bantrel again, if given the opportunity.
Great place to work.
Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
This company has great management and great employees, flexible work hours and good benefits. You are always encouraged to take on a new challenge.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No cons
Varied Technical Experience of Oil Sands
Senior Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Challenging, productive,rewarding and good teamwork. Good Interaction with the client. Supportive and encouraging
Great organization
Procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
Great organization, open to provide growth opportunities to employees. Competitve salary and perks. Good work atmosphere and outstanding project procedures.
Positive Work Environment
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
Hours are very flexible if you are a morning person like me, I start around 6 in the morning and leave at 15.45 - that way I avoid the worst of the traffic!
Bantrel work a '9 day fortnight' where you make up the hours over the working fortnight and take off every second Friday. The hours are 9 hours a day Mon-Thu and 8 hours on the working Friday.
The work environment is generally relaxed however it can get quite hectic when busy (where doesn't it?).
Overall Bantrel is a positive working environment in my opinion.
Productive and flexible workspace
Junior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Bantrel. I was offered many challenging tasks that helped develop my skills and knowledge of the engineering industry. My supervisors were very accommodating and flexible when it came to work hours. Everyone at the office was very friendly.
Sagd site
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Interesting watching the site work being completed - greats strides were made during shifts and when returning to site. Loved the work and the people - it was a small community. Lots of extra things available to do at camp after a work day on site.
Good Company
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 8, 2016
Good work culture and good company to work for. Most leads let you do your job without micro-managing once they know your work and capability. Competitive salary and benefits package. Like any other EPC job security depends on the BD group and how much work the company can win.
Productive and Experienced Driven Workplace
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
Working under pressure and within time frame is always challenging but with the help of efficient , experienced and knowledgeable and well mannered colleagues, it makes the job easier and makes the day productive.
For a camp job it was really nice to be able to come and go as we pleased after working hours.
PRE COMMISSIONING ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCNovember 10, 2015
One thing that really stood out was the fact that this job kept their ears and eyes open for talent, i noticed they found people including myself that would fit into more complicated roles and wasted no time in advancing you there. Training was always available for anyone who may have needed it.
Pros
staff, engineering support, challenging
Cons
21 days straight with 10 to 12 hour days is just too long
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Nice tools and systems; good working procedures; well experienced colleagues for learning and mentoring; good salary and compensation packages.
Love working for Bantrel it a really good atmosphere.
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 16, 2015
It is really good place to work. Love the tasks that I was assigned to me. The people are really friendly. Made a lot of friends for life.
IT department had a good culture
Supervisor, Software & A/V Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Continuous budget restraints held our ability to obtain some of the newer software tools at times. Other than that, I enjoyed my time and co-workers there for 7 years.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Designer /Checker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaMay 6, 2015
It was my first job in Canada, and I had the opportunity to work with the Piping Team in projects executed in several offices at the same time, to work for oil sands projects, etc. Excellent experience.
Great place to start a career!!!
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2015
I really had fun working at Bantrel. Great pay and benefits! Really good work environment and last but certainly not least you get every second Friday's off.
Pros
every second Friday's off
Cons
Job security is bad. They will get rid off you regardless of performance when economy goes under.