Bantrel Employee Reviews

Very short job
Journeyman Scaffolder/BBS (Former Employee) –  Petro Can Edmonton30 March 2017
Just there to help tear down scaffolding and return it to the yard.
Separate the material,count it, band it and have it ready to be trucked out to the next location it is needed.
Pros
Lots of workers to share the tasks
Cons
Very filthy and dirty equipment. Extremely dangerous conditions to work in
Friendly workplace, great imprtance given to quality work
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
An EPC company which maintains very high quality control standards. . Management provided great opportunities for self development and arranges many courses to attend. Pay and benefits are excellent. I had the opportunity to get involved in Engineering to commissioning of three major Canadian oil sands projects.Work environment is very friendly with management and colleagues ready to help.
Pros
Quality of work is given highest priority
Cons
Limited projects
productive and good company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
people oriented, good company culture, well take care of people, well payed, very flexible, respect people and very good company
Great company to work for with tremenduous opportunity to advance
Alliance Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
As a brotherly company of Bechtel Co. Bantrel has a very unique standards specifications for use. Bantrel has a great management group who can listen to your concerns and recognize your performance. Bantrel Edmonton office is assembled of many talents who drive the company to the success. The working environment is very friendly. Your great performance can be rewarded with good bonuses. Career development program is very attractive as well.
Pros
Rewarding bonuses and great benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fine work place, nice people, easy going manages.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
I have over eight years Canadian solid work experience as a structural designer/ drafter in oil and gas, industrial field, residential (both roof and floor trusses), commercial and institutional projects, etc. I also have more than 15 years of work experience as an Architect in China.

I have been responsible for all the architectural/structural design, layout, and 3D modeling, and I have attended review meetings and coordinated other disciplines, providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions.

I enjoy working in a team and I am capable of working independently. I have excellent organizational skills needed to work on a variety of projects. I am very knowledgeable in the use 2D platform (AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation) and 3D module software (ProStructure and Civil 3D).

i like work with this company, give me a lots of fun and good memory.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Great Place to Work
Project Controls Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer.

Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Good workplace
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2016
good residential management with plenty to do on your free time, such as table tennis, darts, pool and much more.
good working environment.
Well dcumented processes and procedures
Civil And Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Good atmosphere and work culture.
Efficient structure and engineering procedures for complex and large scale EPCM projects.
No job security.
very good company to workfor
LEAD LOTO AUTHORITY (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2016
Bantrel is a very safety conscious company to work for with great pay and hours and fine leadership. They are a caring company concerning the environment and strives to educate their people to do the same.
A good place to work.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
A good place to work. Fair and hard working people and management. I would work for Bantrel again, if given the opportunity.
Great place to work.
Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2016
This company has great management and great employees, flexible work hours and good benefits. You are always encouraged to take on a new challenge.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No cons
Varied Technical Experience of Oil Sands
Senior Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Challenging, productive,rewarding and good teamwork. Good Interaction with the client. Supportive and encouraging
Great organization
Procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
Great organization, open to provide growth opportunities to employees. Competitve salary and perks. Good work atmosphere and outstanding project procedures.
Positive Work Environment
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2016
Hours are very flexible if you are a morning person like me, I start around 6 in the morning and leave at 15.45 - that way I avoid the worst of the traffic!
Bantrel work a '9 day fortnight' where you make up the hours over the working fortnight and take off every second Friday. The hours are 9 hours a day Mon-Thu and 8 hours on the working Friday.
The work environment is generally relaxed however it can get quite hectic when busy (where doesn't it?).
Overall Bantrel is a positive working environment in my opinion.
Productive and flexible workspace
Junior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Bantrel. I was offered many challenging tasks that helped develop my skills and knowledge of the engineering industry. My supervisors were very accommodating and flexible when it came to work hours. Everyone at the office was very friendly.
Sagd site
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2016
Interesting watching the site work being completed - greats strides were made during shifts and when returning to site. Loved the work and the people - it was a small community. Lots of extra things available to do at camp after a work day on site.
Good Company
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 January 2016
Good work culture and good company to work for. Most leads let you do your job without micro-managing once they know your work and capability. Competitive salary and benefits package. Like any other EPC job security depends on the BD group and how much work the company can win.
Productive and Experienced Driven Workplace
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
Working under pressure and within time frame is always challenging but with the help of efficient , experienced and knowledgeable and well mannered colleagues, it makes the job easier and makes the day productive.
For a camp job it was really nice to be able to come and go as we pleased after working hours.
PRE COMMISSIONING ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC10 November 2015
One thing that really stood out was the fact that this job kept their ears and eyes open for talent, i noticed they found people including myself that would fit into more complicated roles and wasted no time in advancing you there. Training was always available for anyone who may have needed it.
Pros
staff, engineering support, challenging
Cons
21 days straight with 10 to 12 hour days is just too long
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Nice tools and systems; good working procedures; well experienced colleagues for learning and mentoring; good salary and compensation packages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bantrel. Our community is ready to answer.