Bantrel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resource Advisor (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaAugust 3, 2012
Pros: healthy and friendly environment
Cons: long hours and i am away from my family
A typical day at work is interacting with various Managers, Leads and employees on day to day issues. I absolutely enjoy working with this company. The management is great and very supportive. The co-workers are very professional, respectful and fantastic to deal with. The hardest part of the job is actually none. I love what I do, I work for a very friendly and healthy environment and despite of long hours I look forward to going to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with everyday. When I help them with their day to day issues and they appreciate all my efforts and recognize and value my opinions it bring a smile to my face.

March 19, 2013

This is a terrible company to work for. Your safety is put in jeapardy each day, treat you like garbage, worked there 2 months and had enough, and I was the longest employee there. They talk safety however when no one is looking, its the last thing they work on. Just move the stuff no matter what, steel crashing to the ground, missing staff, machine running wild. Foremens standing there and watching, turn a blind eye, Stay away from Surmont Site, you'll die young.

For a camp job it was really nice to be able to come and go as we pleased after working hours.
PRE COMMISSIONING ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: staff, engineering support, challenging
Cons: 21 days straight with 10 to 12 hour days is just too long
One thing that really stood out was the fact that this job kept their ears and eyes open for talent, i noticed they found people including myself that would fit into more complicated roles and wasted no time in advancing you there. Training was always available for anyone who may have needed it.
Very good company
Senior Document Management Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: various clubs and committees
Cons: inability to secure more projects
A typical day at work could be anything from processing engineering documentation such as data sheets, material requisitions, single line diagrams to vendor submissions.

Assisting multiple disciplines so that documentation can be issued in the alotted time frame.

Reviewing standards, procedures, job instructions to ensure they are up to date.

Interaction with Expediting, various disciplines and the client to mitigate any problems or issues regarding documentation.
Working at Bantrel
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoy the work hours flexibility - start early and finish early. Do not have the feeling of being micro-managed.
The most difficult part of the job is the signature process required on all documents such as bid tabs, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
I enjoy the satisfaction of being able to contribute to the successful on time completion of projects by providing information and/or materials to the project team members.
Worst EPC Company
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary , ABOctober 2, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: almost everything you can think about it. above all poor management.
Below average management, low quality work, huge spending of manhours on the projects and due to that oil companies don't give them projects, Job security is zero , when they are out of projects they easily cut their staff to quarter. Hiring and firing people is solely based on social relationship to management.
Excellent place to work, great people, very successful teams
Electrical Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2013
a typical day: prepare and deliver meetings and reports with other disciplines, the project manager, our groups, with the client. coach and answer questions.
I have learned the good tools and organized methods company has to manage the projects.
The team was the core to be successful in the project progress. the people had ownership on their duties and gave more than required.
Very proferssional, Great Atmosphere
Receptionist/ Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great company, great team work, and communication
Cons: travel times. this place is just too far for me.
Bantrel is a great company to work with. The office culture is really great. They are always looking for different ways to improvement everything, Not only themselves but the environment as well.

They have an awesome benefits package and take care of their employees very well.
It was very outgoing, friendly envionment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: very quiet, no music allowed to get threw the day
it was a great place to gain experience, and learn from.
the people I work with were more then helpful, the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate to project worker that were hard to get a hold of. enjoyable part of the day was to learn new things and enjoy the privacy I had.
Very productive place to work with
One month internship in Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good coaching skills from the supervisor
Cons: none that i can think of right now
Everyday there are new challenges and learning that come along your way thus allowing me to stay focus and deal with the challenges one at a time. In summary, the workplace is a good training ground to boost ones career.
Great place to start a career!!!
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2015
Pros: every second Friday's off
Cons: Job security is bad. They will get rid off you regardless of performance when economy goes under.
I really had fun working at Bantrel. Great pay and benefits! Really good work environment and last but certainly not least you get every second Friday's off.
Productive and down to earth workplace
Help Desk Phone and Email Technician (Former Employee), calgary, abFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: onsite cafeteria, up to date support pcs, great benefiets
Cons: long commute, office location is remote
Working for the Bantrel Help desk was a fulfilling experience. While the overall support structure was managed centrally, each unique site and supported workplace presented dynamic challenges each day.
very nice place and good environment
Administrative Assistant (internship) (Former Employee), calgaryOctober 22, 2013
typical day work: General office duties: faxing, scanning, data entry, inventory, filing, photocopies.

learnt more of the inventory and their management is awesome

co-workers are very nice and helpful

the hardest part of the jobs was the lifting too many things

the most enjoyable part of job was the data entry
QC
QC Qualifed Inspector (Former Employee), ABJuly 23, 2014
• Qualifying New Hires:
• Checking Welders Qualifications
• Visual Inspection of Welds
• Co-ordinate NDE Testing
• Review Daily Welds Reports
• Mapping completed Welds
• Visual inspection for root, final pipe weld
• Witness preheating, post weld heat treatment
• Ensure the electrodes are maintained properly
• Prepare welder qualification data sheets
Good Company
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 8, 2016
Good work culture and good company to work for. Most leads let you do your job without micro-managing once they know your work and capability. Competitive salary and benefits package. Like any other EPC job security depends on the BD group and how much work the company can win.
Very professional and friendly workplace
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2013
Lots of indexing and filing. Looking over mechanical, process and electrical prints. The best part of the job was the variety of tasks I was given to do. I got to interact with engineers, update personal engineer progress spreadsheets, index, copy documents, ect.
IT department had a good culture
Supervisor, Software & A/V Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Continuous budget restraints held our ability to obtain some of the newer software tools at times. Other than that, I enjoyed my time and co-workers there for 7 years.
Sagd site
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Interesting watching the site work being completed - greats strides were made during shifts and when returning to site. Loved the work and the people - it was a small community. Lots of extra things available to do at camp after a work day on site.
Great company to work for
Senior Desktop Analyst/CAD Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible core working hours, every other Friday was off. During winter company was off for 10 days
Cons: Nothing i can think of
Company was the victim of economic recession. wonderful company to work for. Great Salary, Great Increments, Every other Friday was off. Work environment is wonderful. Benefits are wonderful.
Great IT Culture
Help Desk Analyst/Jr. System Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2014
Overall the company was great to work for. Every second Friday is a paid day off all year round. The Sr. IT guys know their stuff and were a tremendously valuable resource.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Designer /Checker (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaMay 6, 2015
It was my first job in Canada, and I had the opportunity to work with the Piping Team in projects executed in several offices at the same time, to work for oil sands projects, etc. Excellent experience.