Bantrel Co Employee Reviews

Great Team Atmosphere with Friendly Co-Workers
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2015
A typical day included assisting others with issuing minutes of meetings, reports, booking meetings, travel and luncheons.
Pros
Some fridays off (PDOs - Project Days Off)
Cons
9 hour work days, no room for advancement
Senior Cadd Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
Bantrel has a good benefits package
a great work/life schedule for families
good people and management
good ethics and no fault policy
Pros
Every 2nd Friday off
Cons
9 hour work day
Excellent Company
Sr. Piping material controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2015
This is a really engineering company.
you can find any work instruction in superior data base you think.
It is like a Google!
I had a grate time in Bantrel and learned a lot.
Still have connection with my leader and manager
they pay more attention to employees. I like that
Productive and respectful workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2015
A typical day involved updating databases, onboarding new hires, booking travel and submitting travel expenses for managers and employees.
I was constantly learning new procedures and documentation skills. As well as different aspects of the oil and gas industry that affected our business.
My managers were very respectful of all their employees and willing to help any staff in whatever manner was needed to do their job in the best manner possible.
My coworkers were able to help me understand their jobs so I could assist them as needed. Just as I explained and used my skill set to assist them.
The hardest part of the job was not being as knowledgeable in the field as I would have liked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and being able to assist them in various different ways. They never let me feel stupid or unappreciated for things I didn't know. We all complimented each other very well.
I was employed for 5 years with Bantrel as an Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2015
I transitioned from temporary to full-time status after 6 months of employment with Bantrel. I was the Administrative Assistant to a Project Manager for 3 major projects. A typical day at work consisted of reviewing Manager's requirements for the day, word processing, calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements (including venue, catering and travel as necessary). I also assisted with space planning and compliance with safety and fire regulations. With few exceptions I found my co-workers to be very supportive and available for questions or assistance as required. The most enjoyable part of my job was the Project Manager for whom I worked.
Pros
Working with an excellent Project Manager
there is a cafe in the building. or bring my own lunch
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2015
it was such a fun place to work in. I enjoy every minutes I spend there. the boss was so night to me and show me everything that I need to know.
An OK place to work
Senior Electrical Specialist, P. Eng.(APEGA) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2014
- Avg. Pay
- Avg. performance
- Avg. project to work with
- Long weekend in every two weeks
Productive, fun place to work, great schedule.
Records Management and Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2014
It was an opportunity to work for Bantrel as a company. I was able to move to different departments if my workload was too little or the position ended, which gave me job security. Fellow employees and management were very pleasant. Pay and Benefits were excellent as well. I had to terminate my employment because of relocation - I would return if I could.
I learned so many relevant administrative skills from the company. Very thankful!
9 hour days - work 5 days one week, work 4 days the next (every other weekend was a 3 day weekend. If there was a stat. holiday on the monday - it would be a 4 day weekend)
Pros
The people, pay, benefits.
Once a time Bantrel is Hot.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2014
Bantrel is good company for work. However, the company is survive in the market. If someday they can get project, I willing re-work for them.
Productive work
Lead Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario15 October 2013
I learned a lot about project delivery in the pharmaceutical industry
Piping Designer
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2013
Fun place to work, coworker great.
collaborative atmosphere
Bantrel Lays off Experienced, Senior Staff
Not at Bantrel, but have friends there (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 April 2013
Bantrel is busy getting rid of experienced, senior staff while outsourcing cheap labour from India and China. Shame on you Bantrel!
Good engineering company where technical excellence is valued and rewarded.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary1 April 2013
Good engineering company where technical excellence is valued and rewarded.
Pros
good salary, benefits, technical resources, top-notch facilities
Cons
little training, career planning.
Enjoying working in Bantrel
Cost Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2013
Great team to work with, happy experiences with the diffeerent people in different team. Management is dedicated, and responsible.
Pros
reputation, integrated system, team works
Cons
lack of future projects
Senior Piping Designer BANTREL Co. (Calgary)
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2012
- I have been involved in upgrader Voyageur project (Suncor co.)
- Preparing specification designs and drawings of industrial mechanical equipments.
- Designed pipe support according to stress engineer data.
- Carried out design and drafting of piping/mechanical plant models using Project Specifications and Procedures.
- Conducting discipline design, stress, material, fabrication and construction specifications/criteria.
- 3D Design equipment and piping layouts using AutoPlant software.
- Check piping plan and isometric drawings and remodel all required changes and re-extract ISO in new revision for construction.
- Perform P&ID’s and LDT’s, Piping Engineering Specifications and Line Classifications, and Equipment Data Sheets or Vendor Drawings.
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable plant operation, construction economy, and maintenance/operating convenience
- Review and check design models, drawings and design documents prepared by assigned designers or drafters for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion for a reliable/safe plant operation and construction economy Assist in the coordination of overall plant space utilization across all disciplines.
- Perform squad checking of vendor and other disciplines’ drawings.
- Extract 3D model drawings as required, or generate detailed or standard drawings as required.
Good company
Sr. MECHANICAL HEAT EXCHANGER ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2012
Friendly environment and productive workplace. I would recommend this company to friends.
Fun work place, feel safe and comfortable.
Senior Process Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2012
When I joined Bantrel the Lead of the project gave me very good orientation and very tender. All co-workers were also very nice people, cooperative and kind to me.

I injoyed my work and could devote myself to the work because I loved the work (Shell Scotford Upgrade Expansion).

I learned much about process systems of the facilities which was very challenging to me to finalize process design.

I wish to work again soon in Bantrel if they need me.

4.2