Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

review
Remote & Onsite Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Montreal9 February 2015
I would have to say National bank is a Great place to work, has wonderful work environment.
enjoyed working with co-workers & learning new skills everyday.
Pros
great work environment
Wonderful workplace
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 January 2015
Building exceptional business relationships and proposing strategies to optimize financial situation of clients Complying with bank and industry codes of conduct, and with securities laws and regulations, minimizing risks to the bank Exceeded my targets in Lending and Investments by creating opportunities that resulted in excellent business relationships. Handling transactions with precision and utmost ethical standards involving Mutual Funds, Opti-Market GICs and other managed products for clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic
Fun workplace
Project Coordinator / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2015
A typical day at work is assisting senior managers with ad hoc requests. I learned a lot of new skills working here. I met so many fantastic people who I am still friends with to this day. Management is great here. I loved working here, it was a great environment. The hardest part of my job was surviving constant restructuring.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary was a bit low
Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ON6 December 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
Very easy going co-workers
Sales Support/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2014
I really enjoyed working at NBC, everyone is so friendly. Communication was number one at this workplace.
Professional environment
Analyste (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 November 2014
A very professional place, with high-standard of performance and ethics.
Great branch staff
CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2014
The branch staff I worked with was great. We felt like a family and always worked together to improve ourselves.
Pros
close-knit team
Cons
low paying
Exceptional Experience
Investment Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2014
• Achieve sales success as demonstrated by exceeding sales targets
• Prepare financial plans for clients with a mix of short and long term investments
• Provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs
• Follow rules and regulations of conformity before accepting and proceeding clients transactions
• Have a good understanding and be up to date with financial products and legislation
• Buy and sell investment products.
National Bank
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC1 October 2014
Job consist of helping the customer service team in coaching and opening and closing the branch. I also assisted the financial planner and personal bankers on all their documents and back office duties. I also was in charge of the front desk and ordering all the supplies for the branch.Hardest part of my job was to be able to help everyone in the branch and not enough time in the day to do be able to assist other employees and get all my work done. Best part of the job was I got to work with many nice people.
Low salary, low value
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC13 August 2014
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
Pros
Low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons
Work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
To be able to improve my self
Consummers services Laval Qc (Current Employee) –  Laval, B512 August 2014
As a consumers at services, I enjoy working by answering to people needs and find out solutions to questions. What is the most important to me is doing my «WOW!» day or week. What it's mean a Wow day or week is doing my best to satisfy the client concerns.
professional envirnoment
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2014
i learned a lot in this job and how to do an excellent cust serv.
My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2014
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
Pros
Great vacation periods and benefits
overall good place
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2014
good place to start. have to work from 7.5 hrs a day open from 8-8 one late shift a week.
Not now
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2014
Working as consultant but company like cheap labour. Advancement is difficult as every manager has not a broad vision of the organization.
Pros
Good environment, no long hours
Cons
No Advancement
Lot of upcoming projects and very good working atmosphere
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON14 May 2014
Good work environment
Colleagues are really great
Lots of things to learn
Lots of people to meet
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouais8 May 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
Networking with realestate agents
Mortgage Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 March 2014
Increasing pipelines through realestate and client soliciation
Input mortgage applications
Nice Place to work.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montreal. Qc11 March 2014
This was the best place for me to learn everything i had to about corporate actions. Great friendly managers and colleagues.
Pros
Great location
Cons
customer service and sales culture
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bouctouche, NB23 February 2014
8:30 to 5:00 pm
mornings working with tellers and getting ready for our day
10:00 am to 5:00
meeting clients offering loans mortgages and invetments solutions.
account opening
cross selling
Pros
incentives