Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

well managed company and very profitable
Senior Analyst/portfolio manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2014
excellent management and talented employees. working on the proprietary desks gave opportunities to test investment ideas, and being compensated with results.
Pros
broad scope for new ideas
Cons
cold winter
Enjoyable and opportunity to learn
Customer Service Representative and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2014
It has a good ambiance and the collegues are very warm and welcoming. It is possible to learn new things everyday and it offers opportunities to create a career path.
Pros
great collegues and helpful
Cons
Short hours
Low salary, low value
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC13 August 2014
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
Pros
Low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons
Work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
Wonderful workplace
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 January 2015
Building exceptional business relationships and proposing strategies to optimize financial situation of clients Complying with bank and industry codes of conduct, and with securities laws and regulations, minimizing risks to the bank Exceeded my targets in Lending and Investments by creating opportunities that resulted in excellent business relationships. Handling transactions with precision and utmost ethical standards involving Mutual Funds, Opti-Market GICs and other managed products for clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic
very bad management team at Retail Credit Center in Mississauga
analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2015
The managers focus on making your life difficult
You have to explain bathroom breaks to them.
In last few years they turned the place into real sweat-shop
They micromanage you.
They care only how to make your life miserable. They have no other focus. Everyone with brains left or is looking for another job.
customer service and sales culture
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bouctouche, NB23 February 2014
8:30 to 5:00 pm
mornings working with tellers and getting ready for our day
10:00 am to 5:00
meeting clients offering loans mortgages and invetments solutions.
account opening
cross selling
Pros
incentives
Cons
Management nice, Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
ACCOUNT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2013
Management nice,
Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
Pros
managers, pay, perks: access to gym in neighboring hotel.
Cons
disrespectful and petty support staff.
Knowledge increased
Sr.Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2015
Professional in all interactions with clients,colleagues and other branches.Consistently handled large volumes of work loads assigned to the branch including those work was not assigned to the branch.Efficient and organized and consistently kept with her workload.
Pros
Incentives like yearly Bonus
Cons
Large volume and fast face
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported.
A typical office job with lots of pros and cons
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2014
Colleagues are really great
Management are incompetent because they cannot organize themselves
Lots of things to learn
Lots of people to meet
37.5 hours week
Before the day starts
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal4 May 2015
Before we start the day at the National Bank, we often gather and talk about what is new at the branch, what are our goals for the day and to wish each other a "good day".

It's a way to build teamwork as we see each other at least once a day and we know that we are all working together to offer our best to our customers.
National Bank
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC1 October 2014
Job consist of helping the customer service team in coaching and opening and closing the branch. I also assisted the financial planner and personal bankers on all their documents and back office duties. I also was in charge of the front desk and ordering all the supplies for the branch.Hardest part of my job was to be able to help everyone in the branch and not enough time in the day to do be able to assist other employees and get all my work done. Best part of the job was I got to work with many nice people.
Excellent Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2015
Worked as a CSR (teller) for three years assisting clients with their basic banking transactions while making appropriate sales recommendations. I gained a great deal of financial knowledge, exercised my customer service skills, and became more confident with working both independently and as a team.
Exceptional Experience
Investment Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2014
• Achieve sales success as demonstrated by exceeding sales targets
• Prepare financial plans for clients with a mix of short and long term investments
• Provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs
• Follow rules and regulations of conformity before accepting and proceeding clients transactions
• Have a good understanding and be up to date with financial products and legislation
• Buy and sell investment products.
gud bank
Business Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2015
The scope of the project was to develop a credit adjudication application which is integrated with external credit bureaus like Equifax and Trans Union. This application is used to check the credit history in order to provide services within various departments of National Bank Financials including Banking, Credit cards, Loans, Mortgages and other services
Too much
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc28 February 2015
I learned how to propose banking products onto clients after analyzing their accounts and see what best product could fit them. The hardest part of the job was balancing the cash because we were a high volume operation. The sales objectives were realistic. Friday's after work we would go have drinks.
Pros
it's a respectible position to have in society
Cons
they don't pay you for the time it takes you to balance your cash
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec29 January 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.
Interactive Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2015
Throughout my day it is my job to provide a warm and welcoming environment through my interactions with clients. Also I have to meet targets on a quarterly basis.
Dans son ensemble, très belle compagnie où il est possible de s'épanouir professionnnellement
Directrice de section (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 March 2015
Je suis à la BNC depuis bientôt 14 ans. C'est une très belle compagnie où l'on peut cheminer. Nous avons accès à différents cours de perfectionnement qui nous permettent de continuellement d'acquérir de nouvelles connaissances.
aider les clients a faire leur transactions bancaires
Représentant, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  montreal6 April 2015
situe en plein centre-ville de montreal, au Coeur du centre des affaires de montreal, la banque nationale offer une belle opportunite a ses employers de prendre connaissances du monde des affaires