Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

A great boss and a good company to work for
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I had atonomy within my last position and if it had not been for restructuring I would still be there with a good bonus and raise.

My manager and I got along very well and then they gave me a second boss who was perviously one of my managers and we are still in touch to this day.

I loved my job because it provided diversity, required the use of my accounting skills and people skills.
A typical office job with lots of pros and cons
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2014
Colleagues are really great
Management are incompetent because they cannot organize themselves
Lots of things to learn
Lots of people to meet
37.5 hours week
Enjoyable and opportunity to learn
Customer Service Representative and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 2, 2014
It has a good ambiance and the collegues are very warm and welcoming. It is possible to learn new things everyday and it offers opportunities to create a career path.
Pros
great collegues and helpful
Cons
short hours
well managed company and very profitable
Senior Analyst/portfolio manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 1, 2014
excellent management and talented employees. working on the proprietary desks gave opportunities to test investment ideas, and being compensated with results.
Pros
broad scope for new ideas
Cons
cold winter
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2013
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Pros
daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons
competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Demanding, stressful and rewarding at the same time.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
A very professional and rewarding place to work with the inevitable and sometimes hectic peaks of volume of work. Great colleagues and upper management that reward hard work and commitment to the client.
Pros
great staff
Cons
number of clients assigned to advisors greater than industry average.
just like home beautiful environment
Canada- management (Former Employee) –  edmontonOctober 24, 2013
challenging, pleasant and many opportunities to learn , advance and broaden ones horizon
Pros
optimistic environment
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported.
Poor, Poor Management & Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaSeptember 14, 2013
I was employed with the National Bank for a few months as a bank teller. I received a full week of computer training (reading through the banks PI's and security procedures) and probably 4 days max. of hands on training alongside another employee. Then, thrown onto the floor with my own cash and told "good luck!". The National Bank's computer system is so,so incredibly outdated - absolutely everything needs to be typed in by hand including certain screens you wish to access - you have to type in the screen name. (Complete waste of time!) The staff was far from helpful, huffing and puffing anytime I had to ask a question or need assistance. The Customer Service Manager rolled her eyes at me on several occasions for doing things incorrectly during my first couple of weeks. The Senior Customer Service Representative was so incredibly unpleasant to deal with every single day of work. The Branch Manager hardly ever spoke to the staff or acknowledged us, there were only about 9 employees. I decided to resign because the environment was so poor & the minimal to zero training made going to work an awful experience.
Pros
no weekends ; no nights ; hour long lunch
Cons
no hours ; minimal staff ; ignorant management ; ancient computer systems ; almost no training
Diverse nature of projects
Business Analyst (Consultant R3D Conseil) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2013
Greart professional, very seniors to learn a lot from.If you are francophone it is rge perfect work environment as English is barely requried.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
no cons
Wonderful employers
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Totally enjoyed my length of service with staff members and providing clients with the best possible customer service.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Pros
friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons
frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 22, 2013
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Pros
very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons
limited career opportunities over the long term.
Management nice, Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
ACCOUNT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2013
Management nice,
Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
Pros
managers, pay, perks: access to gym in neighboring hotel.
Cons
disrespectful and petty support staff.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Pros
good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealJanuary 30, 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJanuary 29, 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.