Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

Banking Industry
Internal IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 November 2015
National Bank of Canada has a formal corporate culture. One has to be dressed in a formal suit and tie. It has a conservative culture.
Productive environment and interesting experience for people
Representant Service à la clientèle à distance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2015
Great staff and colleagues, open door policy, client focus services, work can be stressful but help is always available, good incentives for employees.
Pros
Bonus, activities for employees, managers are approachable.
Cons
Routine
Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2013
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Pros
Daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons
competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Interesting Work Place & Very Local
Finance (Former Employee) –  Canada5 October 2015
The Top management of the firm has a strong vision.
Although the bank has a very local mindset, it achieve great success.
French and English are necessary to grow with the organisation.
management
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2015
management is there to help and support you in your day to day duties, they work as a team to achieve all goals and targets. they treat each other as a family.
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto,on15 October 2015
Great company to work for - I was very happy working there. The management was very supportive, overaly I highly recommend working here.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
Amazing atmosphere. The Branch as a whole is very supportive and helpful. Meeting clients and getting to know them is awesome way to spend time at a workplace.
Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ON6 December 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 April 2013
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Pros
very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons
limited career opportunities over the long term.
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouais8 May 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
Great Environment and Great Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 June 2015
A typical day at work was usually me serving clients and trying to get them to buy products from the national bank. I learned great skills in the sales department, I learned to work independently, I learned to be quick on my feet and solve problems as fast as possible and I learned how to work effectively as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning how to make a sale when the client was stubborn. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and meeting new people
productive workplace
Administrateur - prêts corporatifs en syndication (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2015
Learned a lot about me; i.e. able to negotiate with lawyers

Except for management, the staff was quite enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of this job was to get recognition from management.

Best part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
As good a place to work for
LEVEL II & III IT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc20 October 2015
As the other big banks. Same pros and cons. Differences are more inter departmental. Enjoyed my time working for BNC.I would work there again.
Not now
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2014
Working as consultant but company like cheap labour. Advancement is difficult as every manager has not a broad vision of the organization.
Pros
Good environment, no long hours
Cons
No Advancement
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ON24 July 2012
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
long time sitting down
good team work and excellent work conditions
Directeur de succursale (Former Employee) –  montreal17 August 2015
good team work and excellent work conditions
At national bank there is a good support for new employees and ongoing coaching that guarantees the success of the branch and individuals
Pros
inspiring
Cons
technology
Wonderful workplace
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 January 2015
Building exceptional business relationships and proposing strategies to optimize financial situation of clients Complying with bank and industry codes of conduct, and with securities laws and regulations, minimizing risks to the bank Exceeded my targets in Lending and Investments by creating opportunities that resulted in excellent business relationships. Handling transactions with precision and utmost ethical standards involving Mutual Funds, Opti-Market GICs and other managed products for clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic
very bad management team at Retail Credit Center in Mississauga
analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2015
The managers focus on making your life difficult
You have to explain bathroom breaks to them.
In last few years they turned the place into real sweat-shop
They micromanage you.
They care only how to make your life miserable. They have no other focus. Everyone with brains left or is looking for another job.
Customder Service Respresentive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baseline Road1 May 2015
That was my first banking job learned so many things. Management was ok but co-workers for not professional. Enjoyable I was learning about banking that was my dream.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Managment

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location