Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

Banking Industry
Internal IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 November 2015
National Bank of Canada has a formal corporate culture. One has to be dressed in a formal suit and tie. It has a conservative culture.
Interesting Work Place & Very Local
Finance (Former Employee) –  Canada5 October 2015
The Top management of the firm has a strong vision.
Although the bank has a very local mindset, it achieve great success.
French and English are necessary to grow with the organisation.
management
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2015
management is there to help and support you in your day to day duties, they work as a team to achieve all goals and targets. they treat each other as a family.
Great benefits
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2015
Great experience at the NBC. The company treat its employees very well with various benefits and programs. Overall I would of stayed longer if it wasn't for the layoffs.
My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2014
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
Pros
Great vacation periods and benefits
Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ON6 December 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
Customer oriented and family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative and front desk (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC25 January 2016
Typical day at work is customer service and administrative work or filing when no clients. Learn everyday if you work the Financial Advisers in your free time or when not busy. Team work is key and a good family atmosphere.
high stress and fast-paced job
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2016
You get to work and you need to catch up on any existing changes. Everything is constantly changing in the banking industry. You then complete customer demands, meet with them and try to identify their needs and offering them the appropriate solutions.
Pros
job stability
Cons
they are constantly raising sales targets
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouais8 May 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 April 2013
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Pros
very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons
limited career opportunities over the long term.
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto,on15 October 2015
Great company to work for - I was very happy working there. The management was very supportive, overaly I highly recommend working here.
productive workplace
Administrateur - prêts corporatifs en syndication (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2015
Learned a lot about me; i.e. able to negotiate with lawyers

Except for management, the staff was quite enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of this job was to get recognition from management.

Best part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Not now
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2014
Working as consultant but company like cheap labour. Advancement is difficult as every manager has not a broad vision of the organization.
Pros
Good environment, no long hours
Cons
No Advancement
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal30 January 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ON24 July 2012
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
long time sitting down
Wonderful Place to work
Mortgage Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2015
Very Good place to work. One can manage their time lots of free time at your disposal.
It's growing fast out of Quebec, excellent benefits for the staff.
Pros
Own boss
Nice team to work with
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Cap-pele, NB5 January 2016
My team was amazing to work with at the Branch. The customers were nice also when you like the customer services as I do. Its a financial institution with a lots of challenges to do.
Productive environment and interesting experience for people
Representant Service à la clientèle à distance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2015
Great staff and colleagues, open door policy, client focus services, work can be stressful but help is always available, good incentives for employees.
Pros
Bonus, activities for employees, managers are approachable.
Cons
Routine
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga24 June 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location