Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
Part Time Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2016
Worked here as a student. Management was changing ad there was no teamwork. People picked what they wanted to do and left hard tasks for others.
Knowledge increased
Sr.Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2015
Professional in all interactions with clients,colleagues and other branches.Consistently handled large volumes of work loads assigned to the branch including those work was not assigned to the branch.Efficient and organized and consistently kept with her workload.
Pros
Incentives like yearly Bonus
Cons
Large volume and fast face
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
Amazing atmosphere. The Branch as a whole is very supportive and helpful. Meeting clients and getting to know them is awesome way to spend time at a workplace.
very bad management team at Retail Credit Center in Mississauga
analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2015
The managers focus on making your life difficult
You have to explain bathroom breaks to them.
In last few years they turned the place into real sweat-shop
They micromanage you.
They care only how to make your life miserable. They have no other focus. Everyone with brains left or is looking for another job.
Wonderful workplace
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 January 2015
Building exceptional business relationships and proposing strategies to optimize financial situation of clients Complying with bank and industry codes of conduct, and with securities laws and regulations, minimizing risks to the bank Exceeded my targets in Lending and Investments by creating opportunities that resulted in excellent business relationships. Handling transactions with precision and utmost ethical standards involving Mutual Funds, Opti-Market GICs and other managed products for clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic
Too much
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc28 February 2015
I learned how to propose banking products onto clients after analyzing their accounts and see what best product could fit them. The hardest part of the job was balancing the cash because we were a high volume operation. The sales objectives were realistic. Friday's after work we would go have drinks.
Pros
it's a respectible position to have in society
Cons
they don't pay you for the time it takes you to balance your cash
gud bank
Business Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2015
The scope of the project was to develop a credit adjudication application which is integrated with external credit bureaus like Equifax and Trans Union. This application is used to check the credit history in order to provide services within various departments of National Bank Financials including Banking, Credit cards, Loans, Mortgages and other services
Excellent Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2015
Worked as a CSR (teller) for three years assisting clients with their basic banking transactions while making appropriate sales recommendations. I gained a great deal of financial knowledge, exercised my customer service skills, and became more confident with working both independently and as a team.
Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ON6 December 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
Exceptional Experience
Investment Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2014
• Achieve sales success as demonstrated by exceeding sales targets
• Prepare financial plans for clients with a mix of short and long term investments
• Provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs
• Follow rules and regulations of conformity before accepting and proceeding clients transactions
• Have a good understanding and be up to date with financial products and legislation
• Buy and sell investment products.
Before the day starts
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal4 May 2015
Before we start the day at the National Bank, we often gather and talk about what is new at the branch, what are our goals for the day and to wish each other a "good day".

It's a way to build teamwork as we see each other at least once a day and we know that we are all working together to offer our best to our customers.
National Bank
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC1 October 2014
Job consist of helping the customer service team in coaching and opening and closing the branch. I also assisted the financial planner and personal bankers on all their documents and back office duties. I also was in charge of the front desk and ordering all the supplies for the branch.Hardest part of my job was to be able to help everyone in the branch and not enough time in the day to do be able to assist other employees and get all my work done. Best part of the job was I got to work with many nice people.
Fun workplace
Project Coordinator / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2015
A typical day at work is assisting senior managers with ad hoc requests. I learned a lot of new skills working here. I met so many fantastic people who I am still friends with to this day. Management is great here. I loved working here, it was a great environment. The hardest part of my job was surviving constant restructuring.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary was a bit low
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouais8 May 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ON24 July 2012
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
long time sitting down
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee) –  downtown calgary, alberta11 October 2012
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Pros
good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons
bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON25 March 2013
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Pros
good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec14 May 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported.

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location