Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2014
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
Pros
great vacation periods and benefits
Customder Service Respresentive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baseline RoadMay 1, 2015
That was my first banking job learned so many things. Management was ok but co-workers for not professional. Enjoyable I was learning about banking that was my dream.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Managment
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouaisMay 8, 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 22, 2013
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Pros
very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons
limited career opportunities over the long term.
Not now
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 4, 2014
Working as consultant but company like cheap labour. Advancement is difficult as every manager has not a broad vision of the organization.
Pros
good environment, no long hours
Cons
no advancement
very bad management team at Retail Credit Center in Mississauga
analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2015
The managers focus on making your life difficult
You have to explain bathroom breaks to them.
In last few years they turned the place into real sweat-shop
They micromanage you.
They care only how to make your life miserable. They have no other focus. Everyone with brains left or is looking for another job.
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ONJuly 24, 2012
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
long time sitting down
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealJanuary 30, 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Knowledge increased
Sr.Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Professional in all interactions with clients,colleagues and other branches.Consistently handled large volumes of work loads assigned to the branch including those work was not assigned to the branch.Efficient and organized and consistently kept with her workload.
Pros
Incentives like yearly Bonus
Cons
Large volume and fast face
Before the day starts
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  MontrealMay 4, 2015
Before we start the day at the National Bank, we often gather and talk about what is new at the branch, what are our goals for the day and to wish each other a "good day".

It's a way to build teamwork as we see each other at least once a day and we know that we are all working together to offer our best to our customers.
Excellent Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Worked as a CSR (teller) for three years assisting clients with their basic banking transactions while making appropriate sales recommendations. I gained a great deal of financial knowledge, exercised my customer service skills, and became more confident with working both independently and as a team.
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
Wonderful workplace
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Building exceptional business relationships and proposing strategies to optimize financial situation of clients Complying with bank and industry codes of conduct, and with securities laws and regulations, minimizing risks to the bank Exceeded my targets in Lending and Investments by creating opportunities that resulted in excellent business relationships. Handling transactions with precision and utmost ethical standards involving Mutual Funds, Opti-Market GICs and other managed products for clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic
Poor, Poor Management & Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaSeptember 14, 2013
I was employed with the National Bank for a few months as a bank teller. I received a full week of computer training (reading through the banks PI's and security procedures) and probably 4 days max. of hands on training alongside another employee. Then, thrown onto the floor with my own cash and told "good luck!". The National Bank's computer system is so,so incredibly outdated - absolutely everything needs to be typed in by hand including certain screens you wish to access - you have to type in the screen name. (Complete waste of time!) The staff was far from helpful, huffing and puffing anytime I had to ask a question or need assistance. The Customer Service Manager rolled her eyes at me on several occasions for doing things incorrectly during my first couple of weeks. The Senior Customer Service Representative was so incredibly unpleasant to deal with every single day of work. The Branch Manager hardly ever spoke to the staff or acknowledged us, there were only about 9 employees. I decided to resign because the environment was so poor & the minimal to zero training made going to work an awful experience.
Pros
no weekends ; no nights ; hour long lunch
Cons
no hours ; minimal staff ; ignorant management ; ancient computer systems ; almost no training
gud bank
Business Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 1, 2015
The scope of the project was to develop a credit adjudication application which is integrated with external credit bureaus like Equifax and Trans Union. This application is used to check the credit history in order to provide services within various departments of National Bank Financials including Banking, Credit cards, Loans, Mortgages and other services
Interactive Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 4, 2015
Throughout my day it is my job to provide a warm and welcoming environment through my interactions with clients. Also I have to meet targets on a quarterly basis.
Too much
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcFebruary 28, 2015
I learned how to propose banking products onto clients after analyzing their accounts and see what best product could fit them. The hardest part of the job was balancing the cash because we were a high volume operation. The sales objectives were realistic. Friday's after work we would go have drinks.
Pros
it's a respectible position to have in society
Cons
they don't pay you for the time it takes you to balance your cash
Demanding, stressful and rewarding at the same time.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
A very professional and rewarding place to work with the inevitable and sometimes hectic peaks of volume of work. Great colleagues and upper management that reward hard work and commitment to the client.
Pros
great staff
Cons
number of clients assigned to advisors greater than industry average.
Low salary, low value
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCAugust 13, 2014
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
Pros
low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons
work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
Environnement de travail agréable
Service a la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 13, 2015
Journee de travail très chargée,
Collègue de travail très plaisant,
Gestionnaire exigeant mais soutient beaucoup ses employés
Difficile: rendez-vous non stop