Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work at
Directeur de succursale (Former Employee), montrealMarch 3, 2015
Pros: nice team
Cons: none
excellent avantages sociaux et bonne équipe
La direction nous donne les outils et un excellent appui pour performer pour que le client se sente toujours valorisé.
review
Remote & Onsite Support Technician (Current Employee), MontrealFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great work environment
I would have to say National bank is a Great place to work, has wonderful work environment.
enjoyed working with co-workers & learning new skills everyday.
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee), outaouaisMay 8, 2014
Pros: nice branch, because it was new
Cons: staff!!!
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: great vacation periods and benefits
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
A great boss and a good company to work for
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I had atonomy within my last position and if it had not been for restructuring I would still be there with a good bonus and raise.

My manager and I got along very well and then they gave me a second boss who was perviously one of my managers and we are still in touch to this day.

I loved my job because it provided diversity, required the use of my accounting skills and people skills.
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2013
Pros: daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons: competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee), Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons: frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee), MontrealApril 22, 2013
Pros: very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons: limited career opportunities over the long term.
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Casselman, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: long time sitting down
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee), downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons: bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
Low salary, low value
Programmer (Former Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons: work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
To be able to improve my self
Consummers services Laval Qc (Current Employee), Laval, B5August 12, 2014
As a consumers at services, I enjoy working by answering to people needs and find out solutions to questions. What is the most important to me is doing my «WOW!» day or week. What it's mean a Wow day or week is doing my best to satisfy the client concerns.
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.
Demanding, stressful and rewarding at the same time.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: number of clients assigned to advisors greater than industry average.
A very professional and rewarding place to work with the inevitable and sometimes hectic peaks of volume of work. Great colleagues and upper management that reward hard work and commitment to the client.
Enjoyable and opportunity to learn
Customer Service Representative and Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great collegues and helpful
Cons: short hours
It has a good ambiance and the collegues are very warm and welcoming. It is possible to learn new things everyday and it offers opportunities to create a career path.
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee), MontrealDecember 9, 2012
Pros: lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons: people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it.
Headquarters