Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ONDecember 6, 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
Environnement de travail agréable
Service a la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 13, 2015
Journee de travail très chargée,
Collègue de travail très plaisant,
Gestionnaire exigeant mais soutient beaucoup ses employés
Difficile: rendez-vous non stop
Interactive Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 4, 2015
Throughout my day it is my job to provide a warm and welcoming environment through my interactions with clients. Also I have to meet targets on a quarterly basis.
Exceptional Experience
Investment Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 17, 2014
• Achieve sales success as demonstrated by exceeding sales targets
• Prepare financial plans for clients with a mix of short and long term investments
• Provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs
• Follow rules and regulations of conformity before accepting and proceeding clients transactions
• Have a good understanding and be up to date with financial products and legislation
• Buy and sell investment products.
National Bank
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCOctober 1, 2014
Job consist of helping the customer service team in coaching and opening and closing the branch. I also assisted the financial planner and personal bankers on all their documents and back office duties. I also was in charge of the front desk and ordering all the supplies for the branch.Hardest part of my job was to be able to help everyone in the branch and not enough time in the day to do be able to assist other employees and get all my work done. Best part of the job was I got to work with many nice people.
Not well managed, Cold atmosphere, not helpful
client services representive (Former Employee) –  outaouaisMay 8, 2014
I worked at nation bank for a month or so, I quit due to lack of help when new at the branch, lack of management and very cold atmosphere, the branch was new just opened a month previous to my arrival at the company, most employees were very stuck up and snobs, the director of client service was very rude, cold, she had already got complaints from her other employees and customers and the place was new just opened up 2 months, had to go to different branches in outaouais region, again there staff very rude, and snobs. Did not like that its old programming, overall experience awful. Never again would I go back to that bank!
Pros
nice branch, because it was new
Cons
staff!!!
A great boss and a good company to work for
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I had atonomy within my last position and if it had not been for restructuring I would still be there with a good bonus and raise.

My manager and I got along very well and then they gave me a second boss who was perviously one of my managers and we are still in touch to this day.

I loved my job because it provided diversity, required the use of my accounting skills and people skills.
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2013
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Pros
daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons
competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Pros
friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons
frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ONJuly 24, 2012
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
long time sitting down
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee) –  downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Pros
good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons
bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Pros
good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 22, 2013
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers.
Pros
very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons
limited career opportunities over the long term.
fun place to work at
Directeur de succursale (Former Employee) –  montrealMarch 3, 2015
excellent avantages sociaux et bonne équipe
La direction nous donne les outils et un excellent appui pour performer pour que le client se sente toujours valorisé.
Pros
nice team
My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2014
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
Pros
great vacation periods and benefits
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
review
Remote & Onsite Support Technician (Current Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 9, 2015
I would have to say National bank is a Great place to work, has wonderful work environment.
enjoyed working with co-workers & learning new skills everyday.
Pros
great work environment
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.