Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse nature of projects
Business Analyst (Consultant R3D Conseil) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: interesting projects
Cons: no cons
Greart professional, very seniors to learn a lot from.If you are francophone it is rge perfect work environment as English is barely requried.
Wonderful employers
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: *
Cons: *
Totally enjoyed my length of service with staff members and providing clients with the best possible customer service.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee), Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons: frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging – more... and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities. – less
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee), MontrealApril 22, 2013
Pros: very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons: limited career opportunities over the long term.
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate – more... the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers. – less
Management nice, Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
ACCOUNT OFFICER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2013
Pros: managers, pay, perks: access to gym in neighboring hotel.
Cons: disrespectful and petty support staff.
Management nice,
Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 30, 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 29, 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.
Productive and busy everyday
Task Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: team work was very good.
Cons: very busy.
Busy on a typical day specially on the month end and beginning of the month. Absentism was the problem but team works was great.
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee), MontrealDecember 9, 2012
Pros: lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons: people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction – more... of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it. – less
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee), downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons: bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Good working environment
Financial service representative (Current Employee), canadaAugust 18, 2012
Challenging and you learn something new everyday.

Growing company with good advantages, and great people to work with.
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Casselman, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: long time sitting down
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest – more... prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees. – less
Great place to start a career, learn the basics and apply them dynamically
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
Fantastic place to be exposed to the investment world. great access to all levels of investment related services for both retail and institutional.
Knowledgeable on Mortgage
SENIOR MORTGAGE CLERK (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2012
* Learn about the requirements needed for a mortgage
* Different products that is available within the bank
* Build strong networks with brokers and lawyers
* Always willing to make improvements for customer satisfaction
* Month - end is very busy
Always something new to learn.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, NDJune 29, 2014
I love working in National Bank as we all work in a team , always have warm and friendly environment. Flexible hours of work.Job security and good bonus.
it is quite satisfactory
Senior Sales officer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 28, 2014
national bank of abu dhabi has given me platform to learn more about banking industry specially on the sales side as this is my first job in uae.this job has given me lot of learnings which are stated below;

customer relationship
people management
patience
self confidence
telephone etiquette
develop business

About Banque Nationale Du Canada

Pourquoi la Banque Nationale Faire carrière à la Banque Nationale, c’est évoluer au sein d’une – Read more

Banque Nationale Du Canada Photos