Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

management
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2015
management is there to help and support you in your day to day duties, they work as a team to achieve all goals and targets. they treat each other as a family.
Great benefits
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 16, 2015
Great experience at the NBC. The company treat its employees very well with various benefits and programs. Overall I would of stayed longer if it wasn't for the layoffs.
Interesting Work Place & Very Local
Finance (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 5, 2015
The Top management of the firm has a strong vision.
Although the bank has a very local mindset, it achieve great success.
French and English are necessary to grow with the organisation.
Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2015
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto,onOctober 15, 2015
Great company to work for - I was very happy working there. The management was very supportive, overaly I highly recommend working here.
Nice team to work with
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Cap-pele, NBJanuary 5, 2016
My team was amazing to work with at the Branch. The customers were nice also when you like the customer services as I do. Its a financial institution with a lots of challenges to do.
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  MontrealDecember 9, 2012
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it.
Pros
lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons
people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
Fun workplace
Project Coordinator / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting senior managers with ad hoc requests. I learned a lot of new skills working here. I met so many fantastic people who I am still friends with to this day. Management is great here. I loved working here, it was a great environment. The hardest part of my job was surviving constant restructuring.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
salary was a bit low
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2013
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Pros
daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons
competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Productive environment and interesting experience for people
Representant Service à la clientèle à distance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 15, 2015
Great staff and colleagues, open door policy, client focus services, work can be stressful but help is always available, good incentives for employees.
Pros
Bonus, activities for employees, managers are approachable.
Cons
Routine
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Amazing atmosphere. The Branch as a whole is very supportive and helpful. Meeting clients and getting to know them is awesome way to spend time at a workplace.
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee) –  downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Pros
good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons
bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
Wonderful Place to work
Mortgage Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Very Good place to work. One can manage their time lots of free time at your disposal.
It's growing fast out of Quebec, excellent benefits for the staff.
Pros
Own boss
productive workplace
Administrateur - prêts corporatifs en syndication (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 27, 2015
Learned a lot about me; i.e. able to negotiate with lawyers

Except for management, the staff was quite enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of this job was to get recognition from management.

Best part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Pros
good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
A great boss and a good company to work for
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I had atonomy within my last position and if it had not been for restructuring I would still be there with a good bonus and raise.

My manager and I got along very well and then they gave me a second boss who was perviously one of my managers and we are still in touch to this day.

I loved my job because it provided diversity, required the use of my accounting skills and people skills.
Stressful job, objectives to attain, really fun at the same time.
Personal Bank Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ONDecember 6, 2014
Management was a downfall since she was a new Branch Manager with no experience as managing a team. Co-workers were excellent at all time. Hardest part of the job was 8 hours wasn't enough as the only advisor at the branch, I often had to stay an hour extra to make sure I keep my clients satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people were always nice, it was fun to tell them what they need and what they should do with their money. I had objectives to attain and at the same time I was making sure my clients were leaving my office happy.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
8 hours wasn't enough
As good a place to work for
LEVEL II & III IT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcOctober 20, 2015
As the other big banks. Same pros and cons. Differences are more inter departmental. Enjoyed my time working for BNC.I would work there again.
Great Environment and Great Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work was usually me serving clients and trying to get them to buy products from the national bank. I learned great skills in the sales department, I learned to work independently, I learned to be quick on my feet and solve problems as fast as possible and I learned how to work effectively as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning how to make a sale when the client was stubborn. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and meeting new people

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location