Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
well managed company and very profitable
Senior Analyst/portfolio manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: broad scope for new ideas
Cons: cold winter
excellent management and talented employees. working on the proprietary desks gave opportunities to test investment ideas, and being compensated with results.
Excellent place to work with friendly and productive environment.
Manager Bus. Dev.- Mortgages Whitby-Ottawa (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2013
Pros: daily opportunity to self-promote and to promote your products
Cons: competitive pricing by others sometimes hampered your ability to finalize some transactions
Job provided excellent opportunity for advancement provided you lived in the immediate Toronto area. It promoted initive and networking and was an excellent position until it was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
This job provided numerous opportunites to meet new people and develop new relationships.
Demanding, stressful and rewarding at the same time.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: number of clients assigned to advisors greater than industry average.
A very professional and rewarding place to work with the inevitable and sometimes hectic peaks of volume of work. Great colleagues and upper management that reward hard work and commitment to the client.
just like home beautiful environment
Canada- management (Former Employee), edmontonOctober 24, 2013
Pros: optimistic environment
challenging, pleasant and many opportunities to learn , advance and broaden ones horizon
Fun and challenging place to work
Business Development Manager, Investment Solutions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
In my role, I was able to work with great autonomy while also being part of a team. I had flexibility in determining how I worked and what type of activities I pursued.

I also had regular meetings and coaching sessions with experienced, highly-regarded managers. This helped me to continue to work at a very high level.

I really liked the fact that – more... I was able to have a very positive impact on the performance, success and confidence of all of the individuals that I supported. – less
Poor, Poor Management & Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CanadaSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: no weekends ; no nights ; hour long lunch
Cons: no hours ; minimal staff ; ignorant management ; ancient computer systems ; almost no training
I was employed with the National Bank for a few months as a bank teller. I received a full week of computer training (reading through the banks PI's and security procedures) and probably 4 days max. of hands on training alongside another employee. Then, thrown onto the floor with my own cash and told "good luck!". The National Bank's computer system – more... is so,so incredibly outdated - absolutely everything needs to be typed in by hand including certain screens you wish to access - you have to type in the screen name. (Complete waste of time!) The staff was far from helpful, huffing and puffing anytime I had to ask a question or need assistance. The Customer Service Manager rolled her eyes at me on several occasions for doing things incorrectly during my first couple of weeks. The Senior Customer Service Representative was so incredibly unpleasant to deal with every single day of work. The Branch Manager hardly ever spoke to the staff or acknowledged us, there were only about 9 employees. I decided to resign because the environment was so poor & the minimal to zero training made going to work an awful experience. – less
Diverse nature of projects
Business Analyst (Consultant R3D Conseil) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: interesting projects
Cons: no cons
Greart professional, very seniors to learn a lot from.If you are francophone it is rge perfect work environment as English is barely requried.
Wonderful employers
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: *
Cons: *
Totally enjoyed my length of service with staff members and providing clients with the best possible customer service.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee), Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons: frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
It's a work place where I learned and acquired more knowledgeand skills.
Condition Officer (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 24, 2013
- Always busy
- I learned a lot regarding credit procedures
- Management - they are approchable
- Co-workers - I had a good relationship with my co workers they're helpfull and friendly.
- The hardest part of the job- not able to get

- The most enjoyable part of the job - when i am able to complete and approved a mortgage application.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging – more... and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities. – less
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.
A Great experience in investment banking
Investment advisor (Former Employee), MontrealApril 22, 2013
Pros: very simulating, complex fast paced environment
Cons: limited career opportunities over the long term.
Receive on a daily basis incoming calls from existing and new customers regarding investments accounts, products, trends and strategies to adopt in their investment portfolio.

The goal is to maintain a high level of customer service and provide one call problem resolution.

As well, we need to interact with multiple departments in order to coordinate – more... the research and resolution of multiple kind of customer needs.

Acheive the annual financial objectives, and quality call objectives rated by customers. – less
Management nice, Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
ACCOUNT OFFICER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2013
Pros: managers, pay, perks: access to gym in neighboring hotel.
Cons: disrespectful and petty support staff.
Management nice,
Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 30, 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 29, 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.
Productive and busy everyday
Task Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: team work was very good.
Cons: very busy.
Busy on a typical day specially on the month end and beginning of the month. Absentism was the problem but team works was great.
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee), MontrealDecember 9, 2012
Pros: lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons: people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction – more... of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it. – less
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee), downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons: bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy

About Banque Nationale Du Canada

Pourquoi la Banque Nationale Faire carrière à la Banque Nationale, c’est évoluer au sein d’une – Read more

Banque Nationale Du Canada Photos