Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging – more... and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities. – less
A place where an employee will never be considered for his/her performances...
Telnat representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2013
Very disappointing experience and a waist of time, despite all the sacrifices and the efforts and compromises, all of that was not considered neither gratified. In a nutshell, it depends if you please personally your manager or not, not considering your working skills.
Management nice, Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
ACCOUNT OFFICER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2013
Pros: managers, pay, perks: access to gym in neighboring hotel.
Cons: disrespectful and petty support staff.
Management nice,
Subordinates disrespectful and difficult.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Old fashioned management
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 30, 2013
Learnt the basics of the banking system. Bad management focused on themselves and their career advancement.
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 29, 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.
Productive and busy everyday
Task Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: team work was very good.
Cons: very busy.
Busy on a typical day specially on the month end and beginning of the month. Absentism was the problem but team works was great.
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee), MontrealDecember 9, 2012
Pros: lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons: people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction – more... of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it. – less
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee), downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons: bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Good working environment
Financial service representative (Current Employee), canadaAugust 18, 2012
Challenging and you learn something new everyday.

Growing company with good advantages, and great people to work with.
Excellent enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Casselman, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: long time sitting down
Everyday i came in from 7h30-3:30 and had a bbreak from 11:30-12:30. I had my list of things to do befor the end of the day and always cmpleted it. I learned alot about confidentiality and work ethics that have to be respected.Each and everyday had something new and exiting. I had amazing communication with the management and co-workers. The hardest – more... prt of the job was having to sit all day. The mosyt enjoyable part of the job was having to find alot of interest out of all the employees. – less
Great place to start a career, learn the basics and apply them dynamically
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
Fantastic place to be exposed to the investment world. great access to all levels of investment related services for both retail and institutional.
Knowledgeable on Mortgage
SENIOR MORTGAGE CLERK (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2012
* Learn about the requirements needed for a mortgage
* Different products that is available within the bank
* Build strong networks with brokers and lawyers
* Always willing to make improvements for customer satisfaction
* Month - end is very busy
Best job so far!
Commercial Lending Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2014
This was the best job, by far, that I had. Management was extremely supportive, benefits were generous and compensation was fair. There were opportunities for advancement and learning and the job culture was fun, productive and exciting.
BNC
Sr. Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Overland Park , KSJuly 6, 2013
Pros: streamlined operational system
Cons: common growing pains of a new branch and ovrenight increased volume
We are 100 % commission, with a recoverable draw after the first 30 days. Our compensation was based on our total closed loan volume for the month, with quarterly bonuses. Since our Overland Park division was a brand new office in the Kansas City area, we had to adjust to the operations turn times, based on capacity and volume. I managed the loan process, – more... from point of sale to closing. I enjoyed being able to assist my clients in finding the right loan program that met their specific financial needs. This would include informing each customer of the benefits the government insured VA loans provided and reviewed the current qualifications for obtaining a VA mortgage. – less
Fast paced growing business environment with constant customer service and organization skills.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Stanley, NDJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: seeing satifcation in our loyal clients
Cons: rarely had breaks during a full work day
BNC National Bank in Stanley, North Dakota is currently growing everyday because of the large oil boom that is expanding in the area. We retained customer privacy while effectively handling high-dollar transactions daily. I maintained large amounts of work in a high pressure environment, which taught me to work fast and accurately. This position was – more... very busy, but very enjoyable. The most challenging part was the management was very unorganized. – less
Lots of freedom but little support
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: freedom of hours and time
Cons: very little support from management, home office.
Office is geographically far from BNC hub (Phoenix, AZ), and thus we did not receive much support from the company. Processing was not efficient, and there was little marketing support since we were the branch farthest from the home office.
Fun people, Great Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, WIJune 28, 2012
Pros: salary, people, management
Cons: system, it
Its a great bank to work for, people there ar awsome. the bank lacks of an update on the computer systems, (still using Ms-DOS). For the rest is a great place to start and ascend.
Great employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: wonderful benefits & time off
Cons: business was sold
NBOC was a great place to work. However they sold US offies to PNC Business credit.
Gentle place with friendly professional relations at work
Services Techniques Journalier (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 17, 2011
Une ambiance de travail professionel axée sur une collaboration intradépartements.

Communication excellente.

About Banque Nationale Du Canada

Pourquoi la Banque Nationale Faire carrière à la Banque Nationale, c’est évoluer au sein d’une – Read more

Banque Nationale Du Canada Photos