Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioJuly 3, 2013
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Pros
friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the branch.
Cons
frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
Banking Industry
Internal IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 24, 2015
National Bank of Canada has a formal corporate culture. One has to be dressed in a formal suit and tie. It has a conservative culture.
Productive environment and interesting experience for people
Representant Service à la clientèle à distance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 15, 2015
Great staff and colleagues, open door policy, client focus services, work can be stressful but help is always available, good incentives for employees.
Pros
Bonus, activities for employees, managers are approachable.
Cons
Routine
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Skill Development & Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMay 14, 2013
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.
The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.
Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
management
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2015
management is there to help and support you in your day to day duties, they work as a team to achieve all goals and targets. they treat each other as a family.
Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2015
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
Interesting Work Place & Very Local
Finance (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 5, 2015
The Top management of the firm has a strong vision.
Although the bank has a very local mindset, it achieve great success.
French and English are necessary to grow with the organisation.
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto,onOctober 15, 2015
Great company to work for - I was very happy working there. The management was very supportive, overaly I highly recommend working here.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Amazing atmosphere. The Branch as a whole is very supportive and helpful. Meeting clients and getting to know them is awesome way to spend time at a workplace.
Very stressful management, micro management is frequent
Commercial Depositor (Former Employee) –  downtown calgary, albertaOctober 11, 2012
If you have a slow day at work, expect to feel miserable as management does not know how to assign you work, yet scrutinizes you if they feel you are not working hard enough
Manager frequently came upstairs and kept staring at your desk which made you feel very uneasy
Pros
good benefits, nice fellow workers on your level
Cons
bad management, not flexible, don't expect to read a book if your not busy even if their is nothing to do, you'll get in trouble
A great boss and a good company to work for
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I had atonomy within my last position and if it had not been for restructuring I would still be there with a good bonus and raise.

My manager and I got along very well and then they gave me a second boss who was perviously one of my managers and we are still in touch to this day.

I loved my job because it provided diversity, required the use of my accounting skills and people skills.
great place to work,awesome co-workers, culture/values
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMarch 25, 2013
National Bank of Canada is a great place to work. The culture and values are strong, which brings out the team work in all individuals. I learned a lot about the banking industry and its environment. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part of my job would be to serve the clients needs. Helping people is the main objective!
Pros
good team environment, good salary, good benefits, good mix with school
As good a place to work for
LEVEL II & III IT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcOctober 20, 2015
As the other big banks. Same pros and cons. Differences are more inter departmental. Enjoyed my time working for BNC.I would work there again.
Great Environment and Great Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work was usually me serving clients and trying to get them to buy products from the national bank. I learned great skills in the sales department, I learned to work independently, I learned to be quick on my feet and solve problems as fast as possible and I learned how to work effectively as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning how to make a sale when the client was stubborn. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and meeting new people
Low salary, low value
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCAugust 13, 2014
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
Pros
low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons
work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
good team work and excellent work conditions
Directeur de succursale (Former Employee) –  montrealAugust 17, 2015
good team work and excellent work conditions
At national bank there is a good support for new employees and ongoing coaching that guarantees the success of the branch and individuals
Pros
inspiring
Cons
technology
productive workplace
Administrateur - prêts corporatifs en syndication (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 27, 2015
Learned a lot about me; i.e. able to negotiate with lawyers

Except for management, the staff was quite enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of this job was to get recognition from management.

Best part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
very bad management team at Retail Credit Center in Mississauga
analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2015
The managers focus on making your life difficult
You have to explain bathroom breaks to them.
In last few years they turned the place into real sweat-shop
They micromanage you.
They care only how to make your life miserable. They have no other focus. Everyone with brains left or is looking for another job.
Knowledge increased
Sr.Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Professional in all interactions with clients,colleagues and other branches.Consistently handled large volumes of work loads assigned to the branch including those work was not assigned to the branch.Efficient and organized and consistently kept with her workload.
Pros
Incentives like yearly Bonus
Cons
Large volume and fast face
Great benefits
Senior Analyst Market Operators Support (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJanuary 29, 2013
Great benefits, lack of social activities. Great colleagues.