Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

not good at all
Payroll Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2016
do not work for National bank, salary is very low and management is poor. No opportunities are available for people who want to move up in the company and progress
Good employer
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 August 2016
Overall good employer, good salary, good benefits. Good work environment. I don't have much more to say, it was pleasant working there but I don't want to work in Montreal anymore and jobs on the south shore are rare.
amazing overall Organization
Senior Analyst - Disability Insurance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2016
wonderful employer. Amazing salary and benefits. Professional and innovative work environment with a great network and staff.
Very productive workplace with lots to learn
Front Line Advisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
I love working at the National Bank, one of the main thing about working here is that everything is manual that way you are learning much more rather than just punching numbers. I have learned alot from this work experience in terms of customer service and doing it right the first time. Management and co-workers are very friendly and motivated in terms of sales and being diverse. The most hardest part of this job is since there are not many branches in Ontario it is very hard to grow within the organization.
Pros
Very diverse organization to work in
Cons
Hard to grow in Ontario
Great Canadian company to work for
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
A bank with it's own culture and charm, technically advanced and innovative. Any position is fine. Would strongly recommend IT. Lot of potential. Company open to people and new business opportunities.
productive and efficient place of work
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2016
the culture of the National Bank is so developped and thats why its being chosen as the best employer (employeur de choix) for 2 years in a row
fun workplace
Correspondent Network (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
is a balance day daily.
always learning something new
management is good and can be better
coworkers are easy to work with
no hard rules
enthousiasme work atmosphere
Canada- Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2016
A typical day at work was really busy, we had a lot of calls in a day to handle. The satisfaction of solving a costumer problem helps a lot to have a good day. The team working was excellent, we all worked together on any kind of problems.
Pros
a bunch of activities to put everyone together.
fun working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 May 2016
great experience to work at a bank!!best way to upgrade and good way of career opportunity!! you get to meet customers and help them out with the banking transactions,you learn about banking products,great co workers, best part about this job was learning about new products daily, and explaining it to the customer which will benefit them and the company!!
Cons
they provided me great paltform where I can utilize my skills and talent.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Company provided me a great opportunity and platform to obtain experience in Canada's professional work environment.
Great team to work with and very helpful.
National Bank of Canada is an excellent employer
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
I enjoyed working at the bank, I had a great supervisor from whom I leaned a great deal in continuous improvement. We worked together to constantly improvre the methods used to accomplish the certifications.
Great Working Place with great team
Test Lead and Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Loved to work at a place where the environment was friendly and everyone was helpful.
Would always be in touch with my colleagues and seniors. All the best to my team.
Project
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
The team was very nice and people help a lot and you could learn a lot.
Projects are created but they are not well prepared, you begin the project. resolve problems and then the project could be finished
The department I work in the people are always busy
Mortgage Conditions Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2016
We have a very busy department, and love the fast paced environment but there are not many job position to further your career and that makes me feel like looking for another employer...but I love my job and my colleagues, we have a good team.
Pros
We do have once in a while Pizza lunchs
Cons
Working on Saturdays for overtime
Productive and customer oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
I learned effective customer dealing.
My co-workers are cooperative and work with team spirit.
When the client does not have any package on his account and the charges has been deducted and he is not willing to pay.
Meeting service targets.
Nice place to work!
Investigateur-Analyste fraude par cartes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2016
Great carrier opportunities, lots of different departments to work for. Really take their employees satisfaction to heart. Great management, you can openly discuss any issue or problem.
Great benefits
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2015
Great experience at the NBC. The company treat its employees very well with various benefits and programs. Overall I would of stayed longer if it wasn't for the layoffs.
Esprit d'équipe et collaboration
Directrice service clientèle (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 August 2016
La BNC est un employeur de choix qui encourage le travail d'équipe et dépassement de soi.
C'est également un employeur qui favorise le multiculturalisme
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal9 December 2012
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it.
Pros
lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons
people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern Ontario3 July 2013
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the Branch.
Cons
Frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location