Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

Dynamic
Directeur | IT Shared Infrastructures (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2017
One of the best employer in Canada for multiple years.
They invest in their employees and they gave good evaluation with good feedback.

It was an honor to work there
Not a great place to work
Front Line Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
If you're in retail banking, it's terrible. Little to no recognition for effort put in to help the team. Management is only quota driven, does not care to improve team morale to help with performance.

Would not recommend.
Limited opportunity outside of Quebec
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Great CEO and good vision, execution is a problem for this company. Decisions are made primarily in Quebec for other provinces without taking into account the market reality in any other province or understanding that it may not be the same as Quebec.
Very good about communication (unfortunately the English version is often several days behind the French announcement) and they are developing good change management.
Outside of Quebec there is very limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
limited opportunities outside of Montreal
Sales sales sales
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC18 February 2017
The crazy objectives make this a sales job and not an advisory job. We are barely asked to analyse customer needs, we simply throw products down their throats to reach our sales objectives. This job requires a lot of organization and dedication. The bonus can be really interesting but you need to put in the extra work. which means staying late and coming in on weekends to stay on top of things.
Pros
learn something new everyday
Cons
Terrible integration of new employees. bad values
Excellent employer
Credit Manager/Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2017
Enjoyed working for National Bank.
Implementing new technology.
Good advancement for sales people
Expanding in Ontario and coast to coast
mostly Franco speaking employee
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
My daily life
Assister et conseiller les clients (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent-du-Var (06)15 February 2017
I have a busy daily. My job is to meet the needs of clients in the best possible way while respecting the procedures and regulations.

My work constantly allows me to learn new things. I evolves in a team that gives me without counting.

My greatest satisfaction at work is that a customer is very happy with my service and tell me that you have met all my expectations.
stuck in the 80s
sales (Current Employee) –  montreal7 February 2017
The schedule is very flexible, salary is ok, but big cuts in our benefits in the last years causing my gross salary to decline by 10,000$ minimum.
great product for the clientele, but no new additions in a long time, no infrastructure and very VERY low tech creating issues with sales objectives and client service
Pros
HR is done right
Cons
no technology
a place to grow
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
even though national bank is a smaller bank compared to other banks, there are opportunities for advancement within the organization.
the benefits is definitely worth it.
Pros
old work culture
Cons
fun colleagues to work with
Productive high energy environment with exposure to different opportunities.
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
This is a thriving company were you can work from any office in Toronto and the main department could be in another Province. The management team is great to work with.
The Hardest part of my job is long hour and work life balance for team members with younger children.
The best part of my job is closing the deal, providing exceptional customer Service and the support from my co-workers.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
Long hours, Technologydeficiencies
Good team dynamics
Manager- Retail Credit (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
A niche lender, good collaboration with sales team and Operations. Co-workers caring and passionate about their role and contribution to success.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
outdated IT
Review
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
One of the best financial institution to work. Provides very promising opportunities & excellent benefits package. This institution has good reputation & good working environment for employees.
Pros
Promising oppurtunites
Cons
In house training
nice work atmosphere, pleasure to work in
Customer Service Representative (coop placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
Excellent team, work ethic and customer service management. Amazing team, pleasure to work with. Helpful management, motivated employees and loyal customers.
Very corporate culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2017
The management style is very micro and very picky. Too much politics and bureaucracy. The benefits are good and salary is average. It dépends which department you work for.
benefits
Cons
micro management
Conseillère en finances personnelles (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 January 2017
Good place to work. Staff very friendly. Good environment overall. Benefits are good too, i can definitely say National Bank is a good employer and would recommend it.
Productive and meaningful work
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2017
A great place to work for. You constantly have the opportunity to make a difference in your clients financial well being.
Pros
great benefits
Sales objection driven environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 December 2016
Management focused mostly on sales objectives. Co-workers were always great. If you have the right manager you will learn a lot and like your job
Pros
employee mortgage rates
Cons
only sales driven
productive and efficient place of work
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2016
the culture of the National Bank is so developped and thats why its being chosen as the best employer (employeur de choix) for 2 years in a row
they provided me great paltform where I can utilize my skills and talent.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Company provided me a great opportunity and platform to obtain experience in Canada's professional work environment.
Great team to work with and very helpful.
Project
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
The team was very nice and people help a lot and you could learn a lot.
Projects are created but they are not well prepared, you begin the project. resolve problems and then the project could be finished
National Bank of Canada is an excellent employer
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
I enjoyed working at the bank, I had a great supervisor from whom I leaned a great deal in continuous improvement. We worked together to constantly improvre the methods used to accomplish the certifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banque Nationale Du Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location