Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great benefits
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 16, 2015
Great experience at the NBC. The company treat its employees very well with various benefits and programs. Overall I would of stayed longer if it wasn't for the layoffs.
Very productive workplace with lots to learn
Front Line Advisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
I love working at the National Bank, one of the main thing about working here is that everything is manual that way you are learning much more rather than just punching numbers. I have learned alot from this work experience in terms of customer service and doing it right the first time. Management and co-workers are very friendly and motivated in terms of sales and being diverse. The most hardest part of this job is since there are not many branches in Ontario it is very hard to grow within the organization.
Pros
Very diverse organization to work in
Cons
Hard to grow in Ontario
fun workplace with great people
Conseiller financier senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2015
Great company to work for, a lot to learn and it is a fast changing environment. Management knows what they are doing but the fluidity of finding the information is lacking
Pros
nice location
Cons
long hours, not enough free lunches
Excellent Co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONMarch 8, 2016
National Bank of Canada, Midland Ontario(Contract to cover Maternity Leave) January 29,2013-February 22,2014
Provide customers personalized service and identify their specific needs, performance of basic operational activities deposits, withdrawals general ledger entries , inform customers on a specific range of banking products and services while making suggestions best suited to the clients situation. Answered telephone calls and responded to customer requests.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Night shifts for daycare purposes
Analyste Sénior (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 14, 2015
Good work-life balance.
Workplace provides learning tools to employees.
Good employees benefits.
Managements are flexible and open to new ideas.
Fun place to work.
Wonderful Place to work
Mortgage Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Very Good place to work. One can manage their time lots of free time at your disposal.
It's growing fast out of Quebec, excellent benefits for the staff.
Pros
Own boss
fun working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2016
great experience to work at a bank!!best way to upgrade and good way of career opportunity!! you get to meet customers and help them out with the banking transactions,you learn about banking products,great co workers, best part about this job was learning about new products daily, and explaining it to the customer which will benefit them and the company!!
Cons
The department I work in the people are always busy
Mortgage Conditions Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2016
We have a very busy department, and love the fast paced environment but there are not many job position to further your career and that makes me feel like looking for another employer...but I love my job and my colleagues, we have a good team.
Pros
We do have once in a while Pizza lunchs
Cons
Working on Saturdays for overtime
nice work place with career opportunities
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 18, 2016
Possibility to stay bilingual at work.
Team work, constant assistance from superiors.
Individual approach to each client in solving his situation.Bank policy of remarkable customer service.
Nice place to work!
Investigateur-Analyste fraude par cartes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 17, 2016
Great carrier opportunities, lots of different departments to work for. Really take their employees satisfaction to heart. Great management, you can openly discuss any issue or problem.
Good experience
Conseiller financier senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 16, 2016
Good place to work and learn. The management is dynamic but the equipment that we are using is outdated but overall good experience
Pros
vibrant workplace
Cons
not too much incentives compare to Bell
fun place to work
Préposée transactionnel, site opérationnel Laval (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCApril 24, 2016
I would recommend to anyone to work at the NBC. multitasking environment so you feel very useful, and there is free parking!
Pros
free parking
amazing overall Organization
Senior Analyst - Disability Insurance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
wonderful employer. Amazing salary and benefits. Professional and innovative work environment with a great network and staff.
Disorganized Company
Mortgage Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
A lot of confusion and not organized. Process is more complicated than it needs to be which causes unhappy employees and clients
Part Time Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Worked here as a student. Management was changing ad there was no teamwork. People picked what they wanted to do and left hard tasks for others.
Great for getting experience and applying it elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CanadaJuly 29, 2015
The bank is very stable generating millions of dollars in profit on a yearly basis. They take good care of their main share holders and the people who bring significant amounts of money on a regular basis. On the other hand they disregard their employees. Basically, they overwork you for the least they can pay you. You would have no appreciation for your work or your effort.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Long hours, non supportive superiors, very stressful
high stress and fast-paced job
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2016
You get to work and you need to catch up on any existing changes. Everything is constantly changing in the banking industry. You then complete customer demands, meet with them and try to identify their needs and offering them the appropriate solutions.
Pros
job stability
Cons
they are constantly raising sales targets
Customer oriented and family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative and front desk (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Typical day at work is customer service and administrative work or filing when no clients. Learn everyday if you work the Financial Advisers in your free time or when not busy. Team work is key and a good family atmosphere.
Fun workplace
Project Coordinator / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting senior managers with ad hoc requests. I learned a lot of new skills working here. I met so many fantastic people who I am still friends with to this day. Management is great here. I loved working here, it was a great environment. The hardest part of my job was surviving constant restructuring.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
salary was a bit low
A stable place to work in an unstable field of work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  MontrealDecember 9, 2012
A typical day at work revolves around the phone and email. As a virtual branch, all our communication with other consultants and clients is done this way. My team takes an average of 700 to 800 calls a week during regular months, and 1200 to 1500 calls during RRSP season.
I've learned a great deal about financing, loans and line of credit and the interaction of transactions within banking. Its possible to learn something new everyday as the rules of banking are constantly changing. My coworkers are all very pleasant and hard working and the management is the same. The hardest part about working here is constantly adapting to the new and creative problems our clients present us on a daily basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is right after you've solved a serious issue and are recognized for it.
Pros
lots of benefits, decent pay
Cons
people that call you up sometimes forget that you are also an individual and deserve respect.