Experienced UG Development Miners
Overview of Property
Banks Island Gold is commencing underground development at its Yellow Giant Gold Property, located 100km south of Prince Rupert, BC. Yellow Giant currently hosts three underground narrow vein gold deposits. UG mining at each deposit will utilize a decline ramp to access the ore zone and sub-level longhole stoping for mineral extraction. At this time, Banks Island Gold is seeking multiple experienced underground development miners.
Banks Island Gold employs modern mechanized mining methods using high quality equipment with an emphasis in safety, productivity, and team work. Our Company is seeking core employees to bring the Yellow Giant Project into production and share in the success of a new operation. Our intention is to refine and improve on best practices to create a highly efficient operation. A positive attitude, open communication and teamwork with technical staff and management are pre-requisite for employees of Banks Island Gold.
Summary of Positions
Reporting to the Underground Supervisor, the underground miners will work on a four (4) week on / two (2) week off rotational basis at the mine site. Miner 1 and Miner 2 miners with varying skill sets will be required as detailed below:
Miner 1: Jumbo Operator/Mucker/Bolter performs all aspects of mechanized underground hard-rock mine development, including work place inspection, face prep, jumbo drilling, loading, blasting, muck removal, and rock bolting.
Miner 2: Bolter/Mucker performs various aspects of mechanized underground hard-rock mining including work place inspection, rock bolting from scissor deck, shotcrete where required, assistance with loading and blasting, muck removal, and installation of mine services.
Responsibilities of the Positions include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates and performs routine operator and preventative maintenance on various underground equipment including Two Boom Hydraulic Jumbo, 6Y LHD, Scissor Deck, Jackleg and Stoper.
- Following engineering plans and prints.
- Identifying and responding to workplace hazards.
- Ensuring your underground tasks are completed according to set schedules.
- Managing haulage ways.
- Operating underground mobile equipment and heavy equipment.
o Performing drilling operations, including preparing face.
o Installing ground support/bolting.
o Operating mucking equipment, controlling dust and manage muck piles.
o Operating explosive loaders and dismantle, move and store explosive loading equipment.
o Performing shotcreting duties when required.
- Recognizing loose and abnormal ground conditions. Scaling loose rock from walls and roofs.
- Installing services including ventilation and piping.
- Selecting and transporting explosives, blasting agents and detonators.
- Checking and cleaning drilled blast holes.
- Conducting guarding and blasting.
- Performing maintenance on operating equipment (pre-start checks, refuelling, lube fill, washing down).
- Required to join the mine rescue team.
- Above all, the successful candidate will be one whose #1 priority is safety in the work place.
A minimum of 5+ years of experience in underground mine development is required. Shiftboss certification or ability to obtain shiftboss certification is considered an asset.
Compensation for the successful candidate will depend on experience and will include a production based bonus.
Resumes should detail experience and include references.