Bank of New York Mellon

Bank of New York Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Intensity
Sr. Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Time Sensitive, Always trying to mitigate risk, catering clients needs.
Dependable Employment with Room to Grow
Settlement analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: nice people, management was always present to help, very relaxed atmosphere
Cons: unreliable co-workers, felt like i would sometimes be doing someone else's work
I wouldn't say that I necessarily minded working at BNY Mellon. It fulfilled the requirements that I sought at that time. I wanted a full-time job that provided me with benefits. It sounds crude, but I was laid off from my previous job, and BNY Mellon definitely provides a kind of job security. You have to really try to get fired from there.

I learned – more... a lot about talking with people that come from different backgrounds than me. I was placed on my area's two biggest accounts, and the representatives of those accounts had obviously been with their companies for a long time. It was rather intimidating at the start, and it was the kind of position where I learned from my mistakes.

One of the frustrating things about the job was I felt (by the end of my time there) that I was performing a manager's job without a manager's pay. My area included 7 people and 1 lead. I was answering questions daily from co-workers pertaining to daily activities, and I was sought after daily if a problem arose with one of the accounts. By the time that I left the area, it was kind of in an employment upheaval, so things were all over the place.

I liked a lot of the people I worked with. One of my co-workers (the same department, but a different area) actually lived with me for a while, and the best man in my wedding worked with me. Even though it could be mind numbing at times, we were able to make it fun. – less
Boring but beautiful
Vice President, Platinum Client Group (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Steady-eddie company with a solid business mix that brings in reliable, consistent annual revenues. BK is increasing its focus on enhancing client relationships and delivering value-added solutions in a marketplace that is becoming ever-more commoditized. BK has a strong management team that is putting more emphasis on talent acquisition and management, – more... as well as on the advancement of young, motivated employees. – less
Not a happy place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DelawareJune 21, 2014
This is a very difficult company to work for. There is quite a bit of red tape in trying to accomplish anything. There are so many departments within the company that you can never get a straight answer on questions. It's always "that other departments" responsibility. The helpdesk is based overseas and trying to get assistance with anything technical – more... is a nightmare. They are only concerned with closing tickets and making sure their queue is cleared. Pay increases are horrible. Extra work is thrown onto employees with no thought and everything is "it needs to be done now" because everyone is so unorganized. Employee morale is very low so of course turnover is extremely high. – less
OK company
HR Webmaster and Business Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2014
Pros: good work hours, some extra perks.
Cons: no advace opportunities, no incentives.
The company has very nice facilities and some managers are extremely flexible, but is a hit and miss, the increases are always limited to barely anything and the benefits are high cost.

The work environment seems a little tense most of the time and they drive to make money and they really don't care as much to provide advancement in employees careers.
Not a good place to work
Vice President - SR Project Manager/BAU Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Engage and build relationships with the business, project planning, create estimates, dependency management, budget control, project lifecycle and tracking, scope definition and change, supplier management, issue and risk management, negotiation and governance
Nice company to work for
Check Service Clerk III (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: the break are nice, health insurance benefit are good
Cons: does not pay well
The people in my department work together to get the job done.
The management work with you to improve your overall work performance.
Its a Great Place to work
Operation Executive (Current Employee), PuneJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch/dinner, transportation, insurance, mediclaim, incentives
Cons: transport, pramotions, favoratism
Overall feeling Great to work with this company.
Learned how to lead, Manage work, report to Managements
management does favoratism to people they like only
co-workers are very good
the hardest part is to get promoted in this company
most enjoyable part of the job is you can take enough breaks but finish your responsibilities & take ownership
Great
Client Liaison (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Typical day consisted of reviewing loan documents and answering client questions or concerns via email and phone. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry. I enjoyed both management and my co workers. The hardest part about this job was being a little under staffed so made for more work divided over less people, which also lead to a lot of overtime.
Good Work Life Balance but Minimal Room for Advancement
Portfolio Accountant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2014
Pros: good work life balance, quality management & coworkers.
Cons: minimal room for advancement/learning, unpaid lunch & breaks you don't take, lower salaries than industry.
There is minimal training when you first start your position. You mostly follow someone for a few days to see their daily activities & then it is up to you to ask questions. However, the responses you get are often varied person to person.

People become very good at their particular postion, but do not gain knowledge of the overall process. The staff – more... and management are freindly & reliable overall. In order to get ahead & take on new tasks, you have to actively seek them out. Otherwise you will jsut be given more & more work of the same nature.

There is not a lot of emphasis on company pride & culture. It seems that most of what happens at the company is focused on the bottom line & not keeping employees happy or motivated. I'm aware this is the case at most financial firms, but is even more prevalent at BNY. – less
productive
Operation Executive (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 16, 2014
Its a very well and and company to work here and it one of the huge investment company all over around the world..
Not a happy environment
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAJune 15, 2014
Pros: i currently can still work 4 days/32 hours
Cons: i currently am on call with little compensation
More of our work is being sent overseas. The software we currently have is written in FORTRAN on an ITANIUM system. Currently the core software is being migrated to a Linux system. This is a challenging project due to the new technology but it is a wonderful opportunity to be part of.
Great Place
Secretary/Word Processor Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: great place to start my career
Cons: n/a
My typical day consisted of answering telephone, making travel arrangement, setting up meetings and typing reports.
One of the Leading Custodian bank where everyone would like to work. BNY MELLON having healthy environment which satisfy your job.
Operation Executive (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 12, 2014
We all want a healthy environment at our work place which gives a job satisfaction. I have learned a lot from my colleges which enhances my professionalism and helped me how to work under pressure. The most enjoyable day was Friday as we used to having Fun Activity on floor every week.
One of the best company.
Operations Executive (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snakes
Cons: only the eight and half hr. shift
I learn too much thinks. I face to much compiteter in my team so i learn fast that process. Its one of challenging job to achive maximum target in a day.
Busy day-to-day working environment. Challenges each day,
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), ManchesterJune 12, 2014
Pros: allowed free reign with my excel skills to input improvements.
Cons: sometimes outdated processes, slight unwillingness to accept change.
In this role, on a day-to-day basis, I successfully managed the influx of IT equipment requests for Europe & Asia Pacific. This involved me liaising with external suppliers to source the products required, seek cost centre approval for the price, and create a full purchase order to be sent out to the supplier.

Using my Excel knowledge I put together – more... a detailed ‘Metrics Pack’ of all the work coming in to our team, detailing total costs and purchase order counts. Senior management then successfully used this pack as a high-level overview of our department’s work and spending. – less
Great work environment
Accounting & Reconciliation Team Lead (Current Employee), Westport, CTJune 11, 2014
Great work environment
Allows for growth
Highly intelligent co-workers
Learn at a higher level.
100% productivity and particiate in all other activities
Operations Executive (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 11, 2014
It's very good compay , work place and environment is also good, all my team member are very supportive and co-operative. there is nothing hardest part of the job i am able to learn and do it my best.
LOVE WORKING FOR THEY
TELLER MANAGER / CSR (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: growing with the company.
Cons: 41k, paid vacation.
Created strategies to expand sales & goals. Making sure the customers comes first. Executed customer transaction, including making deposits for them. awesome company to work for. FIVE STAR ALL THE WAY.
A great atmosphere
Corporate Actions Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: reputable company, cafe in building, supportive coworkers
Cons: in downtown so parking was diffiuclt
During my experience at BNY Mellon I was very lucky to work with a very talented and welcoming team. I never felt like I worked in a tall building part of a huge corporation. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and took interest in what I did. My manager was nothing short of exceptional, who was always there to help but in no way micromanaged. He made – more... our weekly staff meetings short and fun while getting all the important highlights across.
Truly one of the most enjoyable work experience so far for me. – less

About Bank of New York Mellon

Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon – Read more

Bank of New York Mellon Photos