Bank of New York Mellon

Bank of New York Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Having the wonderful experience in professional career with BNY Mellon (india) & Higher education with MBA in Finanace.
US Fund Accountant as an Operations Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: reconsilation
Cons: every day for 8 hrs
i had a problem at the beginning part of learning ,when first time fund allocated on my name & i had to do my self but now i got it everything ,there is nothing but process follow step wise this is it .
working under good management & all co -workers are supportive & helpfull.there is nothing hard & easy, follow the steps only.when complete the job – more... at time at a perfect manner with full satisfaction & confidence.

Thanks. – less
Great team management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee), CentralMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free shuttle bus for lunch
Cons: low pay
Daily preparation of cash reconciliation and NAV.
Prepare of monthly financial reports to clients
Productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
This was a great learning experience for me. I trained to be a supervisor, and learn different managerial skills.
Productive and challenging working environment.
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2014
Reconciling cash positions and making sure that NAV is correct.
Enterprise trying to embrace change
IT Risk Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: excellent work life balance
Cons: poor communication of broad goals
A typical day consisted of back to back meetings and too much time spent trying to get managers up to speed on current technologies and strategies. Somewhat dated project management process and tools . . . slow to adopt realistic short and long term planning.
Fun Place to work for!
Tax Specialist for the Nra Dept (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2014
Multi tasking all the time. Learning every day and People are just great to work with. Our Jobs are coming to and end sadly end of Year.
Terrific office environment
Relationship Manager, Corporate Trust Services (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
BNY Mellon offers a very professional environment that provided a place that offered opportunities to move up within the company. The people were very friendly and helpful.
My Review
Module Processor I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 26, 2014
I made mistakes a few times. My objective is turn those mistakes upside down and correct them. Help the co-workers as much as I can through my experience that I learned from this job. Management are very co-operative in letting me know the things I did wrong and to watch out for. Carefully demonstrating the things that I need to learn. Getting to know – more... co-workers very well, along with bonding and it'll lead to better things. – less
Productive work Place
New Collateral Document Processor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2014
Looking for something better.The job was great but i need better pay
Decent Company to work for while you still have the job there.
Operations Specialist - File Clerk (Former Employee), 1633 Broadway (9th Fl) New York, NY 10019March 25, 2014
Pros: paid vacation time, being able to earn a 3 week vacation after 3 years with the company along with personal days, annual holiday parties, decent annual pay raises and some perks.
Cons: supervisors much more interested with their own personal agendas, lack of genuine care and concern towards their subordinates, some supervisors can be habitually unappreciative and disrespectful towards their employees.
Prior to being laid-off on 2/29/08 from BoNYM's former subsidiary BNYIC, it was a decent company to work for because you learn more about the company and the industry. It was a stable company to work for until Chase Bank had acquired the Retail Sector of the Bank in 2006 and The Bank of New York and Mellon Bank merged later that year in which both companies – more... decided to dissolve BNYIC and relegate those jobs to BNY Capital Markets and Dreyfus. The Benefits like paid vacation time and being able to earn a 3 week vacation after 3 years with the company along with Personal Days, Annual Holiday Parties, Decent Annual Pay Raises, Health Care Coverage and some perks like when the original former long time CEO awarded all employees with Employee Stock Options besides 401-K , Occasional Free Lunches/Working Lunch and job autonomy would be the aspects that I missed very much. Management I would have to say would range from OK to poor since there is always a high turnover rate after 3-4 years and some were able to run the company decently more than others but not exceptionally well though because they were much more interested with their own personal agendas rather than having their subordinates backs in times of need nor were they caring and concern enough about their own employees. In addition, certain supervisors and people in management (not all) have the tendency to show disrespect towards their employee by yelling or to belittle at them especially in front of other employees. This is were the general lack of respect and appreciation comes from especially since you don't hear from Management when you do an exceptional work and get recognized for that. You do hear from them when you commit minor errors. Co-workers I would have to say were okay because just like in the rest of our society some you can relate to or relate with you and get along with some don't and some you would rather stay away from. A typical day at work is I am just a self starter so I routinely perform the same tasks day in day out during my last nine years with them. The hardest part of the job actually none except when it was time to go because there was no other positions available that time which I can be transferred to although I would have welcomed that if there was. – less
Very interesting and memorable days
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Westborough, MAMarch 25, 2014
If you like a change from the ordinary BNYMellon is for you. I worked for them servicing a well known mutual fund client. Each day had it's own unique challenges from deciphering client requests, late mail drops and a very brutal New England winter causing delays and power outages. Management could be better as there was a serious communication issue – more... as well as less than professional attitude directed to the workers. Fortunately this was not always the case.

Co-workers are wonderful, always eager to help and learn new skills. Hardest part of the job does get back to the communication issues where management would make a decision one day and then reverse themselves the following day. Updates to the legal grids and procedure database did lessen these situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to the staff who were happy to be at work and strived to do their best for our clients. – less
Fun Place
Assist mutual (Former Employee), Westborough, MAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: party everyother thursday
Cons: only 30 mins lunch
Overall I liked working their but drive was very long. All the dept people were great to work with. Fun and mostly old people no younger as my age. Everyone was over 40's .
Poor all around
Vice President, Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2014
Cons: just about everything
13 years of poor upper management and expect to be stabbed in the back on a daily basis. Upper management took credit for all improvements recommended to improve systems operations. Bonuses were a laugh, and merit increases were worth refusing.
Success Driven Atmosphere
Senior Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Everett, MAMarch 23, 2014
On a daily basis, we are challenged by our managers and and peers to ensure that our clients get the service they deserve and expect from a global corporation. Managers facilitate a productive environment and there is much collaboration among peers.
Enjoyable workplace with opportunities for advancement
ESO Tech Process Expert (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2014
The managers are reasonable and recognize when individuals exceed. Benefits are wonderful. Co-workers range from lazy to hard working. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are unwilling to put forth effort. The most enjoyable part of the day is assisting external clients.
Burn Out, Burn Out, Burn Out
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good medical and 401k benefits and nice colleagues who all work very hard
Cons: very long hours and burnout. executive management very reactive - the opposite of visionary.
If you enjoy working 65 plus hours a week, then BNY Mellon is the place for you. Morale is poor, people are looking to leave (many already have) and Executive Management is very reactive and rarely proactive.

Raises are 1 - 1.5% a year if you are lucky while Executive Management awards themselves quite nicely with big bonuses and stock options. They – more... are totally out of touch with what is going on with the front lines. The Bank has lost a lot of good talent as of late and it will sadly get worse before it gets better. – less
BNYM
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Bank of New York Mellon

I have met some good people

Work day was usually 9-5
It was a fun place to work and learn in, and I felt like I learnt a loy
Work Experience (Former Employee), Brentwood, ENGMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nice area, good hours
I went into all different departments so one day wasn't always the same as others, But this way I learnt a lot of stuff to do with all the different departments. The people who worked there were very nice and friendly, the harest part of the job was that I had to give a presntation at the end of the two weeks where I had to talk about what I had learnt, – more... but I enjoyed it. – less
nice place to work
Module Processor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: full-time
Cons: pay for parking
Its a nice place to start a good career and work your way up in life.
My career before returning to college
Collections Clerk/Transition Project Leader (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: worked with a very diverse team
Cons: recession forced outsourcing
I loved working for the bank. When I worked there, I dealt with accounts holding an average of $2-12 million on a daily basis - electronically. I was required to work with British pounds, Japanese Yens, Domestic and NonDomestic US dollar, and Euros, so my job required daily phone calls with bank in England, Ireland, Germany, India, Australia, and various – more... other accounts. I also was offered the opportunity to work with staff in Pune India, and teach them my department before our work was sent to Pune, India. It was thee most rewarding 6 months to personally see to it that 31 members on the other side of the world, language and cultural barriers included, were able to not only learn the routines of my billing department, but that I did it over the phone for 6 months. It was because of that experience that I decided that I was best suited for teaching. – less

About Bank of New York Mellon

Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon – Read more

Bank of New York Mellon Photos