Bank of New York Mellon

Bank of New York Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most enjoyable job ever
Senior Executive Assistante (Former Employee), Luxembourg, LuxembourgJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: training
Taking care of CEO busy calendar, organizing meetings, research, travels arrangements, presentations, taking minutes, interact with all the departments, budgeting, expense claims, room booking, lunch order.
Compiling reports, assist other members on the Executive committee. Booking appointments.Welcoming clients,
Act as the eyes and ears in absence – more... of the CEO, mails follow up.
Microsoft office, lotus notes, PeopleSoft, GSP,
I had several training in Audit, Compliance, Depotbank, and Legal.
The most enjoyable was to be so helpful and had the opportunity to learn more and more every day. – less
Good first experience with a bank.
Assistant Teller Manager (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this bank. It prepared me for bigger and better things.
An exciting position on a trading floor
Information Technology Manager II (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: always on the move and a lot of chances to learn something new every day
Cons: not having all the time i want to take some trainings
The daily management of a support team on a trading floor is something exciting. Always on the move and working under pressure and tight deadline.

Moving to that position and at that same time changing country has been challenging but rewarding.

Moving to another country is something I'm not afraid of, it's giving me a chance to enhance my knowledge – more... and challenge my skills. – less
Great Environment
IT Desktop Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: contract didn't get extended, due to projects coming to an end
*Great Manager which knew how to get the best out of the team
*Colleagues were great and helpful
*All parts of IT groups had a good relationship with one another
Operational role related to Mutual Funds
Investment Accountant II (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 6, 2013
Account Reconciliation
Booking Trades/Corporate Action
Testing Income Accrual
Margin Variation
Fair Value Pricing
N-Q/N-CSR
Productive & fin place to work
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2012
Pros: very rewarding career
Cons: very long hours
•Supervised a team of 15 employees to design and market new client care approaches to enhance client satisfaction.

•Consulted clients on acquisitions of American Depository Receipts (ADR’s)

•Assessed and advised security portfolios to clients.

•Oversaw transaction procedures for estate probation and transfer of ownership.
Great job culture
Pricing Analyst, New York (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: little room for advancement
Enjoyed the "laissez-faire" management style, which made everyone more productive and efficient.
Unorganized department, Frustrating, Nice People Though
DSG Futures Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: relaxed manager
Cons: unorganization, training, no ot, outsourcing
When I started at BNY Mellon I was put into a department which just implemented a new manager with two new liaisons, which is the second in the chain of command. Liaisons are supposed to help the processors, which is what I was brought in to do. My liaison on a daily basis could not help me so I started working with my manager and he helped me greatly – more... in my training process, however the manager has tons to do, that is why a liaison is so important. So it was me and another young guy thrown onto a team that consisted of a new manager, two new liaisons, and the young guy and me. We both started around the same time, and that was it, nobody with any experience at there respective position. The first month I did very little and was mostly left by myself. I would train with my liaison for an hour or two, not understand it and then have to bother my manager. This went on until my temp contract was up 3 months later. Then they must have figured that it was time I got some actual work and gave me more responsibilities. This was fine, but when I did not know how to do something my liaison would ask my manager and I would have to wait until he was free. I am not kidding when I say sometimes it took days before an issue was solved by my manager, all the while my liaison would be doing nothing. Liaisons basically look at a problem and are supposed to help processors fix it because they have at least 5 years experience, my liaison would look at it for a couple minutes and say you better ask the manager. I am tempted to use the word lazy. Then the other liaison who worked with the other processor gets moved and we get another new liaison who likes to play on her phone most of the day and complain. She was knowledgeable at her job, but seemed angry at times and also lazy. Us processors were also told to never claim overtime. I had work to do in the morning so I would often come in early to get a jump on it, and then never claim those hours the six months I worked there. Bottom line, BNY Mellon probably can be an enjoyable place to work, the department I was in just frustrated me and I in turn had a bad experience, but that does not mean every part of BNY Mellon is like that. – less
Fun place with good perks
Relationship Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria. many food options
Cons: short breaks
Quality managers. Super smart people. Culture is very traditional.
easygoing job
Collateral Reviewer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2014
Cons: repitition
This job is very fast paced , really easy going . The supervisors are very helpful . I have learned a lot about the mortgage industry working at this particular job .
great place to work
Asset Servicing Specialist-Temp (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Although my contract was short I learned a lot and it was great while it lasted.
Productive and motivated culture with work-life balance.
Senior Tax Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
A place where fun and motivated individuals work. Management style is flexible but client focus.
Urgent need a Sql Server Developer
SQL Server Developer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 8, 2014
Pros: urgent need a sql server developer
Cons: urgent need a sql server developer
• Worked with Business and operation team for the enhancement of trading platform, advisor platforms.
• Strong experience in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services.
• Documenting code logic and procedures performed.
• Worked with Business analyst and SME in order to translate the requirement – more... into technical design and connect with the off-shore team to carry out the tasks.
• Wrote hundreds of stored procedures to support various business needs.
• Report development using SSRS.
• Query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information - using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies.
• Wrote complex T-sql for data extraction and data analysis.
• Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
• Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
• Created Triggers, User-defined Functions, and Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
• Responsible to support SQL Servers with ever-changing workloads, and achieving some level of predictable performance (or minimizing variance in plans and performance).
• Created checks and constraints to maintain data integrity.
• Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
• Knowledge of developing reports from Cubes using the KPI's for decision making, also debugged data connections, data sources and Data Source Views.
• Creating Ad Hoc and parameterized various Reports using SQL server 2008 R2 / 2012.
• Analyzed the existing application programs and tuned SQL queries using Execution plan, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and database Engine tuning Advisor. – less
A large financial institution.
International Advertising Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
A large institution to work for. A great group of people to work for, willing to share their knowledge and work towards the common goal of growing the business.
Very stressful work environment
QA/Audit (Former Employee), Irving TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: learn various processes
Cons: not an enjoyable work place
-Senior employees were required to know all processes and worked various processes daily

-Asked to work OT at the very last minute on a daily basis

-Very low pay and give .01-.04 cents raises yearly without any bonus or incentives

-Management is very unfair and made it very hard to come to work and love your job

-Leaving at the EOD was the most – more... enjoyable part of this job – less
Good For College Grads but no growth and lack of professionalism from management
Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: lack of growth, professionalism, country club setting, lack of business morales and ethics
Learned that don't trust your co workers, they will have lunch with you and act like you are an integral part of the team then stab you in the back to cover their mistakes. Turnover is due to management and lack of growth. Hardest part of the job waking up to go to it. Most enjoyable part .... parting ways.
Horrible
Business Analyst III (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 6, 2014
I would never work here again. The level of micromanagement was unbelievable. They kept tabs on when you came, when you left, who you went to lunch with. They treated their consultants like second class citizens.
Very Well Run Organization
Summer Analyst, Global Client Management (Former Employee), 北京市, C22April 4, 2014
BNY Mellon has a very different feeling comparing to other BBB. People at BNY Mellon are very genuine and down to earth.
Flexible work environment.
Vice President, Performance and Risk Analytics (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
An evolving culture of flexibility. Diversity in the workforce suffered after the merger with Mellon Bank.
Good work culture, Opportunity to learn other business and understand the overall business of the company
Operations Manager - Accounts Payable (Current Employee), IndiaApril 2, 2014
BNY Mellon is an excellent investment bank. It has got very good services and clients. Its a massive bank with huge...amount of assets under administration.
The management in BNY is supportive and cooperative. BNY puts a lot of efforts in staff grooming and leadership development.
The vision, decision, future plan is clear and shared across the staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank of New York Mellon

Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon – Read more

Bank of New York Mellon Photos