Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
part time job
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: short days because I was part time
Cons: hours were not flexible
it was a good experience, would consider banking job in future. Interested in working with people.
Like meeting new people and new challenges
A fairly organized company
Supervisor /Learning Development Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 31, 2016
Average. The satellite office was opened in Montreal in July 2015. A great atmosphere however it was the agents and team leads like myself who made it happen. The Toronto office would occasionally come to the site but rarely provide positive feedback. Hence it made it difficult to meet head office expectations.
Good company to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: shift bidding
Good company to work with. Excellent benefits. Lots of knowledge about banking imparted on daily basis.Team environment very positive.
Great Place to grow .
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Enjoyed giving advice on Financing and invesments .
Meeting clients - guiding them on investments . Assisting them with financial plans.
Approving mortgage applications , reviewing credit bureaus and obtaining necessary documents in completing the files.
Working with Notary in ensuring deals are closed in timely manner.
Training junior staff.
Working with appraisers.
Meeting clients face to face and discussing their financial needs.
Providing excellent service and protecting the banks image .
Lots of room for advancement
Manager, Client Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Pay, Benefits
Great place to work and great people who work here, However the Pay and benefits could be better. They make some great changes however they could be spread out more throughout the year
Productive and fun Workplace
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: worldwide presence
Cons: think of none
Very prestigious organization. fun and fast pace work environment with ample room for personal and professional growth. Great company to start your career. diverse work force.
Productive workplace
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Good workplace with high targets. Team work is there but everyone has to watch themselves first as targets take over the role.
Good Bank to work for and learn the processes
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: meeting with clients and discussing options to help
Cons: bad salary structure
Learnt about investments,Registered and Non Registered, Account opening and personal and commercial banking. Complaince and bank procedure knowledge is an asset in the financial sector.
great company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
The managers and staff are excellent to work with. The company is always trying to advance and it makes sure it's staff has the same opportunities.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
BMO is a great company to work for, it has taught me a lot. They are always willing to train you and help you succeed to get you where you want to go.
productive, hard working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I learned how to listen to clients, help other team members who were fun to work with. Enjoyed helping the clients which in turn helped the company
Lot's of responsibilities, not streamlined processes
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), British ColumbiaJanuary 2, 2016
There is a lot to do and to keep track of. That means that much of it is drowned in outdated, unnecessarily complicated processes, and micromanagement that is discouraging rather than helpful.

They do try to keep the customer in mind though and they take decent care of employees. Unfortunately systems and processes are frankly annoying and get in the way of productivity.
Process Specialist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 30, 2015
Culture is collaborative
Hard work is rewarded appropriately
Management supports movement within the organization. They also deal well with performance management
It is an interesting balance
Senior Analyst - Securitization Fin. & Ops. (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: I can go to the gym and flexible hours.
Cons: none
One thing I learned in my work is to be able to adapt to change. My work is not limited to just one type of routinary work but rather a combination of different work in accounting and finance, from the daily and monthly accounting, financial and investor reporting, to getting involved in a project.
Competitive, Healthy JOB enviornment
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
Bank of Montreal is a great employer. Lot of learning opportunity and work ethics are great. Management is co-operative. Would love to work for them again.
Great Company
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
Great Support from Senior Management
Great Benefits and Salary
Always an opportunity to learn and further your own development
Dissatisfactory
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: located on the yonge subway line
Cons: long hours (24 hour weekend work), poor team culture
As an Indian, you would think it would be comfortable working in a team full of them. However, I quickly learned the management and working style in this team is not up to American work standards. The team culture is poor and expectations are unrealistic. You will be lucky to do even 5% actual BA work here. Be prepared to do QA work for the rest of the time with ridiculous hours. At one point, we were told (not even asked) to work 3 weekends in a row. Communicating to the manager was not effective as he just wanted the work done; he was not concerned about job satisfaction. The communication in general is very poor. The manager/team members have spoken disrespectfully and raised their voice. There was no training or job shadowing whatsoever. The manager discouraged from seeking help from team members on a new task assignment as it meant it would be spoon feeding. He hasn't held the team meeting for weeks. FYI - This is specific to a team in the Technology department. BMO is a great brand otherwise, but just make sure to raise these questions if you interview for a position in the Tech dept.
Financial Service Consultant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Amazing team
Cons: Location
Work is always enjoyable. I love what i do here, so i look forward to coming in everyday. My targets are high but I surpass it, and that motivates me to keep doing what I am doing. Although we look at numbers, what keeps me going the most is customer satisfaction.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Almost everything
Cons: hard to advance career
I started in CSR and I really enjoy working here! there are nice people, nice colleagues, nice management, really fun and happy everyday at work. great place to work at!
Very friendly work environment
Legal Assistant for Corporate & Litigation Law (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
The staff and managers are excellent to work with. BMO is always trying to advance and it makes sure it's staff has the same opportunities.