Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
multiculture
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill ONMarch 18, 2015
fun to work with multiculture co-workers, see different customers, and do campaign as well and cooperate with internal department
Good people and bad management
Security Analyst / Windows Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Good people and bad management. No advancement and very bad work/life balance. They cut people often so the best way to work there is the contract
Dedicated employees and senior management with focus
Director Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 16, 2015
Generally a good place to work. Employees do a masterful job with less than state of the art tools. Technology is sometimes a challenge but the attitude of the employee is to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Great place to work!
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free banking, great benefits, employee share ownership plans, discounts on loans, mortgages rates, ect.
BMO is a fantasic company to work for. They have been great to me over the years. They truly care about their employees and will help you advance and futher your career into other roles if it is something you want to do. They provide you with great training and support as well. I have worked at muliple branches and been treated with respect at all of them!
BMO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Great benefits and opportunities! The team is very friendly and helpful. Alot of fun throughout the day.A great place to work, highly recommended.
Fast Paced Sales
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMarch 11, 2015
I worked as a Financial Services manager meeting with clients and giving advise on investments and Savings for the future.
Friendly Management
Global Assets Administrator, Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Rare to find companies that appreciate their employees with friendly managers. This is it! Great staff, caring and understanding and will always make you see the positive even in the darkest light. This company made me WANT to stay and work until midnight if need be to get customers the rebates and discounts they deserve.
Okay for entry into job market.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and vacation time, great employee share/stock plans
Cons: too much sales pressure
Bank of Montreal is a fast growing financial institution with several thousand employees across Canada.

As a Customer Service Representative/Bank Teller, daily obligations include helping walk-ins, generating sales, and completing bank reports. Management at this organization are incredibly sales oriented and apply a lot of sales pressure to their staff. It is too much most times, causing employees to take drastic measures to increase sales of credit cards etc. This was the hardest part of the job as well.

The best parts of the job were the friendly clients and solving difficult problems successfully. My coworkers were always pretty awesome as well!
Potential internal job opportunities
Commercial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
You get to meet a variety of clients from different backgrounds which always makes for interesting conversations. You need to stay alert and watch out for fraudulent activity and report anything you may find suspicious.
Enjoyable place to work with friendly customers
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2015
The best part was getting to interact with so many different people on a daily basis.
The people there were so great to work with and it was an very upbeat environment making it a welcoming place to work
supportive work environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Peel-Halton regionMarch 5, 2015
22 years with a company that recognized and promoted talented individuals. I was able to grow with the company and enjoyed my time with them. Most enjoyable part of the job was coaching employees on how they could reach and surpass their goals and expectations and watching them succeed.
Exelent place to grow
Service Specialist I (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Working for the Bank of Montreal has given me a great experience in the Derivatives field. The offices in Downtown Toronto are easy accessible. In BMO are always opportunities to grow professionally
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Productive, fun, busy, educational, progressive.
Assigned to windows 7 migration project.
Daily 2nd level support tasks.
Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was when to stop and continue the next day.
It's a good place to work on.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
I am enjoying the work culture here. The reason why I want to move further as I am looking for senior position with good package as well.
Senior Business Analyst/Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Learned a lot about Capital Markets/Back office business. People really nice.
Good benefits, positive corporate culture overall, good support staff for CAMs generally.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, free banking, advancment
Cons: stress, angry customers, not able to work overtime when full time
BMO is a great place to work because there are always continuous learning opportunities.
Wether it be new laws, new procedures or training for a new position, BMO is always open to advancing employees knowledge and encouraging job advancement.
I've learned a variety of skills and knowledge that will help me in my professional and personal life including: money management, investment options, credit options available, teamwork, sales, customer service at its best and many more.
The hardest part of my job is hitting sale targets and marketing our products to achieve increased sales.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers by finding ways to save them the most money and being able to learn something new everyday.
Great place to work while learning the foundations of business.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2015
Bank of Montreal was great place to work, It was my first business related job and it showed me how a top tier business worked.
Interesting job but lack of good management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 8, 2015
Pro - I really like the aspect of meeting many people and able to help solve their everyday banking needs.

Con - I wish that the process of getting vacation is a more well-explained. Adding extra hours and taking off early can become confusing.
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
good place to gain experience.
management was somewhat OK.
good place to learn about banking industry.
hardest part is dealing with difficult customers.
great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Had the opportunity to learn great customer service skills and to be able to guide clients in the right direction with their banking needs. Also gained great leadership skills as a Senior Customer Service representative.

1 2 3 4 5