Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced work environment with supportive team
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Having worked in executive offices, I have a vast understanding of the importance in acting as a liaison allowing for the executives’ time to be maximized as well as assisting in any way I can in order to reach the company/executives’ goals.I have different experiences at the Bank of Montreal from being a CSR to being an Executive assistant. I was able to succeed in all of them as a result I was being promoted to new challenging positions throughout my time with BMO.
Everyday you learn new things.
QA Integration Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 27, 2015
As QA Integration Analyst, had to communicate on day to day basis with Packagers, Developers and Release Managers.
Very good team to work with. Each application which we need to test is different for example number of shortcuts the application has, the registry location where the application information is stored when installed and when the application is uninstalled. Focus is very important to excel in this job. For application package testing depending on the requirements, there are five different installation methods. For each specific installation and uninstall there are different validation points. You learn lots of new things everyday and if you don't recap what you learn yesterday, there is a chance that you will forget it.
great workplace to be in
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: hard to get promoted, high sales targets
My branch was very laid back. We worked as a team to reach sales target and we collaborated on different projects together.
great coworker but horrible management
customer service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: people working there, location, can move up within the company
Cons: management, companies mentality, lots of people leave on sick leave due to depression or anxiety
Great people to work with made lots of good friends there however
this bank doesnt care about their employees, all they care is making more and more money " which is normal because it's a bank" but they pressure employees with unrealistic sales objectives. The quality team that listens to your calls will deduced points for using words such as "yea" "USA" "Legit" I even got deducted points on one of my calls because I was tyoing on my computer while the client was explaining me a situation!!..I was taking notes!! basically you have to sound like a robot o the phone

Its not all bad when I started in 2006 it was a great place to work with but around 2009 the bank got too greedy and that's when it changed for bad

I know many people who had to quit or go on sick leave because of the pressure they put on you, one girl got the depression
New Schedule B bank on the market. Helpful staff.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Montreal QcAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Helpful staff.
Cons: Management not on site.
No clear policies. Meeting deadlines tough. Management not on sight. Transactions attached to a Schedule a Bank.
Small office .
Good company
NETEZZA Warehouse Database Development (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Nice working environment
Cons: Too much stress
Good company. Nice people. Sometimes too much stress followed by doing nothing....
Flexible hours.
Good hardware.
Big desks.
Job security, good salary
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
BMO provided with a job security. I received a very good salary. Management of my department was clear, interesting and challenging job.
Summary
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 11, 2015
• Test Level Assessment, Test Strategies, QA Practice / Process improvements as per CMMI level 3, implementing QA audits
• Testing Project Control Officer (PCO) helping PM in budgeting, planning, estimations, test auditing, Mentoring/ coaching, maintaining performance status matrix, giving Presentations, etc.
• Coordination with business, requirement management, third party developers, RIS developers, project management teams.
• Test documentation: Test strategy, Test Estimation, Traceability Matrix, Master Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Reports. Test Design Matrix,
• Coordinated with Business and Requirement depts. by creating various testable combinations/ test scenarios
• Functional review sessions with Business Analysts/ Requirement Manager, formal review meetings to review Test documents
• Testing approach and scope for data migration, Business Acceptance Testing (BAT)
• Implementation of Execute Package Testing across various lifecycles & various programs implementing roll-out, upgrade, production support and maintenance.
• Test data for Test Scenarios and Test Cases
• Date migration from RIS to Charles River
• Change, Incident / Defect Management: Set up Defect Tracking tool, created SLRs for defects fixation, analyze and generate Defect Measurement indicators/ Report
• Preparations & execution: Functional, System-Integration testing, regression, UAT
• Test Reports: Status reports, Defects Reports, Severity, Priority Reports.
• Release Management
proud to work
Financial services Manager (Former Employee), ontarioAugust 1, 2015
learn everyday and share knowledge every moment. talking to customer , helping them for their need for loan , mortgage , investment and daily banking need s
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 24, 2015
Supportive Management
Room for Advancement

Very sales oriented, weekly targets are placed on employees

Supportive Management will coach on a weekly basis to ensure targets are being made
Awesome place to work but they are cutting back on hours and employees.
Senior CSR (Current Employee), Penticton, BCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in.
Cons: Changing hours and having cutbacks.
The only reason I am looking for other employment as they are cutting hours and employees therefore I would like to work more hours (30 to 40 per week).
productivity
Senior Service Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: multitasking
Cons: short staff
-team work.
-environmental work plce
-multitaking
-willing to learn
-short staff
-good people
-knowlegeble co-worker.
-not enough staff to train others
N/A
Bilingual Loan Collector (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2015
It is a new position. I started last month. It is a part time job.
I like this job because it is an opportunity to learn new skills.
My co-workers are very kind, they are teaching me everyday how to successful in that position.
The hardest part is , working Saturdays and sundays.
Dynamic workplace with a multitude of new challenges.
Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee), New BrunswickJuly 9, 2015
Pros: visiting clients, a certain level of automony
Cons: Long hours
BMO was a great company to work for. I learned how to analyze the cash management needs of small business clients. I leaned how to work closely with a team of specialists to better serve the client.
BMO is a good company to work for which encourages employees to strive for excellence
DATA MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
It is a company of typical corporate culture, a day generally begins at 9 and ends at 5. Management is flexible but quality and efficiency is expected. There is also time to connect with others and team building is always encouraged. The company embraces change helps its employees to improve skills and achieve personal goals.
Quiet Professional
Senior Customer Services Rep (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Health Benefit, Flexible Hours
Cons: Sales related role
Excellent company ,Professional organization great career growth and secure working environment, Lot of training to enhance your skills.
Felt like one big family, loved my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Only weekends of
Working for the bank of Montreal was great, Management was excellent and you got the best training in all departments. I met and worked with some of the best people in the financial business and learned from each and everyone.
SIMPLY THE BEST
Team Leader (Halton/Hamilton/Niagara) (Former Employee), TORONTO/HALTON/SCARBOROUGH/HAMILTON/NIAGARAJune 24, 2015
BMO ALLOWED ME TO GROW. WORKED FULL TIME, PART TIME AND WEIRD HOURS TO ACCOMMODATE MY LIFE/ FAMILY. BMO ALWAYS TREATED ME FAIRLY. WHAT I LOVED ABOUT EVERY POSITION I HELD WAS THAT I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I WAS ALWAYS CHALLENGED AND APPRECIATED. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE WAS DOWNSIZING BUT BMO ALWAYS COMMUNICATED EFFECTIVELY AND TREATED EVERYONE FAIRLY. THEY SHOULD BE THE #1 BANK IN CANADA BECAUSE THEY VALUE THEIR EMPLOYEES!
Yes I love table tennis.
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking the dance floor and continuouly checking up on my team. Forwarding emails to different parterns at the bank for escalation purposes. Conducting side by sides and one & one coaching. Having team meetings & manager meetings. Reward and recognising associates throughout the day.

My experience in management has tough how to deal with individuals with different personalities, as well as leadership abilities through excellent problem solving and diplomacy skills. From a management perspective I was able to embraced all types of change. I was also able to enhanced my communication skills both verbal and written.

The hardest part of job is when I have worked hard to develope an employee and they are unable to successed and I have to move to termination.

I enjoy seeing my soborndinates succeed after coaching and performance managing and they improved.
easy and calm work environment
Intermediate Servicing Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 21, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch breaks when ever.
Cons: unable to attain fulltime job
work was extremely easy and non stressful. The environment was extremely calm. Co-workers were very helpful. However, the hardest part was to get full-time job. You won't get it unless you know someone.