Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews in Canada

Document Review Specialist
Senior loan document specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
BMO is one of the 5 top banks in Canada, I'm grateful to have had the chance to work for BMO and learn about Loan IQ, a new loan software.
Great organization to work for
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work, Engage customers in complete, needs based conversations to identify financial services needs and recommend solutions
Complete applications and close sales as part of customer interaction, whenever possible
Document identified opportunities, and changes to customer situations and potential needs.
BMO Bank of Montreal has great management and my co workers are amazing.
A fast paced work environment in a busy commercial branch
Teller / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
As it has been numerous years since I was employed by The Bank of Montreal, I am unable to provide a precise outlook on how the job would be today. I did enjoy my time spent with this employer and there were a lot of challenges that I took on with a vengeance. Today, banking is a different ball game.
Many opportunities for the inexperienced
Everyday Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
Training provided for all new staff.
You get the chance to learn a lot of new things.
Company really cares are about the community and encourage the staff to get involved.
Pros
Great team spirit. Diverse work force.
Cons
No job security
job satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 21, 2016
I am fully satisfied with the job..Every one at the job is team oriented and customer satisfaction is the most Important at the work.
Very Busy Work Place
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
A good place to work as a developer, people help each other, the projects are very busy. They don't maintain a friendly and professional atmosphere.
Pros
good place to learn knowledge on programming
Cons
a bit boring place
Bmo - Review
Bilingual Telephone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 20, 2016
The staff is great and you can honestly build a strong career if that is what you are chasing. Sky is the limit; you just have to keep on pushing and striving to be the best.
Good company
Supervisor Fund Accounting & Operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 17, 2016
Its always busy. As supervisor I have 5 direct reports. I have very strong knowledge in the investment accounting and security industry. I have over 15 years experience.
Productive and Professional Team to Work With
Senior System Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
Working at BMO was fun. My team members were quite professional and helping. The work was challenging and I learned several new technologies there.
Excellent Team / Individual work balance
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
Great place to learn team building, scheduling, and management skills. Time management is a MUST in this position. Multi-tasking, sales / customer service balancing, outbound calling, scheduling, building your own network, and legal compliance are all required to be successful in the industry.
Pros
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
Cons
Lots of Education, Certifications and Licencing required to advance career (slow career advancement)
Great place to work.
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 9, 2016
BMO is a great financial institution to work for and provides a great work life balance to employees. The staff are great however there is a bit of a glass ceiling in certain locations that requires relocating in order to continue on a career path.
Excellent Experience
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
Got opportunities to work on multiple technologies and handle projects of various size and scale. Good Work Life Balance.
Established trust with business partner. Freedom to think out of box and implement new ideas.
Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
They provide excellent benefits, comparable salary, and a great environment for learning and cross-training on other jobs.
Bank to grow
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 31, 2016
Great bank to work for. Little conservative with their approach towards lending. Lots of opportunity to grow on the east and west coast.
Dynamic Environment
Customer Service Representative/Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 30, 2016
Amazing customers. Developed many personal and professional relationships. Co-workers were very receptive to new knowledge and were often proactive. At times (usually holidays, end of the month, or beginning of the month) the branch could not be more busy. Other days, I utilized my time by finding and completing new tasks and challenges.
Pros
Providing excellent service and having the customer leave with a smile.
Cons
Scheduling was very disorganized.
Sr. Platform Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
The Platform Engineering team is the best place to be bar none. I have worked at other FIs and this one takes the cake. Great management and the atmosphere is family like.
Rewarding in terms of personal development and career
Workgroup Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Fast paced environment that is very demanding. Have learned that prioritizing is key in meeting timelines and addressing issues.

Co-workers are great to work with making team work very productive.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed a long career with Bank of Montreal and worked with so many amazing people. I was able to move myself up within the Bank enabling me to learn new skills and meet new challenges. I learned to appreciate people for their differences and to understand that everyone is a contributor. I was fortunate to have exceptional co-workers which gave me an excellent team which I am so proud of. The hardest part of this job would have to be stressful timed closings of contracts of which we consistently successful. The easiest part would be the ability to work with so many amazing people around the world that I am blessed to still call friends.
Great working environment
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
BMO is a great working environment. It is a fast pasted environment... A lot of fun yet skilled people within the organization.
Gershon Elizarov
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
like mentioned in my resume, I provide investment advice by identifying and promoting investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our clients’ needs. Also, I am a qualified lender therefore, i provide personal and commercial financing by analyzing client' s/ company's financial situation.
i have learned how to provide great customer service, enhance my selling skills, analytical skills and to work effectively under pressure.
i enjoy feedback from managers and provide training to co workers across branches in Montreal.