Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

Excellent working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2017
It is a fantastic palace to begin your career. You will receive professional training . Once begin, you will know how professional the CSR could be!
Pros
Assistance from supervisor
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2017
Flexible hours, good team support, good management, enjoyed interacting with various customers, Customer service manager was very accomodating and helpful
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Would not refer anyone to work there
FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
Was not the best experience that I had in a work environment. Did not find that the work environment was friendly and it was negative, which made it hard to go in every day.
BMO Environment
Senior Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working at BMO is great, daily challenges keep you on your toes at all times. You work with different departments, to learn different job roles to enhance your job experience.
Pros
No time management
Cons
lots of escalations
Understaffed
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
BMO is constantly changing policies without providing its staff with proper training. BMO keeps its branches understaffed and doesn't provide enough support to its employees.
Innovative and challenging place to work.
Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario Canada1 February 2017
Working at BMO was a great experience. Managers encouraged my ideas and fostered a great team work environment. Compensation for the roles I held was above industry averages.
Pros
Plenty of vacation
Cons
Changing priorities kept a constant constraint on new development.
Good stable company with good benefits
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Solid large company to work for. Has the typical pit fall of being a bit too bureaucratic. Benefits are good and in line with other banks. Jobs had good work life balance, some times required staying late but overall pretty flexible, with flexible work options.
Productive and professional workplace
NCR Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 February 2017
The Bank of Montreal was a Good team to work. We worked well together in a fast paced stressful environment, however we managed to exceed nightly targets accurately as a team.
Best job experience ever
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 January 2017
Had great experience while working there. Managers are so supportive. Everybody push each other to do good , hardworking but fun and stay together like a family.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON31 January 2017
Nice people and room for advancement. Great bank to work for.
Hours were flexible and learn a lot not just from your job but the customers as well.
A good start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
A good start to begin your career
Not too much requirements before you accepting this job
You can always learn a lot from this position
Think really careful before you accepting this job
Pros
A good stage for learning and practicing sales and customer communication
Cons
Unbalanced life work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2017
must be a sales oriented person
management is great and helpful
must be willing to work hard
opportunity to advance to higher positions
good work life balance
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2017
My typical day at work consist of helping client with heir daily financial routine, along with educating with a potential new suitable product/services that will maximize and benefit the client as my corporation. I am learning on a daily basis new business tactics, structure as well as business thinking, physiological influence, etc... Some days are easier than others. With constant traffic of clients there are some issues that require an additional attention that in some cases cant be solved right away, therefore myself or my colleagues will follow up with an appropriate channel. My colleagues and I consider each other as a family and always support and help each other, my manager and an assistant manager are a wonderful and helpful part of our team. Even thought we do day after day try the best, we still do have to be cautions, careful. The hardest part is to not be able to help and/or to provide with the immediate and/or satisfying solution some of the clients, however I enjoy and get a self satisfaction while doing my job by helping and put a smile on clients face, and give my 1000%. Of course part of the workplace culture and responsibilities is to hit our targets. I pride to take a big part in helping and creating happy and creative way of achieving my personal goals and company goals(revenue).
Great place to work,
Intermediate Computer Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
Great place to work, very steep learning curve. training and advancement opportunities. In house training college is a great plus where as an employee you can go and get training.
Poor Experience
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
They hire good looking people for leadership roles who don't know the first thing about management capabilities. The ones that stay are too afraid to leave because they're used to being ridiculed and embarrassed by their top brass.
Strongly dedicated resources
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
Resources are very knowledgable and willing to assist. Technologies being used are progressive. Some areas are overworked and that is reflected in responses received from some PM's.
Pros
People
Cons
Expectations for OT without compensation
Good place to work for
Qualified Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2017
always new challenges, both personal and business banking side, having to deal with customer issues will help learn new stuff and helping customers for their everyday transactions
IT EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Great place to work with excellent growth and learning opportunities.

The company is one of the largest bank in canada and has international operations.
Poor Leadership
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
3 Re-organizations with a year and a half....and they still haven't finalized the structure. The team members haven't had a job mandate for this entire period.

They also have a lot of carrot dangling, where they say you're getting a new position and a pay raise, but then a new leader takes over and you get nothing.

Leaders promising changes jump ship mid way through the changes they have started. Then they hire a new leader and they make their own changes.

Some managers get promoted to higher positions when they have done a terrible job.
Pros
All have evaporated...none remain
Cons
Terrible leadership and theydon't reward good work.
Its a good workplace to work depends in which branch you are working
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Its a client facing role where i meet various clients with different banking requests like deposits,payments,wire,utilities payment etc.

I have learned various things like different banking plans, banking processes, time management skills, handling difficult customer.

I have got an opportunity to work with different people with different background and different culture.

The hardest part of a job is i am not getting much hours because there are 4 part time CSRs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and interacting with them.
Cons
less hours