Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people to work with
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was a great place to meet new people and become friends, but the company itself I was not impressed with. Over the years they became very money hungry and not caring about their staff. They go on about it being a great place to work, and they were at the beginning. Caring about our families, saying family was #1, and then it became all about more money, trying to take money from people that didn't have any to give. Constantly increasing fees, asking for more business from people when there is none to give. If you want respect and loyalty from your staff, you have to give respect and loyalty in return.
Great team
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 21, 2016
Team work is an established culture of the bank which makes the working environment so conducive for every employee of the bank
Great opportunity
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJuly 19, 2016
Great organization with a mature Project Mgt Office for each line of business. Coworkers are always helpful and the PMO offers great project methodology training when you're hired to get you a great chance at a running start with your projects.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2016
Everyday is a different experience. Good work environment and approachable management. I have learned a lot about banking both in the personal and commercial business.
Pros
permanent full-time
Cons
random shifts
Nice Place
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
• Processing, data entry, reviewing new accounts related to TFSA, RRSP, RDSP, LIRA, RIF, RESP, Individual, Joint and Corporation. Making changes to existing accounts as required.
• Evaluating incoming requests to ensure that documentation received meets Compliance policies, AML and KYC requirements and self-regulatory organization standards in addition to those prescribed by the Federal and Provincial Government.
• Verifying/ Analyzing account information to provide accurate financial reporting within stipulated deadlines to internal clients.
• Calculating high volume financial transactions and General Ledger entry on ICI, IBUK and PLRS environment relating to Revenue Sharing, FBA Stamping, Brokerage fees, Swap Deposits, Precious Metals, Commission by wire and Cheques, Reallocation and other processes related to Fixed Income Operations.
The Bank
Lending and Investment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
Working with the bank has been an experience like none other. I never thought I would stick around for a decade, but the relationship I built with my clients and co-workers alike was worth it. Time flew by without me noticing. I never considered myself a banker, I was allowed to be creative enough when necessary and growth was always just around the corner.
Pros
A piece of mind, lots of room to grow
Cons
If you do not enjoy corporate culture it could be difficult at first
great
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2016
great job fun employees. lots of learning experience and lots of patience gained with dealing with customers and lots of fussy people.
Pros
great staff
office assistant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2016
office assistant
Office administration assistant
International environment
Great place to step in the industry
Microsoft office/Excel/Phone skill training
Productive and positive workplace with great benefits.
Associate, Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 14, 2016
The experience I have gained is incredible! I love the amount of responsibilities I had, and the corporate culture is amazing.
Challenging work environment with constant change
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2016
Typical work day included contacting clients, visiting clients and prospects in person at their place of business, managing and directing my deal team, planning sales activities.

I learned how to manage wide variety of tasks and how to engage the public into trusting my personal brand to manage their banking.

I was very proud of my co-workers and have nothing negative to say about them. The people are what makes that workplace.

Hardest part of the job was handling the regulatory changes and keeping up with an evolving environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was calling a customer to inform them that the deal is approved.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative / CSR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work at the bank is busy helping customers who are lined up to the door with every day banking needs. I have learned much throughout my time working at the Bank of Montreal. I have gained sales experience and improved on my customer service. My management and co-workers are very friendly and easy to approach. The hardest part about the job I would say is patiently deal all the different personalities you may find in your customers. The most enjoyable part is the learning experience and learning new skills such as sales.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities, respectable employer, great learning experience, good professionalism
Cons
Part time employees have very limited hours, many customers have many different personalities
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Support Officer, Cash Management Team (Former Employee) –  BMO Bank of Montreal, Toronto, Ont.July 13, 2016
Good Bank to work for.
Good work balance,
Opportunites to excel, constantly,
Good Management who are very accommodating.
Gained several years of banking knowledge and experience.
Good team spirit and good working relationships with my Management and colleagues.
I looked forward to going to work every day and enjoyed my job thoroughly and excelled in customer service.
MVP and Bravo rewards received.
Friendly and efficient working environment with great advancement opportunities
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 7, 2016
If you can manage to land a full time position as opposed to a contract one (which is nearly impossible!) this is an amazing place to work for with great managers and amazing coworkers with an extensive savings and retirement plan. This place used to be all full time employees, but now the company is back filling full time positions with contractors - which means no vacation, no sick days, no job security (they can literally fire you at a moments notice) and no benefits. Unless you're one of the higher ups, you're almost guaranteed a contract position. I would love to work here the rest of my life but my need for health benefits due to my medical condition is forcing me to leave, and most people here have to wait up to 5 years until a full time position is open for their department.
Pros
Amazing management and coworkers, great opportunites
Cons
contract positions
low pay
Servicing Analyst and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2016
overload work and low pay, worked there for over 15 years but was not able to manage to rent a proper apartment.
Very professional environment
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
This was my first job out of school; however, I do recall it being a nice, professional place of employment and great gals to work with.
growth
Workgroup Technology Analyst/ BCP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 30, 2016
BMO has great benefits package and stock options
telecommute from home
managment is good and listens to your input
clients appreciate hard work
benefits
Cons
non
Document Review Specialist
Senior loan document specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
BMO is one of the 5 top banks in Canada, I'm grateful to have had the chance to work for BMO and learn about Loan IQ, a new loan software.
Great organization to work and grow if you can get past work politics
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
This was job, was my stepping stone to my other opportunities. I am very grateful for this opportunity as I started my BA career here. Very fast paced and dynamic environment with each day offering a new challenge and keeping one on their toes. Work culture can get political sometimes. However hard work is recognized and rewarded fairly.
Pros
Learning never stops, fun and dynamic work environment
Cons
Remuneration is not as great, and work culture can be political
Great organization to work for
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work, Engage customers in complete, needs based conversations to identify financial services needs and recommend solutions
Complete applications and close sales as part of customer interaction, whenever possible
Document identified opportunities, and changes to customer situations and potential needs.
BMO Bank of Montreal has great management and my co workers are amazing.
A fast paced work environment in a busy commercial branch
Teller / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
As it has been numerous years since I was employed by The Bank of Montreal, I am unable to provide a precise outlook on how the job would be today. I did enjoy my time spent with this employer and there were a lot of challenges that I took on with a vengeance. Today, banking is a different ball game.