Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

you need to suck up a lot to advance
Investment Specialist and Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2017
Not a great place to work plus they don't care about your mental health and your well being, they force you to sell or you will be fired and not a great place to be going to school while working
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad hours
Worst Bank to work for
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 May 2017
I've worked for CIBC and RBC. BMO is the worst! Bad management and weak training and processes. Management is the downfall of BMO. The weak and back stabbers are promoted. Not a good company!
Nice place to work
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
Many un-rewarded challenges, but overall, a good work place. Nice work conditions, friendly people. Job assessment more often than not - unfair. Individual performance not enough valued.
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2017
Not a bad place to work. Like any other call center. So long as you're motivated and have the intention to move forward, you can, with time. Personally, nothing negative to say about this job.
A very professional place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
A very professional place to work. Career advancement was there and consideration of employees was there. Management was pleasant and caring. Very disciplined approach
Pros
Professional
Approach customers and interaction techniques
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
I worked in the field selling MasterCard to our customers, the job was commission based for the entry level employee but the greater sales revenue the employee accumulated the better it was for the employee to advance in the company for a salary based position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Field work
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
Supportive people to help anytime
Awesome culture
E learning is the hardest part to complete
Facing clients everyday is enjoyable
Learnt everything about retail banking
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
irregular breaks
Productive but slow moving
Sr. Database Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Too much red tape.
Management seems capable but slow in delivering changes.
Indian off shore companies are taking over, which is bad news for Canadians. Another bank choosing cheap labor over quality of work.
Great Environment
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2017
I work with a great team. They have each others interest in mind. They are helpful and willing to inform each other of changes throughout the day. You can approach your manager without feeling threatened. Overall Great team.
It was okay
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Over, it was an okay experience. A typical day at work: Administrative included duties. The management has lot of politics. The pay is alright, could be better.
Bmo
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Working at a Canadian Bank was a completely different culture than my previous finance job at MS. The trading desk faced pace experience was like no other.
Overall great environment but extremely repetitive work with exaggerated salary
Everyday Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  2465 Argentia Road, Mississauga, Ontario28 April 2017
- Great managers and environment
- Overly repetitive work with unrealistic expectations to make the bank money
- Payout isn't proportionate to the selling that is done within the environment
- Lots of opportunities to learn new technology and ways to improve one's own banking
- Great training programs that teach a multitude of skills and assets (credit card knowledge, lending, everyday banking)
Pros
Lots of opportunity to grow but all the work centers around phones and handling customers
N/a
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Many different departments do the same thing. More consolidation needs to happen. There is a sense of lack of transparency in major projects. Governance is not a key strong point of programs which are run by Bank Employees who do not have previous PM experience.
good learning enviroment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 April 2017
a typical day at work involved filing client documents alphabetically as well as working as a teller. the workplace culture was great as you are given room to learn new things and be a better overall employee
great start in the banking career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2017
The corporate culture is likeable, promotes strong sales culture, yet encourages the pursuit of the sales at a team level, which make you feel supported.
Pros
great culture and management
Cons
sales pressure is there
Mostly a good experience
Help Desk Analyst (Microsoft, Citrix, VP) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
Decent work environment, for the most part. The pay and benefits are good, but that leads to a problem with stagnation within certain fields, as a high percentage of people who work there tend to stay until retirement. In the tech field, this didn't leave a lot of opportunity for advancement or movement.
Pros
decent environment
Cons
lack of opportunity to advance or grow within chosen field
Best of times
Direct Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
I LOVED working at the Calgary BMO. We had great team leads and fantastic corporate folks. I was very sad that they shut down the Calgary location but I still keep in contact with many of the folks that worked there.
Salaire
Customer Service Representative - everyday banking (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
Je nai pas apprécié mon expérience à la BMO, poste d'entrée avec salaire plutôt bas.
A good place to succeed
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
My experience in BMO have been more than possitive, have been my first employment experience within my field of expertise since I came to Canada. They gave the opportunity, unfortunately as the position is an entry level position, to move forward is complicated but this is because of the "internal competition" BMO respects seniority.
Pros
Stability, Benefits, opportunities
Cons
internal competition
Productive steady workplace
Teller/Head Teller on weekends (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 April 2017
I enjoyed working their. I got along with all my co-workers. Most of all about the job I enjoyed the customers and looking after their needs the best I could. I miss that the most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Montreal. Our community is ready to answer.