Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews in Canada

Sr. Platform Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
The Platform Engineering team is the best place to be bar none. I have worked at other FIs and this one takes the cake. Great management and the atmosphere is family like.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed a long career with Bank of Montreal and worked with so many amazing people. I was able to move myself up within the Bank enabling me to learn new skills and meet new challenges. I learned to appreciate people for their differences and to understand that everyone is a contributor. I was fortunate to have exceptional co-workers which gave me an excellent team which I am so proud of. The hardest part of this job would have to be stressful timed closings of contracts of which we consistently successful. The easiest part would be the ability to work with so many amazing people around the world that I am blessed to still call friends.
Great working environment
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
BMO is a great working environment. It is a fast pasted environment... A lot of fun yet skilled people within the organization.
Gershon Elizarov
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
like mentioned in my resume, I provide investment advice by identifying and promoting investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our clients’ needs. Also, I am a qualified lender therefore, i provide personal and commercial financing by analyzing client' s/ company's financial situation.
i have learned how to provide great customer service, enhance my selling skills, analytical skills and to work effectively under pressure.
i enjoy feedback from managers and provide training to co workers across branches in Montreal.
Great company to work for
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 15, 2016
BMO not only cares about their clients, but their employees too. They are involved within the community and make sure they are involved where their employees are too.
work experience with BMO
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
It is a fun & friendly place to work, especially i work among a group of great co workers. I've gained a lot of experiences about fraud & AML.
Pros
large corporation
Cons
no growth for current position
Temp role for conversion
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
-good environment
-longer work hours, various start times and end times
-management was well organized
-coworkers very friendly and helpful, knowledgeable
Pros
free lunches
productive, supportive, inclusive
PT Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Siksika, ABMay 10, 2016
a typical day consists of dealing with the general public and their banking needs.

i have learned to be more attentive and concerned about the customers needs

the management team is very supportive in all areas of learning and moving forward in career

coworkers are friendly and helpful

hardest part of the job is not being able to completely help a customer with all his/her requests

the most enjoyable part is dealing with such a diverse group of customers and management/co workers
Great!
Sr Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 6, 2016
Great! Work and life balance is fantastic and overall it is a great financial institution to work for. Size, culture, prestige - all is good.
Best Team
Test Coordinator / Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
In BMO the CIPG team is very organized and highly professional. Team coordination and positive attitude is the best part of this team.
Terrible place to work
Financial Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 3, 2016
Truely a terrible culture that does not reward honest and hard work. Advancement is often pre-determined internally by personal connections that may or may not result in role suitability.
Some days are Great Some are not
Lending Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Hard job. With really enjoyable moments. Co-workers are great but management is cliquey. Education is valued more then experience. Find a place you love with the company and stay and excel there.
Time sensitive deliverables
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Multiple time zone business units sometimes makes it hard to juggle their issues and meeting daily time sensitivities
Manual duplication of entries in multiple systems
Good team dynamics
Numerous changes in banking systems
Co-workers were professional and helpful
Processing units should be more responsible to business units
Pros
Company directives on charitable giving
Cons
Enriched workplace with strong relationships, teamworks, contagious enthusiasm and a " can- do" attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ONApril 29, 2016
Work for Bank of Montreal was a great experience , BMO helps to build worldwide through ethical banking practices I learned a lot from everyone. Each new day is a big opportunity to learn from clients, from colleagues . Management there are so professional and always coaching wich is very important . there are many benefits of working for BMO, you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can- do " attitude .
Pros
many benefits
Cons
Work on Saturdays
Job experience
Senior Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with BMO for more than 12 years and gained experience in various departments with interesting and challenging job roles. Working with different set of colleagues also was enjoyable for understanding work culture and managing team work to meet deadlines etc.
Pros
Trainings, recognition of work, potluck etc.
Cons
outsourcing a lot of work
Good workplace/company
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 25, 2016
Can be a very difficult job sometimes when technology/support is lacking. The company was making big changes to processes though so it could have improved drastically.
Senior Manager, Model Validation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Started right after finishing Masters.
Moved up the ranks from Analyst to Senior Manager in 5 years.
Good bonuses and good management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2016
Since BMO don't have hours for casual employees any more so have to quit from this job but enjoyed working there. If get an opportunity then would love to work here again.
Dedicated to customer service
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Typical day at work:
Review and complete daily reports to be approved by supporting account managers, check emails and address any easy quick issues. Priorities my day based on what is pending and what I have planned for the day according to my work calendar.

Management:
Management is more focused on budget cutting and cost saving.

Poor work life balance

Poor allocation of work and making the job enjoyable. There is very minimal social gathering and events at work

The environment is highly stressful every single day. I have learned to manage that stress and harness it in such a way that allows me to work more efficiently daily.
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunches, no lunch breaks, no social gatherings, no work life balance, a lot of red tape, politically toxic work environment
Customer Contact Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2016
Its a great place to work for but targets can be impossible at times. Even though the original training is great but once you join the team its a hit or miss depending on how your manager is.