Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible place to work
Financial Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 3, 2016
Truely a terrible culture that does not reward honest and hard work. Advancement is often pre-determined internally by personal connections that may or may not result in role suitability.
Time sensitive deliverables
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Company directives on charitable giving
Cons: Long hours
Multiple time zone business units sometimes makes it hard to juggle their issues and meeting daily time sensitivities
Manual duplication of entries in multiple systems
Good team dynamics
Numerous changes in banking systems
Co-workers were professional and helpful
Processing units should be more responsible to business units
Enriched workplace with strong relationships, teamworks, contagious enthusiasm and a " can- do" attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga Valley, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: many benefits
Cons: Work on Saturdays
Work for Bank of Montreal was a great experience , BMO helps to build worldwide through ethical banking practices I learned a lot from everyone. Each new day is a big opportunity to learn from clients, from colleagues . Management there are so professional and always coaching wich is very important . there are many benefits of working for BMO, you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can- do " attitude .
Good workplace/company
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), VancouverApril 25, 2016
Can be a very difficult job sometimes when technology/support is lacking. The company was making big changes to processes though so it could have improved drastically.
Senior Manager, Model Validation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Started right after finishing Masters.
Moved up the ranks from Analyst to Senior Manager in 5 years.
Good bonuses and good management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2016
Since BMO don't have hours for casual employees any more so have to quit from this job but enjoyed working there. If get an opportunity then would love to work here again.
Dedicated to customer service
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: no free lunches, no lunch breaks, no social gatherings, no work life balance, a lot of red tape, politically toxic work environment
Typical day at work:
Review and complete daily reports to be approved by supporting account managers, check emails and address any easy quick issues. Priorities my day based on what is pending and what I have planned for the day according to my work calendar.

Management:
Management is more focused on budget cutting and cost saving.

Poor work life balance

Poor allocation of work and making the job enjoyable. There is very minimal social gathering and events at work

The environment is highly stressful every single day. I have learned to manage that stress and harness it in such a way that allows me to work more efficiently daily.
Customer Contact Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2016
Its a great place to work for but targets can be impossible at times. Even though the original training is great but once you join the team its a hit or miss depending on how your manager is.
Good work environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: Good management
Cons: Boring work
It is a great place to work for anyone who enjoys a good corporate environment. It is built to create success for employees who work hard. It is a great place to build a career.
Bank of Montreal - Customer Service Representative (Part time)
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 14, 2016
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Long hours
- productive workplace
- great entry level job, learned a lot about banking as a student
- very nice co-workers, strong teamwork
Sales based and up beat
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long and exhausting hours
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Management encouraged morning hustles. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and receiving positive feedback.
Great company to work for
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2016
Worked at BMO for 26 years. Held several positions, from Stenographer in 1974 to Teller supervisor, Customer Service representative, Assistant branch Manager, Branch Manager.
I also worked in several branches in the Mississauga, Rexdale area.
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 5, 2016
a good working place and job where I can gain a lot of experiences about customer services. A place where you will get helps from your superiors and your colleagues. Bmo has great culture, staff who work here always put customer as priority.
Some of the people were nice
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
A production job. An unforgiving environment. Manager called employees names and was condescending instead of being understanding. Another manager was clique and dishonest.
My co-workers and customers are like my family. Truely enjoy my days.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2016
Pros: Excellent Co-Workers
Cons: Hours of service are decreasing due to digital banking.
I just love to go into work everyday and see my co-workers and my customers. I love to bring a smile on everyone's face daily. I give 100% of myself to my job and my learning opportunities. Everyday I am the primary point of contact for my walk-in clients. I complete the transactions requested and proactively identify customer needs and refer to appropriate partners. I answer phones, do filing and contribute to daily branch meetings. In the banking industry change is a daily ritual. As the bank evolves into a digital world, the need for me to adapt to change is difficult, but demanding, therefore, I take change with the upmost positive attitude. The hardest part of my job at this time would be the uncertainty of my full time position within the bank. The Customer Service Representative role is becoming less and less required within the branch due to the digital banking opportunities we offer to our clients. The convenience offered to our clients through Online Banking, Telephone Banking, Mobile Banking and Automated Banking Machines has proven to be desired by our Customers. The need for a client to walk into a branch is far and few between, except for that handful of client's that refuse to go digital. Just recently it has been announced that our branch hours are being decreased effective April 11, 2016 which will have a huge impact on my role in the future. I require a full time job consisting of at least 37.5hrs / week. This is why you are reading my review. I feel it is in my best interest to keep my options open. Thank You.
Overall 4 Stars
Sr. PCO (Former Employee), 100 King Street WestMarch 31, 2016
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: sometimes had to work on the weekends
BMO was a great company to work for they had a great work life balance an open door policy with all contractors and employees. IT was a great project and team to work for and I would love to go back one day
PROFIT before staff interest
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: benifits
Cons: poor management of staff
Not a great company for 50- 60 year old with 30 plus years of service.

Profit is the all, staff is a second or third thought.
Nice work place with my colleagues
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 29, 2016
definitely, this is the most challenge position in the bank. I learn a lot not only the product knowledges, but also how to collaborate with my partners.
Great team and nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2016
Meeting all kinds of customer, offering different financial products and services. Guiding customer with their financial need and investment concern.
an environment where multi tasking is a major role
Customer Service Representative-Outbound (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
a very good company to work for.
Day to day work load given is a lot to customer service representatives yet it is very encouraging to work on weaknesses to become successful.