Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's a good place to work on.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
I am enjoying the work culture here. The reason why I want to move further as I am looking for senior position with good package as well.
Senior Business Analyst/Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Learned a lot about Capital Markets/Back office business. People really nice.
Good benefits, positive corporate culture overall, good support staff for CAMs generally.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, free banking, advancment
Cons: stress, angry customers, not able to work overtime when full time
BMO is a great place to work because there are always continuous learning opportunities.
Wether it be new laws, new procedures or training for a new position, BMO is always open to advancing employees knowledge and encouraging job advancement.
I've learned a variety of skills and knowledge that will help me in my professional and personal life including: money management, investment options, credit options available, teamwork, sales, customer service at its best and many more.
The hardest part of my job is hitting sale targets and marketing our products to achieve increased sales.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers by finding ways to save them the most money and being able to learn something new everyday.
Great place to work while learning the foundations of business.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2015
Bank of Montreal was great place to work, It was my first business related job and it showed me how a top tier business worked.
Interesting job but lack of good management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 8, 2015
Pro - I really like the aspect of meeting many people and able to help solve their everyday banking needs.

Con - I wish that the process of getting vacation is a more well-explained. Adding extra hours and taking off early can become confusing.
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
good place to gain experience.
management was somewhat OK.
good place to learn about banking industry.
hardest part is dealing with difficult customers.
great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Had the opportunity to learn great customer service skills and to be able to guide clients in the right direction with their banking needs. Also gained great leadership skills as a Senior Customer Service representative.
Challenging and enjoyable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJanuary 28, 2015
• Assist personal and commercial customers with day to day banking transactions.
• Refer and inform customers about various banking services that were essential to their needs.
• Worked in a team environment.
• Achieved yearly sales targets.
Red Tape, red tape and red tape
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: job culture, red tape, unwillingness to change
Most people just go there to drink coffee, go to meetings and collect the paychecks. Management don't listen to the technical recommendations. Everybody is afraid to change anything.
Positve and Professional Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: year end bonus incentive
Cons: lower paying bank in financial industry
At the Yonge and Queen location, you can expect a variety of clients from all walks of life. This keeps you on your toes and helps maintain a high level of professionalism. A positive atmosphere throughout keeps everyone motivated to do their job well. There is a sales component to the job that not everyone on the outside realizes and the ones that do can be difficult to garner attention from. However, BMO understands the expectations they hand out and recognizes hard work when they see it!
This is definitely a job that is all about experience
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 20, 2015
experience with the system, overcoming objectives, delegating the most appropriate client solutions, wtc...
Work Place Environment
Desktop Support Analyst –Senior (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Bank of Montreal great environment, Learning scope, friendly, management is very organised and helpful, have good experience. During this 8 month work at BMO I have received numerous appreciation letters for my technical support and customer service.
Productive and my co-workers were great
Senior Service Rep II (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work was fulfilling my job duties.
I worked in a very fast paced environment, meeting deadlines and
making sure we had the correct collateral and positions to meet our clients transaction. I worked for three bond traders. Whom required my full attention on a daily basis, my co-workers we easy going and could always depend on them or they on me for extra help if and when required.
Professional Financial atmosphere
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: salary & benefits;
Cons: long hours and shortage of staff
Working in the Life Insurance Resource Center was extremely busy. We provided assistance to Assistants, Insurance companies, clients and brokers . The hardest part of the job was the changing of management frequently & filling out several daily reports . I learned to go with the flow and keep co-workers on a professional level. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing tasks and getting positive feed back.
A Learning Experience
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good clients, good benefits, free banking, develop lasting customner relationships, networking, acquire a lot of knowledge, extensive training programs
Cons: increased workload with no change to salary, often take work home, little support from upper managment, little opportunity to advance
As a Financial Services Coordinator at the Bank of Montreal, I was always busy.

My days included my usual tasks: receiving/sending mail, assisting clients with their banking needs and inquiries, booking appointments, ordering supplies, preparing mortgage/loan discharges and payouts, financial transactions, investigations, answering the phone, filing, and greeting customers/guiding clients to their appointments.

I acted as a supportive role for my colleagues in the branch and often found myself completing additional tasks, such as cleaning, scheduling maintenance visits, cash management, assisting on the teller line, training new employees, resolving complex customer problems, creating and sending letters and various financial documents, organizing the filing room and stock supplies, making phone calls and sending e-mails on behalf of my colleagues to their clients, scheduling mail couriers, and providing assistance to employees at other branches.

While the job description of "Financial Services Coordinator" is very ambiguous and varies from branch to branch, I appreciate the skills and experience I took away from my time at the Bank of Montreal. For the most part, I worked independently with little to no supervision or direction. I developed strong relationships with many customers, developed my own client base, and acted as a personal banker to a few of our most high-profile clients. I developed strong dispute resolution skills, organization, and time management skills. I learned how to effectively cope with stress and became very fast and efficient and made no errors.
Fast paced, friendly environment
Business Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great colleagues and team environment.
Cons: high stress level, not enough employees to handle volume of work
A typical day consists of answering 11-14 phone calls per hour from clients who are seeking information on financial and non-financial transactions; or requesting counsel on new services/products, or seeking advice on polices and procedures and other inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the interaction with other colleagues; my co-workers are always very helpful. The most difficult part is being monitored all the time which leads to high stress levels. This position is a great learning experience in how to work under pressure, and how to work as a team. Sharing information and helping each other out strengthens everyone.
No comment
Financial Account Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
Good institute for new bankers, good training of 6 months provided with two flight to Toronto
Amazing Job and Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
My day would consist of the daily transactions that customers would make such as withdraws, and deposits. I would count ATM money and make sure it balanced with the ATM checks. I would sell Master Cards, as well as creating and closing referrals. Management with BMO was very strong. They were very organized and always knew how to work with customers. Co-workers were as well very strong. We had a great team and were always willing to help one another. Building strong rapports with our customers was one of the most enjoyable parts of this job.
Hierarchal Organisation
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management unorganized
I learned many financial key responsibilities, working with commercial accounts as well as personal day to day transactions.
Didn't find it very secure and advanced for employee's protection.
FUn
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
Lots of fun and everyday is a challenge because all of the scenarios that you deal with vary everyday

1 2 3 4 5