Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people to work with
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was a great place to meet new people and become friends, but the company itself I was not impressed with. Over the years they became very money hungry and not caring about their staff. They go on about it being a great place to work, and they were at the beginning. Caring about our families, saying family was #1, and then it became all about more money, trying to take money from people that didn't have any to give. Constantly increasing fees, asking for more business from people when there is none to give. If you want respect and loyalty from your staff, you have to give respect and loyalty in return.
The Bank
Lending and Investment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
Working with the bank has been an experience like none other. I never thought I would stick around for a decade, but the relationship I built with my clients and co-workers alike was worth it. Time flew by without me noticing. I never considered myself a banker, I was allowed to be creative enough when necessary and growth was always just around the corner.
Pros
A piece of mind, lots of room to grow
Cons
If you do not enjoy corporate culture it could be difficult at first
Challenging work environment with constant change
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2016
Typical work day included contacting clients, visiting clients and prospects in person at their place of business, managing and directing my deal team, planning sales activities.

I learned how to manage wide variety of tasks and how to engage the public into trusting my personal brand to manage their banking.

I was very proud of my co-workers and have nothing negative to say about them. The people are what makes that workplace.

Hardest part of the job was handling the regulatory changes and keeping up with an evolving environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was calling a customer to inform them that the deal is approved.
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Support Officer, Cash Management Team (Former Employee) –  BMO Bank of Montreal, Toronto, Ont.July 13, 2016
Good Bank to work for.
Good work balance,
Opportunites to excel, constantly,
Good Management who are very accommodating.
Gained several years of banking knowledge and experience.
Good team spirit and good working relationships with my Management and colleagues.
I looked forward to going to work every day and enjoyed my job thoroughly and excelled in customer service.
MVP and Bravo rewards received.
Great organization to work and grow if you can get past work politics
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
This was job, was my stepping stone to my other opportunities. I am very grateful for this opportunity as I started my BA career here. Very fast paced and dynamic environment with each day offering a new challenge and keeping one on their toes. Work culture can get political sometimes. However hard work is recognized and rewarded fairly.
Pros
Learning never stops, fun and dynamic work environment
Cons
Remuneration is not as great, and work culture can be political
Great organization to work for
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work, Engage customers in complete, needs based conversations to identify financial services needs and recommend solutions
Complete applications and close sales as part of customer interaction, whenever possible
Document identified opportunities, and changes to customer situations and potential needs.
BMO Bank of Montreal has great management and my co workers are amazing.
Excellent Team / Individual work balance
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
Great place to learn team building, scheduling, and management skills. Time management is a MUST in this position. Multi-tasking, sales / customer service balancing, outbound calling, scheduling, building your own network, and legal compliance are all required to be successful in the industry.
Pros
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
Cons
Lots of Education, Certifications and Licencing required to advance career (slow career advancement)
fun place to work
Data Reporting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
A typical day come in go to our desk performed alpha and numeric data entry. Called other Bank of Montreal branches and Armored Car Services to discuss resolution issues regarding ATMs. Laided back environment, easy to get along with your co-workers. Great lunch room
Pros
causal fridays, potluck
Cons
took me a while to understand the software they were using so i made some mistakes
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative / CSR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work at the bank is busy helping customers who are lined up to the door with every day banking needs. I have learned much throughout my time working at the Bank of Montreal. I have gained sales experience and improved on my customer service. My management and co-workers are very friendly and easy to approach. The hardest part about the job I would say is patiently deal all the different personalities you may find in your customers. The most enjoyable part is the learning experience and learning new skills such as sales.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities, respectable employer, great learning experience, good professionalism
Cons
Part time employees have very limited hours, many customers have many different personalities
Dynamic Environment
Customer Service Representative/Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 30, 2016
Amazing customers. Developed many personal and professional relationships. Co-workers were very receptive to new knowledge and were often proactive. At times (usually holidays, end of the month, or beginning of the month) the branch could not be more busy. Other days, I utilized my time by finding and completing new tasks and challenges.
Pros
Providing excellent service and having the customer leave with a smile.
Cons
Scheduling was very disorganized.
BMO has a great work ethic, carrier opportunities and job securrity.
Processing Officer (Current Employee) –  119 St-Jacques Ouest, Montreal, QC H2Y 1L6August 5, 2016
Being a new immigrant and working with BMO gives me the privilege to work in such a big company and also helps me to integrate in the Quebec Society. Colleagues were very helpful and they makes me feel at ease at work. The learning procedures when well and I was not afraid to say that I do not understand a particular thing because the colleagues were very helpful.

My day at work starts with opening my pc and answer my emails. followed by analyzing, keying and validating invoices throughout the day. Must make sure to meet the required number of invoices to be keyed per day.

What I like most working with BMO is the working culture and the act of Being BMO Beam that is :
-Speak up and be candid
-Listen without judging
-Make it your problem
-Unite to serve ...... the list is long
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed a long career with Bank of Montreal and worked with so many amazing people. I was able to move myself up within the Bank enabling me to learn new skills and meet new challenges. I learned to appreciate people for their differences and to understand that everyone is a contributor. I was fortunate to have exceptional co-workers which gave me an excellent team which I am so proud of. The hardest part of this job would have to be stressful timed closings of contracts of which we consistently successful. The easiest part would be the ability to work with so many amazing people around the world that I am blessed to still call friends.
Gershon Elizarov
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
like mentioned in my resume, I provide investment advice by identifying and promoting investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our clients’ needs. Also, I am a qualified lender therefore, i provide personal and commercial financing by analyzing client' s/ company's financial situation.
i have learned how to provide great customer service, enhance my selling skills, analytical skills and to work effectively under pressure.
i enjoy feedback from managers and provide training to co workers across branches in Montreal.
productive, supportive, inclusive
PT Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Siksika, ABMay 10, 2016
a typical day consists of dealing with the general public and their banking needs.

i have learned to be more attentive and concerned about the customers needs

the management team is very supportive in all areas of learning and moving forward in career

coworkers are friendly and helpful

hardest part of the job is not being able to completely help a customer with all his/her requests

the most enjoyable part is dealing with such a diverse group of customers and management/co workers
A fast paced work environment in a busy commercial branch
Teller / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
As it has been numerous years since I was employed by The Bank of Montreal, I am unable to provide a precise outlook on how the job would be today. I did enjoy my time spent with this employer and there were a lot of challenges that I took on with a vengeance. Today, banking is a different ball game.
One of Canada's top five banks/employers. Focused on life-long learning, teamwork and quality of service/products.
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  55 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON.July 28, 2016
Learned variety of skills, including customer service, project management, technical/process writing, collections, lending and fraud prevention services focused on credit card products.
Pros
Focused on teamwork and development.
Cons
Long hours.
If you are looking for somewhere good to work, don't work here.
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2016
I was at BMO for 7 years and thought I would retire from this company, but one day walk in to find out my job was eliminated.
benefits are pretty much the best part of this job
they expect you to work overtime and not get paid.
Some co-workers were good.
Management was awful.
Enriched workplace with strong relationships, teamworks, contagious enthusiasm and a " can- do" attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ONApril 29, 2016
Work for Bank of Montreal was a great experience , BMO helps to build worldwide through ethical banking practices I learned a lot from everyone. Each new day is a big opportunity to learn from clients, from colleagues . Management there are so professional and always coaching wich is very important . there are many benefits of working for BMO, you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can- do " attitude .
Pros
many benefits
Cons
Work on Saturdays
Nice Place
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
• Processing, data entry, reviewing new accounts related to TFSA, RRSP, RDSP, LIRA, RIF, RESP, Individual, Joint and Corporation. Making changes to existing accounts as required.
• Evaluating incoming requests to ensure that documentation received meets Compliance policies, AML and KYC requirements and self-regulatory organization standards in addition to those prescribed by the Federal and Provincial Government.
• Verifying/ Analyzing account information to provide accurate financial reporting within stipulated deadlines to internal clients.
• Calculating high volume financial transactions and General Ledger entry on ICI, IBUK and PLRS environment relating to Revenue Sharing, FBA Stamping, Brokerage fees, Swap Deposits, Precious Metals, Commission by wire and Cheques, Reallocation and other processes related to Fixed Income Operations.
Time sensitive deliverables
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Multiple time zone business units sometimes makes it hard to juggle their issues and meeting daily time sensitivities
Manual duplication of entries in multiple systems
Good team dynamics
Numerous changes in banking systems
Co-workers were professional and helpful
Processing units should be more responsible to business units
Pros
Company directives on charitable giving