Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work but they are cutting back on hours and employees.
Senior CSR (Current Employee), Penticton, BCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in.
Cons: Changing hours and having cutbacks.
The only reason I am looking for other employment as they are cutting hours and employees therefore I would like to work more hours (30 to 40 per week).
productivity
Senior Service Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: multitasking
Cons: short staff
-team work.
-environmental work plce
-multitaking
-willing to learn
-short staff
-good people
-knowlegeble co-worker.
-not enough staff to train others
N/A
Bilingual Loan Collector (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2015
It is a new position. I started last month. It is a part time job.
I like this job because it is an opportunity to learn new skills.
My co-workers are very kind, they are teaching me everyday how to successful in that position.
The hardest part is , working Saturdays and sundays.
Dynamic workplace with a multitude of new challenges.
Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee), New BrunswickJuly 9, 2015
Pros: visiting clients, a certain level of automony
Cons: Long hours
BMO was a great company to work for. I learned how to analyze the cash management needs of small business clients. I leaned how to work closely with a team of specialists to better serve the client.
BMO is a good company to work for which encourages employees to strive for excellence
DATA MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
It is a company of typical corporate culture, a day generally begins at 9 and ends at 5. Management is flexible but quality and efficiency is expected. There is also time to connect with others and team building is always encouraged. The company embraces change helps its employees to improve skills and achieve personal goals.
Quiet Professional
Senior Customer Services Rep (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Health Benefit, Flexible Hours
Cons: Sales related role
Excellent company ,Professional organization great career growth and secure working environment, Lot of training to enhance your skills.
Felt like one big family, loved my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Only weekends of
Working for the bank of Montreal was great, Management was excellent and you got the best training in all departments. I met and worked with some of the best people in the financial business and learned from each and everyone.
SIMPLY THE BEST
Team Leader (Halton/Hamilton/Niagara) (Former Employee), TORONTO/HALTON/SCARBOROUGH/HAMILTON/NIAGARAJune 24, 2015
BMO ALLOWED ME TO GROW. WORKED FULL TIME, PART TIME AND WEIRD HOURS TO ACCOMMODATE MY LIFE/ FAMILY. BMO ALWAYS TREATED ME FAIRLY. WHAT I LOVED ABOUT EVERY POSITION I HELD WAS THAT I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I WAS ALWAYS CHALLENGED AND APPRECIATED. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE WAS DOWNSIZING BUT BMO ALWAYS COMMUNICATED EFFECTIVELY AND TREATED EVERYONE FAIRLY. THEY SHOULD BE THE #1 BANK IN CANADA BECAUSE THEY VALUE THEIR EMPLOYEES!
Yes I love table tennis.
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking the dance floor and continuouly checking up on my team. Forwarding emails to different parterns at the bank for escalation purposes. Conducting side by sides and one & one coaching. Having team meetings & manager meetings. Reward and recognising associates throughout the day.

My experience in management has tough how to deal with individuals with different personalities, as well as leadership abilities through excellent problem solving and diplomacy skills. From a management perspective I was able to embraced all types of change. I was also able to enhanced my communication skills both verbal and written.

The hardest part of job is when I have worked hard to develope an employee and they are unable to successed and I have to move to termination.

I enjoy seeing my soborndinates succeed after coaching and performance managing and they improved.
easy and calm work environment
Intermediate Servicing Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 21, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch breaks when ever.
Cons: unable to attain fulltime job
work was extremely easy and non stressful. The environment was extremely calm. Co-workers were very helpful. However, the hardest part was to get full-time job. You won't get it unless you know someone.
Good Organization, Fun Loving Team, Good Working Hours
Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
Very good company to be part of, great training sessions, career advancement options, excellent team and managers to work with
Decent pay, good benefits, good management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver,BCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Steady job
Cons: Repetitive work, standing long hours
Lots of sales and sales. It can be stressful at times but management does make an effort to make life easier. Good teamwork although that really depends on who you work with.
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great team
Cons: Job stress
Working in a bank is an everyday challenge... Personally i'm responsible for the branch operations, like managing cash orders, ATM machines, treasury and other tasks. It's a job with a high responsibility and accountability level and i think i'm doing a great job at it. My team is like a family, we support each other at a professional and personal level. I also deal with the public, mostly portuguese, which i enjoy very much. The job stress is undeniable and sometimes it's hard, but i manage. In resume, it was a great run, a great experience, but I'm ready for a change!
My colleagues were amazing and I enjoyed the role
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 3, 2015
This was a great role for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and internal clients to determine where we could find efficiencies........................................................................
Great team environment
Department Coordinator, Technology Finance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
My personal experiece was very positive. The overall atmosphere was not a positive one but that was due to the direction the executives were taking the bank in.

Sadly,most of my amazing team have moved on either elsewhere in the bank or to other companies.
worst, maybe second worst, bank in canada
Business Consultant, RAW Project (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2015
the worst. company is burning cash on projects going nowhere and keeping those who only caters to management. nepotism is egregious. management put bank at huge risk.
Productive and fun workplace.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 27, 2015
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work,I have spent a big part of my day creating and reviewing Bug Reports to make sure it has enough details for developers to understand.I have attended daily stand ups.If I get some free time I read journals and look for upcoming technologies.It was very nice to work with mt co workers,they are really nice and friendly.I am passionate about testing,I enjoy a lot to test applications.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
end user and exec support i.e., break/fix tickets, escalations etc
leading win 7 migration project
management was excellent
very down to earth and helpful
challenges
more challenges
Good work life balance but processes need change
Lending Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays & Paid Vacation time
Cons: Training programs, management, Lack of growth in certain areas
Overall a good and secure place to work however would not recommend a role in customer service to family or friends.

Benefits are great and compensation is fair for the type of work being completed, HR and external resources provided for employees are fantastic. Recognition program is pretty good (air miles compensation).

As per the daily duties, the managers are overall not that experienced or motivating. Micromanaging is common in certain departments. Some processes are difficult to comprehend how it is making things easier for the customer, as it seems this company is mostly looking out for its own profits and of course regulatory compliance. Most enjoyable part of this role is the self satisfaction from achieving targets.
The hub is a great place to work
Everyday Banking Rep (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Working for a leading bank
Cons: They don't pay too well at my level
*Assist customers with day - to - day banking
* Assist customer with investments like RSPs, TFSA etc.
*handled irate customers.
* Upsell customers on internal products

The hardest part is the time allotted per call. You are constantly told to watch your calls per hour which is very unfair to the customers we serve as seemed very rushed.

Enjoyable part is that we get to help people with their finances.

1 2 3 4 5