Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
bmo airmiles mastercard
Product Manager (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: dead end job
The company was named Direct Sales Force based out of Toronto . but unfornatly there out of business. I represented bmo promotional work . overall I become 2 in the country pushing mastercard sales .
Highly skilled and professional environment that excelled with teamwork and the push for new opportunities.
Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
At BMO Financial Group I was heavily involved in producing results in the day-to-day administrative work that was received. I was able to easily adapt to a new environment and learn the systems used in the Collections department at BMO. Working in a highly credible banking institution I became extremely familiar with the mandatory company policy and procedures. Also, being a part of a group that believed in the success of teamwork, it not only made going to work on a daily basis enjoyable, it also made me feel comfortable enough to ask questions when in doubt and not be shy to raise new opportunities. I greatly appreciated every opportunity I was given to learn at BMO, as well as my previous employments and I know the skills I gained are transferable to any professional business environment.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meeting amazing people
Cons: not meeting sales targets
Working with customers were great! Co-workers were great but it was hard to work for bmo when they only cared about numbers and threaten with dismissal if numbers were not met. I loved what I did and thought I was good at my position! I would have loved if the manager didn't place threats and only focus on negative! That was the most difficult!! everything else was great! As a team I think we worked together perfectly!
Stimulating mix of work assignments
Team Lead AMS Windows Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
A typical work day included detailed work reviewing changes scheduled and to be done. Working and occasionally lunching with fellow team mates, discussing life at work and away from work.
I learned the value of collaborative team work, working with the strengths of fellow team members and shoring up their work weaknesses. We were all in it together.
Management was good, mostly people who had done our type of work previously and who appreciated the work and the difficulties of that the work entailed.
Co-workers. I helped in the hiring process of my co-workers. We chose people with good work skills, who knew how to work collaboratively, yet could also stand on their own. Team members were from various cultures and backgrounds, we made sure that all were treated fairly and that we made sure that their special needs were accommodated. In turn, they gave their best when others needed assistance.
The hardest part of the job was when others let us down.
The best part of the job was when we, as a team, could celebrate completion of goals.
multiculture
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill ONMarch 18, 2015
fun to work with multiculture co-workers, see different customers, and do campaign as well and cooperate with internal department
Good people and bad management
Security Analyst / Windows Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Good people and bad management. No advancement and very bad work/life balance. They cut people often so the best way to work there is the contract
Dedicated employees and senior management with focus
Director Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 16, 2015
Generally a good place to work. Employees do a masterful job with less than state of the art tools. Technology is sometimes a challenge but the attitude of the employee is to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Great place to work!
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free banking, great benefits, employee share ownership plans, discounts on loans, mortgages rates, ect.
BMO is a fantasic company to work for. They have been great to me over the years. They truly care about their employees and will help you advance and futher your career into other roles if it is something you want to do. They provide you with great training and support as well. I have worked at muliple branches and been treated with respect at all of them!
BMO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Great benefits and opportunities! The team is very friendly and helpful. Alot of fun throughout the day.A great place to work, highly recommended.
Fast Paced Sales
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMarch 11, 2015
I worked as a Financial Services manager meeting with clients and giving advise on investments and Savings for the future.
Friendly Management
Global Assets Administrator, Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Rare to find companies that appreciate their employees with friendly managers. This is it! Great staff, caring and understanding and will always make you see the positive even in the darkest light. This company made me WANT to stay and work until midnight if need be to get customers the rebates and discounts they deserve.
Okay for entry into job market.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and vacation time, great employee share/stock plans
Cons: too much sales pressure
Bank of Montreal is a fast growing financial institution with several thousand employees across Canada.

As a Customer Service Representative/Bank Teller, daily obligations include helping walk-ins, generating sales, and completing bank reports. Management at this organization are incredibly sales oriented and apply a lot of sales pressure to their staff. It is too much most times, causing employees to take drastic measures to increase sales of credit cards etc. This was the hardest part of the job as well.

The best parts of the job were the friendly clients and solving difficult problems successfully. My coworkers were always pretty awesome as well!
Potential internal job opportunities
Commercial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
You get to meet a variety of clients from different backgrounds which always makes for interesting conversations. You need to stay alert and watch out for fraudulent activity and report anything you may find suspicious.
Enjoyable place to work with friendly customers
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2015
The best part was getting to interact with so many different people on a daily basis.
The people there were so great to work with and it was an very upbeat environment making it a welcoming place to work
supportive work environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Peel-Halton regionMarch 5, 2015
22 years with a company that recognized and promoted talented individuals. I was able to grow with the company and enjoyed my time with them. Most enjoyable part of the job was coaching employees on how they could reach and surpass their goals and expectations and watching them succeed.
Exelent place to grow
Service Specialist I (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Working for the Bank of Montreal has given me a great experience in the Derivatives field. The offices in Downtown Toronto are easy accessible. In BMO are always opportunities to grow professionally
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Productive, fun, busy, educational, progressive.
Assigned to windows 7 migration project.
Daily 2nd level support tasks.
Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was when to stop and continue the next day.
It's a good place to work on.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
I am enjoying the work culture here. The reason why I want to move further as I am looking for senior position with good package as well.
Senior Business Analyst/Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Learned a lot about Capital Markets/Back office business. People really nice.
Good benefits, positive corporate culture overall, good support staff for CAMs generally.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, free banking, advancment
Cons: stress, angry customers, not able to work overtime when full time
BMO is a great place to work because there are always continuous learning opportunities.
Wether it be new laws, new procedures or training for a new position, BMO is always open to advancing employees knowledge and encouraging job advancement.
I've learned a variety of skills and knowledge that will help me in my professional and personal life including: money management, investment options, credit options available, teamwork, sales, customer service at its best and many more.
The hardest part of my job is hitting sale targets and marketing our products to achieve increased sales.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers by finding ways to save them the most money and being able to learn something new everyday.

1 2 3 4 5