Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work life balance but processes need change
Lending Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays & Paid Vacation time
Cons: Training programs, management, Lack of growth in certain areas
Overall a good and secure place to work however would not recommend a role in customer service to family or friends.

Benefits are great and compensation is fair for the type of work being completed, HR and external resources provided for employees are fantastic. Recognition program is pretty good (air miles compensation).

As per the daily duties, the managers are overall not that experienced or motivating. Micromanaging is common in certain departments. Some processes are difficult to comprehend how it is making things easier for the customer, as it seems this company is mostly looking out for its own profits and of course regulatory compliance. Most enjoyable part of this role is the self satisfaction from achieving targets.
The hub is a great place to work
Everyday Banking Rep (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Working for a leading bank
Cons: They don't pay too well at my level
*Assist customers with day - to - day banking
* Assist customer with investments like RSPs, TFSA etc.
*handled irate customers.
* Upsell customers on internal products

The hardest part is the time allotted per call. You are constantly told to watch your calls per hour which is very unfair to the customers we serve as seemed very rushed.

Enjoyable part is that we get to help people with their finances.
Not Good
MasterCard Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2015
They say something else and practice something else. They train you but are not patient enough to let that training work
Productive and fun workplace. Great group of people!
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Staff appreciation
BMO has been a great company to work for and be part of.

My co-workers were amazing and fun and always helpful.

I have learned much throughout my 30 years at the bank and it is an ever growing and changing environment with many opportunities.

The hardest part of my job was having to let go after 30 years!

I enjoyed every aspect of my career with BMO.
nice working environment
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Peers are nice & cooperative. working environment also good. if the job was permanent then i would continue. The project was interesting but repetitive work bor.ng
great place too work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2015
My work day entails helping clients with all of their financial needs, setting up appointments and calling clients to notify them of our current promotions. The job is very sales oriented with a customer service backdrop, and sometimes the sales overpowers.
Fun workplace
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Laval, QCMay 11, 2015
My high-energy approach to customer service and organization skills allow me to deliver a consistent customer service experience to each client. My ability to multi-task within a fast-paced working environment allows me to quickly and efficiently adapt to change. My employment as a Customer Service Representative with BMO, Parfumerie Eternelle, OSC retail store, and Product De Beaute Narquise has allowed me to excel in areas including customer
not for people who want to advance
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 29, 2015
retail banking is not a short cut to CM or any other department in a bank. You have to love daily interaction with people and you must know how to sell in order to be successful.
Not a carreer job
Assistant Branch Manager Creekside (Former Employee), Calgary, albertaApril 28, 2015
This is just a stepping stone position to making more money. If tyou want to progress you will require additional training as 25+ years of employment will not get you to the top.
fun
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
it is fun, the people are extraordinarily great, if i ever had a chance to go back and work in the department i was in i would not think twice about it.
Large company that is focused on helping customers
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great work atmosphere
Cons: Difficult to move into other roles
Brand strategy is big on focusing on the customer - understanding their changing needs.

The pay is not great - pay increases are minimal

Job advancement is very difficult - even when networking within the organization it is very difficult to move to other areas of the bank.
Great place to work but no support for career development
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Challenging environment
Cons: Difficult to move up
The environment is great but there is no support for career development. In order to move up you need strong connections in higher departments which are difficult to have. As a student, I went to recruiting events in order to network and gain these connections.
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
BMO is good place to work. Have good team and decent work culture. It is good to be part of the team at BMO.
Would love to work here.
Nice place to work
Senior Audit Manager (Former Employee), TorontoApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good work culture
Cons: work life balance
Nice place to work, good collaborative atmosphere, some great people. Work life balance out the door in many departments.
Great experience
Technical support analyst Tier 2 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2015
I have learned a lot by working with my co-workers.
The management there was helpful.
I wouldn't say there was a really hard part for me at anytime anything that came my way that I was not too sure of I got it while troubleshooting the problem.
Innovative place of work. It was ahead of its time.
Mortgage Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Acknowledgement of your excellent work with rewards.
Cons: Stress during very busy seasons.
The day was very hectic with mortgages closing. I learned self discipline and time management. My co workers were always fun and supportive. Sometimes the stress of the job would be difficult, however when we did have calm periods that was a time to relax and the environment in the office was also relaxed. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my co workers, our clients, and the lawyers.
bmo airmiles mastercard
Product Manager (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: dead end job
The company was named Direct Sales Force based out of Toronto . but unfornatly there out of business. I represented bmo promotional work . overall I become 2 in the country pushing mastercard sales .
Highly skilled and professional environment that excelled with teamwork and the push for new opportunities.
Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
At BMO Financial Group I was heavily involved in producing results in the day-to-day administrative work that was received. I was able to easily adapt to a new environment and learn the systems used in the Collections department at BMO. Working in a highly credible banking institution I became extremely familiar with the mandatory company policy and procedures. Also, being a part of a group that believed in the success of teamwork, it not only made going to work on a daily basis enjoyable, it also made me feel comfortable enough to ask questions when in doubt and not be shy to raise new opportunities. I greatly appreciated every opportunity I was given to learn at BMO, as well as my previous employments and I know the skills I gained are transferable to any professional business environment.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meeting amazing people
Cons: not meeting sales targets
Working with customers were great! Co-workers were great but it was hard to work for bmo when they only cared about numbers and threaten with dismissal if numbers were not met. I loved what I did and thought I was good at my position! I would have loved if the manager didn't place threats and only focus on negative! That was the most difficult!! everything else was great! As a team I think we worked together perfectly!
Stimulating mix of work assignments
Team Lead AMS Windows Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
A typical work day included detailed work reviewing changes scheduled and to be done. Working and occasionally lunching with fellow team mates, discussing life at work and away from work.
I learned the value of collaborative team work, working with the strengths of fellow team members and shoring up their work weaknesses. We were all in it together.
Management was good, mostly people who had done our type of work previously and who appreciated the work and the difficulties of that the work entailed.
Co-workers. I helped in the hiring process of my co-workers. We chose people with good work skills, who knew how to work collaboratively, yet could also stand on their own. Team members were from various cultures and backgrounds, we made sure that all were treated fairly and that we made sure that their special needs were accommodated. In turn, they gave their best when others needed assistance.
The hardest part of the job was when others let us down.
The best part of the job was when we, as a team, could celebrate completion of goals.

1 2 3 4 5