Bank of Montreal

Bank of Montreal Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large company that is focused on helping customers
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great work atmosphere
Cons: Difficult to move into other roles
Brand strategy is big on focusing on the customer - understanding their changing needs.

The pay is not great - pay increases are minimal

Job advancement is very difficult - even when networking within the organization it is very difficult to move to other areas of the bank.
Great place to work but no support for career development
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Challenging environment
Cons: Difficult to move up
The environment is great but there is no support for career development. In order to move up you need strong connections in higher departments which are difficult to have. As a student, I went to recruiting events in order to network and gain these connections.
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
BMO is good place to work. Have good team and decent work culture. It is good to be part of the team at BMO.
Would love to work here.
Nice place to work
Senior Audit Manager (Former Employee), TorontoApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good work culture
Cons: work life balance
Nice place to work, good collaborative atmosphere, some great people. Work life balance out the door in many departments.
Great experience
Technical support analyst Tier 2 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2015
I have learned a lot by working with my co-workers.
The management there was helpful.
I wouldn't say there was a really hard part for me at anytime anything that came my way that I was not too sure of I got it while troubleshooting the problem.
Innovative place of work. It was ahead of its time.
Mortgage Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Acknowledgement of your excellent work with rewards.
Cons: Stress during very busy seasons.
The day was very hectic with mortgages closing. I learned self discipline and time management. My co workers were always fun and supportive. Sometimes the stress of the job would be difficult, however when we did have calm periods that was a time to relax and the environment in the office was also relaxed. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my co workers, our clients, and the lawyers.
bmo airmiles mastercard
Product Manager (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: dead end job
The company was named Direct Sales Force based out of Toronto . but unfornatly there out of business. I represented bmo promotional work . overall I become 2 in the country pushing mastercard sales .
Highly skilled and professional environment that excelled with teamwork and the push for new opportunities.
Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
At BMO Financial Group I was heavily involved in producing results in the day-to-day administrative work that was received. I was able to easily adapt to a new environment and learn the systems used in the Collections department at BMO. Working in a highly credible banking institution I became extremely familiar with the mandatory company policy and procedures. Also, being a part of a group that believed in the success of teamwork, it not only made going to work on a daily basis enjoyable, it also made me feel comfortable enough to ask questions when in doubt and not be shy to raise new opportunities. I greatly appreciated every opportunity I was given to learn at BMO, as well as my previous employments and I know the skills I gained are transferable to any professional business environment.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meeting amazing people
Cons: not meeting sales targets
Working with customers were great! Co-workers were great but it was hard to work for bmo when they only cared about numbers and threaten with dismissal if numbers were not met. I loved what I did and thought I was good at my position! I would have loved if the manager didn't place threats and only focus on negative! That was the most difficult!! everything else was great! As a team I think we worked together perfectly!
Stimulating mix of work assignments
Team Lead AMS Windows Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
A typical work day included detailed work reviewing changes scheduled and to be done. Working and occasionally lunching with fellow team mates, discussing life at work and away from work.
I learned the value of collaborative team work, working with the strengths of fellow team members and shoring up their work weaknesses. We were all in it together.
Management was good, mostly people who had done our type of work previously and who appreciated the work and the difficulties of that the work entailed.
Co-workers. I helped in the hiring process of my co-workers. We chose people with good work skills, who knew how to work collaboratively, yet could also stand on their own. Team members were from various cultures and backgrounds, we made sure that all were treated fairly and that we made sure that their special needs were accommodated. In turn, they gave their best when others needed assistance.
The hardest part of the job was when others let us down.
The best part of the job was when we, as a team, could celebrate completion of goals.
multiculture
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill ONMarch 18, 2015
fun to work with multiculture co-workers, see different customers, and do campaign as well and cooperate with internal department
Good people and bad management
Security Analyst / Windows Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Good people and bad management. No advancement and very bad work/life balance. They cut people often so the best way to work there is the contract
Dedicated employees and senior management with focus
Director Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 16, 2015
Generally a good place to work. Employees do a masterful job with less than state of the art tools. Technology is sometimes a challenge but the attitude of the employee is to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Great place to work!
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free banking, great benefits, employee share ownership plans, discounts on loans, mortgages rates, ect.
BMO is a fantasic company to work for. They have been great to me over the years. They truly care about their employees and will help you advance and futher your career into other roles if it is something you want to do. They provide you with great training and support as well. I have worked at muliple branches and been treated with respect at all of them!
BMO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Great benefits and opportunities! The team is very friendly and helpful. Alot of fun throughout the day.A great place to work, highly recommended.
Fast Paced Sales
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMarch 11, 2015
I worked as a Financial Services manager meeting with clients and giving advise on investments and Savings for the future.
Friendly Management
Global Assets Administrator, Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Rare to find companies that appreciate their employees with friendly managers. This is it! Great staff, caring and understanding and will always make you see the positive even in the darkest light. This company made me WANT to stay and work until midnight if need be to get customers the rebates and discounts they deserve.
Okay for entry into job market.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and vacation time, great employee share/stock plans
Cons: too much sales pressure
Bank of Montreal is a fast growing financial institution with several thousand employees across Canada.

As a Customer Service Representative/Bank Teller, daily obligations include helping walk-ins, generating sales, and completing bank reports. Management at this organization are incredibly sales oriented and apply a lot of sales pressure to their staff. It is too much most times, causing employees to take drastic measures to increase sales of credit cards etc. This was the hardest part of the job as well.

The best parts of the job were the friendly clients and solving difficult problems successfully. My coworkers were always pretty awesome as well!
Potential internal job opportunities
Commercial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
You get to meet a variety of clients from different backgrounds which always makes for interesting conversations. You need to stay alert and watch out for fraudulent activity and report anything you may find suspicious.
Enjoyable place to work with friendly customers
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2015
The best part was getting to interact with so many different people on a daily basis.
The people there were so great to work with and it was an very upbeat environment making it a welcoming place to work

1 2 3 4 5