Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and you have a lot of control personally as to where you want to go within the company
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great coworkers. A place that loves to be in the community with volunteer work and sponsorships.
Challenging environment
Technology specialist BMO Private banking (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2016
The staff is courteous and hard workers,
The main goal obviously is on production and growth.
I have learn something every day working there
In need of management
VISUAL PRESENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2016
The department was run by a manager located in Chicago. The fast paced environment was not suited to the quality management required for each project.
Pros
Good practice on Excel and Word
Cons
No management
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 7, 2016
its a good place to work. its a good stepping stone. they are getting rid of people though. IFIC is important if you want to be in this company
Nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Nice place to work. Have a lot of technology and business diversity. There are really good and dedicated teams. The team members work hard and deliver quality outputs.
great place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2016
a great financial institute to work for. Great coworkers and great energy there. work ethics and foundation of this institution is great and they really invest in their employees.
Excellent professional growth
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ONSeptember 1, 2016
Excellent growth for performers, plenty of training and skill development available, pay in retail banking is lower as expected. issues with IT rollouts and new product launches, poor company communications with issues.
Pros
Career Growth
Cons
Pay
fun place to work
Data Reporting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
A typical day come in go to our desk performed alpha and numeric data entry. Called other Bank of Montreal branches and Armored Car Services to discuss resolution issues regarding ATMs. Laided back environment, easy to get along with your co-workers. Great lunch room
Pros
causal fridays, potluck
Cons
took me a while to understand the software they were using so i made some mistakes
Secure employment while studying
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2016
A day at work as a teller included managing the line up with typical banking transactions, educating clients about alternative and electronic methods of banking, sharing product knowledge to suit client needs, and booking appointments for the financial service managers.

I learned the responsibility of representing a company's brand, patience, and a lot about finances and credit.

Management differs from branch to branch. They can be involved and empathetic or aloof and demanding. Their performance review structure gives you an opportunity to argue your score and they take your opinion into consideration.

Co workers vary - some people have been with the bank for 30+ years and are settled in their roles, some are keen to grow, and others are disinterested in their job.

Being limited in your role is a hard part of this job.

An enjoyable part of this job is witnessing the improvement you can make to a client by helping them settle their finances and demonstrating patience in a frustrating situation.
Pros
Can pick up hours at other branches
Cons
No new full time positions for CSR
Stressful and low wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 14, 2016
The company constantly puts pressure on you to perform many duties with minimal training. There is constant stress to meet your sales revenue, while still performing your daily duties, as well as any "sundry duties" that are required.

The amount of work expected of you is overwhelming and almost impossible to complete. Sales, customer service, branch upkeep, organization, filing, voicemail, cold calling, customer service requests, fraud detection, risk management, lobby management, ATM balancing, cash ordering, etc, etc....the list could go on and on. I consider myself to be a competent worker, and I tend to go above and beyond what is expected of me, but I am constantly overwhelmed with what is asked of me. If I were getting paid more I would mind a lot less, but CSRs are not paid enough for the amount of responsibility they hold and the work that they do.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Very nice place to work and grow
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III FOR INVESTMENT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 13, 2016
The opportunities to grow within BMO are quite large and many but there's little work to pass around which in turn makes landing a job and keeping it difficult.
Life at BMO
Team Lead - Quality Control, AML FIU (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
Work life is fun at BMO. Working environment is exciting, challenging and never static. While work is of prime importance, focus is also given to team bonding, extra fun activities and group engagements. taking initiative is something i have learnt here. Being shy and quiet never get you anywhere.
BMO has a great work ethic, carrier opportunities and job securrity.
Processing Officer (Current Employee) –  119 St-Jacques Ouest, Montreal, QC H2Y 1L6August 5, 2016
Being a new immigrant and working with BMO gives me the privilege to work in such a big company and also helps me to integrate in the Quebec Society. Colleagues were very helpful and they makes me feel at ease at work. The learning procedures when well and I was not afraid to say that I do not understand a particular thing because the colleagues were very helpful.

My day at work starts with opening my pc and answer my emails. followed by analyzing, keying and validating invoices throughout the day. Must make sure to meet the required number of invoices to be keyed per day.

What I like most working with BMO is the working culture and the act of Being BMO Beam that is :
-Speak up and be candid
-Listen without judging
-Make it your problem
-Unite to serve ...... the list is long
Tremendous Growth
Project Coordinator, eBusiness Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
I had a wonderful experience working for Bank of Montreal. I learned a lot and was given several opportunities to advance within the organization.
One of Canada's top five banks/employers. Focused on life-long learning, teamwork and quality of service/products.
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  55 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON.July 28, 2016
Learned variety of skills, including customer service, project management, technical/process writing, collections, lending and fraud prevention services focused on credit card products.
Pros
Focused on teamwork and development.
Cons
Long hours.
If you are looking for somewhere good to work, don't work here.
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2016
I was at BMO for 7 years and thought I would retire from this company, but one day walk in to find out my job was eliminated.
benefits are pretty much the best part of this job
they expect you to work overtime and not get paid.
Some co-workers were good.
Management was awful.
Great people to work with
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was a great place to meet new people and become friends, but the company itself I was not impressed with. Over the years they became very money hungry and not caring about their staff. They go on about it being a great place to work, and they were at the beginning. Caring about our families, saying family was #1, and then it became all about more money, trying to take money from people that didn't have any to give. Constantly increasing fees, asking for more business from people when there is none to give. If you want respect and loyalty from your staff, you have to give respect and loyalty in return.
Not a bad place to begin your career.
Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2016
Decent entry level position. Keep working hard and you will be recognized. Have a clear idea of where you want to go and do not follow leaders advice blindly - job shadow as much as possible. Keep customers happy and managers will not ride you for sales.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great team
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 21, 2016
Team work is an established culture of the bank which makes the working environment so conducive for every employee of the bank
Great opportunity
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJuly 19, 2016
Great organization with a mature Project Mgt Office for each line of business. Coworkers are always helpful and the PMO offers great project methodology training when you're hired to get you a great chance at a running start with your projects.