Bank of Montreal Employee Reviews

Best of times
Direct Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
I LOVED working at the Calgary BMO. We had great team leads and fantastic corporate folks. I was very sad that they shut down the Calgary location but I still keep in contact with many of the folks that worked there.
Productive steady workplace
Teller/Head Teller on weekends (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 April 2017
I enjoyed working their. I got along with all my co-workers. Most of all about the job I enjoyed the customers and looking after their needs the best I could. I miss that the most.
Poor culture that does not reward innovative thinking
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
Great people but sub par management. The job security that once existed is no longer likely as cost cutting is the primary focus . Employees would be more invested in the success of the bank if they felt their efforts were noticed and appreciated.
good place to work for
Direct Banking Manager Lending &Investments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Bmo provides you with great training to be successful and excel in your role , job security and advancement and lots of opportunities to grow within the company.
A workplace with coaching to help improve
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
I was able to learn about effective listening and positioning of bank products and services. Courses and coaching helps with asking open-ended questions.
This is a good place to work
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
This is a good place to work but not so good salary structure . Also it is not very easy to get career advancement within the organization.
That's why a lot of people start looking elsewhere after few years.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not so good salary structure
Professional atmosphere
Division Manager Credit (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2017
BMO obviously cares about its employees & offers many challenging career possibilities. BMO wants employees to feel valued and productive to the organization
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management practices
Stable job with high sales targets
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2017
It was a stable job with high sales targets. As an FSM, you are extremely busy with tasks not related to your position. Calls must be made weekly in order to book more appointments to reach targets.
Productive people with as much training as you need to advance your career
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 March 2017
Bank of Montreal is a great institution to work for. The people are efficient and well trained in their roles as well as behaviours. If you want to advance and you are doing a good job, there is always opportunity with all the training that you can acquire through their channels. I recommend Bank of Montreal.
Pros
chance for advancement
Fun work enviroment
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON30 March 2017
Very fun work environment very like minded people that will help with all your goals. Works as a team to achieve branch goals and helping clients with their needs
Manager, Corporate Areas Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
I had a great experience working at the Bank of Montreal. It is a great place to learn a lot and where your ideas to make things better will always be taken into consideration
Big company and a professional environment
IT Project Manager / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
BMO Mastercard was my first bank to work for. The info and data security structure is pretty strong and is taken seriously. The management and work environment was excellent to work in. Most of the time the work life balance was enforced by all levels of management. HR was very involved with employee well being. Again very driven set of people to work with. The CIO to sr managers all got involved with discussions. once a month we had casual fridays and the CIO and IT department went to the local restaurant to have informal discussions. Loved to work at BMO MasterCard. Unfortunately all good things come to an end. The department was merged into enterprise IT.
Pros
Perfect place to grow
Cons
department is re-orged.
Excellent workplace to develop an array of skillsets
Customer Service Agent; New Employee Trainer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 March 2017
Working with The Bank of Montreal has been a remarkable journey. I communicate with a variety of customers on a daily basis have learned to adapt and position the conversations for the best interests of the Bank as well as the customers. Workplace culture is phenomenal and have an opportunity to work with coworkers from an array of backgrounds. The working milieu of the workplace is a wonderful place to join.
Pros
Great opportunity to meet new people from around the country
Cons
Not an official teaching position
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
Unhappy that they no longer hire or offer full time positions to CSR'S, but the salary is decent, very supportive management, great hours, good benefits.
Pros
Friendly, Salary is decent
Cons
No Full Time
Excellent Work environment
Sr. IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2017
Great working environment, very professional and talented coworkers, excellent career advancement opportunities along with working on bleeding edge technologies.
Productive workplace where we work as one bank with great teamwork.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Meadowvale West, ON23 March 2017
A typical day at work in coming into a great environment where help is always there whenever you have questions or you are having difficulty facing a issue. Management does their best to provide you with their undivided attention and help whenever associates need it. The workplace culture is great. Whenever my team has time we always have team outings and pot lucks to remind us that with work, there is also a some fun that is needed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset customers with issues relating to their banking needs. However, the most enjoyable part is always finding a solution for them which results to them being happy. With my job I learned how to speak to people, how to handle irate customers, and how to give customers the best solution that fits their own needs. I have obtained confidence in my role by being in these difficult situations by dealing with them and learning through them.
Pros
benefits, vacation
Cons
always targeting an average of two minutes spent on each call
very sales oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 March 2017
- sales driven
- the sales push takes away from the customer service aspect
- no set schedule, as branches do have their own employees rather they float from branch to branch
Great Place to work
Documentary Collections (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 March 2017
Very fast-paced environment and productive place to work.
Very motivating and interesting, where you can grow and thrive and achieve career goals.
Great place to work.
Nice working environment, good management
Data Warehouse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
We had quite rigid reviewing process with production support. They go through all aspect of the work. I did convert some ancient technology/programs to Ab Initio among the rest. It was fun.
Bmo
Specialist, Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
Work life balance didn't exists at BMO. Lots of pressure to sell products like credit card insurance and travel insurance. Health benefits were great!
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sales pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Montreal. Our community is ready to answer.