At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 190 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
Our Personal and Commercial line of business is the retail and commercial banking arm of BMO Financial Group in Canada, serving individuals, small to medium-sized and mid-market businesses. We offer a wide variety of personal and commercial banking products and services and we serve our customers in person at our branches, through our ABM network, over the Internet and by phone.
As a Financial Planner you will increase customer loyalty and market share by meeting the investment needs of customers and by providing excellent financial planning and advice. This opportunity allows you to apply your sales skills and help customers achieve their investment and retirement goals.
You will also:
- Proactively contact BMO customers in a dedicated portfolio list to do detailed profiling of their investment needs, review of investment holdings and goals and provide investment and retirement planning.
- Expand existing BMO relationships by consolidating the investable assets of mass affluent customers to increase BMO’s share of wallet
- Work collaboratively with other branch colleagues to ensure wealth management customers experience exceptional service and have their financial needs met, including referring to brokerage, online and private bank partners.
The role is supported by a full time sales coach and reports up into a managerial spine that is dedicated to investments.
Passion for financial planning and helping customers.
Proven sales success in the financial services industry.
Experience with investment and retirement planning.
Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and refer internal and external relationships.
Education and Accreditation
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
- Must be registered to sell Mutual Funds (MFDA/AMF).
- Financial Planning Accreditations/Designations are preferred, however, we may be willing to train high potential candidates with a demonstrated track record of sales and customer service excellence
- IQPF – required in Quebec
Working Conditions: Varied hours to accommodate customer schedules and seasonal demand, occasional travel to locations that are convenient for the customer.
- Competitive base salary
- personal production commission (paid monthly) that is typically over 50% of total compensation
- annual team bonus.
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.