Bank of Canada Employee Review

View all Bank of Canada reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Specialized Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario16 August 2012
I would get there in the morning and plan out the work I had to do as I knew all the steps to take. Sign in the system, order the reports, open the mail, sort out the work, prep the work, scan the work on the Optical Reader Machine, then do the data entry, balance, create cases for caseworkers, scan, index, photocopy legals, do change of addresses, do redemptions for clients who had payroll bonds, I called clients if they were missing certain information on their faxes like signatures, plan numbers etc.
Very friendly place to work. When the work in our area was slow, we had the opportunity to work in other departments which gave us more experience to learn other things. We had our own cubicle along with our own computer and phone. Our team leads were very nice. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to go to the gym in the same building and not worry how long my class was as if I took extra time for lunch, I would just make it up in the end.
Pros
free lunches, gym in the building, activities, permanent job, worked overtime for time off, flex hours
Cons
we got outsourced in 2001 to another company, then i got my package in july 2008

Other Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Terrible Management cant suggest any ideas they get shot down in a heartbeat. It would seem like these people managing the bank aren't even qualified to be in these positions.
Pros
table tennis
Cons
poor management
Data entry
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 April 2017
I'm working international company TIENS and we take 200$ every month i have 3 year experience in Data entry operator and I'm 12 hours work daily and this job is very easy and interesting this company is situated in our city