Bank Of America

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful management.
Lock Box Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working at bank of america.
Cons: n/a
I learned a lot as a lock box processor. Management was involved in your learning and skills to ensure the their applicable polices and regulations were achieved.
Great Place to Work
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: salary, management, and environment
Cons: branch closing
I managed a successful team of tellers and financial service representatives who strived to provide accurate and excellent customer service for our banking customers. We worked hard to gain the confidence of our customers and to build long term relationships to meet all their financial needs. I performed quarterly, and annual reviews of my employees – more... and provided structured criticism and mentored them to increase their overall success. I enjoyed working closely with my employees to develop their skills and to guide them in the right direction to meet their professional goals. I met quarterly and annual sales goals and managed the FTE hours so that I would not exceed our allotted budget. – less
good
Document senior Scanner /Mailroom (Former Employee), forth worthOctober 15, 2014
Pros: food was free
Cons: better
it was a good company they had many different thing to other people
great customer service skills and experiance overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), californiaOctober 15, 2014
Provide accurate, delightful, and efficient customer service to our valued customers and assisted with routine account related transactions such as opening new accounts, review balances, deposits and withdrawals. As well as transferring funds, completing account maintenance and adhering to established service level agreements.
good place to work
Senior Specialist Domestic Physical Settlements (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2014
Cons: no job security, frequently lays off the skilled employees in favor of lower salaried unskilled workers
good work life balance, ability to work from home.
good health and vacation benefits
coworkers are like family
Banking hours...only positive about it
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Niceville, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
personal banker - they pay too little for the sales goals and behavrios you are expected to demonstrate. Pay more and maybe you will get more sales...simple
Public Relation
Process Support II, Officer (Current Employee), Addison, TXOctober 15, 2014
I worked for IRS for 17 years and held several positions such as Space and Property Analyst, District Director/Branch/Secretary, Tax Auditor, Lien & Levy Specialist, Bankruptcy Clerk, Taxpayer Call Rep and Support Services Specialist Project Manager. Dealing with public can be very hard especially when it comes to owing taxes and collection taxes.
review
Officer, Banking Center Manager II (Current Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 15, 2014
PROS
Good benefits and competitive salary
Ability to relocate and transfer

CONS
Poor work/life balance
Unnecessary tracking, the same thing will be tracked multiple ways, multiple times on multiple systems, it becomes excessive and overwhelming
Good benefits and growing company
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Glen Burnie MdOctober 15, 2014
Worked part time 20 hrs as a retired employee. Best part of the job was the people both co workers and customers. Hardest part of the job was the turnover of employees.
Busy financial institution with ever changing regulations and job titles.
Home Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: this was a very stressful position.
I initially handled processing second mortgages, from application to closing by gathering all needed information from customers and vendors, and loan officers. Once that department closed I was moved to first mortgage. Answering telephones, sending faxes, team meetings, managing customer files, and working closely with the closing, and underwriting – more... department were just a few of the things I completed on a daily basis to ensure I turned out the best work. I had many customers call me to thank me for all my hard work to get them into their homes.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the overload of files to manage, the most enjoyable part was when the company would give you bonuses for good work, however that incentive program was cancelled. – less
Sell Service Specialist (Current Employee), South Orange, NJ Dover, NJOctober 14, 2014
Bank of America gave me the skill of customer service and provide the skill that I need to better served our clients
Enjoy working for BOFA and it was hard depart after several years
private mortgage insurance specialty gate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: lack of guidance
Fast pace job.
Learned a lot of information and databases
Treat others as you want to be treated
not been able to help clients due to lack of documentation that is required for refinances or loan modification
be able to help people
Good Management and respectful environment
Contractor for DISYS (Former Employee), Agoura Hills, CAOctober 14, 2014
Most of the work was done on computers reviewing files from 2009 and 2010. There were no incoming calls and the job was not customer facing. There was plenty of input from supervisors and on the job training when necessary.
Nice place to work
Mortgage Servicing Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 14, 2014
Team Manager of 12 associates
Enhanced my talent management and ability to coach
Learned that being a manager also promotes delegation for associate growth
Great environment, very easy to learn, machines do most of the work.
PT TELLER (Former Employee), fredericksburg, VAOctober 14, 2014
Everything was easy at BOA. I learned how to cash and deposit checks, withdraw money from different accounts. To me the hardest part would be getting 2 people each day to try out new products since I only worked in the drive-thru. I enjoyed everything about my job. I learned very fast and I like everything about it.
Business Teller (Former Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day would be me opening the branch signing onto the system getting my cash drawer set up Then taking multiple business customers throughout the day. I learned how to multitask being a business teller you have to do multiple jobs at once. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to do transactions and sell to regular – more... customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with people. – less
A typical day
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: having an hour lunch verses 30 mintues and a really nice supervisor
Cons: not being able to tell the customer everything they need to know about there homes
A typical day at Bank Of America was enjoyable due to the co-workers that surrounded me. I learned the front end and back end of real estate world. We had the best manager, very understandable and always acknowledged the team. I loved my co-workers, they made the day really enjoyable due to the fact that we worked evenings which was 2-11PM. The hardest – more... part of my job was not being able to accept a payment from a customer when they were about to lose there home. – less
excellent co-workers & understanding supervisors
Part time Senior Teller (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: employee stock options & healthcare
Cons: restricted short breaks
Busy branch on Fridays, long weekends, and month-ends. I learnt a lot to help my supervisors and mentor my co-workers. More push for cross-selling products & customer service.

Nice management staff.
Good compnay, good co-workers and the potential for growth.
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisOctober 14, 2014
Good compnay, good co-workers and the potential for growth.
Bank of America review
Implementation Engineer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: my contract was cut short
The management was very encouraging and forth coming.

I was able to work from home and trusted to complete my daily responsibilities accordingly.

My supervisor and co-workers were very amiable and helpful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting via conference calls to complete my job responsibilities to make sure servers and network equipment – more... were in place in datacenters in tact.

I learned how to be very organized and precise. My job included a lot of project management. – less

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos