Bank Of America

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dream squashing corporate America
Client Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great pay, great bonuses, free breakfast
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, people, management
This is a world where client associates are merely pawns in the game and financial advisers can do no wrong. A vast majority of client associates are absolutely miserable and made to feel disposable. I know a woman who has worked there for over 30 years and warned me to get out while I still can.

The money and benefits are awesome, but that is not – more... enough to hide the misery from within. Additionally, free meals are a regular treat. Well fed and well paid do not keep the client associates from being miserable. They trap you with bonuses and throw money at problems.

Management is a joke, most of the other workers are in a ridiculous clique that I thought only existed in high school and the advisers are mostly insufferable jerks. The whole job becomes covering your own hide. The advisers will waste no time in pinning every mistake on you and would have you fired before they admit fault.

This might be a good job for you if you don't have a soul. – less
Diverse, professional, and enjoyable place to work
Credit Card Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2014
Pros: everyone stepping up to help each other
Cons: constantly changes of processes
Very diverse atmosphere, enjoyed working with co-workers, management very helpful with assisting in learning new processes,
difficult part of the job is relearning new processes which constantly change, most enjoyable is everyone stepping up to help each other .
Great company to work for
customer account manager/loan officer (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 10, 2014
Pros: great monthly incentives, overtime, job training for every new advancement
Cons: not easily to move up
Very good place to work with monthly incentives and food treats from time to time, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was customer negative communication when faced with foreclosure(understandable ) Management were great team players always ready and willing to assist with employee needs to give the best demonstrated practices to enhance services – more... for the customers. – less
Fast paced changing environment with immense amount of computer time
Home Service Specialist (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 10, 2014
The atmosphere was stressful because there were a lot of time sensitive material that needed to be prepared. There were lots of friendly competitions to help ease the stress amongst the employees. There were also very understanding managers which made it easy to work with them.
Great Company to work for
Consultant - Applications Programmer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2014
Bank of America offers great benefits. Company over all is a great company to work for.
Not a great company
customer service and sales (Former Employee), riversideApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed the work but the environment was entirely too negative, which explains the high turn over rate.
Job Work/Life Balance good,Salary/Benefits:good,Job Security/Advancement:good;Management:good,Job Culture:good
Software Developer in Helios and Matheson (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 10, 2014
Teller (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 9, 2014
Loved working for B of A. Great bank to start your banking carrier in
not a place for competent software developer
Consultant/Vice President, BI and Risk Technology (Current Employee), Pennington, NJApril 9, 2014
management is not familiar with software development process, technology is several generations behind, currently (2014) software is developed using approaches from mid-90s. Agile is abhorred, and most waterfall projects fail.
Fun workplace, gym, medical services and other facilities
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), CAApril 9, 2014
I am please and happy working for Bank of America
it is fun and I got to meet people, share with them all type of culture. You learn so much sharing life day by day with your coworkers so its like going to school every day and share as well as learn with each others.
At least the hours are good
Sales and Services Specialist (Current Employee), Concord, MAApril 9, 2014
There are pros and cons to working at Bank of America. The hours and benefits are the pros. Branch management, lack of necessary staff, and the nature of being in retail banking are the cons.
Need to improve technology
Senior Trade Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: nice colleague
Cons: outdated technology
A typical day was very busy because systems used was outdated.
review summary
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
data entry all day long, more skills, management had their own special people, hardest part there was none, enjoyable part was the hours and days I worked
Extremely low work/life balance with high stress
Vice President and Unit Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2014
Managed 120 associates in Area Operations Center (AOC). The process was fulfillment of Bank of America's mortgage loans for North Carolina.
Bank of America Review
Retail Sales Manager, Vice President (Current Employee), Chicago, IlApril 9, 2014
Working in multiple lines of business for the past 9 years I have had a chance to learn, grow and be challenged. I enjoy working for the organization. I know I can contribute more and I am looking for an opportunity that will allow me to do so.
System Engineer
Senior Windows System Engineer (AVP) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2014
• Senior Deployment Engineer and Project Technical Lead focused in systems management, applications technical support and automated deployment.
Decent Workplace
Mortgage Default Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
Besides the politics. This was a good place to work. However, there is very little room for growth and development.
Call center environment
Loan Specialist- Legacy Asset Servicing (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, team games, one on one sessions.
Cons: monthly parking fee.
A typical day at work included the interaction with customers over the phone assisting needs of service. I learned that team work is a must to succeed in an environment as such. Having fun with co-workers as well with management became an important part of the job. The hardest part of the job might be that you are sitting down all day. However, you – more... can get up whenever desired as long as you let management know. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the people that worked there. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 9, 2014
Handling different mortgage accounts
I learned about how your payment can be adjusted if you have an escrow account
Managers were helpful
I love my co-workers very helpful and made the day go by faster
The hardest part was explaining to customers why their payment went up because they have a fix rate
I enjoyed speaking to customers and making sure all – more... their questions were answered before leaving off my line – less
It provided me a great exposure to learn and grow.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), GurgaonApril 9, 2014
Good Learning.
Learned to meet work deadlines.
Great opportunity to learn and grow.
Team Spirit.

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more