Bank Of America
8,631 reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
AVP SR Business Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: job security due to economy
Excellent place to work. Great with updated technology. Good management team. Opportunity to grow. Job security slow due to the economy.
Fast paced environment with constant change
VP, Consumer Product Strategy Manager I (Former Employee), Brea, Ca Work from HomeOctober 29, 2014
Day to day you really didn't do the same thing twice in a week
working different projects daily
jumping from one fire drill to the next
Learned that my thinking 3 steps ahead was a valuable characteristic working at the bank.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learning what drives them
Enjoyed working with the general public
Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee), Colton, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: autonomy & friendly co-workers
Cons: driving in the mountains looking at homes
I enjoyed the mathematical part of appraising real estate. Also liked enjoying my colleagues. I also liked working with the data programs, analyzing data, enter into the computer, then add objective text to determined value. I also like the autonomy to take the necessary time to be accurate whether it is unique which takes a little longer or those that – more... fall right in to place and are completed at no time at all. – less
Typical corporation
Teller (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 28, 2014
Offers great benefits, flexible scheduling. I learned banking systems and improved my cash handling skills. My co-workers are great! I love working with them. The hardest part of the job is the customer service aspect, but that is also the most enjoyable.
a fast paced and dynamic environment
PMO Analyst (Current Employee), LondonOctober 28, 2014
A typical day involves attending various workstream meetings, producing action / minutes log and distributing to relevant stakeholders, updating the SharePoint sites with project updates and status.

It involves prioritization of tasks and being able to manage conflicting priorities in a highly pressured work environment. I work in a fantastic team – more... of change management professionals where each member is a valued contributor. – less
nice work place
Bank teller (Former Employee), greenwich, ctOctober 28, 2014
nice place to work, schedules are kind of crazy
great management
great employees
Love the environment
Customer service rep to Quality Control (Former Employee), Plano texasOctober 28, 2014
Pros: breakfast and lunch available
Cons: not every where
Job and co workers were pleasant loved y customers I came in about 15 min early every day turn on pc say my hello's and the go get breakfast from cafe then i work set up work station and connect to the Que. for calls for in bound customer service soft collection if needed. then got promoted to Quality control same jib just now in bound calls and out – more... bound only if needed additional information. – less
Productive, Work Environment
VP Unit Manager 1 (Current Employee), Norfolk VaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: need more time in the day, to handle task
Very Productive and Busy Environment
Learned the Importance of managing by Fact-Six Sigma
Management very professional, team enviorment
Co-workers are pleasant, love taking on new challenges
Ensure all are on the same page of understanding, when new policies are implemented
Knowing that he customer is pleased with our actions
Productive working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Orange, NJOctober 28, 2014
Great mathematics skills

Be able to multitask

Being able to work in a high-pas environment

Being very attentive and friendly

Knowledgeable of the financial world

Working in a team
A good place to work
Senior Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: bonus yearly
Cons: slow promotions
a good company to work for.a good company to work for.a good company to work for.
Servicing Complaint Resolution Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
Bank of America is a great place to work. I have learned how to be flexible and how to adapt to rapid changes. This company always support the employee.
Good place to Learn to be flexible
OFAC Compliance Process Monitoring (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of job stability
At this time the company has this department doing projects for compliance. One will have to be flexible and willing to learn quickly about the projects. Which is an assets to ones resume. My co-workers or great and willing to teach what they know. The hardest part of the job not knowing what the next few months will be whether or not a job or a lay – more... off. – less
Bank of America was a great place to work.
TREASURY SERVICES CARD IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
My work day was typically 12+ hours with escalation resolution, back to back meetings with peers, clients and business partners. I also spent time with my direct reports to increase morale across the team.

I've learned quite a bit during my tenure with the Bank, I learned inclusive meritocracy and the art and importance of effective delegation as a – more... Leader. My experience also taught me the importance of having a mentor and actually becoming one. Time management, effective communication, diversity and efficiency were also skills that I honed during my time with Bank of America. My ultimate attitude is we win together and we lose together, so I held my team and myself to the standard of "Don't want to hear why something cant happen, but what will it take to make it happen!"

I built great partnerships across the Bank. This is including peers, business partners, customers and even senior management (up to C-Level Officers within our organization). When I left, our C.O.O. called me personally, as I've worked on projects for her team and have attended several meetings with her. She was sad to see me leave, but asked that I keep in contact.

The hardest part of my roles at the Bank was maintaining a work life balance and the most enjoyable part of my roles were the people I worked with. The fulfillment of knowing you are making a difference is also rewarding. – less
productive
Personal Banker (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy working with people and helping them meet their financial needs.
Find somewhere else
Personal Banker (Current Employee), NoOctober 27, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits, advancement
Cons: your soul, constant job threatening
it all depends on who you are. The sales culture is agonizing. You have to be on every minute. There is an overload of information, reporting, calls, and "action plans". if you ok with that then take the job and hopefully make some money. If you value some time with family and a conscious then maybe you keep looking.
Great place to spend a career... very equal and ethical with opportunity to grow.
CRM Operations Team Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good work environment, the people, expectations are laid out in front of you
Cons: i created a term, instead of macro managed, nano managed... but it does serve a purpose.
* A typical day at work - Start out with coffee and planning for the day by pulling reports and checking VM's. Meetings and performance metrics discussed, goals and communication huddles provided.
* What you learned - How to drill down to the numbers and correlate with what is happening on the floor with reports. You cannot always take numbers at face – more... value and someone has to know the intricate details that go into the report. I have found that there are some reports flat out not quantifying the correct data to present an accurate picture of performance. I've had several reports redone on department level due to this knowledge and knowing how the process tie in together.
* Management - Management is good.. however they usually just push the goals/expectations out to you for you to meet. It takes an act of congress sometimes when providing feedback or pushback on something. It normally takes like a week or two before they see the light on whats being presented.
* Your co-workers - it's what makes the job fun and tolerable.. team mates there were great and daily communication/meetings help to build a rapport and system.
* The hardest part of the job - telling borrowers (with permanent hardship in certain scenarios) there was nothing we could do for them except look at foreclosure; truth is, even if we were able to wipe out 1/2 of their mortgage payment or more, they still could not afford the mortgage based on financial status.
* The most enjoyable part of the job - telling a borrower that their modification is complete and new payments is now this amount, starting on this date. Another enjoyable part was telling your team in our one on ones, what their bonus was based on their job performance and finally, when you know your team has acquired needed knowledge/skill on all the tools available to them to perform their job easier and more efficiently. – less
Fast paced and challenging work place
Sales and Service Specialist (SSS) (Current Employee), Peabody, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: convenient hours and location
Cons: overwhelming at times
A typical day at work at Bank of America Peabody is very fast paced. We are placed in the middle of two big shopping malls as well as many other shopping plazas. My position allows me to bounce between being a banker and teller, so I'm always wearing my "roller blades". Some significant qualities I've learned at BoA is the importance of communicating – more... with your teammates, especially since I bounce back and forth it is essential to the success of the branch that everyone is working towards the same goal.
A required part of my position is to make my sales goals, one of the hardest (and at times most discouraging) parts of the job is hearing 'no' again and again, but on the same hand the most rewarding perk is getting a 'yes' and finding that one product or solution that helps make my customers banking relationship and life easier. – less
Bank of America,Iwent to BOA through Adecco as a temp,What I gained was work experenice that i enjoyed
Remittance Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: we were able to have some of the company stock, and they gave good promotions
Cons: when we got laid off at 4 am
1) Typical day at work- I was taught to be a Remittance Clerk, were i processed Company checks
2) What I learn- to open up the mail take the documents out separate the checks from the documents,and key in the amount of the checks and,put the check thru the scanner machine which would appear on the computer screen
3)Management- was very nice,very helpful – more... in making sure you met production
4) hardest part- making sure you did not leave a live check mixed in with the paperwork
5) Enjoyable Part- when i made my production,and the spreads we would have from time to time – less
busy fast pased environment
Loan Modification Specialist (Former Employee), Westlake Village,CAOctober 27, 2014
Great place to work. Enjoyed corresponding with outside client.
Great
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2014
Cons: n/a
Good company, benefits, employees
I enjoyed working at this company and the valuable mortgage experience obtained during my time there.

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos