Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Good
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2014
Good Work Environment
Good PMO or Management Structure
Fast paced environment
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON15 March 2014
I enjoy every single day at work. very challenging day after day.

I personally, like challenges which will help you keep going along with pace
Pros
Team meetings, team lunches
Cons
nothing much
great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ontario18 February 2014
I started working for CUETS when it was owned by bank of america.

It was a great place to work. the people were great and training was fantastic.

I worked there for 2 years before it was sold to TD bank where i continued my Career.
Pros
growing company
Cons
needs to restructure the way they service customers
Good experience if you want to experience financial software development
Equity Linked Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2014
I worked for Merrill Lynch in my third year co-op. It is a technology office in Toronto with approximately 50 people. Salary was not as high as other financial firms. But people are nice and try to care about you. There are other co-op students from different schools you can get along with. There is a end-of-term presentation you talk about your achievement and accomplishment.
Pros
Learning Experience, Nice people, Work/Life balance
Cons
Low salary for 3-4 yr students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2014
A days work at the bank would consist of overviewing peoples files and verifying if any foul activity had conspired. This meant reviewing customers history as well as sometimes verifying with vendors to provide more information. I had the opportunity to learn various techniques that are used to take someone identity as well as the product available to prevent such things from happening. The hardest part of the job was notifying customer that their identity had been compromised. The most enjoyable part was catching someone for taking someone identity .
Pros
fixing things done wrong
Cons
political backstops
Good long term career
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR9 January 2014
I am currently a mortgage team lead for the bank and have been there for over 12 years. My career started as mortgage loan processor, then an assistant team lead and now a team lead. I have been able to advance within the same office and enjoy working with this company.
Productive and Fun
Credit Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2013
Client experience, challenging and rewarding environment
Productive work place
Trade Confirmation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2013
• Prepared and monitored daily Position & Limits activities: P&L, Exposure and Forward Gap, Counter party and Trader limits, and immediately reported any breach or risk situation to management. Released or confirmed deals after appropriate approval was obtained.
• Performed daily detailed evaluation and graphical reporting of all trading activities to Treasury.
• Provided timely updates of Dealing Mandates and coordinated with the various parties including Traders and Senior Management on limit changes.
Productive, Work friendly positive company. Lots of room to grow
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA15 October 2013
• Consistently made team incentive goals for 11
consecutive months
• Team exceeded VOC (voice of customer) expectations
• Maintained high sales expectations
• Serviced card holders with all inquiries
• Strengthened card holders existing relationship by
adding value
• Practiced 360 training with team and peers
N/a
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 October 2013
It's good. But not very challenging. They exploit there employees.

Want to know more about Bank Of America?

Ask a question
Very Bureaucratic
Director, Emerging Market Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  Montreal and New York19 September 2013
The people I worked with were First Class. The Best.

But big banks are so bureaucratic. It's all tick-the-box stuff.

I loved the travel and the personal interaction
Pros
First class team
Cons
Very Long hours
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, very little vertical growth.
Bank of America is a very good place to work
Sr.System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2013
Bank of America is a very good place to work. I have relocated to Canada, because of that I left Bank of America.
Good
SENIOR TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP9 July 2013
Bank of America Corporation is an American multinational banking, financial services & Technology corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest financial sector holding company in the United States. As of 2010, Bank of America is the fifth-largest company in the United States by total revenue, and the third-largest non-oil company in the U.S. (after Wal-Mart and General Electric). In 2010,Forbes listed Bank of America as the third biggest company in the world.
It was a nice experience enjoyed my team the environment
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2013
- My Typical days was busy and handling a lot of calls but i enjoyed it.
- I learned how to get to the deal with frustrated clients, and take them from negative mood to positive, since am behind the phone i have to show them how confident i am about what am doing.
- The management was good and they were very understanding team and they took care of there employees
- My co-workers was like a family we all got along, and we enjoy helping each other and being in team.
- The hardest part about my job i have to admit you get a lot clients they call u out, but the end of the day you have to professional and deal with the frustration and put your self in there shoes try to explain and help them.
- The most enjoyable part about my job was the activities that we used to sometimes we ( go to movies, Bowling, play Soccer.. ect)
Kept Busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 June 2013
Kept busy:
summarized reports for management, responsible for the day to day maintenance of the payroll database, liaison between multiple departments, researched ESA for implementation, created schedules for 150 employees

Learned cooperation and communication

Great Co-workers

Able to implement new procedures for improves to current task
Pros
Contests for quality of work
Cons
My position was not part of a team, no work/life balance
Bank of america has very good environment to work
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  toronto12 June 2013
Bank of america has very good environment to work and enhance the skills.
Very professional and hard working environment
Corporate Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2013
I supported several Managing Directors and VPS. I organised travel, meetings, phone calls, presentation books - basically their entire work life. I learned how to be extrememly efficient, focus hard, work hard, be punctual and strive to beat their expectations. I loved the people I worked with and had a lot of fun with them.
Prodective and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON6 March 2013
It was the best experience. I learned so many things in such a short period.

A typical day at work was..
I start at 8 am, go to my office, start taking calls, helping customers with their credit cards issues, do whatever it takes to make the customer satisfied. at lunch, all the co-workers meet at the cafeteria, most of time we talk about every call we had, and what are the procedures we took to resolve the problem and showing the customer that we care about him
The hardest part of the job,
The bank of America, they care, they love and their loyal to their customers, nothing is hard for them if its for the benefit of the customer. However, sometimes it happens that we can't do anything to help the customer, and that's the hardest part.
Bank of America care about their employees, they do so many activities to keep us in a positive mood., almost every day they do a barbecue for us outside, we play soccer, tennis, and so many other activities. I really enjoyed the incentive part, because I love challenge, I love making my customers happy and at the same time, I'm leaving my work with a smile, and I say to myself, I did a great job and I win the incentive.
Nice culture and motivating experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJ3 February 2013
I have learnt all my basic skills from here
environment here was so friendly
my colleagues and boss was quite motivating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.