Bank Of America
7,691 reviews

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very nice experience to be working there
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 26, 2013
I had nice work environment there, lots of motivation and branding activities
Very Bureaucratic
Director, Emerging Market Equity Sales (Former Employee), Montreal and New YorkSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: first class team
Cons: very long hours
The people I worked with were First Class. The Best.

But big banks are so bureaucratic. It's all tick-the-box stuff.

I loved the travel and the personal interaction
Good experience with the bank for the last 7-8 years
Analyst I - Bus Tech Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 15, 2013
I would like to describe in brief about my experience with the bank , starting with my role as a system analyst , I got diversified experience across bank in mortgage servicing domain . I had to create and review design documentations for any initiative proects .I am a specialist (functional expert) im my domain i.e home loan servicing application. – more... The business requirement phases where important where , I used to collaboarate with clients and understands the requirements . Those were then incorporated in high level design , and then to traceability matrix for proect planning . Getting hold of QA activities for test planning etc is also a very important aspect of my job profile.

The hardest part of the ob is to bring all the people involved in SDLC in sync , one should have to daily keep track of things and to be in exact control.

The most enjoyable part , I should say is after every successful release , the management gives recognition . – less
na
America Teller (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJSeptember 9, 2013
a typical day for me at the bank is simple most customer have been banking with us for a long time so there transaction are similar on a weekly basis. sometime I open a profile for new customer while they wait for the adviser to open the account. and some customer would like to know how they are able to save. and I will advise them of the many ways – more... they can save and what they will earn on some of the save accounts. I also speak with student and advise them about building their credit and apply for a credit card and I also advise them about our savings account. – less
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, very little vertical growth.
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Bank of America is a very good place to work
Sr.System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
Bank of America is a very good place to work. I have relocated to Canada, because of that I left Bank of America.
GOOD
SENIOR TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 9, 2013
Bank of America Corporation is an American multinational banking, financial services & Technology corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest financial sector holding company in the United States. As of 2010, Bank of America is the fifth-largest company in the United States by total revenue, and the third-largest – more... non-oil company in the U.S. (after Wal-Mart and General Electric). In 2010,Forbes listed Bank of America as the third biggest company in the world. – less
It was a nice experience enjoyed my team the environment
Account manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2013
- My Typical days was busy and handling a lot of calls but i enjoyed it.
- I learned how to get to the deal with frustrated clients, and take them from negative mood to positive, since am behind the phone i have to show them how confident i am about what am doing.
- The management was good and they were very understanding team and they took care of – more... there employees
- My co-workers was like a family we all got along, and we enjoy helping each other and being in team.
- The hardest part about my job i have to admit you get a lot clients they call u out, but the end of the day you have to professional and deal with the frustration and put your self in there shoes try to explain and help them.
- The most enjoyable part about my job was the activities that we used to sometimes we ( go to movies, Bowling, play Soccer.. ect) – less
Bank of america has very good environment to work
Sr Analyst (Current Employee), torontoJune 12, 2013
Bank of america has very good environment to work and enhance the skills.
Productive and fun place to work and make a good carrier
Senior Team member (Former Employee), HyderabadMay 1, 2013
Pros: free meal coupons, free pick and drop.
There were days when a project was given, we were asked to learn it in a very short period and start working on the same immediately.

I learned to work faster in a typical fast speedy environment with more accuracy and to complete the given deadlines before time.

The management were always there to support us in everything we needed and to get the – more... whole team on the same page, and we were always successful in any project.

The co-workers were very co-operative and helpful.

There was really nothing so difficult for us or me to achieve.

We got lot of goodies and had a team outing or team dinner whenever we made a good progress for any project, the management showed ways of appreciation to always make us happy and on the go. – less
Productive and fun workplace..had Table Tennis Table, Carroms etc
Team Developer (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaApril 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: nothing
Overall the management and coworkers were friendly and cooperative..Enjoyed working for Bank Of America and it can be seen from my experience.. Had worked for 3 years and 6 months before coming to Canada.
A good place to work, offers great benefits for employees.
GSE Modification Mortgage Underwriter II (Current Employee), Fort-worth TexasApril 16, 2013
A good place to work, offers great benefits for employees. I learned how to help service clients, my co-workers are fun to work with and are all focused on the same goal as a unit. Hardest part of the job is not being able to get a client to where he needs to be to qualify for a mod, enjoyable is successfully helping as many home owners as possible.
Team was good and every month we use to have outdoor games
OBIEE 11G Developer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2013
Pros: wonderful team, pot logs
Cons: long hours, no appreciations
Normally a day use to start with a scrum call followed by the meeting. Management was overall OK but was not great, coworker was very supportive in giving helping hand to someone who is lacking behind.
Prodective and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa East, ONMarch 6, 2013
It was the best experience. I learned so many things in such a short period.

A typical day at work was..
I start at 8 am, go to my office, start taking calls, helping customers with their credit cards issues, do whatever it takes to make the customer satisfied. at lunch, all the co-workers meet at the cafeteria, most of time we talk about every call – more... we had, and what are the procedures we took to resolve the problem and showing the customer that we care about him
The hardest part of the job,
The bank of America, they care, they love and their loyal to their customers, nothing is hard for them if its for the benefit of the customer. However, sometimes it happens that we can't do anything to help the customer, and that's the hardest part.
Bank of America care about their employees, they do so many activities to keep us in a positive mood., almost every day they do a barbecue for us outside, we play soccer, tennis, and so many other activities. I really enjoyed the incentive part, because I love challenge, I love making my customers happy and at the same time, I'm leaving my work with a smile, and I say to myself, I did a great job and I win the incentive. – less
nice
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2013
working in chubb made me understand risk management and also how to effectively write test plans when we dont have clear ideas on the product
Nice culture and motivating experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 3, 2013
I have learnt all my basic skills from here
environment here was so friendly
my colleagues and boss was quite motivating
401 k Retirement Plan
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: financial terminology
Cons: long hours of working
Gathered the requirement using various tools
requirement management was the key part
Careted "to-do" list for all clients in training
A dynamic place to work, full of lessons and fun
Business Analyst, Credit Optimization Program (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2012
Pros: free tea and coffee, excellent working environment and a solid and motivated team
Cons: bureaucracy, perfunctory processes
By virtue of working in different application areas over the year, it have acquired excellent domain knowlegde in banking and insurance. Management is very encouraging and progressive.
Your best is never good enough
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 8, 2012
It is a great company with excellent benefits. The pay is very competative and the bonuses are fantastic. If you are willing to work hard and long hours then you will reap the benefits. The only down side is that they are very greedy. Be prepared to never meet high goals and when you do dont be surprised to have the bar raised on you.
Reducing risk
VP Technology and Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee), Mexico CityOctober 17, 2012
Pros: a lot of resources looking for the same objective
Cons: bureaucracy
Everyday I'm looking for ways to reduce risk and create a more cost effective company

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos