Bank Of America Employee Reviews

A lot of experience and skills obtained from working in an American Company, fun place to work as well.
Finance Analyst/ Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2012
Biggest learning curbs,

Time management
meeting deadlines
multi tasking

Hardest part of the job

Very fast paced and ever changing environment, requiring one to adapt to change systems and process on a monthly/ regular basis.

The most fun part of the company, were the team outings and team building experiences which gave us the opportunities to meet other team mates in other sections and senior management, and volunteer for charity work.
Very nice company environment, with fun at work and lots of motivation. Also give a chance to join social work CSR and have sports activity too.
Senior Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto , ON17 August 2012
It gave me a chance to learn and develop leadership skills. Increased knowledge, got to know corporate working culture and Banking experience. Got an opportunity to work in different departments. Enhanced effective communication and every day we learn something new in the company. Company is very big with lots of opportunity. Overall it’s a very nice company to work.
Pros
pickup, fun at work, outing, good meal
Productive work place
Trade Confirmation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2013
• Prepared and monitored daily Position & Limits activities: P&L, Exposure and Forward Gap, Counter party and Trader limits, and immediately reported any breach or risk situation to management. Released or confirmed deals after appropriate approval was obtained.
• Performed daily detailed evaluation and graphical reporting of all trading activities to Treasury.
• Provided timely updates of Dealing Mandates and coordinated with the various parties including Traders and Senior Management on limit changes.
Ensure Customer Sastisfaction
Senior Bilingual Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2014
Provide accurate, delightful, and efficient customer service to our valued customers and assisted with routine account related transactions such as opening new accounts, review balances, deposits and withdrawals. As well as transferring funds, completing account maintenance and adhering to established service level agreements.

"My philosophy is to take personal responsibility for developing a positive relationship and providing a good experience for each customer by giving efficient, accurate and prompt service, by listening to and understanding the customer's needs, by meeting or exceeding these needs and by meeting my commitments, keeping my promises and taking ownership of my mistakes."
Pros
Help customers, excellent team, interesting product
Cons
annual income
401 k Retirement Plan
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJ9 January 2013
Gathered the requirement using various tools
requirement management was the key part
Careted "to-do" list for all clients in training
Pros
financial terminology
Cons
long hours of working
Very professional and hard working environment
Corporate Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2013
I supported several Managing Directors and VPS. I organised travel, meetings, phone calls, presentation books - basically their entire work life. I learned how to be extrememly efficient, focus hard, work hard, be punctual and strive to beat their expectations. I loved the people I worked with and had a lot of fun with them.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2014
A days work at the bank would consist of overviewing peoples files and verifying if any foul activity had conspired. This meant reviewing customers history as well as sometimes verifying with vendors to provide more information. I had the opportunity to learn various techniques that are used to take someone identity as well as the product available to prevent such things from happening. The hardest part of the job was notifying customer that their identity had been compromised. The most enjoyable part was catching someone for taking someone identity .
Pros
fixing things done wrong
Cons
political backstops
Great
Bilingual Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2014
Verified all information in correspondence and documents ensuring correctness
Contacted originator if corrections were required
Handled and logged all incoming/outgoing correspondence and mail
Maintained electronic and hard copy tracking and filing systems
Received, responded and routed incoming calls and inquiries to appropriate person
Communicated effectively with employees orally and in writing
Discussed work requirements, methods, procedures and deadlines
Fluently Bilingual-French/English
great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ontario18 February 2014
I started working for CUETS when it was owned by bank of america.

It was a great place to work. the people were great and training was fantastic.

I worked there for 2 years before it was sold to TD bank where i continued my Career.
Pros
growing company
Cons
needs to restructure the way they service customers
Loved learning about the banking industry
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2015
I really liked learning about the banking industry. At work it was always fun corresponding with clients over the phone. As for my co-workers, we worked very well in teams and carried out duties and we always kept our clients our number 1 priority.
Improve my negociation skills in English
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC14 August 2014
I was on the phone all time as call center.
I improve my negotiation skills in English
I did not have time to share with my co- workers.
I learn a lot from my supervisors.
Pros
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8 to 5 pm.
Cons
Job Security: Depend of the contract with third companies.
Average
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2015
Based in Canada not as much focus on Canadian employees. Great co-workers who work hard and always provide assistance and help you learn.
Challenging work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON13 April 2015
Laerned few new things that helped to build my career.
Good coleauges and work environment.

Learned their business process
Prodective and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON6 March 2013
It was the best experience. I learned so many things in such a short period.

A typical day at work was..
I start at 8 am, go to my office, start taking calls, helping customers with their credit cards issues, do whatever it takes to make the customer satisfied. at lunch, all the co-workers meet at the cafeteria, most of time we talk about every call we had, and what are the procedures we took to resolve the problem and showing the customer that we care about him
The hardest part of the job,
The bank of America, they care, they love and their loyal to their customers, nothing is hard for them if its for the benefit of the customer. However, sometimes it happens that we can't do anything to help the customer, and that's the hardest part.
Bank of America care about their employees, they do so many activities to keep us in a positive mood., almost every day they do a barbecue for us outside, we play soccer, tennis, and so many other activities. I really enjoyed the incentive part, because I love challenge, I love making my customers happy and at the same time, I'm leaving my work with a smile, and I say to myself, I did a great job and I win the incentive.
Very Bureaucratic
Director, Emerging Market Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  Montreal and New York19 September 2013
The people I worked with were First Class. The Best.

But big banks are so bureaucratic. It's all tick-the-box stuff.

I loved the travel and the personal interaction
Pros
First class team
Cons
Very Long hours
Good long term career
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR9 January 2014
I am currently a mortgage team lead for the bank and have been there for over 12 years. My career started as mortgage loan processor, then an assistant team lead and now a team lead. I have been able to advance within the same office and enjoy working with this company.
Good training, good supervisory staff,
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2012
Good place to gain experience because of their great training. A little to eager to up-sell their insurance packages. People and Managers helpful in guiding and providing suggestions on how to improve. As a contract term employee, we were excluded from the good contest/competition which makes you feel like you are not part of the team.
Pros
understanding supervisors
Cons
exclusion from competing with perm workers for prize contests
Great and fun place to work
Lead Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  200 Front street.24 November 2014
Clean and spacious work place.
Friendly co-workers.
Great management team.
Professional work environment.
Personal work station.
Pros
Close to mall and restaurants. Downtown located.
Cons
No Free Parking
great place to work
Teller, Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad ca4 March 2015
bank of america started my carree in the banking industry. they helped me grow as a banker as well as a person. they have plenty of oppurtunity to develope new skills for all entry levels.. one of my favorite places to work and i hope to one day be able to return to this wounderful company
Productive, Work friendly positive company. Lots of room to grow
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA15 October 2013
• Consistently made team incentive goals for 11
consecutive months
• Team exceeded VOC (voice of customer) expectations
• Maintained high sales expectations
• Serviced card holders with all inquiries
• Strengthened card holders existing relationship by
adding value