Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Hardest part and experiences at work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
The hardest part of the job when you try to make the customer how credit card works and customer don't understands.
I have learned a lot about credit cards and experienced a lot from understanding from customers life event.
Pros
FREE WIFI
Cons
LONG HOURS
A flexible placement with opportunity for growth
Customer/ Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2016
A regular day at my current job would consist of routine work however given the role is customer and financial assistance, there is always a chance for challenges. The workplace has a welcoming environment which is helpful when needed but also allows one to independently perform.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
No employee benefits
Fun place to work for . But the pay is not good.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caribou, ME10 January 2017
Fun place but the pay is not very good. The staff is excellent and the team spirit is very high. Management was great with great leadership.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Awesome workplace
Credit Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
Bank of America had a great workplace environment, fun activities and outings.They truly valued their employees. Good salary with additional sales incentives.
productive and nice environment to work.
Credit Card Compliance and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 May 2016
Its an excellent opportunity to work with Bank of America outsource. They are very helpful and respectable to response. The training programmer is awesome. Co worker are friendly to help each other. The hardest part is to deal with difficult customer. Enjoyable part is to have nice colleague around me.
Great Place to Work
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 May 2016
The management team strongly encourage employees to learn responsibilities outside job role to progress and grow with the bank.
it was my pleasure to work with my direct manager in the past 7 years
Associate, Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
it was my pleasure to work with my direct manager in the past 7 years. My team was a great place to work until the whole team was gone due to restructuring.
productive always felt like family excellent business
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2015
working at zakho convenience felt like it was my own, never was troubled ensure work was done. my co-workers were like family we all got along. management was understanding thru all situations, I would say everyday s a hard day but as we all worked as a team we got thru everything together.
Pros
free lunches, work parties and holiday bonuses
Cons
extentive long hours
productive and fun workplace
Software Application Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
Great company recognized and presence worldwide. healthy and productive environment. diverse workforce with ample of room for growth and personal development. awesome company to work for.
Great place to work.
Loss Prevention, Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2016
Although an American company, a great place to work in Canada. A large company, with a can-do attitude that employs resources committed to growth.
Good Company with Limited Growth
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Delhi14 October 2015
I would recommend experienced professionals to join this company. One the best place to work if you have joined the company as experienced professional. Technology and Management training to employees enhance their skill sets .
Great
Bilingual Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2014
Verified all information in correspondence and documents ensuring correctness
Contacted originator if corrections were required
Handled and logged all incoming/outgoing correspondence and mail
Maintained electronic and hard copy tracking and filing systems
Received, responded and routed incoming calls and inquiries to appropriate person
Communicated effectively with employees orally and in writing
Discussed work requirements, methods, procedures and deadlines
Fluently Bilingual-French/English
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2014
A days work at the bank would consist of overviewing peoples files and verifying if any foul activity had conspired. This meant reviewing customers history as well as sometimes verifying with vendors to provide more information. I had the opportunity to learn various techniques that are used to take someone identity as well as the product available to prevent such things from happening. The hardest part of the job was notifying customer that their identity had been compromised. The most enjoyable part was catching someone for taking someone identity .
Pros
fixing things done wrong
Cons
political backstops
Good experience if you want to experience financial software development
Equity Linked Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2014
I worked for Merrill Lynch in my third year co-op. It is a technology office in Toronto with approximately 50 people. Salary was not as high as other financial firms. But people are nice and try to care about you. There are other co-op students from different schools you can get along with. There is a end-of-term presentation you talk about your achievement and accomplishment.
Pros
Learning Experience, Nice people, Work/Life balance
Cons
Low salary for 3-4 yr students
Very nice company environment, with fun at work and lots of motivation. Also give a chance to join social work CSR and have sports activity too.
Senior Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto , ON17 August 2012
It gave me a chance to learn and develop leadership skills. Increased knowledge, got to know corporate working culture and Banking experience. Got an opportunity to work in different departments. Enhanced effective communication and every day we learn something new in the company. Company is very big with lots of opportunity. Overall it’s a very nice company to work.
Pros
pickup, fun at work, outing, good meal
Good training, good supervisory staff,
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2012
Good place to gain experience because of their great training. A little to eager to up-sell their insurance packages. People and Managers helpful in guiding and providing suggestions on how to improve. As a contract term employee, we were excluded from the good contest/competition which makes you feel like you are not part of the team.
Pros
understanding supervisors
Cons
exclusion from competing with perm workers for prize contests
A lot of experience and skills obtained from working in an American Company, fun place to work as well.
Finance Analyst/ Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2012
Biggest learning curbs,

Time management
meeting deadlines
multi tasking

Hardest part of the job

Very fast paced and ever changing environment, requiring one to adapt to change systems and process on a monthly/ regular basis.

The most fun part of the company, were the team outings and team building experiences which gave us the opportunities to meet other team mates in other sections and senior management, and volunteer for charity work.
Productive work place
Trade Confirmation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2013
• Prepared and monitored daily Position & Limits activities: P&L, Exposure and Forward Gap, Counter party and Trader limits, and immediately reported any breach or risk situation to management. Released or confirmed deals after appropriate approval was obtained.
• Performed daily detailed evaluation and graphical reporting of all trading activities to Treasury.
• Provided timely updates of Dealing Mandates and coordinated with the various parties including Traders and Senior Management on limit changes.
Kept Busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 June 2013
Kept busy:
summarized reports for management, responsible for the day to day maintenance of the payroll database, liaison between multiple departments, researched ESA for implementation, created schedules for 150 employees

Learned cooperation and communication

Great Co-workers

Able to implement new procedures for improves to current task
Pros
Contests for quality of work
Cons
My position was not part of a team, no work/life balance
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, very little vertical growth.