Bank Of America Employee Reviews

A flexible placement with opportunity for growth
Customer/ Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2016
A regular day at my current job would consist of routine work however given the role is customer and financial assistance, there is always a chance for challenges. The workplace has a welcoming environment which is helpful when needed but also allows one to independently perform.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
No employee benefits
Awesome workplace
Credit Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
Bank of America had a great workplace environment, fun activities and outings.They truly valued their employees. Good salary with additional sales incentives.
Hardest part and experiences at work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
The hardest part of the job when you try to make the customer how credit card works and customer don't understands.
I have learned a lot about credit cards and experienced a lot from understanding from customers life event.
Pros
FREE WIFI
Cons
LONG HOURS
Fun place to work for . But the pay is not good.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caribou, ME10 January 2017
Fun place but the pay is not very good. The staff is excellent and the team spirit is very high. Management was great with great leadership.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Good experience if you want to experience financial software development
Equity Linked Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2014
I worked for Merrill Lynch in my third year co-op. It is a technology office in Toronto with approximately 50 people. Salary was not as high as other financial firms. But people are nice and try to care about you. There are other co-op students from different schools you can get along with. There is a end-of-term presentation you talk about your achievement and accomplishment.
Pros
Learning Experience, Nice people, Work/Life balance
Cons
Low salary for 3-4 yr students
productive and nice environment to work.
Credit Card Compliance and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 May 2016
Its an excellent opportunity to work with Bank of America outsource. They are very helpful and respectable to response. The training programmer is awesome. Co worker are friendly to help each other. The hardest part is to deal with difficult customer. Enjoyable part is to have nice colleague around me.
Your best is never good enough
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA8 November 2012
It is a great company with excellent benefits. The pay is very competative and the bonuses are fantastic. If you are willing to work hard and long hours then you will reap the benefits. The only down side is that they are very greedy. Be prepared to never meet high goals and when you do dont be surprised to have the bar raised on you.
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, very little vertical growth.
Great Place to Work
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 May 2016
The management team strongly encourage employees to learn responsibilities outside job role to progress and grow with the bank.
productive always felt like family excellent business
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2015
working at zakho convenience felt like it was my own, never was troubled ensure work was done. my co-workers were like family we all got along. management was understanding thru all situations, I would say everyday s a hard day but as we all worked as a team we got thru everything together.
Pros
free lunches, work parties and holiday bonuses
Cons
extentive long hours
Excellent Environment to grow a career
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2015
I started my job with this company in an entry level position that included reasonable compensation, the ability to gain extensive bonus' and real room for advancement through hard work.

I eventually moved into a management and then a high level support position.

I learned new ways to communication both with a customer and internally with colleagues, other company co-workers and management from reporting Supervisor to CEO of the company and to Sr. Management of the parent corporation.

It was easy to tell co-workers who where in this job to advance and make a positive contribution, and those who were there for their compensation only. When working with like-minded individuals it removed most workplace burdens as there was a sense of collaboration, togetherness and shared goals. This made the workday much easier to go through and eliminated a lot of related work stress.

In my time there I had more than a dozen different managers and almost all were very easy to work with, lived the company philosophies through their work and management styles and were eager to share and teach their skills to improve their direct reports.

The most difficult part of my job was meeting difficult deadlines and having to learn on the fly to meet project requirements.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the real bonus program the company constantly offered. This was not just through financial compensation but through other means such as tangible rewards, company outings and recognition for a job well done.

The company showed a desire to showcase individuals who had made accomplishments
  more... and excelled at aiding struggling workers to do and be better.

Reason for leaving the company was due to relocation to a city where they did not have a presence with available positions.
Poor compensation
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on18 March 2015
It's a good place for beginners. The culture is diversifed and good. Colleagues are friendly and nice. The compensation is low and the management is not that great.
Learnng place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2014
learn everyday knowledge about doing financial assessments and giving better options to clients
Pros
overtime
Cons
long hours and low salary
not a bad place to work if they would hire people directly, and not through vendor relationships
Collections Officer/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2015
a typical day at work is receiving inbound and making some outbound collection calls related to personal and business credit cards. i actually like/d doing that and speaking with people and helping them get back on track with their credit card payments.

what i didn't like was that i was a Bank Of America (BOA) employee only associated/ through a vendor. so basically the bank pays these companies the contract to collect delinquent money from credit cards, and these companies called vendors, employ people at low wages, no benefits, high turn over and which results in low morale.

BOA has the money to employ people and give these vendor employees benefits, something the vendor i am associated with does not do. BOA is a struggling organization, lots of errors, inconsistencies and no customer service, so they need people like me to make a person or business actually feel good about a plan to get back on track.

the hardest of the job was dealing with internal staff that had no customer service skills, would not reverse service fees, would provide inconsistent information. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer or business get back on track with their credit card financial life. i would recommend that BOA also hire people associated with vendors.

sad to say, from what i know i wouldn't recommend doing personal or business, business with BOA, based on how they treat their customers/ clients in collections. just my 2 cents.

thanks for reading this review.
Pros
stimulating work, good place to develop negotiation skills, good place to learn finanical discipline from a personal and business perspective
Cons
lack of good trainers, no customer service, high internal errors, low wages, no benefits. .
productive and fun workplace
Software Application Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
Great company recognized and presence worldwide. healthy and productive environment. diverse workforce with ample of room for growth and personal development. awesome company to work for.
it was my pleasure to work with my direct manager in the past 7 years
Associate, Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
it was my pleasure to work with my direct manager in the past 7 years. My team was a great place to work until the whole team was gone due to restructuring.
Great place to work.
Loss Prevention, Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2016
Although an American company, a great place to work in Canada. A large company, with a can-do attitude that employs resources committed to growth.
Good Company with Limited Growth
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Delhi14 October 2015
I would recommend experienced professionals to join this company. One the best place to work if you have joined the company as experienced professional. Technology and Management training to employees enhance their skill sets .
Kept Busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 June 2013
Kept busy:
summarized reports for management, responsible for the day to day maintenance of the payroll database, liaison between multiple departments, researched ESA for implementation, created schedules for 150 employees

Learned cooperation and communication

Great Co-workers

Able to implement new procedures for improves to current task
Pros
Contests for quality of work
Cons
My position was not part of a team, no work/life balance
It was a nice experience enjoyed my team the environment
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2013
- My Typical days was busy and handling a lot of calls but i enjoyed it.
- I learned how to get to the deal with frustrated clients, and take them from negative mood to positive, since am behind the phone i have to show them how confident i am about what am doing.
- The management was good and they were very understanding team and they took care of there employees
- My co-workers was like a family we all got along, and we enjoy helping each other and being in team.
- The hardest part about my job i have to admit you get a lot clients they call u out, but the end of the day you have to professional and deal with the frustration and put your self in there shoes try to explain and help them.
- The most enjoyable part about my job was the activities that we used to sometimes we ( go to movies, Bowling, play Soccer.. ect)