Bank Of America

12.3K reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Environment to grow a career
Various Positions (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 12, 2015
I started my job with this company in an entry level position that included reasonable compensation, the ability to gain extensive bonus' and real room for advancement through hard work.

I eventually moved into a management and then a high level support position.

I learned new ways to communication both with a customer and internally with colleagues, other company co-workers and management from reporting Supervisor to CEO of the company and to Sr. Management of the parent corporation.

It was easy to tell co-workers who where in this job to advance and make a positive contribution, and those who were there for their compensation only. When working with like-minded individuals it removed most workplace burdens as there was a sense of collaboration, togetherness and shared goals. This made the workday much easier to go through and eliminated a lot of related work stress.

In my time there I had more than a dozen different managers and almost all were very easy to work with, lived the company philosophies through their work and management styles and were eager to share and teach their skills to improve their direct reports.

The most difficult part of my job was meeting difficult deadlines and having to learn on the fly to meet project requirements.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the real bonus program the company constantly offered. This was not just through financial compensation but through other means such as tangible rewards, company outings and recognition for a job well done.

The company showed a desire to showcase individuals who had made accomplishments – more... and excelled at aiding struggling workers to do and be better.

Reason for leaving the company was due to relocation to a city where they did not have a presence with available positions. – less
not a bad place to work if they would hire people directly, and not through vendor relationships
Collections Officer/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: stimulating work, good place to develop negotiation skills, good place to learn finanical discipline from a personal and business perspective
Cons: lack of good trainers, no customer service, high internal errors, low wages, no benefits. .
a typical day at work is receiving inbound and making some outbound collection calls related to personal and business credit cards. i actually like/d doing that and speaking with people and helping them get back on track with their credit card payments.

what i didn't like was that i was a Bank Of America (BOA) employee only associated/ through a vendor. so basically the bank pays these companies the contract to collect delinquent money from credit cards, and these companies called vendors, employ people at low wages, no benefits, high turn over and which results in low morale.

BOA has the money to employ people and give these vendor employees benefits, something the vendor i am associated with does not do. BOA is a struggling organization, lots of errors, inconsistencies and no customer service, so they need people like me to make a person or business actually feel good about a plan to get back on track.

the hardest of the job was dealing with internal staff that had no customer service skills, would not reverse service fees, would provide inconsistent information. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer or business get back on track with their credit card financial life. i would recommend that BOA also hire people associated with vendors.

sad to say, from what i know i wouldn't recommend doing personal or business, business with BOA, based on how they treat their customers/ clients in collections. just my 2 cents.

thanks for reading this review.
Prodective and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa East, ONMarch 6, 2013
It was the best experience. I learned so many things in such a short period.

A typical day at work was..
I start at 8 am, go to my office, start taking calls, helping customers with their credit cards issues, do whatever it takes to make the customer satisfied. at lunch, all the co-workers meet at the cafeteria, most of time we talk about every call we had, and what are the procedures we took to resolve the problem and showing the customer that we care about him
The hardest part of the job,
The bank of America, they care, they love and their loyal to their customers, nothing is hard for them if its for the benefit of the customer. However, sometimes it happens that we can't do anything to help the customer, and that's the hardest part.
Bank of America care about their employees, they do so many activities to keep us in a positive mood., almost every day they do a barbecue for us outside, we play soccer, tennis, and so many other activities. I really enjoyed the incentive part, because I love challenge, I love making my customers happy and at the same time, I'm leaving my work with a smile, and I say to myself, I did a great job and I win the incentive.
Ensure Customer Sastisfaction
Senior Bilingual Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: help customers, excellent team, interesting product
Cons: annual income
Provide accurate, delightful, and efficient customer service to our valued customers and assisted with routine account related transactions such as opening new accounts, review balances, deposits and withdrawals. As well as transferring funds, completing account maintenance and adhering to established service level agreements.

"My philosophy is to take personal responsibility for developing a positive relationship and providing a good experience for each customer by giving efficient, accurate and prompt service, by listening to and understanding the customer's needs, by meeting or exceeding these needs and by meeting my commitments, keeping my promises and taking ownership of my mistakes."
It was a nice experience enjoyed my team the environment
Account manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2013
- My Typical days was busy and handling a lot of calls but i enjoyed it.
- I learned how to get to the deal with frustrated clients, and take them from negative mood to positive, since am behind the phone i have to show them how confident i am about what am doing.
- The management was good and they were very understanding team and they took care of there employees
- My co-workers was like a family we all got along, and we enjoy helping each other and being in team.
- The hardest part about my job i have to admit you get a lot clients they call u out, but the end of the day you have to professional and deal with the frustration and put your self in there shoes try to explain and help them.
- The most enjoyable part about my job was the activities that we used to sometimes we ( go to movies, Bowling, play Soccer.. ect)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fixing things done wrong
Cons: political backstops
A days work at the bank would consist of overviewing peoples files and verifying if any foul activity had conspired. This meant reviewing customers history as well as sometimes verifying with vendors to provide more information. I had the opportunity to learn various techniques that are used to take someone identity as well as the product available to prevent such things from happening. The hardest part of the job was notifying customer that their identity had been compromised. The most enjoyable part was catching someone for taking someone identity .
A lot of experience and skills obtained from working in an American Company, fun place to work as well.
Finance Analyst/ Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 16, 2012
Biggest learning curbs,

Time management
meeting deadlines
multi tasking

Hardest part of the job

Very fast paced and ever changing environment, requiring one to adapt to change systems and process on a monthly/ regular basis.

The most fun part of the company, were the team outings and team building experiences which gave us the opportunities to meet other team mates in other sections and senior management, and volunteer for charity work.
Productive work place
Trade Confirmation Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
• Prepared and monitored daily Position & Limits activities: P&L, Exposure and Forward Gap, Counter party and Trader limits, and immediately reported any breach or risk situation to management. Released or confirmed deals after appropriate approval was obtained.
• Performed daily detailed evaluation and graphical reporting of all trading activities to Treasury.
• Provided timely updates of Dealing Mandates and coordinated with the various parties including Traders and Senior Management on limit changes.
Very nice company environment, with fun at work and lots of motivation. Also give a chance to join social work CSR and have sports activity too.
Senior Tech Associate (Former Employee), Toronto , ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: pickup, fun at work, outing, good meal
It gave me a chance to learn and develop leadership skills. Increased knowledge, got to know corporate working culture and Banking experience. Got an opportunity to work in different departments. Enhanced effective communication and every day we learn something new in the company. Company is very big with lots of opportunity. Overall it’s a very nice company to work.
Great
Bilingual Collections Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2014
Verified all information in correspondence and documents ensuring correctness
Contacted originator if corrections were required
Handled and logged all incoming/outgoing correspondence and mail
Maintained electronic and hard copy tracking and filing systems
Received, responded and routed incoming calls and inquiries to appropriate person
Communicated effectively with employees orally and in writing
Discussed work requirements, methods, procedures and deadlines
Fluently Bilingual-French/English
Good experience if you want to experience financial software development
Equity Linked Technology (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: learning experience, nice people, work/life balance
Cons: low salary for 3-4 yr students
I worked for Merrill Lynch in my third year co-op. It is a technology office in Toronto with approximately 50 people. Salary was not as high as other financial firms. But people are nice and try to care about you. There are other co-op students from different schools you can get along with. There is a end-of-term presentation you talk about your achievement and accomplishment.
Good training, good supervisory staff,
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: understanding supervisors
Cons: exclusion from competing with perm workers for prize contests
Good place to gain experience because of their great training. A little to eager to up-sell their insurance packages. People and Managers helpful in guiding and providing suggestions on how to improve. As a contract term employee, we were excluded from the good contest/competition which makes you feel like you are not part of the team.
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, very little vertical growth.
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Your best is never good enough
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 8, 2012
It is a great company with excellent benefits. The pay is very competative and the bonuses are fantastic. If you are willing to work hard and long hours then you will reap the benefits. The only down side is that they are very greedy. Be prepared to never meet high goals and when you do dont be surprised to have the bar raised on you.
Very professional and hard working environment
Corporate Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2013
I supported several Managing Directors and VPS. I organised travel, meetings, phone calls, presentation books - basically their entire work life. I learned how to be extrememly efficient, focus hard, work hard, be punctual and strive to beat their expectations. I loved the people I worked with and had a lot of fun with them.
Productive, Work friendly positive company. Lots of room to grow
Team Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CAOctober 15, 2013
• Consistently made team incentive goals for 11
consecutive months
• Team exceeded VOC (voice of customer) expectations
• Maintained high sales expectations
• Serviced card holders with all inquiries
• Strengthened card holders existing relationship by
adding value
• Practiced 360 training with team and peers
great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ottawa, ontarioFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: needs to restructure the way they service customers
I started working for CUETS when it was owned by bank of america.

It was a great place to work. the people were great and training was fantastic.

I worked there for 2 years before it was sold to TD bank where i continued my Career.
great place to work
Teller, Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee), Carlsbad caMarch 4, 2015
bank of america started my carree in the banking industry. they helped me grow as a banker as well as a person. they have plenty of oppurtunity to develope new skills for all entry levels.. one of my favorite places to work and i hope to one day be able to return to this wounderful company
Improve my negociation skills in English
Collector (Former Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: schedule: monday - friday from 8 to 5 pm.
Cons: job security: depend of the contract with third companies.
I was on the phone all time as call center.
I improve my negotiation skills in English
I did not have time to share with my co- workers.
I learn a lot from my supervisors.
Loved learning about the banking industry
Customer service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2015
I really liked learning about the banking industry. At work it was always fun corresponding with clients over the phone. As for my co-workers, we worked very well in teams and carried out duties and we always kept our clients our number 1 priority.
Headquarters